Like Tree10637Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

looks like the judges nephew made the best out of his second chance and scored a 101 to get in the early 1800s on the list.... .

Forum Member

Account finally got activated bn following since results were posted list # 107x very excited hope with a little luck can make the first class of OC

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyy615 View Post
    Does anyone know if I can somehow see my test and an answer key? Just curious.
    The review sessions were about 5-6 months ago. There is no longer an opportunity to see that information, sorry.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by snoozer1989 View Post
    Does anyone have the figures on how many FF's are eligible to retire over the life of this list? I know the attrition rate is (on average) 40-50 per month, but how many guys have been sticking around in order to accumulate over time? I hope I'm not getting too far ahead of myself, just curious about the numbers for a reference.
    Not only that, but consider guys that have been FFs for years and want to get promoted. Perhaps someone OTJ can confirm this, but I would think there have been few promotions recently due to the lack of probies to replace them. Promotions means vacancies at the FF level and more spots for us (at least I hope so).

Forum Member

as a vet , other than an honorable dd214 what does an investigator need to see? a medical record?PDR?

Forum Member

Long time lurker, looking forward to starting this process.
    Score 104 list 3xx
    FDNYPD and Dannyvale like this.

Forum Member

grok, open your P.M.s

Forum Member

Did they establish a list like this in the past, before the physical? How do you think they will choose who gets to take the physical? Will they allow the whole 8500 to take it right away or will they do it only a class worth at a time.

Forum Member

I was wondering th same thing.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    grok, open your P.M.s
    They're open now

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by frankp88 View Post
    Account finally got activated bn following since results were posted list # 107x very excited hope with a little luck can make the first class of OC
    Congrats hope to see you there

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Did they establish a list like this in the past, before the physical? How do you think they will choose who gets to take the physical? Will they allow the whole 8500 to take it right away or will they do it only a class worth at a time.

they did this with 6019. They'll start to process people as they have a shot of making an academy class.

Forum Member

Scored a 102, list number 1xxx. I don't know if i'll leave the NYPD, tough decision.

Did we figure out how they grouped the scores? There are several hundred people ahead of me with the same score, was that done via lottery?

Forum Member

I've also been following this thread closely for almost a year now and finally just decided to come out the wood works. I scored a 101.. which was disappointing because it meant I had a raw score of only 91. I thought I would have gotten at least a 95. The extra points were a big deal breaker for many.

I have a close friend who was really really enthusiastic about getting on the job. I saw him the night before the list came out and explained to him that anybody who scores lower than a 97 has no chance. When the list came out the next day I actually searched for his name first instead of mine. He got a 93, about 17,000 spots away from number 1.... my heart sank as I knew right then and there he had no chance. I then searched my name... It was a bittersweet moment.

I'm glad im on the boat but the journey just begins now... CPAT, medical, psychological, background investigation (not necessarily in that order), then academy. If all goes well I should be in the 2nd of 3rd class, if not I'll be here again in another 4-5 years taking my last shot at the test.
    Dannyvale likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    What's the deal with first 8500? Is that all they will call? What u guys think historically speaking? I thought pretty much 97 and up, or at least up to list 9000 from what I heard from other guys on the job.... Any one hear differently?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IronFireE5 View Post
    I've also been following this thread closely for almost a year now and finally just decided to come out the wood works. I scored a 101.. which was disappointing because it meant I had a raw score of only 91. I thought I would have gotten at least a 95. The extra points were a big deal breaker for many.

I have a close friend who was really really enthusiastic about getting on the job. I saw him the night before the list came out and explained to him that anybody who scores lower than a 97 has no chance. When the list came out the next day I actually searched for his name first instead of mine. He got a 93, about 17,000 spots away from number 1.... my heart sank as I knew right then and there he had no chance. I then searched my name... It was a bittersweet moment.

I'm glad im on the boat but the journey just begins now... CPAT, medical, psychological, background investigation (not necessarily in that order), then academy. If all goes well I should be in the 2nd of 3rd class, if not I'll be here again in another 4-5 years taking my last shot at the test.
    What list number range are you in bro?

Forum Member

``````````````````````````````
    Last edited by Geschaefer; 01-03-2014 at 09:11 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    What list number range are you in bro?
    17XX

Quote Originally Posted by Geschaefer View Post
    The headcount number will greatly increase once new hiring begins.
    There are lots of current Fire Fighters who will retire once all this OT goes away for them. - So dont let the preliminary numbers get you upset.

Additionally; I hate to beat an old drum; but I truly think that those who were to be hired under 6019, and who were actually offered employment have a real shot at taking legal action against the City.
    The lawyer who I was dealing with during that time gave up on it. - He didnt want to fight the City.
    Ive read many case law's on "rescinding hiring offers" since this all began; and it seems that in trial the case generally favors the person who had the offer rescinded.
    I do believe that the City has some obligation to at least consider those 6019'ers who were to be hired.
    Like I said - the guy I was seeing about this wants nothing to do with it; but perhaps someone here knows a lawyer / firm that may be interested in this pursuit.
    I think we might know each other.... you actually told me about this job several years ago when I had no clue about it. Anyway...

I could understand if you bombed this test but why even open this can of worms if youre in the clear anyway?

Forum Member

Duplicate post - sorry
    Last edited by Geschaefer; 10-07-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IronFireE5 View Post
    17XX

I think we might know each other.... you actually told me about this job several years ago when I had no clue about it. Anyway...

I could understand if you bombed this test but why even open this can of worms if youre in the clear anyway?
    17xx here too bro. Guess we have a good chance at getting screamed at together haha.

Forum Member

```````````````````````````````````````````
    Last edited by Geschaefer; 01-03-2014 at 09:10 PM.

Forum Member

if they haven't already they should ask the lawyers who worked with merit matters to recommend a lawyer or a tell them if they have a good case, since they are so familiar with the details. I would guess this has all already happened thou.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 10-07-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Forum Member

Do you think the FDNY would be flexible in terms of documents needed for the residency points?

Forum Member

Yes, they have to be. Especially for the young guys who had no bill under their names.

Forum Member

they say those people just need a NYC high school diploma.

I actually have never lived any where else, might just be able to find the three documents needed. I don't keep much in my name.

Thread Information