Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 162 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 621121521591601611621631641651722122626621162 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 24086
Like Tree9398Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I have like 15 PC, I am screwed. I'm bet all the difficult questions on the academic part of the test were thrown out. I guess the CPAT is my last chance to shine.
    Nothing to worry about just yet bro, out of those 15, 10 of them can be taken out from the protest review. Even with those 15 PC lets say each is worth half a credit you will lose 4.6 roughly. I don't know how well you did on the rest but let's say you lost 1 point for the rest. That still puts you over the 97 mark.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Nothing to worry about just yet bro, out of those 15, 10 of them can be taken out from the protest review. Even with those 15 PC lets say each is worth half a credit you will lose 4.6 roughly. I don't know how well you did on the rest but let's say you lost 1 point for the rest. That still puts you over the 97 mark.
    What in the world is a PC? and how do you know many you have? im so confused lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    What in the world is a PC? and how do you know many you have? im so confused lol
    From this question I know you didn't go to the protest review section lol. PC is partial credit for the personality questions. There were no wrong answers in that section, you either got PC or FC (full credit lol) so we are just assuming what Percent the PC of a question could be.
    vekdoggs75 and knicksh2o like this.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

It still makes me wonder how the video and reading will be scored. Any ideas anyone?
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

What do you guys think the list cut off number will be if they put in the 300 every 5 months for the duration of the list being valid? 3500-4000? higher maybe?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    What do you guys think the list cut off number will be if they put in the 300 every 5 months for the duration of the list being valid? 3500-4000? higher maybe?
    I say way more than that, if I'm not mistaken list numbers went up to high 4000's from the 2003 exam. And the demand wasn't nearly as much as it is now. That's just my opinion though.

Forum Member

I say way more than that, if I'm not mistaken list numbers went up to high 4000's from the 2003 exam. And the demand wasn't nearly as much as it is now. That's just my opinion though.
    That is great news..I just hope I did as well as I thought I did..But knowing my luck I'll be number 28,755 with a score of 74.14563

Forum Member

Guys, we covered this already. I mentioned it so did others, and so did the papers. They're projecting anybody who scored a 97 or better has a chance of getting a call. 97% = list #8500.

Forum Member

This is awesome news today! Hopefully we will find out pretty soon how we did. I have been anxious for a while to find out how I performed, and it is so hard to tell with the format of the test. All that I know is that I probably scored somewhere between 25%-100% haha.

I know my chances are slim with no bonus points, but I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed. I know similar questions have been asked earlier in the thread, so I am sorry for the repeat, but does anyone know how many of the people who took the test were eligible for residency credit? Thanks in advance, and best of luck to everyone!

Forum Member

Just got my fairness hearing request date in the mail.... Im supposed to speak Monday but Have to work so trying to see If I can go after...If not I will submit a written 2 minute speach.

In other news,,,,, The new results of #2000 are kind of comical to say the least....... The papers again try to spin it like it was a huge success with over 8% increase in minorities out of the 97 and higher group......Problem is when they count minorities they add in Asians Hispanics AND women as well to boost that number,,,something the vulcans do not represent.....If you take those out of the equatiuon its a paltry 2% increase in blacks.........a number that should be laughed at.

Again the judge and vulcans look like fools with the results.....But now judge dredd has to lay in his bed...knowing he full well F-----D many of our dreams for a social and political experiment that just did not work...

Karma is a Bitch and somewhere between now his last day it will come to bite em in the *****.....

Good Luck to everyone when the scores do come out.....If he indeed OK's it.

Forum Member

I had 4 wrong on the on the real section, With like two very legit protests. f
    For arguments sake lets say I had 4 wrong?,which is still very possible. I have residencyso that's 5%?
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 09-26-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I had 4 wrong on the on the real section, With like two very legit protests. f
    For arguments sake lets say I had 4 wrong?,which is still very possible. I have residencyso that's 5%?
    Residency is 5 points no matter what you scored. As for your score Depending where you got those 4 wrong.... if all of them were on the reading comprehension/math section the most points you would lose would be around 2.this is just an estimate based on the amount of questions in that section and what gimmefire said about the video section to the knowledge section being 70/30, with that said you should still be in the upper 90's. But again I'll say there might be a lot of questions taken out so this is not final.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info despite my typos. I am on my phone and it's almost as broken as my home Internet service.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    From basically skimming hundreds of pages, in my estimation, PSI handled the scoring with all of the input/data they received from firefighters, random testing they held on their own and a number of other factors. Seems like the personality stuff and the knowledge questions are split 50/50. For the knowledge/cognitive the video is weighted more than the other questions, 70/30. The scoring is more detailed than that but thats the gist of it.
    So you're saying that of the first four parts (video, math, and matching, and reading comp questions) Video questions are weighted at 70% and the others are at 30% (math, matching, and reading comp)

Also, do the personality questions get weighted at 30% too?

Forum Member

Hey guys, Just wanted to throw out some food for thought...I took the Philly Fire dept exam last year and it had similar results (800 or more people with a score of 100) I didn't do too well, but the city wanted to hire all vets so they called me in front of people with higher scores because the city apparently got funding from the fed. govt. to hire vets..

Don't know if they will do a similar situation here, perhaps banding..because banding seems to be a middle ground ( not hiring 3 minorities for every white) but it seems like Philly did the same thing by dumbing the test down to let people who wouldn't have a chance, a chance...and the personality test is subjective...so just because you answered how YOU are, or how you think they wanted you to answer..they can skew those results however they want to get the desired results..
    They don't need to do a similar situation here as they have the desired results with only a 2% increase amongst eligable blacks and also an increase amongst all other minorities including the Asians who were originally not considered a "minority".

Forum Member

They are probably estimating list #8500 since you had an easier test. It's only gonna make the academy look harder. I can see once they get into the OC classes that we may see a large number of people dropping out or getting kicked out for not making the grade.

Forum Member

A request to the fellas that get to speak: Please don't "soapbox" it. Get up, state your position and one or two reasons in one to two minutes. They want to see real people giving real speeches. Please don't use it as a reason to attack the system or the judge, it can only hurt our case.

Forum Member

Need help ASAP. Anybody have any idea as too the timeline as to when the obama DOJ got
    actively involved in this lawsuit? Need to know if it was before 2009? Looking for links too
    Thomas Perez and Loretta King who worked in the Civil Rights Division of the DOJ. And if possible
    post any links to official gov info. Maybe Chief Mannix could be of great help. Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BTown View Post
    Need help ASAP. Anybody have any idea as too the timeline as to when the obama DOJ got
    actively involved in this lawsuit? Need to know if it was before 2009? Looking for links too
    Thomas Perez and Loretta King who worked in the Civil Rights Division of the DOJ. And if possible
    post any links to official gov info. Maybe Chief Mannix could be of great help. Thanks
    Its was actually the Bush DOJ that brought this to the table. And it was well before 2009.
    TomFromQueens likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BTown View Post

There was no Obama DOJ prior to Jan 2009. What are you talking about?

Thread Information