Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 175 of 1140 FirstFirst ... 75125165172173174175176177178185225275675 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,500 of 22799
Like Tree8965Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #3481
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emtnyc2012 View Post
    I heard the same thing. One guy didn't want to wear the vest on the stepmill
    that's embarrassing.... What do some of these people think they signing up for? how about when they have a DI screaming in their face, you going to say no i dont want to wear the gear? lol.


  2. #3482
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    By the way an EMT friend of mine told me that he went to his cpat training at the rock and there was a few guys throwing up and 1 guy actually passed out with the little physical training they gave em. Others couldn't even do 15 push ups.. WAKE UP CALL?
    This is the training we will get to do if we get called, Correct?

  3. #3483
    Forum Member FdnytolifeE293's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!
    Posts
    378

    Default

    I would hate to be the guy that goes on the stairmaster right after the guy that threw up. Unfortunately, there will be a lot of these guys doing the same thing when we go for our cpat.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

    I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

  4. #3484
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    This is the training we will get to do if we get called, Correct?
    A few months before you do your CPAT they invite you to the rock to practice it. You have real firefighters and officers training you. They also make you do some typical drills probies do in the academy just less intense ofcourse. But is nothing compare to the actual academy.

  5. #3485
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    I would hate to be the guy that goes on the stairmaster right after the guy that threw up. Unfortunately, there will be a lot of these guys doing the same thing when we go for our cpat.
    This gonna be a pass/fail like the iaff cpat or the quicker the time the better the score you'll receive?

  6. #3486
    Forum Member FdnytolifeE293's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!
    Posts
    378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leather_4_Ever View Post
    This gonna be a pass/fail like the iaff cpat or the quicker the time the better the score you'll receive?


    It's going to be pass/fail. You'll have 10:20 to complete all eight events. Stairs, hose drag, equipment carry, ladder raise and extension, forcible entry, dark tunnel, dummy drag, ceiling breach and pull.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

    I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

  7. #3487
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    that's embarrassing.... What do some of these people think they signing up for? how about when they have a DI screaming in their face, you going to say no i dont want to wear the gear? lol.
    Exactly if these individuals really want to go all the way they better shape up lol ..and shape up fast

  8. #3488
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    It's going to be pass/fail. You'll have 10:20 to complete all eight events. Stairs, hose drag, equipment carry, ladder raise and extension, forcible entry, dark tunnel, dummy drag, ceiling breach and pull.
    okay yeah just did it last week in CT so i know whats expected, thanks

  9. #3489
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emtnyc2012 View Post
    Exactly if these individuals really want to go all the way they better shape up lol ..and shape up fast
    In only 3 months? Very difficult if you ask me. But at the same time is better for us, there's 600+ up for promotion out of the 870ish that took the test. I say they won't be able to get 2 classes full out of it. That would mean the 2nd class will have guys from the OC.

  10. #3490
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    In only 3 months? Very difficult if you ask me. But at the same time is better for us, there's 600+ up for promotion out of the 870ish that took the test. I say they won't be able to get 2 classes full out of it. That would mean the 2nd class will have guys from the OC.
    I feel the same, one full class than maybe half .....maybe. there is a lot of ems guys that are ready to roll though, I get to talk to many in passing at the hospitals and they are pumped and ready to goooooo!!!!!

    Side note: wish the scores would be "published" already haha

  11. #3491
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    11

    Default

    how heavy is the vest we will be wearing for the stairmaster?

  12. #3492
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNYlistrider View Post
    how heavy is the vest we will be wearing for the stairmaster?
    75 lbs for the stepmill and 50 lbs for the remaining events.

  13. #3493
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,029

    Default

    Some EMS members have been waiting patiently (or impatiently) for years, and are fairly prepared for the coming months. Others are just taking it to take it, or so it would seem. Health and Fitness is doing the best they can to help people prepare, however they've made it clear that their part in this is minimal, and it's almost entirely on the individual. This will show itself at the CPAT, and if not then then definitely at the medical day. The only x factor is that there are a number of EMTs that will have less than 2 years time in their civil service title come January, and even June, so even if the bulk of the promotional candidates are taken care of in January there will be a few in the 2-3 classes that follow because of this. Of course the trouble with that is that those guys that get held up will have to keep themselves in top shape over the months that they have to wait, and I wouldn't be surprised if a few fall off the wagon.

    Really what I'm getting at is there's a whole lot of waiting. When you get your score in the mail, after you carefully tear off the perforated edges and open the letter from DCAS you can then evaluate how soon it is you should worry about getting in shape (and when you should stop smoking pot). If your score is less than 100 then you have a healthy amount of time.

  14. #3494
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    88

    Default

    My first CPAT was out of state as well and I wasn't doing any cardio training for yrs prior to it and still finished just over 8 min. I dont think it's a prob at all. And if you are training for it you shouldn't even break a sweat, same as the stairmaster potion at the medical!

  15. #3495
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Just now the person who answers questions on the "Join FDNY" facebook page, stated:

    "The list was released so that DCAS could mail out the results to all candidates. DCAS did not post the list."

    For those of you that live in the city, keep an eye on your mail boxes.

  16. #3496
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    Just now the person who answers questions on the "Join FDNY" facebook page, stated:

    "The list was released so that DCAS could mail out the results to all candidates. DCAS did not post the list."

    For those of you that live in the city, keep an eye on your mail boxes.
    That joinfdny page says one thing one day and another the next. One day we get our scores now supposedly we get our list numbers lol. But none the less good luck to all today. Hopefully today is the day.

  17. #3497
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Others are just taking it to take it, or so it would seem. Health and Fitness is doing the best they can to help people prepare, however they've made it clear that their part in this is minimal, and it's almost entirely on the individual. This will show itself at the CPAT, and if not then then definitely at the medical day.
    I remember reading on the 6019 forum that when they went through the process the main problem for the emts was keeping their heart rate down on the stepmill at the medical, not on the cpat. I cant remember exactly where it was on the forum, but i think the numbers where in the range of 50 emts would take the medical in one day, and the amount that passed was in the single digits.

  18. #3498
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quick question fellas,

    I was just reading about the fdny 6019 test and it said that they announced 220 eligibles for the academy out of the first 800+ list numbers. Can someone explain what happen to the other 600 people who were denied entry into academy? Is it all cause of tangible reasons such as CPAT and such or was it subjective decisions? If its the latter than its a little scary to believe you can be list #1 and be denied.

  19. #3499
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Bottom line for OC guys, just prepare for the summer. I don't see another class of entirely EMS going in. Mayyyyyyyybe 50 mixed in with you guys. Let the EMS guys go in and get the **** kicked out of them and get the instructors all warmed up for you. I hope that everyone scores as high as they thought they did. If you get that list number and its under 1000 start getting amped for summer 2013. Its suppose to be a hot one! Yeww!
    PS I hope I make it to The Rock this winter...
    FdnytolifeE293 likes this.

  20. #3500
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    Quick question fellas,

    I was just reading about the fdny 6019 test and it said that they announced 220 eligibles for the academy out of the first 800+ list numbers. Can someone explain what happen to the other 600 people who were denied entry into academy? Is it all cause of tangible reasons such as CPAT and such or was it subjective decisions? If its the latter than its a little scary to believe you can be list #1 and be denied.
    It isn't necessarily that the other candidates were "denied entry" but that some took longer than others to process and some just didn't bother going through the process in the first place. They want to make sure they have enough bodies for a full class by the time the class begins. If you move through the process slower but make it through investigation, you'll just be put into the next class. You won't be dropped from the list. This is precisely what happened to my brother and to more than one friend.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 60 users browsing this thread. (16 members and 44 guests)

  1. 40&OUT,
  2. bacon,
  3. Bee1985,
  4. Britches,
  5. cjr,
  6. EKFCASPER,
  7. Gheech,
  8. JDNY13,
  9. JRodPizza ,
  10. Matador611,
  11. mocon337,
  12. MuscleHamster,
  13. nptks,
  14. NycQ83,
  15. ready4fire,
  16. Smoove

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:08 AM
  2. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  3. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  4. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 11:16 AM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts