Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 581081481551561571581591601611682082586581158 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 23439
Like Tree9180Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

^^

It's a good idea to avoid posts like this. A LOT of people besides candidates view this thread.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I am 5'7 how much can I weigh? I guess I am gonna have to call recruitment and see if they know.
    Yeah I would call the office for an exact #, but don't stress over it. As long as you're running, there's no point in worrying about it now as your conditioning is the #1 priority. When you do your medical, they weigh you and will let you know whether or not you need to drop some lbs. If you do need to lose weight, the nurse tells you come back when you get down to their "suggested" weight. If I had to take a guess, i would say a 5 ft 7 guy would prob need to be in the 195-205 based on me 5 ft 10 and needed to be 216.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Yeah I would call the office for an exact #, but don't stress over it. As long as you're running, there's no point in worrying about it now as your conditioning is the #1 priority. When you do your medical, they weigh you and will let you know whether or not you need to drop some lbs. If you do need to lose weight, the nurse tells you come back when you get down to their "suggested" weight. If I had to take a guess, i would say a 5 ft 7 guy would prob need to be in the 195-205 based on me 5 ft 10 and needed to be 216.

isn't it something like 20% more than that very old chart for height: weight proportions?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    isn't it something like 20% more than that very old chart for height: weight proportions?
    Not sure man. I just remember that was the weight the nurse told me I had to be under to fully pass the medical.

Forum Member

all of you guys are saying the physical requires a 1.5 mile run and pushups, sit ups, pull ups.. correct me if im wrong but last i heard it was 5 minutes on a stairmaster while wearing a weighted vest and then a bunch of obstacle courses after that such as going through tight mazes, ladder raises, etc.. was a the cpat changed and i didnt hear about it?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYlistrider View Post
    all of you guys are saying the physical requires a 1.5 mile run and pushups, sit ups, pull ups.. correct me if im wrong but last i heard it was 5 minutes on a stairmaster while wearing a weighted vest and then a bunch of obstacle courses after that such as going through tight mazes, ladder raises, etc.. was a the cpat changed and i didnt hear about it?
    The CPAT hasn't changed.

The 1.5 mile run, pushups, etc. that they are talking about is the evaluation you have pass before actually beginning the Academy (after you passed the CPAT and passed the Medcal, Psych, etc.)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bellestoria View Post
    The CPAT hasn't changed.

The 1.5 mile run, pushups, etc. that they are talking about is the evaluation you have pass before actually beginning the Academy (after you passed the CPAT and passed the Medcal, Psych, etc.)
    ok gotcha thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    You guys got it all wrong... you have to run the 1.5 miles in under 12 min AND be a minority
    wow, it only took three posts from you to get the bigotry out! Take it elsewhere guy! No one wants to waste their time reading that stuff.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I dunno some one posted a chart on here like over a year ago and think it said something crazy like 170 for 5'7 and 165 for 5'6. I am hoping to keep a lot of my strength and also get into awesome cardio strength. I have been deadlifting often but have to work on my squat form so I can hit high reps. I also needs to do sets with the vest several times a week. I bet I have a lot more fat then I think I do.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    You guys got it all wrong... you have to run the 1.5 miles in under 12 min AND be a minority
    I've been on this thread a while now and am sick and tired of the bashing of said "minorities". People co-signing on others comments without regard to minorities like myself. Hard working literate African Americans. This one test isn't the end all. There will be more tests to come, should I or any other minority make it to the academy. Those who aren't qualified will be weeded out. Including Caucasians, Asians and all other ethnicity's. Do you believe the FDNY got to the status of having the best of the best, just rolling anyone into a firehouse? Is this lawsuit and process fair? I don't know. But it is what it is. Now everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, I hope this attitude that many seem to have towards minorities changes before you hop on a rig with me. Because I personally won't stand for it. You don't know me from any other guy/girl that made it through. **** I may have scored higher on the test than you. Lawsuit don't seem fair? guess what... So suck it up and show respect to the guy/girl next to you if your fortunate to make it. Whatever ethnicity he or she is. They may be the one saving ur neck one day.

Forum Member

Arrow

I hope to see you at the next merit matters meeting then. Other minorities speaking on your behalf are the ones who are saying you can't make it on your own, people here are(maybe) stupidly joking about it. The real enemy of minorities is the Vulcans, using you for their own legacy.
    River6019 likes this.

Forum Member

I dunno some one posted a chart on here like over a year ago and think it said something crazy like 170 for 5'7 and 165 for 5'6. I am hoping to keep a lot of my strength and also get into awesome cardio strength. I have been deadlifting often but have to work on my squat form so I can hit high reps. I also needs to do sets with the vest several times a week. I bet I have a lot more fat then I think I do.
    Ya, I think there's some sort of % they use off of that chart. So if according to the chart you should be 175lbs, they go a certain % x 175, then add that to the 175 and that is the weight you're allowed to be at. At least that's how I remember it being described on the 6019 thread.

Forum Member

I hope to see you at the next merit matters meeting then. Other minorities speaking on your behalf are the ones who are saying you can't make it on your own, people here are(maybe) stupidly joking about it. The real enemy of minorities is the Vulcans, using you for their own legacy.
    And if that gentleman was being serious, I hope he is weeded out of the process. As others have stated it is your own people the Vulcans, who have said repeatedly and often that without outside factors most blacks cannot make the job on their own merit insulting not just high quality candidates but high quality black candidates. Personally beefsupreme I hope to see you at a Merit Matters meeting or one of our own and if you need anything PM me as well. Best of Luck!

Forum Member

just out of curiosity how many people attached the name and info of an attorney on theyre objection letter? i used my brother who is an attorney and figured it cant hurt, just wondering if any of you guys did similiar with a friend or family member who is aware of our struggle and in the legal profession

Forum Member

Does any one remember how many questions were on the first part of the test? Assuming we are allowed to talk about that now.

Forum Member

Rough guess..maybe 30-50..There was probably 20-30 for the hydomometer or whatever it was called..and the couple extra easy math ones before the personality test.

Forum Member

So besides the psych questions, a good estimate is about 80questions? I was discussing it with some one already on and didn't remember myself.

Forum Member

no scores till after fairness hearing?

Forum Member

So besides the psych questions, a good estimate is about 80questions? I was discussing it with some one already on and didn't remember myself.
    Guys don't say a thing until we get our results and list numbers, trust me.

Forum Member

Default hey fellas

Just reporting what the daily news released today. Apparently the judge is going to hear 775 objections starting Oct 1. Suppose to last 4 days. Hopefully we get a better understanding of the situation at the conclusion of all this chaos

Thread Information