Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 1196 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027671175171017 ... LastLast
Like Tree9374Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    The Post is reporting that sgt. Meyer has declined the chance to apply because the application period would not be reopening for all. Garaufis said the city could let him apply but not reopen the application period for everyone. Due to this fact, Sgt. Meyer has declined the opportunity. He did not want to accept this special treatment. This man is truly a man of Honor.
    Thanks for clearing this up for me, and yes what he did was very Honorable, most people would not have done this. This truely speaks of his character.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Let's just say for a second that this were true (which is nonsense). I would safely bet my next 50 paychecks that the guy would never allow himself to get on like that. He displays more character and humility than any of us can really possibly fathom.

So don't worry about this. You've got plenty of other things with the process to worry about that are actually legit.

Yes you was right on that one, he is def. an honorable man with great character. I'm not in the process for FDNY but I felt like that was unfair to all the people on here that was.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    The Post is reporting that sgt. Meyer has declined the chance to apply because the application period would not be reopening for all. Garaufis said the city could let him apply but not reopen the application period for everyone. Due to this fact, Sgt. Meyer has declined the opportunity. He did not want to accept this special treatment. This man is truly a man of Honor.

Just read this in the Post: "Garufis rejected a broader request from the city to open the doors for 24 hours to everyone who wants to apply to the FDNY, saying that without accompanying recruitment efforts it might actually sabotage the goal of expanding minority ranks in a fire department that's overwhelmingly white."

Am I missing something, or has this Judge lost the ability to think rationally? Why does Everything have to become racial? This makes absolutely no sense at all. I'm sure 24 hours really would have a big impact on the all the millions spent on recruiting over the years.

Just one more thing this guy has ruined.
    Last edited by dkjets75; 09-26-2011 at 10:30 PM.
    Exam 2000
    Score: 99
    List #:4xxx

Forum Member

no prob bob. thanks
    Last edited by lwhite2011; 09-27-2011 at 12:29 PM.

Forum Member

Although I cannot be entirely sure, from what I understand, at this point in time, the test we will be taking is going to be different from the Alexandria and NJ exams. Those exams sound much like what the fire team sample exam offers. This may change, of course. Keep in mind that the information that is swirling around out there is based on a practice exam that was administered to current members. It's entirely possible that the content may change. One of the stated goals in developing this new exam is to create a test that meets "job necessity." In other words, a test that will best measure our ability to become firefighters.

On the topic of Medal of Honor recipient Sgt. Meyer, I can only hope that he will someday have his chance at this job. The man's actions speak for themselves.

It's important to put all you can muster into the things you can control. Nobody can stop you from studying, from running, from staying out of trouble, from getting a good education, from building a good reputation... from being ready and prepared. They can't take that from you. They can't take your desire. Ignore what you can't control. It's a waste time and emotion.
    Last edited by Minerva; 01-12-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkjets75 View Post
    Just read this in the Post: "Garufis rejected a broader request from the city to open the doors for 24 hours to everyone who wants to apply to the FDNY, saying that without accompanying recruitment efforts it might actually sabotage the goal of expanding minority ranks in a fire department that's overwhelmingly white."

Haha, how many times do you think Garufis has used the phrase "overwhelmingly white" in the past decade?

And yeah, I'm thinking at least 20,000 of the people taking this test dont show up or get below a 70 (fail). The Idea of getting proof of unemployment and spending 5 hours of your day visiting DCAS to avoid $30 for a test fee seems like an insane waste of time to me. Two months to get 30 bucks together and you show up on the last possible day to claim unemployment? Yeah, alot of these people arent in this for the long haul.

Forum Member

so can i move back to long beach now? ive been in brooklyn for 2 years and will stay i mean i like it but my lease is up next march and wouldnt mind a summer in lb. what do u guys think? the noe says 1 year from july 31,2010-august 2011

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    so can i move back to long beach now? ive been in brooklyn for 2 years and will stay i mean i like it but my lease is up next march and wouldnt mind a summer in lb. what do u guys think? the noe says 1 year from july 31,2010-august 2011
    Stay, get the residency points and then move to Long Beach. Also join their VFD as they are one of only two LI departments that are paid (one Engine company is) so you never know who you'll meet or if it opens a backdoor for you.

Forum Member

Has anybody heard anything else about the prep classes for the written that the city will be giving? I haven't been able to find anything about it.
    Exam 2000
    Score: 99
    List #:4xxx

Forum Member

I don't think they would be having those prep classes this time around. I think most of it would be up to the individual, and the computer based tutorial that would be released in November. Don't take my word for it, but there is no mention of it at all anywhere on their website or the NOE.

Forum Member

I'm actually more interested to know how they will be scoring the written with the physical. The way they are setting this whole thing up is really shady man. For 6019 we knew how your list # was being established and what the physical exam would be. All I know at this point is that I'll be sitting in front of a computer at some point between Jan and Feb.

Haven't heard anything on the topic of the physical agility.
    IMO I don't see them straying away from the relatively lawsuit free CPAT.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Especially seeing what happened to Chicago FD.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I'm actually more interested to know how they will be scoring the written with the physical. The way they are setting this whole thing up is really shady man. For 6019 we knew how your list # was being established and what the physical exam would be. All I know at this point is that I'll be sitting in front of a computer at some point between Jan and Feb.
    More proof of this just being a numbers game. Cassano ( FDNY commissioner) knew he had to achieve specific quotas. I'd be interested to see how much different things Would be without the vulcan society lawsuit.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    Especially seeing what happened to Chicago FD.
    what happened? im not familiar with their situation?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    why is that lawsuit free? how many fire depts in the USA have been using the CPAT?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    what happened? im not familiar with their situation?
    Woman sued the CFD stating that their physical (not CPAT) objectified women.

Article from Huffington Post

Again, the CPAT basically saves most FDs from lawsuits which is the reason why it was conceived. Even Gardifus knows this which is why he won't throw it out.

Forum Member

Default Cpat

ok i found this info.....

Almost every Fire Dept in the country uses a physical abilities test known as the Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT). The CPAT is approved and sanctioned by the IAFF (union), IAFC (Fire Chiefs org) and US Dept of Justice, and EEOC. It's a lawsuit proof test. However, the pass rates among females who take it is very low.

Of course, the City of Chicago refuses to use this CPAT, and instead brought in yet another connected consultant to develope their own version which would ensure a high pass rate for females.

Forum Member

Default FDNY plans to use CPAT

My sources tell me that the FDNY plans on using CPAT (safest bet lawsuit wise). I've established my FDNY / CPAT Prep school to take the candidate from Stepmill to Academy Graduation.

CPAT COURSE CURRICULUM: http://www.kbmike.com/2011/08/fdny-c...urriculum.html

LATEST ARTICLE / TIP: http://www.kbmike.com/2011/09/pulling-ceilings.html

FOLLOW US ON FACE BOOK: http://www.facebook.com/pages/FDNY-C...273373?sk=wall

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeStefano View Post
    My sources tell me that the FDNY plans on using CPAT (safest bet lawsuit wise). I've established my FDNY / CPAT Prep school to take the candidate from Stepmill to Academy Graduation.

CPAT COURSE CURRICULUM: http://www.kbmike.com/2011/08/fdny-c...urriculum.html

LATEST ARTICLE / TIP: http://www.kbmike.com/2011/09/pulling-ceilings.html

FOLLOW US ON FACE BOOK: http://www.facebook.com/pages/FDNY-C...273373?sk=wall
    I heard good things about this

Thread Information