Like Tree10460Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #4051
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    North New Jersey
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyvale View Post
    What's up fellas .. Just curious ... I see a few ppl being worried about being called with numbers 5000 down .... But here I am being optimistic and positive that numbers up to 10,000 can be called . Not easily but a chance is there ... Am I missing something ?
    Just do the math. If they state they plan on hiring 600 per year that is 300 per class. 6019's list got through 886 candidates to fill I believe 275 spots. So that's roughly 3.22 candidates for every 1 candidate hired. So 2400*3.22 = 7732 candidates investigated. The first class will consist of the 800 or so EMS promo candidates. So that narrows it down from 7732 to 6932. Now add in the 293 candidates from the 1999 & 2002 exams and that becomes 6639 candidates eligible from the OPEN COMPETITIVE LIST #2000. This is all based on the 1:3 speculation. If anyone cares to correct any of my math go ahead. The ratio may be larger, for example 1:4. A lot of candidates may not want the job, may not pass CPAT, may not be able to make a portion of testing, fail background, fail drug testing/medical. Who knows. Just be prepared to take that persons spot. Keep your nose clean, run, & stay updated with that the hell is going on. It may work to your advantage.
    Dannyvale likes this.

  2. #4052
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Hey guys. Stayed away from this forum for awhile until scores came out. Trying to get some more information from other people who may know more about the hiring process.

    Not getting my hopes up for anything, but speaking for myself. I scored a 95 on the exam, and that was without any extra points from residency or veteran experience. I'm sitting somewhere in the 12xxx with that score.

    I know there's stuff going on with the Judge and all of that, but just trying to put all of that aside. No use arguing over that. Whatever is going to happen, will happen.

    Even though that's a great exam score, what are the chances of things reaching out to that list number range?

  3. #4053
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snoozer1989 View Post
    Just do the math. If they state they plan on hiring 600 per year that is 300 per class. 6019's list got through 886 candidates to fill I believe 275 spots. So that's roughly 3.22 candidates for every 1 candidate hired. So 2400*3.22 = 7732 candidates investigated. The first class will consist of the 800 or so EMS promo candidates. So that narrows it down from 7732 to 6932. Now add in the 293 candidates from the 1999 & 2002 exams and that becomes 6639 candidates eligible from the OPEN COMPETITIVE LIST #2000. This is all based on the 1:3 speculation. If anyone cares to correct any of my math go ahead. The ratio may be larger, for example 1:4. A lot of candidates may not want the job, may not pass CPAT, may not be able to make a portion of testing, fail background, fail drug testing/medical. Who knows. Just be prepared to take that persons spot. Keep your nose clean, run, & stay updated with that the hell is going on. It may work to your advantage.
    the only problem I see with using 6019's first class as an example is, some of the candidates that did not make it in, might have just been late with paperwork or serving in the military at the time. I hope they make it high thou.

  4. #4054
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by truckieboy4953 View Post
    Hey guys. Stayed away from this forum for awhile until scores came out. Trying to get some more information from other people who may know more about the hiring process.

    Not getting my hopes up for anything, but speaking for myself. I scored a 95 on the exam, and that was without any extra points from residency or veteran experience. I'm sitting somewhere in the 12xxx with that score.

    I know there's stuff going on with the Judge and all of that, but just trying to put all of that aside. No use arguing over that. Whatever is going to happen, will happen.

    Even though that's a great exam score, what are the chances of things reaching out to that list number range?

    Not trying to be a dick but you have little to no chance. Just to put things in perspective... there's about 13,000 guys ahead of you and they are hiring 600 people PER YEAR until the next exam.

  5. #4055
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronFireE5 View Post
    Not trying to be a dick but you have little to no chance. Just to put things in perspective... there's about 13,000 guys ahead of you and they are hiring 600 people PER YEAR until the next exam.
    Trying not to be a dick here but you have no right to tell him there's no chance. Maybe a slim one, but still a chance. You can't see the future anymore than the rest of us. There could be a 1:10 ratio like PD. In that case, he has a good shot. So be more constructive and tell him to have a back up plan, brother.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

  6. #4056
    Forum Member
    FdnytolifeE293's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Fdnypd, you are right about that but i have to disagree on a 1:10 ratio. Look at the list, there's way to many vets on it who are very eager to get on. Now I know that doesn't mean sh1t but keep in mind that these guys are built tough and their training goes way beyond cpat and a 1.5 mile run in less than 13 mins. Plus the damn threat of the 293 priority hires, which bothers me more than anything. Joeybatts, let's start organizing and start doing something about this before it's too late.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

    I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

  7. #4057
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snoozer1989 View Post
    Just do the math. If they state they plan on hiring 600 per year that is 300 per class. 6019's list got through 886 candidates to fill I believe 275 spots. So that's roughly 3.22 candidates for every 1 candidate hired. So 2400*3.22 = 7732 candidates investigated. The first class will consist of the 800 or so EMS promo candidates. So that narrows it down from 7732 to 6932. Now add in the 293 candidates from the 1999 & 2002 exams and that becomes 6639 candidates eligible from the OPEN COMPETITIVE LIST #2000. This is all based on the 1:3 speculation. If anyone cares to correct any of my math go ahead. The ratio may be larger, for example 1:4. A lot of candidates may not want the job, may not pass CPAT, may not be able to make a portion of testing, fail background, fail drug testing/medical. Who knows. Just be prepared to take that persons spot. Keep your nose clean, run, & stay updated with that the hell is going on. It may work to your advantage.

    Your math is about Right... Thanks for the reply also.... My math ratio is higher I'm hoping 1:4 1:5 sounds unreal but anything can happens .... Just remember a lot of people
    Got pushed in by the media to take the test ...a lot of people those people don't care to be a FF... Plus everything else you said ... What you think

  8. #4058
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pdtofd2000 View Post
    That's cool... how many years you'll have on when they call you, I'll probably have around 7 but I thinks its worth it
    Turn your private messages on.

    When you got hired with the NYPD you were placed into the 20 year (tier 2) pension plan. When you transfer over to FDNY will you be put in the 20 year (tier 2 ) FDNY pension or will you be put into the new tier 6 (as of april 2012) with the 22.5 year retirement plan?

  9. #4059
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    191

    Default

    So, these are the documents I was told to bring with me when called in for investigation after 6019. Things may have (probably did) change since then, but this list might still be of some use.

    1. Fingerprint fee $75
    2. If ever arrested for a crime or received a summons other than a moving violation, bring: a) a complete notarized statement “explaining” the incident, and b) an original disposition from the court involved.
    3. Residency proof
    4. W2’s and social security detailed earnings statement for the past five years, plus a recent pay stub
    5. Proof of self employment
    6. Proof of unemployment
    7. High school diploma, or GED with scores
    8. Post-high school requirements (college transcript, 6 months full time employment, or active military with honorable discharge)
    9. Copy of Dept of Health birth certificate
    10. Record of any legal change of name
    11. Valid NYS drivers license
    12. Copy of Social Security card
    13. Marriage certificate, divorce or separation papers
    14. All correspondence regarding workman’s compensation claims
    15. Original discharge or separation papers from the military (DD-214) and/or veterans disability claims, and any disciplinary action paperwork you received
    16. Selective Service Registration record (www.sss.gov). If active Reservist, unit name and address
    17. BP-51 and DP-2488 questionnaire signed and notarized (these are FDNY forms, you’ll get them with your packages)
    18. 2x2 inch photo in business attire
    19. Signed education and employment consent forms (you’ll get these forms from FDNY, also).
    HopefulFF and IronFireE5 like this.

  10. #4060
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    Thats a lot of stuff. Would they find out about a summons from another state?

  11. #4061
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snoozer1989 View Post
    Just do the math. If they state they plan on hiring 600 per year that is 300 per class. 6019's list got through 886 candidates to fill I believe 275 spots. So that's roughly 3.22 candidates for every 1 candidate hired. So 2400*3.22 = 7732 candidates investigated. The first class will consist of the 800 or so EMS promo candidates. So that narrows it down from 7732 to 6932. Now add in the 293 candidates from the 1999 & 2002 exams and that becomes 6639 candidates eligible from the OPEN COMPETITIVE LIST #2000. This is all based on the 1:3 speculation. If anyone cares to correct any of my math go ahead. The ratio may be larger, for example 1:4. A lot of candidates may not want the job, may not pass CPAT, may not be able to make a portion of testing, fail background, fail drug testing/medical. Who knows. Just be prepared to take that persons spot. Keep your nose clean, run, & stay updated with that the hell is going on. It may work to your advantage.
    I do not understand here. Does those EMS promo candidates count towards the 600 per year they will hire? If so, the first 1000 of the estimated 2400 candidates hired would go to EMS promo candidates & 1999 & 2002 lawsuit candidates?

  12. #4062
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Thats a lot of stuff. Would they find out about a summons from another state?
    I think you are playing with fire if you do not disclose it. If it is only a summons, it is likely not a big deal - but lying to your investigator IS a big deal. Don't go that route.
    FdnytolifeE293 likes this.

  13. #4063
    Forum Member
    FdnytolifeE293's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirEd View Post
    I do not understand here. Does those EMS promo candidates count towards the 600 per year they will hire? If so, the first 1000 of the estimated 2400 candidates hired would go to EMS promo candidates & 1999 & 2002 lawsuit candidates?
    The press release states that in addition to the promo list, they are going to basically contact 8548 candidates from the open comp list. The real threat once again, priority hiring.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

    I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

  14. #4064
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    89

    Default

    I have been reading alot of posts. I see people with list numbers of 8XX and 1XXX, worried about being called. Are they just being rediculous? Why would somebody with a list number of 8XX be worried about being called.

    I am in the mid 2000's and I feel confident I will be called. What is going on here with people with very low list numbers below 2000 being worried about being called?
    Dannyvale likes this.

  15. #4065
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    The press release states that in addition to the promo list, they are going to basically contact 8548 candidates from the open comp list. The real threat once again, priority hiring.
    So here I am thinking at work ... How exactly does the hiring works ... They hire based on needs so let's say they want a class of 300 ... They grab 300 people from the list or they go through the list until the class of 300 Is fulfilled ????? Also how many classes per year ?

  16. #4066
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirEd View Post
    I have been reading alot of posts. I see people with list numbers of 8XX and 1XXX, worried about being called. Are they just being rediculous? Why would somebody with a list number of 8XX be worried about being called.

    I am in the mid 2000's and I feel confident I will be called. What is going on here with people with very low list numbers below 2000 being worried about being called?
    **** I'm in the mid 13k not as confident but optimistic .... I'm just going to lay back and watch how everything turns out , hopefully it goes as I have thought in my head... Keep training and see

  17. #4067
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Far Rockaway
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Does anyone know the exact weight of the vest that is used in the CPAT? I figured it's a wise choice to purchase one and start walking bleachers.

  18. #4068
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snoozer1989 View Post
    Just do the math. If they state they plan on hiring 600 per year that is 300 per class. 6019's list got through 886 candidates to fill I believe 275 spots. So that's roughly 3.22 candidates for every 1 candidate hired. So 2400*3.22 = 7732 candidates investigated. The first class will consist of the 800 or so EMS promo candidates. So that narrows it down from 7732 to 6932. Now add in the 293 candidates from the 1999 & 2002 exams and that becomes 6639 candidates eligible from the OPEN COMPETITIVE LIST #2000. This is all based on the 1:3 speculation. If anyone cares to correct any of my math go ahead. The ratio may be larger, for example 1:4. A lot of candidates may not want the job, may not pass CPAT, may not be able to make a portion of testing, fail background, fail drug testing/medical. Who knows. Just be prepared to take that persons spot. Keep your nose clean, run, & stay updated with that the hell is going on. It may work to your advantage.
    Most member's calculations are also assuming two academies per year remaining a constant, another rarity. Academies depend too heavily on budget constraints. At this point, high numbers should not count the FDNY as an egg in their basket until they are sweatin' to DI's yells on tape.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

  19. #4069
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Currently IL
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNY2000 View Post
    Does anyone know the exact weight of the vest that is used in the CPAT? I figured it's a wise choice to purchase one and start walking bleachers.
    It's 75 lbs for the step mill portion then 50 lbs for the remainder of the CPAT.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

    "But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

  20. #4070
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    So, these are the documents I was told to bring with me when called in for investigation after 6019. Things may have (probably did) change since then, but this list might still be of some use.

    1. Fingerprint fee $75
    2. If ever arrested for a crime or received a summons other than a moving violation, bring: a) a complete notarized statement “explaining” the incident, and b) an original disposition from the court involved.
    3. Residency proof
    4. W2’s and social security detailed earnings statement for the past five years, plus a recent pay stub
    5. Proof of self employment
    6. Proof of unemployment
    7. High school diploma, or GED with scores
    8. Post-high school requirements (college transcript, 6 months full time employment, or active military with honorable discharge)
    9. Copy of Dept of Health birth certificate
    10. Record of any legal change of name
    11. Valid NYS drivers license
    12. Copy of Social Security card
    13. Marriage certificate, divorce or separation papers
    14. All correspondence regarding workman’s compensation claims
    15. Original discharge or separation papers from the military (DD-214) and/or veterans disability claims, and any disciplinary action paperwork you received
    16. Selective Service Registration record (www.sss.gov). If active Reservist, unit name and address
    17. BP-51 and DP-2488 questionnaire signed and notarized (these are FDNY forms, you’ll get them with your packages)
    18. 2x2 inch photo in business attire
    19. Signed education and employment consent forms (you’ll get these forms from FDNY, also).


    awesome info. Thanks for passing along. Any idea how you go about getting the documentation needed for the summons? I had one dismissed about 12 years ago, not sure how much info I'll even be able to dig up.

  21. #4071
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Far Rockaway
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    It's 75 lbs for the step mill portion then 50 lbs for the remainder of the CPAT.
    Thanks, I found a nice 80 lb. vest with removable weights on amazon.com for $75.

  22. #4072
    Forum Member
    FdnytolifeE293's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyvale View Post
    So here I am thinking at work ... How exactly does the hiring works ... They hire based on needs so let's say they want a class of 300 ... They grab 300 people from the list or they go through the list until the class of 300 Is fulfilled ????? Also how many classes per year ?

    Their saying two classes per year, a total of 600. At my hospital rotation yesterday, an FDNY emt told me he was told by the guys at the rock that they usually hire more then 300 probies. Like 330 to 350 only because 30-50 quit or just don't have what it takes on the first day.



    On another note, vforce is a really good vest. Or if you want the same exact one they use in cpat, go with simulaids weight vest. Simulaids is very pricey, but if you don't mind shelling out the money then go for it.
    Last edited by FdnytolifeE293; 10-10-2012 at 09:27 AM.
    Dannyvale likes this.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

    I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

  23. #4073
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Far Rockaway
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Okay, weight vest ordered. I was mistaken, it was not the $75 I originally thought. Apparently, 75 lb. weight vests are expensive. $148.99 for the vest and another $48.99 in extra shipping for excess weight. If anyone finds it cheaper, feel free to rub it in my face as I feel I just overpaid. Oh well, it's a tax write off.

  24. #4074
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    Their saying to classes per year, a total of 600. At my hospital rotation yesterday, an FDNY emt told me he was told by the guys at the rock that they usually hire more then 300 probies. Like 330 to 350 only because 30-50 quit or just don't have what it takes on the first day.
    Classes are usually around 320-330. During the 1.5 miles alot of people are disqualified and sometimes they call an extra few to fill "seats". A friend of mine was list 87x from 6019, he made it because 10 guys failed the run and he was one of the standbys. So yea he made it by the nose of his hair basically.
    Last edited by Jukez; 10-10-2012 at 09:41 AM.
    Dannyvale likes this.

  25. #4075
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    awesome info. Thanks for passing along. Any idea how you go about getting the documentation needed for the summons? I had one dismissed about 12 years ago, not sure how much info I'll even be able to dig up.
    Contact the county court that you were issued the summons in, and if you know the general timeframe they'll be able to help you find it. The Google machine can help you find out what the county court is. You'll likely need to send some fee and a notarized request. This is one thing off of that list to start working on now if your list number is in the first thousand or so.
    HopefulFF likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 42 users browsing this thread. (13 members and 29 guests)

  1. 4040clubBouncer,
  2. bacon,
  3. bklynfd,
  4. BrooklynBorn,
  5. cjr,
  6. DannyD0pe,
  7. FFwnt2b,
  8. J Fitz,
  9. k20dc2,
  10. Matador611,
  11. nikegoal1,
  12. ready4fire

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 05:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 09:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 04:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register