Like Tree9519Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

if the appeal goes in our favor, does that mean that the 293 priority hires are off the table? or would they still go in?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Doubt the point scoring will be on there. With so many people having such low scores, it would be like an invitation for additional reviews and test complaints.

You're darn tootin about that...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 7andchange View Post
    When I went through the process for the 6019 list you had to show up to metro tech with all of the into they told you to get. You sat down with an investigator and they checked off everything to make sure you had it and then you left. That was the last time I saw my investigator. She called me once to clarify some info but that was it. The only other time i spoke with her was when I called looking for any info about an upcoming class. I don't have any felony's but trust me my record isn't squeaky clean. I passed with a 36 month stip. Don't stress too much. Just remember honesty is the best policy.
    3 year stip? Damn.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    if the appeal goes in our favor, does that mean that the 293 priority hires are off the table? or would they still go in?
    Wish I could answer this question. According to an article in "The Chief,"

"The city has appealed the Judge's ruling that it intentionally discriminated against minority candidates, though it did not challenge his finding that the 1999 and 2002 exams had a disparate impact on people of color. The Second Circuit Court of Appeals could issue its ruling in the next couple of months."

I'm not sure if just the disparate impact charge allows Garafuis to force the city to hire the 293 or if the intentional discrimination is what gave him the ability to force such policies on them.

I feel like I remember reading somewhere that one of the rulings is what allowed the judge to go so far, I just don't remember where. Anybody else have any idea?

Forum Member

So any guesses as to what they are going to do for the 6019 guys that went through the process already regarding our background and stuff. I mean they definitely still have our folders with all that stuff we had to hand in as well as consults with the FDNY doctors regarding prior conditions and the written psych results. You think we are going to have to repeat and hand in everything again or do you think they will use info they already have on file that doesn't "go bad"? Obviously we have to do the medical, CPAT, and update our backgrounds but what about the other information/results/consults that aren't time sensitive?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    FDNY Exam 6019 List# 14XX.
    Lawsuit Victim: Completed process, cancelled academy.

FDNY Exam 2000 List# 6XX.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by eng1irons View Post
    Anybody know if they plan on holding the practice cpat courses at the rock again? Or when that would start?
    Yes, they are doing it right now for EMS people. When the time comes they will invite people down to sign up for that. If you are in the top 1000 on the OC you should begin training now, I think it's likely that they will draw from that group for at least some of the June/July class, and you can not wait until you get something in the mail to start training.

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    maybe iam asking to much but would anyone otj or been through the process mind shedding a little more light on the investigation process. we all know not to lie to them and all but what is the initial interview like? other than totally nerve racking iam gonna studder my face off probly. If i studder and flub can you fail the interview and thats it?
    There is no formal interview, you just go and meet with an investigator who collects the necessary paperwork and makes sure it's all in order. I did mine today. If you have all the necessary documents and an uncomplicated history then it's really pretty straightforward. Also they are definitely verifying age vs eligibility, so people who think they are going to get by unnoticed are in for some bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    It's hard to say at this point. The city is fighting the charge that they intentionally discriminated, and I believe the 293 priority hires and the back pay and what not will all be in jeopardy if the Court of Appeals agrees with the city. HOWEVER... until that happens it seems to be a bit of an unknown. There's a guy that posts here that has access to court docs and seems to have a legal background, maybe they can shed light on this.

Forum Member

gonna be lots'a rick ross blasting out of the fire houses in a few years

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Umm what does that mean? lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    So is it only 300 off of the promo list? I'm #21xx and hear i could be getting stuff in the mail as early as June/July? Is this possible?
    We got humans in the moon, a black president, a few days a man jumped out the highest in history ... Yea anything it's possible
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bensonhurstlovesme View Post
    gonna be lots'a rick ross blasting out of the fire houses in a few years
    Can it with the racist ****.
    Desire4theJob and grok350 like this.

Forum Member

Before I forget... Manhattan medic... I'm going to love tier 6!!! Ok had to get that off my chest.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Umm what does that mean? lol

Old timey way of saying "you're damn right". I'm talkin Laurel and Hardy old school.

*changes dentures*
    vekdoggs75 and mocon337 like this.

Forum Member

Hey all,

long time lurker/first time poster. I have to thank everyone on this forum for keeping me sane for the last year+, and wish you all good luck on the process going forward, FDNY or otherwise. I heard that it's a good idea to reach out to people within a few list numbers of your own to make sure we don't miss any notices, has anyone done this yet? Looking forward to what the next year brings!
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List # 15**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rpyrcz View Post
    Hey all,

long time lurker/first time poster. I have to thank everyone on this forum for keeping me sane for the last year+, and wish you all good luck on the process going forward, FDNY or otherwise. I heard that it's a good idea to reach out to people within a few list numbers of your own to make sure we don't miss any notices, has anyone done this yet? Looking forward to what the next year brings!
    Haha Love the "long time lurker/first time poster" beginning.

I'm in the 1100's and will be sure to post what I get.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyvale View Post
    Lol .. Yea man I feel the same way at times . At least you did better than me and you not up here with me lol ... You checked your email /junk mail
    Dont understand what your saying.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 7andchange View Post
    When I went through the process for the 6019 list you had to show up to metro tech with all of the into they told you to get. You sat down with an investigator and they checked off everything to make sure you had it and then you left. That was the last time I saw my investigator. She called me once to clarify some info but that was it. The only other time i spoke with her was when I called looking for any info about an upcoming class. I don't have any felony's but trust me my record isn't squeaky clean. I passed with a 36 month stip. Don't stress too much. Just remember honesty is the best policy.
    They don't give you forensic type psych interview, where they try to catch you in lies and try to find out about your psychiatric background? Did you take the written psych? was there any more that you didnt get to? thanks
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Dont understand what your saying.
    You posted about the personal questions ... Those questions messed me up too just like you but You did better than me your list number isn't all the way up here with me

Forum Member

They don't give you forensic type psych interview, where they try to catch you in lies and try to find out about your psychiatric background? Did you take the written psych? was there any more that you didnt get to? thanks
    You sit in a room with another 100 candidates answering like 500 questions of the most random questions you will get in your life. " do you love your mother?" " have you ever had thoughts of killing your mother?" Lol yea that kind of questions. If their is a red flag on anything you answered then you get called back to meet the shrink. I never had to go back when I was going through the process so I guess me having thoughts of killing my mom wasn't that weird. Just kidding! :]
    kd44 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    You sit in a room with another 100 candidates answering like 500 questions of the most random questions you will get in your life. " do you love your mother?" " have you ever had thoughts of killing your mother?" Lol yea that kind of questions. If their is a red flag on anything you answered then you get called back to meet the shrink. I never had to go back when I was going through the process so I guess me having thoughts of killing my mom wasn't that weird. Just kidding! :]
    yeah with PD every one meets with a shrink now I believe.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

yeah with PD every one meets with a shrink now I believe.
    Heh you just reminded me that I'm starting my process for PD soon. The joy.

Forum Member

Heh you just reminded me that I'm starting my process for PD soon. The joy.
    Good luck don't get nervous they can smell the fear lol just be confident and respectful and the process will be a breeze
    Jukez likes this.

Forum Member

So I shouldn't mention how I think if I fall asleep, clowns will eat me ?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    So I shouldn't mention how I think if I fall asleep, clowns will eat me ?
    All I can say is that if they ask you to draw the first thing that comes to your head DO NOT draw a burning building. I heard someone say they were DQed cause of it haha

Forum Member

Google " mmpi 2"
    That's the psych test you'll be getting. Dont try to bull **** it, it was set up to catch you in a lie. It detects if your faking good. It will also ask you true/false questions such as
    Do you like to fix door locks?
    Do you like dance shows?
    Do you feel like someone is following you?
    Would you say you feel we'll most of the time?
    I get headaches
    I never told a lie
    My father was a good man
    Sometimes I am constipated
    No one seems to understand me
    It's a funny test. Just answer honestly

Forum Member

Before I forget... Manhattan medic... I'm going to love tier 6!!! Ok had to get that off my chest.
    Well then I hate to disappoint you but it turns out I think I was wrong. FDNY and NYPD were exempted from tier 6, however everybody will still be in the modified tier 3 plan. While tier 3 has some serious downsides (less generous disability and LODD benefits), for anyone that manages to retire at a reasonably young age after doing 25 years of service it's quite generous.

Thread Information