Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 152 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 521021421491501511521531541551622022526521152 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 23407
Like Tree9175Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Latest news on the EMS side is...results in Sept. fast tracked for academy in January. They sent an order out to all the stations advising all members of the CPAT information sessions. Traditionally EMS went through the same process as OC. They were given a new medical (which we have every year anyway), a new psych, a new background ect. I guess when they say fast tracked they mean that they will prob do away with that stuff because they are in such dire need of manpower. So maybe (I'm hoping) that it will just be physical and medical and and then lets go we need probies.
    This is all just rumors. I'm sure next week it will change but this is latest. As for that other thread, yes it is for EMT academy class. They are hiring EMTs like crazy in anticipation of losing a couple hundred guys in one day.
    Remember no one is going in regardless if this judge and the vulcans don't like the results. So EMS promo or OC we are all still in this together. I may have more grey hairs than some of you now after 5 years of EMS but its still the same situation.

Forum Member

Jerkalert, you've been on EMS waiting for a promo for 5 years?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYorDIETRYIN View Post
    Jerkalert, you've been on EMS waiting for a promo for 5 years?

Unfortunately yes. I went into the academy in the fall after we took 6019. I remember when my old partner got the call for the Rock. He was in the last class. I hated him that day. He's been working L134 in the big house with 4 years OTJ already. I see him all the time at work. He could care less about lists, and promos and numbers now. We almost had a promo in 2008. We all registered and sent money orders in only to have them refunded a few weeks later due to the "budget crisis" with an anticipated new opening date of summer 2011. Ha! That seemed like the end of the world at the time, summer 2011 lol! Then the budget got better, the dept. was ready to hire and we all know what happens next.....here I am 5 years later along with hundreds of other guys just like me.

Best of luck to all. I hope they have a huge class of OC guys right after and you all kill it. But for now its all in the hands of some folks trying to improve society one hand out at a time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    Latest news on the EMS side is...results in Sept. fast tracked for academy in January. They sent an order out to all the stations advising all members of the CPAT information sessions. Traditionally EMS went through the same process as OC. They were given a new medical (which we have every year anyway), a new psych, a new background ect. I guess when they say fast tracked they mean that they will prob do away with that stuff because they are in such dire need of manpower. So maybe (I'm hoping) that it will just be physical and medical and and then lets go we need probies.
    This is all just rumors. I'm sure next week it will change but this is latest. As for that other thread, yes it is for EMT academy class. They are hiring EMTs like crazy in anticipation of losing a couple hundred guys in one day.
    Remember no one is going in regardless if this judge and the vulcans don't like the results. So EMS promo or OC we are all still in this together. I may have more grey hairs than some of you now after 5 years of EMS but its still the same situation.
    A friend of mine OTJ has been saying for weeks that first class of mostly promos was going to go in lightning fast. I wasn't really sure how they would go about speeding up the process but what you say makes sense.

Forum Member

Unfortunately yes. I went into the academy in the fall after we took 6019. I remember when my old partner got the call for the Rock. He was in the last class. I hated him that day. He's been working L134 in the big house with 4 years OTJ already. I see him all the time at work. He could care less about lists, and promos and numbers now. We almost had a promo in 2008. We all registered and sent money orders in only to have them refunded a few weeks later due to the "budget crisis" with an anticipated new opening date of summer 2011. Ha! That seemed like the end of the world at the time, summer 2011 lol! Then the budget got better, the dept. was ready to hire and we all know what happens next.....here I am 5 years later along with hundreds of other guys just like me.

Best of luck to all. I hope they have a huge class of OC guys right after and you all kill it. But for now its all in the hands of some folks trying to improve society one hand out at a time.
    I feel for ya man. I've been waiting since early 2007 as well but I have a cushy (boring) office job. You sir are putting in your time and I honestly hope you get in before me.

Forum Member

Damn brother, much respect to you. Your patience level is at a level I can't believe to fathom. Hopefully things workout, and you finally get your well deserved opportunity. I can't wait for the day when this fourm becomes people talking about when they're taking their physical, medical, psych etc. Btw I heard the promo exam amount wasn't that long, I think I remember seeing three hundred something?

Forum Member

Yea we'll see I guess. The list could possibly be only around 300 but I doubt it. The original filing order that got sent around to all stations was close to 900 but there were names on the OC and promo for some reason and then gotta figure some only filled for the hell of it and don't plan on making a competitive effort, some just won't pass physical and medical, and some just aren't eligible yet. So my partners on the truck and I were thinking the number is prob going to be around 500+ going into CPAT and medical. That 300 could be about right once those two tests are given but at this point in time I know the actual number filed is closer to 500.

BTW......rumor changed already.....promo class going in March....told ya! Lets see what tomorrow brings.
    My presumptive diagnosis on all this: NO ONE KNOWS ****

Forum Member

I know it was mentione on here that a number of people were wondering how many residents of NYC took the test. I think that there will be far less people receiving resident points than 6019 since the time period was so far in advance of the test date. Many people don't have the supporting documentation to receive those points. As in 6019 the required documents were for after the exam. And I know that some people did file for the points and will certainly be turned down

...with 4 years OTJ already. I see him all the time at work. He could care less about lists, and promos and numbers now...
    That's a damn shame.
    Everyone should be concerned.

Forum Member

I know its been pretty slow with news lately but this is a pretty awesome article concerning the recent Buffalo ruling and how it relates to us.

http://thechiefleader.com/opinion/bl...a4bcf6878.html

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I know its been pretty slow with news lately but this is a pretty awesome article concerning the recent Buffalo ruling and how it relates to us.

http://thechiefleader.com/opinion/bl...a4bcf6878.html
    Good post River, does anyone know when the appeal is actually going to be heard?

Forum Member

To whom it may concern,

I hereby object to U.S. District Judge Nicholas Garaufis’ proposed relief order to compensate black and Hispanic applicants who failed firefighter entry exams 7029 and 2043. Judge Garaufis claims that blacks and Hispanics were purposefully discriminated by the Fire Department of New York (FDNY), or the “bastion of white male privilege” as Judge Garaufis likes to call them. This is the same “bastion of white male privilege” that risks life and limb, day in and day out, to help any person in need, regardless or race, religion, gender, or financial status. Yet, Judge Garaufis is accusing the FDNY of creating written exams that are specifically designed to keep blacks and Hispanics out of its ranks. Judge Garaufis proposed that 293 blacks and Hispanics receive priority hiring because they were discriminated against. I would like to know how they were discriminated against? Were blacks and Hispanics given more difficult versions of exams 7029 and 2043? Was study information for these exams purposefully withheld from black and Hispanic applicants? The answer to these questions is no. So why did black and Hispanic applicants perform so much worse then white applicants? The Vulcan Society claims that blacks don’t receive the same education as whites, and therefore, a written exam with college level questions negatively impacts blacks. If this is true, then why aren’t white applicants who received the same level of education involved in this lawsuit as well? So shouldn’t this proposed relief order affect applicants who received an inadequate education, not applicants of specific races? The answers to these questions need to be answered before the City of New York is forced to hire 293 unqualified applicants by a Judge who bases his ruling on the results of an exam, not on facts that prove that the FDNY purposefully tried to negatively impact blacks and Hispanics. The proposed order that 293 black and Hispanic applicants who scored above a 25 receive priority hiring is ludicrous. The purpose of an exam is to determine how the applicants fair in relation to one another in terms of intelligence, in the case of the written exam, or physical fitness, in terms of the physical exam. These exams allow the FDNY to hire the best applicants to protect the citizens of New York City. For Judge Garaufis to force the FDNY to hire any applicant based on skin color instead of purely merit, is not only unfair, but is dangerous. Judge Garaufis is lowering the standard of the FDNY, and in doing so, is therefore endangering the lives of every citizen of New York City and every firefighter. Lastly, I would like to thank you for affording me the opportunity to write this objection letter, and would like to ask one more question. If it was your loved one trapped in a burning building, would you care if the firefighter who went in to save your loved one was of a certain racial profile, or would care if that firefighter possessed the skills necessary to accomplish the task at hand?

Sincerely,

Forum Member

The appeal has been heard. We would hear a decision in Sept/Oct.

Could there be life left in 6019? Tough to say, but probably not as the 4 years have lapsed and a new test has been administered. However, who know. Either way, the news that any portion of the ruling is on legally shakey ground is good news.

Forum Member

How many days left to send the letter? also where does on send it? I haven't had Internet service for a while and only my phone. I forgot the details? I did write it already.

Ask some interesting stuff on the merit matters site.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    The appeal has been heard. We would hear a decision in Sept/Oct.

Could there be life left in 6019? Tough to say, but probably not as the 4 years have lapsed and a new test has been administered. However, who know. Either way, the news that any portion of the ruling is on legally shakey ground is good news.
    We appreciate the update, thank you.

Where can we read about the ruling being on shaky grounds?

Forum Member

Bump on my post. How much longer for the letter and how do I go about sending it? My Internet service is out and am having trouble doing research?

Forum Member

Can anyone provide some insight on results for exam 2000. Non EMT? Thx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by beefsupreme View Post
    Can anyone provide some insight on results for exam 2000. Non EMT? Thx

Sure,, If your black or hispanic....Then you have a very good shot at making the dept...no matter how you score,,,If you did very well on the erxam it doesn not matter...UNLESS this judge gets thrown off the case.

If the appeal goes through then they will go in rank order,,,,,unless that happens the exam itself does not really matter at this point

good luck
    beefsupreme likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MerritMatters View Post
    We appreciate the update, thank you.

Where can we read about the ruling being on shaky grounds?
    These articles aren't so much about the ruling being on shaky ground as they are about Garaufis' corruption and cronyism. Still anything that shows his true character right around the time of the appeal ruling is great news.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion...m0A4g.facebook

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...ommentpostform

Forum Member

There is a link a few posts above the references an article in the Chief. It has some light legal analysis. Read it, it's a good one.

Thread Information