Like Tree11283Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Jukez, could you elaborate more on the cut off? I'll be 31-32, if I'm called at all. Is there a maximum age for entering the academy?
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

MembersZone Subscriber

Remember that military veterans can deduct up to 6 years off of their age for time in the military.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    Jukez, could you elaborate more on the cut off? I'll be 31-32, if I'm called at all. Is there a maximum age for entering the academy?
    There is no maximum age for entering the academy. You have to have not reached your 29th birthday when you take the written test but anyone who took 6019 got a 5 years extension to that rule for this test and only this test.
    FDNYPD likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    So today I got into this conversation with 2 guys in a grocery store who were talking about the Fire fighter test and both did pretty well, one is in the 1500s the other 3000s. As we kept talking about it they told me that they were both 32 years old so I asked them if they took the last test in 07' and they both said NO!..I didn't want to crush both their dreams so I didn't tell them that the cutoff for anyone who didn't take the last test was still 29.5. This makes me wonder how many other people in this list believe that the age limit is 35 for EVERYONE?? O well. As bad as it sounds but 2 less people I have to worry about.
    Music to my ears

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Remember that military veterans can deduct up to 6 years off of their age for time in the military.
    I'm aware of that and no they were not military either. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up further down the list but I'm pretty sure they will go through one thousand names just to get a full class of the OC guys.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm aware of that and no they were not military either. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up further down the list but I'm pretty sure they will go through one thousand names just to get a full class of the OC guys.
    It wouldn't surprise me.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

It wouldn't surprise me.
    I hope its true. June academy will be awesome.
    zachryw2001 likes this.
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Just ran into Councilman Vallone at Astoria Park. Personally thanked him for his work on the age extension. He, along with a few others, may have very well (hopefully) altered a lot of our lives for the better...
    Ha, good man. That's where I work out. I should try to remember what he looks like so I can thank him personally if I ever see him.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Ha, good man. That's where I work out. I should try to remember what he looks like so I can thank him personally if I ever see him.
    Were you the maniac who I saw yesterday wearing the weight vest while doing a ton of burpees?
    BigGriffC12 and mocon337 like this.

MembersZone Subscriber

So today I got into this conversation with 2 guys in a grocery store who were talking about the Fire fighter test and both did pretty well, one is in the 1500s the other 3000s. As we kept talking about it they told me that they were both 32 years old so I asked them if they took the last test in 07' and they both said NO!..I didn't want to crush both their dreams so I didn't tell them that the cutoff for anyone who didn't take the last test was still 29.5. This makes me wonder how many other people in this list believe that the age limit is 35 for EVERYONE?? O well. As bad as it sounds but 2 less people I have to worry about.
    Are you sure you were all talking about FDNY then?
    Something isn't adding up. If they weren't prior military, then they would not have been allowed to even file let alone sit for the exam 2000 due to their ages.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Something isn't adding up. If they weren't prior military, then they would not have been allowed to even file let alone sit for the exam 2000 due to their ages.
    I think DCAS could care less if you meet the requirements, they just wanted the $25 application fee. Lol
    vekdoggs75 and Dannyvale like this.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Yes they took the same test we all did and Trust me is possible. When I went for my fdny interview in 08' me and this other guy were sitting in a comference room with our investigator, and she told him that he missed the cut off age by one day. I remember you had to be born August 29 or later, he was born August 28th.... I was sitting there worried that I was too young (20 years old) and this guy missed it by one day!

Forum Member

I saw some one on the list who I know is too old. I don't remember, but wouldn't the filing app keep you keep you from filing if you were too old, unless you picked that you took 6019 or picked a false birthday?

Edit: just saw Bams post answering my questions.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 10-15-2012 at 03:00 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    you had to still be 28 when you filed if I remember correctly. Unless you have military or took 6019 then you can be older.
    FDNYPD likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

MembersZone Subscriber

17 1/2 to 29 to file unless military or took 6019 then up to 36 years old.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

Forum Member

I know a candidate who took the exam thinking the age limit was 36 for EVERYONE. The age limit was only extended past the 29 cut off for those who took 6019 as we all know. Im not going to be the one to tell him. There is going to be a lot of cases like this one just like there are going to be plenty of cases where people claimed residency but cannot supply the requiremnt paperwork to prove it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    I know a candidate who took the exam thinking the age limit was 36 for EVERYONE. The age limit was only extended past the 29 cut off for those who took 6019 as we all know. Im not going to be the one to tell him. There is going to be a lot of cases like this one just like there are going to be plenty of cases where people claimed residency but cannot supply the requiremnt paperwork to prove it.
    How do these guys think they can run up buildings for 22 years starting at age 36? If I was in a burning building I think I would prefer someone under 50 saving me... Ofcourse thats just me talking
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

17 1/2 to 29 to file unless military or took 6019 then up to 36 years old.
    You have to be at least a day younger than 29 to file.

QCfrank, how well did he do?

You have to be 28 file, I don't know why they write it as younger than 29.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    How do these guys think they can run up buildings for 22 years starting at age 36? If I was in a burning building I think I would prefer someone under 50 saving me... Ofcourse thats just me talking
    I would love for you to sit down with any firefighter OTJ who is over the age of 50 and tell them that.

edit: I personally know 2 guys on the EMS list who are too old. One is indifferent... if he happened to slip through the cracks he'll take the promotion, if not then oh well no big deal. The other is much more vested in it... and going to be in for a big let down.
    FDNYPD likes this.

Forum Member

He did good enough to get hired. List # in the 2000's.

On the first day to file for the exam (which was approx July 11 2011) you cannot have reached your 29th bday.

For those who took the last exam (#6019) the age limit was extended to 36 years old. As long as you didnt turn 36 by July 11 2011 then you were eligible (which was anyone who took exam 6019)

Forum Member

2 words.. Joe Angelini Rescue 1.
    Desire4theJob likes this.

Forum Member

I know guys in their 50s that could smoke both of us in ANY sort of running/physical activity competition. Age is just a number.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    He did good enough to get hired. List # in the 2000's.

On the first day to file for the exam (which was approx July 11 2011) you cannot have reached your 29th bday.

For those who took the last exam (#6019) the age limit was extended to 36 years old. As long as you didnt turn 36 by July 11 2011 then you were eligible (which was anyone who took exam 6019)

There must be hundreds of cases like this in my opinion. This is the reason why I say that they will go through 1000 names easily through the first class. You will probably see guys in the low thousands in the same class as guys in the low 2000s

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Were you the maniac who I saw yesterday wearing the weight vest while doing a ton of burpees?
    Ha! No but I've seen that guy too. I'm just using the pull up, bench, and dip bars for now and am currently vestless. Saving my knees for a bit longer.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

both my medicals I did for 6019 my heart rate for stairmaster were 151 and then next yr + was 149 and I was 34 and 35 back then. If you stay in shape and train hard than it wont matter your age!
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Thread Information