Like Tree9843Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Pretty sure it's 10lbs.
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Forum Member

Hello fellow future FF. I want to start by wishing everyone good luck on the FDNY hiring process. I have several questions regarding this process which may have already been answered in the past. Maybe some of you guys can answer some of them. I am currently serving in the Military (Army) and my contract will be over in June 2013. I scored pretty good on the FF test and I am now afraid that they might call me in before my contract in the Military is over. What would happen if they call me for physical exam, CPAT or Academy entry dates if I'm still in the military? Would they just throw me on the end of the list and keep on hiring the following numbers? or would they just give me an Academy date after I get done with my contract?.

My other concern is about the Residency credit documents. I was only able to find some bank account statements from 2010-2011. I have W-2 from 2007-2009. I also have a driver's license from NY showing my address in NYC. I was informed by one of my fellow team mates that also took the test that if I show them some documentation stating that I entered the Military from NYC, that could also serve as proof for the residency credit as well. Any takes on this matter?

Again, I apologyze if these questions have been answered in the past and really appreciate your guy's help. Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by manny.pena View Post
    Hello fellow future FF. I want to start by wishing everyone good luck on the FDNY hiring process. I have several questions regarding this process which may have already been answered in the past. Maybe some of you guys can answer some of them. I am currently serving in the Military (Army) and my contract will be over in June 2013. I scored pretty good on the FF test and I am now afraid that they might call me in before my contract in the Military is over. What would happen if they call me for physical exam, CPAT or Academy entry dates if I'm still in the military? Would they just throw me on the end of the list and keep on hiring the following numbers? or would they just give me an Academy date after I get done with my contract?.

My other concern is about the Residency credit documents. I was only able to find some bank account statements from 2010-2011. I have W-2 from 2007-2009. I also have a driver's license from NY showing my address in NYC. I was informed by one of my fellow team mates that also took the test that if I show them some documentation stating that I entered the Military from NYC, that could also serve as proof for the residency credit as well. Any takes on this matter?

Again, I apologyze if these questions have been answered in the past and really appreciate your guy's help. Thanks.

When you come off AD and you have been called to start the hiring process you just have to contact DCAS and you would then start processing for the next class. That's how it has been in the past so i'm sure that it will be the same now. Not sure about the residency though. I'm sure if you werent living in NY and have proof prior to enlistment at MEPS then you should be good to go.
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    Anybody have information on the academy. Such as the length? Days? Hours? And if we get paid?thx
    The length is Long enough that youll swear there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Days? Yes. Complete with both sunrise and sunset. You will only see the outside world by moonlight. Hours dont matter, because you move/eat/pee only when the DI's tell you to. The face of your watch- which you wont be wearing anyway- will have their faces where the numbers used to be. And of course you get paid. In peanuts.

Then somehow once its done, and you reflect upon your experience there... you will do so quite fondly.
    To Persist is to Conquer.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    By the way, does anyone know how much the CPAT sledgehammer weighs. I wanna try to get the tire/hammer contraption in my yard so I can swing away at it after a tough workout. Can't hurt. Any good ideas from you guys?
    Rogue makes a hammer and this http://www.roguefitness.com/the-rogue-banger.php
    I am sure there a cheaper solutions but this is pretty cool

check out the hammer http://www.roguefitness.com/sisu-war-hammer.php
    that box is pretty expensive, maybe just get a regular sledge and a tire.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

if the appeal goes in our favor, does that mean that the 293 priority hires are off the table? or would they still go in?

Forum Member

I can't take it... the anxiousness of starting this whole processes is killing me. I checking out this thread everyday hoping to here some amazing news.

This sucks.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List #17XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IronFireE5 View Post
    I can't take it... the anxiousness of starting this whole processes is killing me. I checking out this thread everyday hoping to here some amazing news.

This sucks.
    Sorry to say it bro but the earliest you will hear something is jan/feb. the next few months will be strictly processing those 800+ EMS people.
    Just relax and sit around. Want some coffee?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkylinePCG View Post
    The length is Long enough that youll swear there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Days? Yes. Complete with both sunrise and sunset. You will only see the outside world by moonlight. Hours dont matter, because you move/eat/pee only when the DI's tell you to. The face of your watch- which you wont be wearing anyway- will have their faces where the numbers used to be. And of course you get paid. In peanuts.

Then somehow once its done, and you reflect upon your experience there... you will do so quite fondly.
    Can't wait !!! Spartan mode !!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Sorry to say it bro but the earliest you will hear something is jan/feb. the next few months will be strictly processing those 800+ EMS people.
    Just relax and sit around. Want some coffee?
    Sit around ? Lol with that list number he should be training as I type this ... Time flies and I hear a lot if people are not ready !!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyvale View Post
    Sit around ? Lol with that list number he should be training as I type this ... Time flies and I hear a lot if people are not ready !!!!
    I cant believe I gave away so many points on the psych. I want to go back in time and beat the ****e out of myself for being a pussy and not just picking strongly agree/disagree.
    esolo1017 and Dannyvale like this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I cant believe I gave away so many points on the psych. I want to go back in time and beat the ****e out of myself for being a pussy and not just picking strongly agree/disagree.
    Lol .. Yea man I feel the same way at times . At least you did better than me and you not up here with me lol ... You checked your email /junk mail

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyvale View Post
    Lol .. Yea man I feel the same way at times . At least you did better than me and you not up here with me lol ... You checked your email /junk mail
    I think I remember you! Were you in the CPAT prep course at the "Rock". Remember when the Lieutenant said: "And guys don't worry about getting pu$$Y, the ladies will be throwing themselves at you!" I remember saying to myself, well I already have two children & pu$$y isn't the issue for me. I thought we were all in there man. If only I knew all the BS that was ahead of us. If the City's appeal does not prove to do so well, for us. We have to come together and sue the $h** out of the necessary parties(no names will be written) for denying us our due diligence. It is ridiculous how we are included in the lawsuit and aren't the benefactors of any of the rulings. We should be going in right after the 300 promos.

I am still fit and will prove it, those little boys who are in they're early 20's have another thing coming if they think us 6019'ers will be messing around this time. Been there Done that!! I will not waiver, committed to the cause, we will fight the good fight and leave it all out on the table.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exam#6019 Candidate View Post
    If the City's appeal does not prove to do so well, for us. We have to come together and sue the $h** out of the necessary parties(no names will be written) for denying us our due diligence.
    I think you mean "due process" my man. Due diligence is what the background investigators do on us candidates!

Forum Member

So is it only 300 off of the promo list? I'm #21xx and hear i could be getting stuff in the mail as early as June/July? Is this possible?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    So is it only 300 off of the promo list? I'm #21xx and hear i could be getting stuff in the mail as early as June/July? Is this possible?
    Just my guess, but I wouldn't expect anything that soon. First wait to see when the first class of Promos actually starts, and then to see what the composition of the second class is (Promo, OC, and retro minority hires from the old lists) before you start planning… I think there is a good chance that even the second class (assuming it is around June 2013) is drawn evenly from the different pools and they only process the first several hundred from the OC list. Assuming all of that is close to accurate (which it might not be) it might be a few classes down the line before you get called. But with a list number like that, I think we'd all agree that you are in good shape to get a fat package in the mail before too long once the OC process starts moving.

Forum Member

Anybody know if they plan on holding the practice cpat courses at the rock again? Or when that would start?

Forum Member

Just wondering for those of you OTJ. If the worst happens and these 293 priority hiring/ retro active seniority hires actually get on the job, what kind of response will they get from those of you who got on the right way and have been risking their lives for years?

Could you trust your lives to these people? And how much would seeing them have seniority over you after probably sitting on their @$$es for the last 10-13 years grate on you. Cassano seems pretty resigned to hiring them at this point and I know the final resolution will be with the second circuit court of appeals but has the union tried fighting this? Something like, it creates a more hazardous work environment?
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

maybe iam asking to much but would anyone otj or been through the process mind shedding a little more light on the investigation process. we all know not to lie to them and all but what is the initial interview like? other than totally nerve racking iam gonna studder my face off probly. If i studder and flub can you fail the interview and thats it?

Forum Member

When I went through the process for the 6019 list you had to show up to metro tech with all of the into they told you to get. You sat down with an investigator and they checked off everything to make sure you had it and then you left. That was the last time I saw my investigator. She called me once to clarify some info but that was it. The only other time i spoke with her was when I called looking for any info about an upcoming class. I don't have any felony's but trust me my record isn't squeaky clean. I passed with a 36 month stip. Don't stress too much. Just remember honesty is the best policy.
    Test 2000
    Score 101
    List # 16**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    maybe iam asking to much but would anyone otj or been through the process mind shedding a little more light on the investigation process. we all know not to lie to them and all but what is the initial interview like? other than totally nerve racking iam gonna studder my face off probly. If i studder and flub can you fail the interview and thats it?
    What interview? I had to meet w/ a Dept shrink the last time because I have an "offense" in my past, but there's really no interview with anybody. The most I spoke with my investigator was over the phone when she needed additional information on me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    What interview? I had to meet w/ a Dept shrink the last time because I have an "offense" in my past, but there's really no interview with anybody. The most I spoke with my investigator was over the phone when she needed additional information on me.
    hahaha I had to meet with the doc too. She wanted to know why I wanted to become a firefighter when nobody in my family before me was on the job. Maybe she thought I was crazy. But aren't we all a little?
    Test 2000
    Score 101
    List # 16**

Forum Member

Yeah I had no idea what to expect when I got asked to go down. Nerves were definitely kicking in right before I walked in the office especially when I was the only one there at the time.

Forum Member

I have this gut feeling that the scores will be in the mail this week. I wonder if they'll break down the point scoring like they did last time? I kind of doubt it for some reason...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I have this gut feeling that the scores will be in the mail this week. I wonder if they'll break down the point scoring like they did last time? I kind of doubt it for some reason...
    Doubt the point scoring will be on there. With so many people having such low scores, it would be like an invitation for additional reviews and test complaints.

Thread Information