Like Tree11285Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Can someone school me on how to search for somebody's name on the list without scrolling through the vastness of it? I am searching for someone I used to know. Something to do with F3 or adobe reader or some sh1t? I am on a mac if it makes a difference. Thanks...
    I have a mac. Scroll to the bottom and a menu bar should appear, click the second to last icon and it opens up in a new window with a search bar. If you don't see the menu bar, try a few times.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    competitive physical would have been a good idea. Its too late for this exam, isn't it?
    SO because you have a list number that is on the brink, now the FDNY should have a competitive physical? Seriously?

Forum Member

Thanks fellas...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    SO because you have a list number that is on the brink, now the FDNY should have a competitive physical? Seriously?
    No I am saying Cassidy's argument makes sense. You seem to purposely mis****rue comments. The whole fire Dept including merit matters wanted a competitive physical. I am wiling to wait my turn no matter what. It doesn't really matter at this points. I am not a flip floppper.
    You asked what we thought of the article. I'm Saying it makes sense. what was your point in asking the question?
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 10-08-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Forum Member

Lol funny stuff

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Lol funny stuff
    I didn't say that, try and think for yourself.

Forum Member

Yes the pay drops but the time transfers over... it all depends on how bad u wanna be A FF

Forum Member

No I am saying Cassidy's argument makes sense. The reason I referred to my score, is you said mentioned "people who did well". You seems to purposely mis****rue comments. The whole fire Dept including merit matters wanted a competitive physical.
    Since when is Merit Matters the whole FDNY? Even before the FDNY got sued in 07, the FDNY, not Merit Matters, had already decided on the CPAT. This is nothing new! The NOE for this exam has been out for almost a year and a half and now people want to argue about a competitive physical? Where were Cassidy and Mannix, the day the NOE for 2000 came out, renouncing the CPAT?

IMO a graded physical would have been great, it would weed even more people out, but that's not the case. Hindsight is always 20/20. Especially after you find out your list number.
    Last edited by GIMMEFIRE600; 10-08-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Forum Member

was your initial question bait for an argument? I am not looking for one.
    The overwhelming majority of the fire fighters in the Fire dept got on with a competitive physical, they value that part of the test, argue with all of them if you disagree.

Forum Member

was your initial question bait for an argument? I am not looking for one.
    The overwhelming majority of the fire fighters in the Fire dept got on with a competitive physical, they value that part of the test, argue with all of them if you disagree.
    No my original question was, as I asked, for people who did well. I already knew what anybody's opinion would be if you didn't do well because Cassidy isn't talking about you in his op-ed

Go check the FDNY rant, you've got fdnytolife, already saying he agrees the test should be given every two years!?!? HHHMMMMM? I wonder why he said that???

As I said a graded physical would have been great but thats not what we were given. We must deal with it as candidates and the FDNY must deal with it because it was their decision.

Forum Member

every two years....that one literally made me laugh out loud.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

How could you already know what peoples opinion would be if they didn't do well?
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 10-08-2012 at 03:44 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Yeah that one had me scratching my head for awhile.

Forum Member

How could you already know what peoples opinion would be if they didn't do well?
    Your comment advocating a competitive physical and fdnytolife's comment in favor of giving the test every two years isn't enough proof?

Or did you really want to know how I knew what your opinion would be?
    I took psychology in college... LOL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Yeah that one had me scratching my head for awhile.
    Maybe it should be every 2 weeks, until you like your list #. Then that list can be used for 20 years. If we're discussing how guys on the job feel about our process:

What's the difference between a watered down physical and someone doing poorly, or not as well as they'd have liked on what guys OTJ consider a watered down written?

It's a little rough reading comment after comment on here hoping other people fail out of the process. I understand if you're on this forum you want this job bad, but when you start wishing someone elses dream falls through, it just doesn't sound right.

Forum Member

Why is that crazy? the NYPD exam is literally given there exam for anyone to take every single month out of the year! Instead of going down 15-20% of list every 4-5 years go down 5-10% of the list every 2 years. More applicants will be able to the take the test thus, statistically speaking,the "crème de la crème" will have a chance at getting in.

Also GIMMEFIRE600

I think a competitive physical would have been awesome. We have then in the military and it actual helps to separate the guys who take their careers seriously from the ones that don't. The squared-away guys actual put in the time to stay in shape. Also, you do need men with above average strength and endurance levels to do this job so it would be a very applicable addition to the exam.

Forum Member

You know what seems wrong to me. The fact that if your in the national guard and haven't deployed, you can't claim vet preference. Plenty of guys sacrifice a lot even in the National Guard and to deny them the credit because their number hasn't been called yet is total horse sh$&. We are all vets reguardless of we've gone to war or not. We have all passed the tests and showed that we have what it takes.

Forum Member

Your comment advocating a competitive physical and fdnytolife's comment in favor of giving the test every two years isn't enough proof?

Or did you really want to know how I knew what your opinion would be?
    I took psychology in college... LOL
    I was pointing out that you are making assumptions. Not every one flip flops. I did not, so please don't put words in my mouth.

Forum Member

Maybe it should be every 2 weeks, until you like your list #. Then that list can be used for 20 years. If we're discussing how guys on the job feel about our process:

What's the difference between a watered down physical and someone doing poorly, or not as well as they'd have liked on what guys OTJ consider a watered down written?

It's a little rough reading comment after comment on here hoping other people fail out of the process. I understand if you're on this forum you want this job bad, but when you start wishing someone elses dream falls through, it just doesn't sound right.
    I agree - I feel for the guys who didn't do well on the exam, especially those that did well on 6019. Unfortunately we were all given the same test and knew the CPAT was the one being given for the physical portion of the hiring process. I think everyone should stop bickering about this exam at this point, and start rallying around the fact that there is still a chance of 293 priority hires still laying in limbo here.

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

First off, don't involve me in this bs Convo. The only reason I said that in rant was because it would be really nice to let some of the 6019ers try again. I'm sure they would agree too or if not At the least extend the age limit. Now don't get cocky with your score/list number, there are many unknowns in this whole process and then again the academy ALWAYS keep that in mind buddy. Just because you took psychology in college donesnt Make you any better than anyone on this list. If your so good at being a psyc then go become one. Plus they make more money.
    Dannyvale likes this.
    I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IronFireE5 View Post
    Why is that crazy? the NYPD exam is literally given there exam for anyone to take every single month out of the year! Instead of going down 15-20% of list every 4-5 years go down 5-10% of the list every 2 years. More applicants will be able to the take the test thus, statistically speaking,the "crème de la crème" will have a chance at getting in.

Also GIMMEFIRE600

I think a competitive physical would have been awesome. We have then in the military and it actual helps to separate the guys who take their careers seriously from the ones that don't. The squared-away guys actual put in the time to stay in shape. Also, you do need men with above average strength and endurance levels to do this job so it would be a very applicable addition to the exam.
    You can't compare an agency that hires thousands at a time and just built another academy to fit their needs to an agency that hires 600 a year.

Also I said graded physical would be great but you can only play with the cards you're dealt.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I agree - I feel for the guys who didn't do well on the exam, especially those that did well on 6019. Unfortunately we were all given the same test and knew the CPAT was the one being given for the physical portion of the hiring process. I think everyone should stop bickering about this exam at this point, and start rallying around the fact that there is still a chance of 293 priority hires still laying in limbo here.

to see some of the guys who did well on 6019, do so poorly on this one was rough. They got such a raw deal, and they're handling it a lot better than I would. It leaves you with a really bad feeling. I think we can all relate to how you'd feel if you found out the dream was over.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IronFireE5 View Post
    Why is that crazy? the NYPD exam is literally given there exam for anyone to take every single month out of the year! Instead of going down 15-20% of list every 4-5 years go down 5-10% of the list every 2 years. More applicants will be able to the take the test thus, statistically speaking,the "crème de la crème" will have a chance at getting in..
    It's crazy because when someone suggests the dept changes their ways with an ulterior motive, what else can you do but laugh?
    GIMMEFIRE600 likes this.

Forum Member

That's cool... how many years you'll have on when they call you, I'll probably have around 7 but I thinks its worth it

Forum Member

Did I log into the firehouse forums or "The View" forums for F's sake?

Thread Information