Like Tree11258Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #4076
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    474

    Default

    has anybody received that little paper with score and list # yet?

  2. #4077
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    has anybody received that little paper with score and list # yet?
    Nope. I have a feeling we might see them today for city residents. but who knows might not even see them until next week.

  3. #4078
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Default

    So where exactly is that the list numbers stop droping like flies ??? Meaning how you get to list numbers 3000 4000 5000 , etc

  4. #4079
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    856

    Default

    How far back do they delve into your history. About 10 years ago I got into a car accident, the car I was driving had expired registration and inspection, the insurance was fine though. But I got tickets for expired registration and inspection, which aren't moving violations or a crime like driving with no insurance. But since the was registered in my Dads name I thought he would have gotten the tickets and not me or something along those lines, it was 10 years ago so I don't remember. But I never bothered paying the tickets. Fast forward two years and I get a letter in the mail I haven't paid for the tickets and I would have to show up to court by a certain date or my license would be suspended. There was no warrent out for my arrest or anything. I went to court, pleaded guilty to the tickets, they threw out the inspection one, and I paid the registration ticket. Is this something I should mention ? To be honest I completely forgot it even happened. Nothing went on my record, the other guy I hit didn't even file it with his insurance company because he was stoned and had out of state insurance.

  5. #4080
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Classes are usually around 320-330. During the 1.5 miles alot of people are disqualified and sometimes they call an extra few to fill "seats". A friend of mine was list 87x from 6019, he made it because 10 guys failed the run and he was one of the standbys. So yea he made it by the nose of his hair basically.
    Thats basically my list number and thats exactly what im hoping for. I really want to get into that first class and not have to wait an extra 5 months. Although I know that first class will be brutal with all the vets that are going to leave me in the dust lol.

    Also speaking of 5 months, Everyone keeps saying they are holding the academy twice a year but its actually a bit more. The academy is 22 weeks and they are holding one after the other so even if we give the instructors a week off in between that still once every 23 weeks which is good and will have the list moving a little bit quicker.

    Goof luck everyone. I finally got my 1.5 mile under 12 min the other day. So stoked lol

  6. #4081
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Just an FYI - I remember the LT (oops forgot his name) at the academy saying DO NOT run w/ the vest on. It's awful for your back.
    Was just coming in to say this. Guys, running with a vest is not necessary and can be detrimental to your joints. One pound of weight creates four pounds of pressure on your joints. So if you have a 50 pound weight vest, you're adding 200 pounds of pressure to your joints. I think the ratio doubles from 1:4 to 1:8 when you run. Please don't risk injury for something that will not help you. Low-impact stair stepping will be all you need.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

  7. #4082
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    538

    Default

    the academy is 20 weeks as someone stated previously. They mentioned in the paper that they will hire a classs every 5 months. That would make the academies back to back

  8. #4083
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pdtofd2000 View Post
    Yeah that's good for you u wont even feel the pay drop ... ill go down more then half probably ... what list # are u
    Turn your private messages on.

    When you got hired with the NYPD you were placed into the 20 year (tier 2) pension plan. When you transfer over to FDNY will you be put in the 20 year (tier 2 ) FDNY pension or will you be put into the new tier 6 (as of april 2012) with the 22.5 year retirement plan?

  9. #4084
    Forum Member
    FdnytolifeE293's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Tom, I called the investigations department and all they told me was that I'll find out when I get assigned an investigator.
    I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

  10. #4085
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    the academy is 20 weeks as someone stated previously. They mentioned in the paper that they will hire a classs every 5 months. That would make the academies back to back
    The NYC website still says the academy is 18 weeks, but who knows when that was last updated. It also says daily 3 mile runs but I think bam said it was more like 5?

    http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/un...fa_proby.shtml

  11. #4086
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Not sure if this has been posted, but a bunch of my buddies took these classes before their CPAT's and said it made a ton of difference. Pretty expensive, but well worth it if you're serious about the FD

    http://firefightersworkout.com/

  12. #4087
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    Turn your private messages on.

    When you got hired with the NYPD you were placed into the 20 year (tier 2) pension plan. When you transfer over to FDNY will you be put in the 20 year (tier 2 ) FDNY pension or will you be put into the new tier 6 (as of april 2012) with the 22.5 year retirement plan?
    ok, pm's are on.... yeah ill stay in tier 2 (20yrs) because its the same pensions system therefore i would just continue my pension with the city, except start over with base pay

  13. #4088
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirEd View Post
    I have been reading alot of posts. I see people with list numbers of 8XX and 1XXX, worried about being called. Are they just being rediculous? Why would somebody with a list number of 8XX be worried about being called.

    I am in the mid 2000's and I feel confident I will be called. What is going on here with people with very low list numbers below 2000 being worried about being called?
    yeah lol ditto that ... im 2xxx as well not worried about getting called just sucks it might take a few years

  14. #4089
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Hey, anyone who wants to call Mitch Maddox at the Post at number 212-930-8500 to let him know about Judge Garaufis' nephew it would probably help get him thrown off the case.

    This article has all the important info. Leave a voicemail if you have too.

    http://meritmattersusa.blogspot.com/...ddya-know.html
    List # 12XX

  15. #4090
    Forum Member
    FdnytolifeE293's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!
    Posts
    379

    Default

    From truthbetold on the rant....

    Just got off the phone with Mitch Maddox of "The Post". He said that Judge Garaufis put it on record that his nephew was taking the test before he took the case, thus making it a moot point, in a way. I personally still think it is a major conflict of interest and he should of instead, recused himself.


    Read more: http://fdnyrant.proboards.com/index....#ixzz28utlOhqd
    I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

  16. #4091
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    From truthbetold on the rant....

    Just got off the phone with Mitch Maddox of "The Post". He said that Judge Garaufis put it on record that his nephew was taking the test before he took the case, thus making it a moot point, in a way. I personally still think it is a major conflict of interest and he should of instead, recused himself.


    Read more: http://fdnyrant.proboards.com/index....#ixzz28utlOhqd


    From what I've read that is correct. The problem is, when he took the case exam 6019 was NOT a part of the case. Garaufis made it a part of the case, there's your conflict of interest.
    River6019 and FdnytolifeE293 like this.

  17. #4092
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    The NYC website still says the academy is 18 weeks, but who knows when that was last updated. It also says daily 3 mile runs but I think bam said it was more like 5?

    http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/un...fa_proby.shtml
    I've heard anywhere from 3 to 8 miles daily. Though the 8 miles might be a culmination of everything during the course of a day. Someone else on here said it's about 4 miles a day.

  18. #4093
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirEd View Post
    I have been reading alot of posts. I see people with list numbers of 8XX and 1XXX, worried about being called. Are they just being rediculous? Why would somebody with a list number of 8XX be worried about being called.

    I am in the mid 2000's and I feel confident I will be called. What is going on here with people with very low list numbers below 2000 being worried about being called?


    Quote Originally Posted by pdtofd2000 View Post
    yeah lol ditto that ... im 2xxx as well not worried about getting called just sucks it might take a few years




    Easy there, fellas. Nobody with those numbers are worried about not being called. If anything, they expressed worry about not being called for the first OC class...
    Last edited by roadrunner09; 10-10-2012 at 02:21 PM.
    frankp88 likes this.

  19. #4094
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Just to clarify, the city offers CPAT prep courses ? I work out on my own but I would feel more comfortable if I could also practice CPAT.

  20. #4095
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    From what I've read that is correct. The problem is, when he took the case exam 6019 was NOT a part of the case. Garaufis made it a part of the case, there's your conflict of interest.
    Exactly, so his stance of "it doesn't matter because 6019 isn't part of this lawsuit" is totally invalid. The reporter should know that.
    List # 12XX

  21. #4096
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Is the mile and a half in order to get into the academy, or is it done once you're already in?

    People are saying they hire extra to weed them out the first day with the mile and a half run, why wouldn't they just have it as a requirement to get in instead like PD does then?
    Last edited by eng1irons; 10-10-2012 at 02:59 PM.

  22. #4097
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eng1irons View Post
    Is the mile and a half in order to get into the academy, or is it done once you're already in?

    People are saying they hire extra to weed them out the first day with the mile and a half run, why wouldn't they just have it as a requirement to get in instead like PD does then?

    It's not a req w PD you literally have up until the day before graduation to run a 1.5 mile in 1420
    You get 5 chances throughout the academy

  23. #4098
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Classes are usually around 320-330. During the 1.5 miles alot of people are disqualified and sometimes they call an extra few to fill "seats". A friend of mine was list 87x from 6019, he made it because 10 guys failed the run and he was one of the standbys. So yea he made it by the nose of his hair basically.
    The run is on the first day of the academy? 1.5 miles isn't far, how do these people pass the CPAT? Why was 6019's first class so small?

  24. #4099
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    Does any one know if the 2400 number includes the 5th man? Are they planning on bringing that back anytime soon.

  25. #4100
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frankp88 View Post
    It's not a req w PD you literally have up until the day before graduation to run a 1.5 mile in 1420
    You get 5 chances throughout the academy
    You're right... it used to be. I forgot they stopped it.

    Doesn't make sense to me why fd would hold a pass/fail on the first day to weed people out. That's a waste, it should be a requirement to even get in. Or, like PD, they should make it a requirement to graduate and drop the time.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 47 users browsing this thread. (11 members and 36 guests)

  1. 4040clubBouncer,
  2. Bee1985,
  3. bklynfd,
  4. cjr,
  5. Matador611,
  6. MuscleHamster,
  7. NYgrad2012,
  8. Nyscourts2fdny,
  9. ready4fire,
  10. SGD1028

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 05:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 09:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 04:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register