Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 178 of 1209 FirstFirst ... 781281681751761771781791801811882282786781178 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 24169
Like Tree9404Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

If you guys really want to get ****ed about this whole controversy, read this crap I just found on Huffinton Post written by some jackass - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/blacka...b_1937709.html

Her mention of legacy points is a clear indication she has absolutely ZERO knowledge regarding this subject.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    If you guys really want to get ****ed about this whole controversy, read this crap I just found on Huffinton Post written by some jackass - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/blacka...b_1937709.html

Her mention of legacy points is a clear indication she has absolutely ZERO knowledge regarding this subject.
    Huffington Post is disgustingly liberal. Jesus that was a frustrating read, especially this:

In defending itself against charges of discriminatory practices, FDNY has argued blacks and Latinos did not pass entrance exams, suggesting either group does not have the intellectual capacity to pass the test. But what FDNY failed to mention is that their legacy hires -- white firefighters with friends and family ties -- are given preferential treatment when they fail exams, and are hired and promoted anyway. What about their intellectual capacity, when they don't pass the test?

Forum Member

If anyone on this forum knows someone who has ever been hired with legacy points, I would forward this to them. That blog is a slap in the face to any man or woman on the job today whose relative passed away in the line of duty. That's the type of ignorance that should be blasted yet the liberals on the Huff Post publish that ****?

Forum Member

Has anyone gotten there letter yet? I'm nervous as hell!!

Forum Member

If anyone on this forum knows someone who has ever been hired with legacy points, I would forward this to them. That blog is a slap in the face to any man or woman on the job today whose relative passed away in the line of duty. That's the type of ignorance that should be blasted yet the liberals on the Huff Post publish that ****?
    That's disgusting. When people make up their own facts, it's hard to take them seriously.

Forum Member

I don't know if she is even talking about legacy points. I think she is just insinuating that every one who is white and knows some one gets in. Which is equally as stupid. How can a person write an article with out knowing any facts what so ever.
    She should be forced to write a retraction.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 10-04-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Forum Member

Pick an amount of time, it doesn't have to be specific. The point is; train to far exceed the expectations of the CPAT.

When you begin the academy, you will start a program called FST. You will complete a course that is similar to the CPAT, but longer and harder. You will complete it while wearing full bunker gear and a mask on your back. Eventually you will complete this course while wearing a face piece on air. For a lot of people, FST is one of the harder activities you'll endure. You will do it once a week....unless you suck, then they'll push you through it a few times a week.

If you excersize regularly and run regularly, none of this should be too hard. If you're daunted by a 5k, you're in trouble, start working harder.
    kd44 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I don't know if she is even talking about legacy points. I think she is just insinuating that every one who is white and knows some one gets in. Which is equally as stupid. How can a person write an article with out knowing any facts what so ever.
    She should be forced to write a retraction.
    She's a moron, but for a publication such as the Huffington Post to release this kind of garbage without vetting the accusations is mind boggling. I actually left a comment on the bottom of the article, and now I see that it's been removed. I love these cowards who post these crap blogs and then refuse to stand up when someone confronts them over their facts.

Forum Member

she should write merit matters

The list is out brothers, check the chief online.
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyHollow View Post
    Just got my number. Great find SleepyHollow

53X - FXCK YEAH!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by donlowadastandadz View Post

"It's worth noting that the total percentage of minorities on this likely-to-be considered list is nearly identical to the percentage that took the Open Competitive exam."

As it literally was the last goddamn time!! I'm speechless right now...

"I swear to god sometimes I think I'm f'n cursed" -Mr. White (Reservoir Dogs)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyHollow View Post
    wow i was looking for 2 days straight and it ends up on there now.... top 1100 names listed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post

53X - FXCK YEAH!!!!
    Congrats man.

IFR
    MembersZone Subscriber

They only have the top 1,100 up. Unless im not looking in the right place. I don't have any extra points, so I know I wont be in those top numbers. Any guesses as to when they will realse the rest or if they will?

Forum Member

Great find, sucks it's only the top 1,100

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IFR View Post
    They only have the top 1,100 up. Unless im not looking in the right place. I don't have any extra points, so I know I wont be in those top numbers. Any guesses as to when they will realse the rest or if they will?
    I believe the entire list has been released but that The Chief is only publishing the first 1100 names as an arbitrary limit for their website. I feel comfortable venturing a guess that everyone will get their scores and list numbers in the mail within a matter of days.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post

53X - FXCK YEAH!!!!
    congrats bro. what were your scores on protest day if you dont mind me asking?

Forum Member

NYC thirteen, you only got like 2 wrong right? just trying to estimate how the people above you scored?

Forget it, found your old post.

Thread Information