Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 1161 FirstFirst ... 531031431501511521531541551561632032536531153 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 23210
Like Tree9088Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Bump on my post. How much longer for the letter and how do I go about sending it? My Internet service is out and am having trouble doing research?
    August 24th and on the original letter.

Forum Member

Reminder to everybody who is filing an objection with the U.S. District Court:

Make sure you fill out the objection form that is included in the Notice of Proposed Relief Order and Fairness Hearing that was sent to you. This must be filled out in addition to your objection letter. It can be printed and hand written or typed in PDF form.

And again, we only have until Friday August 24th for the objections to be received by should you want them to count!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I know its been pretty slow with news lately but this is a pretty awesome article concerning the recent Buffalo ruling and how it relates to us.

http://thechiefleader.com/opinion/bl...a4bcf6878.html
    A glimmer of hope.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ladders 4 View Post
    Reminder to everybody who is filing an objection with the U.S. District Court:

Make sure you fill out the objection form that is included in the Notice of Proposed Relief Order and Fairness Hearing that was sent to you. This must be filled out in addition to your objection letter. It can be printed and hand written or typed in PDF form.

And again, we only have until Friday August 24th for the objections to be received by should you want them to count!
    Wait what? can you dumb this down for me please?

Forum Member

http://www.justice.gov/crt/spec_topics/fdny/

Go there and print out the objection form (under important update) - it needs to be mailed in with your letter.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravendmb1 View Post
    http://www.justice.gov/crt/spec_topics/fdny/

Go there and print out the objection form (under important update) - it needs to be mailed in with your letter.
    Just another consideration, send your letter in certified mail so that you have proof it was sent it.

Bureaucracy's can be tough and if they "loose" your stuff, you can come back and have a leg to stand on

Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiFgtO2xod4
    21 seconds of pure goodness
    FDNYorDIETRYIN likes this.

Forum Member

got my internet service back so I think I figured it out.

Forum Member

anyone looking to rent a room on a quiet dead end street in bayridge pm me

Forum Member

Okay everyone,

As most of you are aware we are left with only 2 full days to get your protest letters in, and yes as long as they are postmarked for the 24th, they will be included. Now if you haven't written one, we suggest you do so. Why? Your chance at the greatest job in the world is at stake and most importantly, so too are the ethics, merit, and safety of the job you want. If you don't know what you want to say or how to say it, on both the firehouse forums and Merit Matters, numerous people have posted what they are thinking.
    What are some good ideas for the letter?

25% and over are entitled to compensation, why stop there?
    Blacks but not Hispanics are entitled to monetery rewards.
    Distruction of true competitive promotion.
    Priority hire means quota.
    and...
    A training issue regarding the atmosphere and culture between those given and those that worked for the position.

What not to write?
    Well seeing this letters will be included in the appeal (and as such you as evidence in a court of law possibly as high as the supreme court) we ask that in order for your letter as well as this movement to be taken seriously, we ask you to refrain from...

Racism
    Sarcasim
    Sexism
    and
    Angry or threatening posts that are directed at government, the judge, or any legal or social instiution caught up in this case.

With that in mind I hope you get to it, and remember to stick together as we stick this out.

Forum Member

Sorry, I've been out of the loop..is it my impression that if this goes well our test scores will be out soon?

Forum Member

Default Ny post fire-hire list stall (promo)

Fire-hire list stall

By LAUREL BABCOCK, DAVID SEIFMAN

Last Updated: 1:54 AM, August 23, 2012

Posted: 1:54 AM, August 23, 2012

The city agreed yesterday to delay publishing a list of about 1,000 paramedics and EMTs who passed a newly designed firefighter exam until after a federal judge signs off on the test.

Facing a shortage of about 620 firefighters and a soaring overtime tab as a result, the city had planned to publish the list today.

The paramedics all took a firefighter exam similar to a separate entrance exam given to 40,000 ordinary candidates in May.

The city has been under court order to boost hiring, training and promotion of minorities in the 11,200-person department — which is 91 percent white — since Brooklyn federal Judge Nicholas Garaufis last year found a “pattern and practice of discrimination against black firefighter candidates.”

The federal Justice Department objected to the results being formally posted until Garaufis rules on whether the tests can be used.

The ruling is expected next month.

Meanwhile, the Fire Department can still individually notify candidates to help them prepare for additional vetting.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/f...#ixzz24MYZRuMN

Forum Member

Default Info from recent court documents.

According to the city's document informing the court of the intention to hire from list #2500, the city "anticipates that approximately 300 promotional candidates from this list will be appointed in January of 2013 and complete their training in May 2013. The city anticipates that it will appoint another class of 300 firefighters in the summer of 2013."

They also replied to concerns of disadvantages to priority hires and state, "In light of the fact that the City anticipates hiring 600 firefighters a year for the next two years at least, there will be ample opportunity to accommodate 293 priority hires once they are identified.

It should be noted that the Vulcan's have even asked Garaufis to expedite the process of approving the exam so that hiring may commence as soon as possible.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    anyone looking to rent a room on a quiet dead end street in bayridge pm me

Forum Member

Would you guys rather have the list out now, with minority priority hiring, or have the list out in 6 more months or longer without minority hiring?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Would you guys rather have the list out now, with minority priority hiring, or have the list out in 6 more months or longer without minority hiring?
    What kind of a question is that?

The decision on the appeal should be out soon, well before any priority hiring.
    My1Goal likes this.

Forum Member

Thanks for passing that info along GIMMEFIRE. 600 FFs for at least two years is some pretty good news.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    I'd rather never be hired than see the FDNY have to hire 300 people who didn't earn their way in. It sets a precedent and will destroy the best department in the world within years.

Forum Member

Thanks for posting, GIMMIEFIRE. I think the most relevant bit of information from that article is the writer's assertion that "the ruling is expected next month." I don't know where they got that info, but if its good then at least we'll know something concrete before too long...

Forum Member

I thought it was interesting that even the Vulcans have asked the judge to expedite the process of approving the exam.

BTW sent my objection letter yesterday.

Thread Information