Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 176 of 1209 FirstFirst ... 761261661731741751761771781791862262766761176 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 24174
Like Tree9405Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    Bottom line for OC guys, just prepare for the summer. I don't see another class of entirely EMS going in. Mayyyyyyyybe 50 mixed in with you guys. Let the EMS guys go in and get the **** kicked out of them and get the instructors all warmed up for you. I hope that everyone scores as high as they thought they did. If you get that list number and its under 1000 start getting amped for summer 2013. Its suppose to be a hot one! Yeww!
    PS I hope I make it to The Rock this winter...
    Jerkalert yes you are right, there will only be one full EMS class so anyone here who is trying to wait it out to start training, get your *** off the couch, you better get your ish together NOW not later. These instructors are anxious to get these classes going so they can chew some people up! Don't be the one that has to go through the embarrassment of returning your gear at the FDNY clothing store because you were in lack of physical shape.
    Last edited by Jukez; 10-04-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Jerkalert yes you are right, there will only be one full EMS class so anyone here who is trying to wait it out to start training, get your *** off the couch, you better get your ish together NOW not later. These instructors are anxious to get these classes going so they can chew some people up! Don't be the one that has to go through the embarrassment of returning your gear at the FDNY clothing store because you were in lack of physical shape.

I'm not sure this is too accurate. According to the instructors at the rock they are processing a class for January and another one in June. They are anticipating both classes being promotional and possibly some promotional candidates left over for the third. Obviously everything is speculative but I can't see 400 promotionals who have been waiting for this opportunity for over 4 years being unprepared. Either way I wish everyone the best. For every lazy candidate who hasn't been preparing there are hundreds of guys waiting patiently to blow past them. Good luck all

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrokeMedic View Post
    I'm not sure this is too accurate. According to the instructors at the rock they are processing a class for January and another one in June. They are anticipating both classes being promotional and possibly some promotional candidates left over for the third. Obviously everything is speculative but I can't see 400 promotionals who have been waiting for this opportunity for over 4 years being unprepared. Either way I wish everyone the best. For every lazy candidate who hasn't been preparing there are hundreds of guys waiting patiently to blow past them. Good luck all
    I was reading a few months back that there are rules in places saying that they can't have a full promotion class because it would be unfair to the regular list.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrokeMedic View Post
    The EMS promo success rate is about 2-1 so to even get to one full class of 300 they would need to go through at least 600. Since only about 900 passed the 2500 promo test there's no way you get 2 full classes out of the promo list. Aside from that the city cannot afford to loose that many guys over the next 7-8 months from the EMS ranks, they would be dangerously depleted.

Lets remember the first class off 6019 only had about 80 EMS promos, yes, its been a while and this one will certainly have more but the idea that they get even close to 600 plus EMS guys to fill 2 classes in the next half a year is ludicrous.

I completely agree that the EMS guys and gals should get first crack at it and have absolutely earned that right through years of working their asses off and saving lives. That being said even with about 900 passing promo 2500 the max the FDNY gets from EMS to fill their ranks is 450. And that's pushing it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FutureFirefighter2000 View Post
    I was reading a few months back that there are rules in places saying that they can't have a full promotion class because it would be unfair to the regular list.
    It's in their contract so if they have enough personel for 3 classes then that's exactly what they will have. But they only have 600 up for promotion but IMO they will barely make 1 class.
    Last edited by Jukez; 10-04-2012 at 10:54 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

EMS is hiring heavily. EMS has a class going in this week and another in January, likely to be followed by another.

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Aside from that the city cannot afford to loose that many guys over the next 7-8 months from the EMS ranks, they would be dangerously depleted.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jremNY View Post
    EMS is hiring heavily. EMS has a class going in this week and another in January, likely to be followed by another.
    Fair enough, but the max they can promote over the next 4 years are the 869 that passed. So at your best possible rate of 2-1 that still doesn't make 2 full classes.

Forum Member

What training techniques are you guys doing to prepare for the CPAT besides the obvious stairmaster?

How soon do you think they will call for the CPAT after we receive our scores and list number for first class?

Forum Member

Who ever is in charge of the joinFDNY account on Facebook must hate their life's right about now. All I see is person after person asking the same exact question lol. Scroll down dammit!
    BrokeMedic likes this.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

IMO, we wont see the oc list get touched for another year. Reason is because after promo list goes to the Rock, most likely the priority hires will have a crack at it. Today is the last day of the fairness hearing, anyone that went please enlighten us with what the judge's decision was.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    IMO, we wont see the oc list get touched for another year. Reason is because after promo list goes to the Rock, most likely the priority hires will have a crack at it. Today is the last day of the fairness hearing, anyone that went please enlighten us with what the judge's decision was.
    The judge was never making a decision at this "hearing". It was just yet another chance for him to grandstand and garner media attention while putting up the facade of seeming fair and objective. There is zero chance of him turning over or adjusting his own ruling that's not why he called this "fairness hearing". The real decision will come when the 2nd circuit appeals court rules on this in the coming months. They have the power to throw the judge off the case and or reverse his ruling. Which if there is still justice in this country they will.

When that happens those priority hires will be out of luck and can go back to sitting on their @$$es for another 10 years.
    vekdoggs75 and CableGuy516 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    It isn't necessarily that the other candidates were "denied entry" but that some took longer than others to process and some just didn't bother going through the process in the first place. They want to make sure they have enough bodies for a full class by the time the class begins. If you move through the process slower but make it through investigation, you'll just be put into the next class. You won't be dropped from the list. This is precisely what happened to my brother and to more than one friend.
    This is correct - the process isn't a 1 day walk in the park, which many people aren't aware of unfortunately. The amount of paperwork and trips to Metrotech one must make is obviously going to be a problem for the people who just took the exam to take it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Who ever is in charge of the joinFDNY account on Facebook must hate their life's right about now. All I see is person after person asking the same exact question lol. Scroll down dammit!
    Yes, but the important thing to note is that they keep saying DCAS will mail scores "in a couple weeks" so if they have their information right, we should all hold our breath. Won't know anything for a while, still...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    The judge was never making a decision at this "hearing". It was just yet another chance for him to grandstand and garner media attention while putting up the facade of seeming fair and objective. There is zero chance of him turning over or adjusting his own ruling that's not why he called this "fairness hearing". The real decision will come when the 2nd circuit appeals court rules on this in the coming months. They have the power to throw the judge off the case and or reverse his ruling. Which if there is still justice in this country they will.

When that happens those priority hires will be out of luck and can go back to sitting on their @$$es for another 10 years.
    Yeap. All this hearing did was put more bad publicity on the judge. Every news article that i have read have so far been against his stupid ruling. I dont seem to recall even one comment or any type of support for the vulcans or the judge. 2nd circuit will most likely throw him off the case and the OC list should be touched soon (i hope).

Forum Member

When does the Chief get published? Every Friday?

Forum Member

Guys/Girls, just a quick heads up. The CPAT is a joke compared to what they will expect from you in the academy. Don't train for the CPAT. Train so that the CPAT is the least of your concern. My class was pre-CPAT, so we didn't do it until the end before graduation. No one failed and most never even broke a sweat.

Get a vest and walk up and down stairs for 20 minutes everyday and do that while you keep running and doing light weight, high repetition lifting.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bellestoria View Post
    When does the Chief get published? Every Friday?
    Online Monday night, newsstands Tuesday.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Guys/Girls, just a quick heads up. The CPAT is a joke compared to what they will expect from you in the academy. Don't train for the CPAT. Train so that the CPAT is the least of your concern. My class was pre-CPAT, so we didn't do it until the end before graduation. No one failed and most never even broke a sweat.

Get a vest and walk up and down stairs for 20 minutes everyday and do that while you keep running and doing light weight, high repetition lifting.
    Thanks for posting on here even thou you are already on. When you say 20 minutes, do you mean the whole 75 pounds for 20 minutes straight on the step mill?

Forum Member

anyone else wearing out a path to their mailbox?

Forum Member

Thanks. I have a feeling we might get it from the paper before it hits our mailbox.....doesnt seem to be something we're goign to be able to find online.

Thread Information