Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 171 of 1168 FirstFirst ... 71121161168169170171172173174181221271671 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 23359
Like Tree9125Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Just logged on dcas. Is this really going to be it?? Down for Maintenance from 7:30 till 8:00.. Will we really see our scores at 8:01 am tomorrow?? My anxiety levels just went up to 100%...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    You see Coombs comment, "Choose" from, no one is choosing, you have to compete as an individual, thats the point. I Hate the news, they never ever give the whole story, just enough for people to make uneducated opinions.
    That comment by Coombs is the entire reason why Vulcans have been full of **** from the start. They know the exams aren't discriminatory, but they won't stop their bull**** fight until the Dept loses the "white look." The best is Chief Mannix has called for them to debate their points against him, and every time those requests fell on deaf ears. Why??? Because their argument is baseless and anybody with half an ounce of intelligence knows it.
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    That comment by Coombs is the entire reason why Vulcans have been full of **** from the start. They know the exams aren't discriminatory, but they won't stop their bull**** fight until the Dept loses the "white look." The best is Chief Mannix has called for them to debate their points against him, and every time those requests fell on deaf ears. Why??? Because their argument is baseless and anybody with half an ounce of intelligence knows it.
    The problem is that the judge has a little less than a half an ounce of intelligence.

Forum Member

Today a black Ex marine with 30+ years on the job got up and said it was ridiculous and he didn't need, and will never needed anything watered down for him.

Is the appeals court still paying attention to this or is their job over?
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 10-02-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Forum Member

Today a black Ex marine with 30+ years on the job got up and said it was ridiculous and he didn't need, and will never needed anything watered down for him.

Is the appeals court still paying attention to this or is their job over?
    You went today?

Forum Member

Yeah, I wasn't in the court thou, so I could't see the judge. I was in the viewing room. I overheard a guy say Cheif Mannix was speaking tom, not sure if its true or not.

Forum Member

Yeah, I wasn't in the court thou, so I could't see the judge. I was in the viewing room. I overheard a guy say Cheif Mannix was speaking tom, not sure if its true or not.
    Going to be interesting when he does speak. Goofus has to definitely know who he is so I wonder if he responds to his statement.

Forum Member

Where will i be able to go on the site to see my scores? haven't been able to find anyway to check on the status of the exam at all. am i looking in the wrong place? help please!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Just logged on dcas. Is this really going to be it?? Down for Maintenance from 7:30 till 8:00.. Will we really see our scores at 8:01 am tomorrow?? My anxiety levels just went up to 100%...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch276 View Post
    Where will i be able to go on the site to see my scores? haven't been able to find anyway to check on the status of the exam at all. am i looking in the wrong place? help please!!
    Just remember that we just assuming this is where the scores might be published. Key word "assuming".

https://a856-eeexams.nyc.gov/OLEE/oasys/userlogin.aspx

You made an account with them the day you took he test just try and remember the login info if not click forgot id etc.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Just remember that we just assuming this is where the scores might be published. Key word "assuming".

https://a856-eeexams.nyc.gov/OLEE/oasys/userlogin.aspx

You made an account with them the day you took he test just try and remember the login info if not click forgot id etc.
    Nobody knows nothing. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Forum Member

My score from a test I took nearly 3 years ago is still "N/A" on that system. It could be because I think that was before DCAS had OASys up and running, or because they aren't going to bother putting scores up. Given all the hype around this test I would think the city would announce that the scores are up.

Those who submitted an objection letter were invited to give the brief statement broken down each day by last name.
    Tomorrow is L - P
    Thursday Q - Z

So yes, Chief Mannix will be speaking tomorrow.

MembersZone Subscriber

Ditto. Tests from more recent exams are also listed N/A and scores were received. More than likely they do not use this feature of the system.

The Chief-Leader is likely to get their hands on the list whenever it is actually published.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    My score from a test I took nearly 3 years ago is still "N/A" on that system. It could be because I think that was before DCAS had OASys up and running, or because they aren't going to bother putting scores up. Given all the hype around this test I would think the city would announce that the scores are up.

Forum Member

not going to lie, you got me.

Quote Originally Posted by bensonhurstlovesme View Post
    JUST GOT MY SCORE AND LIST!!!

April fools!

Forum Member

Just check the website and there still a N/A in the grade slot. Maybe they will be up after the 7-8am maintenance I hope at least the suspense is killing me. I've never been so nervous before.

Forum Member

I will be happily surprised if at any point in time the grades end up on that system. The thought that they'd magically be available at midnight? Laughable. The waiting around will get easier when you realize that DCAS doesn't give a f*ck about you and moves at its own pace. I'm fairly sure that pace also ends promptly at 5 pm.

Forum Member

Just some insight compared to other tests: I took a few other DCAS tests for which I have received scores in the mail and they still say N/A in the slots on the website. Don't go calling out of work waiting for the test score to pop up

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I will be happily surprised if at any point in time the grades end up on that system. The thought that they'd magically be available at midnight? Laughable. The waiting around will get easier when you realize that DCAS doesn't give a f*ck about you and moves at its own pace. I'm fairly sure that pace also ends promptly at 5 pm.
    It's not entirely impossible. For other agencies (not NYC), I have woken up at 6am and seen lists posted when they were not posted at 10pm the night prior. Do I think a civil servant was sitting there at midnight and hit some magic button? No, but they have programs that will publish information automatically based on time. I guess DCAS doesn't use them though!! Hopefully we get good news after the maintenance downtime.

Forum Member

I don't understand why they can't just post the list somewhere so we can see this is bs.

Forum Member

Isn't the list suppose to be made public? Isn't that why people don't reveal their true list numbers and always put XXX on the last digits. We have to wait a lil bit guys. I think by rule it is suppose to be made available to the public just like any other public records. If someone does find please post a link here. It will be greatly appreciated.

Thread Information