Like Tree9588Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYgrad2012 View Post
    Thx for the info..you think the same concept applies to residency credit? Not sure if education would factor in to that...trying to see how flexible they are with this..
    I've been driving myself crazy wondering the same thing. PM me if you wanna discuss it further

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    That's what I thought, didn't 6019 use CPAT but it was scored differently?
    We used it on 6019, but it was Pass/Fail as well. The '02 exam had each event individually timed and graded, which is what Cassidy was talking about yesterday in his Op Ed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Combat medic 92 View Post
    I've been driving myself crazy wondering the same thing. PM me if you wanna discuss it further
    I'm not sure why there is any confusion about this - the NOE was very, very clear about what paperwork would be used to qualify for residency credit. Go back and check it out.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    I'm not sure why there is any confusion about this - the NOE was very, very clear about what paperwork would be used to qualify for residency credit. Go back and check it out.
    Does a cable bill which includes the phone bill cover 2 items on the required document list?

Forum Member

And your knees !!!!

Forum Member

your PM is off COMBAT MEDIC 92...would like to chat...

Forum Member

wassup guys! 98 here just waiting it out. hope we all make it!

Forum Member

Hey guys list #21xx here. From what I hear I have a decent shot within the next two years (fingers crossed). Any idea when I should worry about CPAT specific stuff since I already workout/run regularly?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doubler33 View Post
    Does a cable bill which includes the phone bill cover 2 items on the required document list?
    I very much doubt that.

Forum Member

Great info - thanks! I run pretty regularly and at least once a week with my 40 lb. vest. My pace with the vest is usually about 10 min/mile, maybe a bit slower if I'm stringing 3 or 4 miles together. In your opinion, this isn't very helpful? Its harder for me to get to a stair master with my vest but that's what I have to do, that's what I'll do...

yea running with that weight can lead to injury try going to a building or school also i would advise speed walking with the vest we train to speed walk through the test you would be suprised how much time you can cut off by having a good speed walk down. what fails people second to the stairs is time they get to the last event and run out of time. and no problem !!
    current ff/emt
    FDNY 2000 list #72xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Good move - I actually made photocopies of alot of my stuff from back in '08. Just need to find all that crap.
    When you find them ... Please post them for us thanks
    grok350 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Hey guys list #21xx here. From what I hear I have a decent shot within the next two years (fingers crossed). Any idea when I should worry about CPAT specific stuff since I already workout/run regularly?
    I would start now. If you have never taken a CPAT, it's different. Need to get real familiar with the step mill.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyvale View Post
    When you find them ... Please post them for us thanks
    Haha - I will try digging tonight.
    Dannyvale likes this.

Forum Member

I'm going with bank statements, CC statements, and old W2 forms for proof of residency. If any of you have an AMEX card, and bank with Chase, it will be super easy to get the info. Both AMEX/Chase websites allowed me to select the time periods I needed. Chase I was able to download pdf's right there, AMEX will have them available for download within 24 hours.

If any of you can go this route I'd def suggest it (I'm sure other cc's/bank's can do the same but I can only speak for mine).

Edit: Myles, if you're lurking...I looked in to the DMV Driving Record. The website suggested not to order one unless you knew (A) the dates the FDNY wants the record from, and (B) if they require you order the record within 30 days of presenting it. According to the site some places will make you get a new record if the one you ordered is too old.
    Last edited by HopefulFF; 10-09-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    I would start now. If you have never taken a CPAT, it's different. Need to get real familiar with the step mill.
    The stepmill is such a boring and tedious thing. Do it with the vest if you can because you really don't get the full feeling in your legs without that extra weight on. I compare the feeling in your legs from that thing to doing the sled in football.
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.

Forum Member

thanks for the heads up hopeful...

as for the docs i will be using for my residency credits are
    1- 2 notorized lease statements from march 2010-march 2011,and march 2011 -march 2012
    2-my chase bank staTements for the necessary time period
    3- a letter from my accountant saying i was a full time student on the GI bill for tax year 2010
    4-a 1099 for some real estate sold in 2011
    5 a letter from the head of veterans affairs in the registrar office of my school stating that i was a full time student since summer 2010
    i think that should be enough stuff , iam in a family plan with my cell phone so cant provide that
    and as for utilitiies they are all outlined in my notorized lease agreements
    and didnt open a cc until 2011
    iam pretty much a college kid whose 29

i think this should be enough, what about you guys?
    Last edited by myles8683; 10-09-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Forum Member

I very much doubt that.
    But if the document clearly states cable bill then it states a phone bill, how would lets say having the optimum triple play not cover those too items.

Forum Member

I found that email from FDNY the other day and felt like I nearly won the lottery when I read my name in the top 100 candidates. Now if only I didn't have a few years of active duty in the Navy to finish

As far as weight vests go anyone have a brand they recommend?

Forum Member

pretty much my 3 items are my lease agreements, my tax info and bank statements
    dont see that not being enough.
    the other stuff from the school registrar is just supporting documents

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    pretty much my 3 items are my lease agreements, my tax info and bank statements
    dont see that not being enough.
    the other stuff from the school registrar is just supporting documents
    Should be good....if I remember correctly you just needed two things. Damn city should know where I lived, they towed my car from outside my apartment like 2 years ago lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desire4theJob View Post
    I found that email from FDNY the other day and felt like I nearly won the lottery when I read my name in the top 100 candidates. Now if only I didn't have a few years of active duty in the Navy to finish

As far as weight vests go anyone have a brand they recommend?
    weigthvest.com if you dont mind spending the money.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    weigthvest.com if you dont mind spending the money.
    Thanks kind sir.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    That is correct. A lot of people have no clue that it is from June 2010 to July 2011. Plus you will need 3 total documents for that whole year. Not like years past where you would change your bank statement to your lost cousin in queens and still get residency.
    so do you need to provide a year's worth of documents [bank statements, credit card, tax]?

or just 3 total documents?

Forum Member

What's up fellas .. Just curious ... I see a few ppl being worried about being called with numbers 5000 down .... But here I am being optimistic and positive that numbers up to 10,000 can be called . Not easily but a chance is there ... Am I missing something ?

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Default In case you missed it

Better late than never...the UFA FINALLY comes to embrace Merit Matters’ defense of merit and standards...

On Sunday, October 7th, 2012, the New York Post published an Op-Ed piece by Steven Cassidy (President of the UFA) defending higher standards for the FDNY.

In FACT, Mr. Cassidy acknowledged what Merit Matters has been claiming for years now – that the EXISTING standards for the FDNY (especially those of the veritable “opinion surveys” that were Exams #6019 and 2000) are woefully inadequate!

What does Merit Matters have to say about that?

"Well, THANK you Steven, better late than never."

For the past three years Merit Matters has been a lone voice in the wilderness, defending merit and standards and being derided as “racists” for our efforts, despite the fact that Merit Matters remains the MOST ethnically diverse group in the FDNY and our sole position has been defending merit and standards.

Now UFA President Cassidy belatedly appears to agree with us, “So the city is moving ahead to hire off the results of the latest firefighter exam, after federal Judge Nicholas Garaufis decided the test had been watered down enough to meet his demands to emphasize “diversity” over ability to do the job....the judge’s mandates should leave all New Yorkers worrying about whether the FDNY will continue to get the best. The latest firefighter exam may produce diversity, but it won’t guarantee that the best get hired. What will the FDNY look like in 10 years?”

EXACTLY!

That’s the primary...in fact, the ONLY issue, as we at Merit Matters have long noted.

Steve Cassidy correctly notes that, “For the first time in nearly half a century, there is no competitive physical exam to qualify for the job of New York City firefighter.

“There’s a test to check that candidates meet certain minimums, but being better able to meet the job’s serious physical demands won’t help you make the cut....If NFL stars like Victor Cruz and Darrelle Revis decided they wanted to be New York City firefighters and took this recent exam, they’d get no credit for their incredible athletic ability and thus likely would never be hired.”

Again, absolutely correct, as are Cassidy’s proposals for increasing both diversity and quality; “...recruit from the US military and from the ranks of student athletes at city high schools. And give the test more often — every two years, instead of every four. And make a competitive physical a significant part of the candidate-ranking system.”

We appreciate the UFA publicly endorsing the positions Merit Matters has endorsed from its inception. Diversity is a good thing, an important thing, but NOT at the expense of merit and standards and the existing standards are already far too low, with the FDNY’s written Entrance Exams calibrated to a 7th grade reading level.

Moreover, we at Merit Matters have long been concerned with “diversity” appearing to be a “one way street.”

None of New York City's agencies look anything like New York and there are at least 7 other New York City agencies that are even MORE ethnically imbalanced than is the FDNY (SEE: http://www.citylimits.org/multimedia...hnic-breakdown) and yet NONE of them have spent a dime in targeted recruitment, NONE of them have been sued to diversify their ranks!

Let’s all acknowledge that higher written and physical standards don’t “discriminate” against ANY ethnic group and that New Yorkers deserve a Fire Department comprised of ONLY the very best applicants, NOT a collection of the “minimally qualified.”

While high standards CAN’T be shown to discriminate against any specific ethnic group, low standards are designed to both overtly and deliberately discriminate against the highest caliber applicants from EVERY ethnic group, and that’s not right.

Here’s hoping that Steve Cassidy’s courageous stand will open the flood gates for others to come out and support merit and standards right alongside Merit Matters!

Please, come on in, everyone's welcome - the water’s fine!

JMK

See the full Steve Cassidy Op-Ed: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion...cels84BsBglMBI
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Thread Information