Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 168 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 681181581651661671681691701711782182686681168 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 23407
Like Tree9175Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Well then have fun in tier 6!
    BKLYNBOY likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Good stuff, But guys from 6019 ready for hire like myself don't find this funny at all. But yes I will have fun in tier 6, with absolutly no shortcuts bro!

Forum Member

Who said it was funny?

Forum Member

FdnytolifeE293, tried to send you a PM but your mailbox is full.

Forum Member

So any word on what happened to questions we may have protested ?

Forum Member

Isn't that fairness hearing going on today

Forum Member

is the test graded before the questions are thrown out? like lets say there are 81 questions in the personality and 20 get trown out then is the weight of those 61 questions applied as opposed to the original 81?

Forum Member

Straight from PSI's report to the court.

A Test Validation Board (TVB) was convened as required by NY Civil Service Law and court
    order, during the month of June 2012 to review and adjudicate item protests that were submitted
    by candidates during formal test review sessions conducted after the test administration. The
    TVB was comprised of three members, one chosen by the City, one chose by the Firefighter's
    union, and one chosen by the Court in response to a motion hled by the City. The purpose of the
    TVB was to review and adjudicate item protests submitted by candidates who attended protest
    review sessions in May 2012, after the test administration had been completed. The TVB
    recommended adjustments to the scoring of certain items, as follows: three (3) cognitive items
    were identifred (two items on Form B2 and one item on Form Dl) for which one additional
    response option in addition to the originally keyed response would be counted as "full credit";
    and six (6) noncognitive items were identified for which full credit would be awarded for any of
    the response options. The TVB also awarded partial credit for six (6) additional noncognitive items.

Excuse the staggered text. Don't have time to fix it at the moment.
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Gimmeefire600. Did it say anywhere in those court papers about how much credit is each "partial credit" worth?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    Straight from PSI's report to the court.

A Test Validation Board (TVB) was convened as required by NY Civil Service Law and court
    order, during the month of June 2012 to review and adjudicate item protests that were submitted
    by candidates during formal test review sessions conducted after the test administration. The
    TVB was comprised of three members, one chosen by the City, one chose by the Firefighter's
    union, and one chosen by the Court in response to a motion hled by the City. The purpose of the
    TVB was to review and adjudicate item protests submitted by candidates who attended protest
    review sessions in May 2012, after the test administration had been completed. The TVB
    recommended adjustments to the scoring of certain items, as follows: three (3) cognitive items
    were identifred (two items on Form B2 and one item on Form Dl) for which one additional
    response option in addition to the originally keyed response would be counted as "full credit";
    and six (6) noncognitive items were identified for which full credit would be awarded for any of
    the response options. The TVB also awarded partial credit for six (6) additional noncognitive items.

Excuse the staggered text. Don't have time to fix it at the moment.
    I'm still looking for this and can't find it. You must be the king of googling stuff or something. Now regarding to the grading, this is actually good news to some. That means that no answers will be switched so what ever you had full credit for you will still have full credit for. Now is just a matter of hoping that some of the PC questions you had are some of the ones that they will give FC for all answers. Gimmefire you need to guide me in getting a hold of this report man! Lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    what tier are you in?

because it must be the saltiest.
    HopefulFF, JerkAlert and Jukez like this.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Gimmefire, did it say anywhere in that report about exam C ?
    Last edited by FdnytolifeE293; 10-01-2012 at 03:04 PM.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

Can anyone explain how the questions in parts 1-3 will be weighted as less than a point each. If i am correct, the scoring was broken down as follows. 50% of your grade comes from parts 1-4 and 50% of your grade comes from part 5. Breaking it down even more, sections1-3 were worth 70% of that 50% and section 4 was scored 30% of that 50%. This means that sections 1-3 are worth 35% of the overall test score and section 4 is worth 15% of the entire test. That being said there are only 26 questions in sections 1-3. Assuming all of these questions are weighted equally each question would be worth ~ 1.35pts.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    I'm still looking for this and can't find it. You must be the king of googling stuff or something. Now regarding to the grading, this is actually good news to some. That means that no answers will be switched so what ever you had full credit for you will still have full credit for. Now is just a matter of hoping that some of the PC questions you had are some of the ones that they will give FC for all answers. Gimmefire you need to guide me in getting a hold of this report man! Lol
    This gentleman has previously stated that because of his job, he has access to court documents which would other wise cost money.
    So i dont think it can be googled.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bensonhurstlovesme View Post
    This gentleman has previously stated that because of his job, he has access to court documents which would other wise cost money.
    So i dont think it can be googled.

"Those scores are factoring in all bonus points and changes made after the protest session.

Can't link it. Just google access to court docs, fyi its not free."

I'm just following what he said....

Forum Member

so do we know how much partial credits are worth on the psych? You guys are awesome with the info, thanks.

Cable guy, you made me lol with the last few lines of your post. Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 10-01-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Forum Member

The last 10 pages of this forum is guys n gals asking how much questions are worth and how much partial credit.. whats the point? scores out wednesday guys, you guys got what you got.. goodluck to everyone on this forum... i spoke to people who took this test and they dont even know the test was passed lol.. its clear we deserve it
    nycthirteen and Bellestoria like this.

Forum Member

If the scores are published Wednesday does that mean we could call up the automated DCAS number and get our results on Wednesday

IFR
    MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    If the scores are published Wednesday does that mean we could call up the automated DCAS number and get our results on Wednesday
    I was wondering the same thing. I have called the automated number several times, and each time it states that the information is current as of the previous Sunday. If I had to guess, I would say it won't be updated until the following Sunday, October 7th. That's just speculation though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IFR View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. I have called the automated number several times, and each time it states that the information is current as of the previous Sunday. If I had to guess, I would say it won't be updated until the following Sunday, October 7th. That's just speculation though.
    I could be wrong but I think it will only be on there once the list has been established.

Thread Information