Like Tree9858Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kocor321 View Post
    This is somewhat off topic, but look at this scumbags' videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/tubor1959?feature=watch
    Lol that dude is a dick !!!! I'm passing tonight on my truck through e86 st

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    What are some of the predictions of what list numbers that they might reach on the open competitive ?
    The first and only class from the last exam had 315.....only 225 of them were from the open competitive list and they reached list # 886. Thats a 1 in 4 ratio (approx). They will be hiring every 5 months for next 4 years with approx 315 or more per class. Plus as soon as the first class graduates these senior guys will be putting their papers in because they have been doing great #'s for their final pensionable years.

The FDNY stated they want to hire 2500 off the 4 year life of the list
    My1Goal likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Depan395 View Post
    Does anyone know if a nypd pysch DQ prevent one from getting on fdny?
    some people I asked in the NYPD investigation dept says it shouldn't. I dunno what FD says
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 10-19-2012 at 10:58 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    Na I'm a monster lol. I can bench almost twice my weight. Been lifting 4 days a week since I was 17
    was just gonna say that, strength is a weird thing in that you don't have to be big, its all about nervous system recruitment and efficiency. How much do you weigh and how do you bench out of curiosity? what about deadlift and squat?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2000 View Post
    "This test was engineered to produce a pre-determined outcome and should be challenged by those with standing to do so."

Does Paul Mannix want us to be in limbo for another 4 years? Hopefully no one heeds his advice or we will have another vulcan situation.
    no he is pointing out how ridiculous the non cognitive portion was, and how they should take it off. Not that this will happen but it should. And any one who says differently just did well on it. If you did well on the cognitive portion then you should be happy to do the right thing. This is about the FD in general and about America and our civil rights.

sorry for the triple post but had to reply to this. by the way not an attack at you bro, just wanted to comment on the situation.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 10-19-2012 at 11:00 PM.
    ffbam24 likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    some people I asked in the NYPD investigation dept says it shouldn't. I dunno what FD says
    You'll be fine. NYPD psych is total bs. Trust me. And according to FD, PD psych has no bearing on their psych, so you can relax.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Yeah good I mean really I'm a cop now and the DQ me for using Ritalin 22 yeahs ago F them.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    was just gonna say that, strength is a weird thing in that you don't have to be big, its all about nervous system recruitment and efficiency. How much do you weigh and how do you bench out of curiosity? what about deadlift and squat?
    Yeah what pretty much happened is I used to be 230 and pushing around a bit over my weight and I started this diet called keto and dropped 60 pounds in about a year. But the great thing about the diet is I didn't lose any strength. So it deff has nothing to do with size. I go to a juicebag Staten island gym and I'm pretty much the smallest guy there but pushing around the same weight as them. So yeah I'm about 170, arbell bench up to about 250 on my last set. Deadlift and squat 2 plates on each side.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    You'll be fine. NYPD psych is total bs. Trust me. And according to FD, PD psych has no bearing on their psych, so you can relax.
    I didnt ask that question some one else did, I just commented. but thanks for the info
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Yeah good I mean really I'm a cop now and the DQ me for using Ritalin 22 yeahs ago F them.
    Who DQed you? How are you a cop if they Dqed you? Turn your PMs please.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    Yeah what pretty much happened is I used to be 230 and pushing around a bit over my weight and I started this diet called keto and dropped 60 pounds in about a year. But the great thing about the diet is I didn't lose any strength. So it deff has nothing to do with size. I go to a juicebag Staten island gym and I'm pretty much the smallest guy there but pushing around the same weight as them. So yeah I'm about 170, arbell bench up to about 250 on my last set. Deadlift and squat 2 plates on each side.
    I bench the same, I can deadlift 3plates for reps but keep hurting my back on squatting. I am 195 but 5'7 so I would guess I have to lose 20 pounds or more. I am sure than will happen on its own when I start running

Sorry for the triple post didn't realize I did that again, can some one tell me how to quote multiple people in one post?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

The icon next to "Reply With Quote" that looks like a quote and a plus sign. Click that as many times on as many posts on the the same page as you want. When you reach your last quote, click the "Reply With Quote" to take you to the response page.

And you've got to curl that butt up when dead lifting or squatting. Your back was meant to be arched when carrying a load. It's how the backbone is built and is stronger when arched back. Reach that booty for the sky. It may sound dumb but girls are better built to carry a load based on their wide stance (hips) and booty shelf so you have to mimick that. Get a wide stance and drop your hips. Really protect that back. Source: Had a true weightlifter/bodybuilder tell me she was jealous of my form. It's kind of hard to explain over the internet. Definitely seek professional help that they can monitor you especially if you're using that kind of weight. Back injuries are career ending.
    Dannyvale likes this.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    The icon next to "Reply With Quote" that looks like a quote and a plus sign. Click that as many times on as many posts on the the same page as you want. When you reach your last quote, click the "Reply With Quote" to take you to the response page.

And you've got to curl that butt up when dead lifting or squatting. Your back was meant to be arched when carrying a load. It's how the backbone is built and is stronger when arched back. Reach that booty for the sky. It may sound dumb but girls are better built to carry a load based on their wide stance (hips) and booty shelf so you have to mimick that. Get a wide stance and drop your hips. Really protect that back. Source: Had a true weightlifter/bodybuilder tell me she was jealous of my form. It's kind of hard to explain over the internet. Definitely seek professional help that they can monitor you especially if you're using that kind of weight. Back injuries are career ending.
    I have been to a starting strength seminar. I know to keep my self in lumbar extension, its more of me either going to low because I cant see myself or leaning forward at the bottom as a result of the ROM feeling too short. Plan to practice again tom because my legs are getting like jello.
    FDNYPD likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Well I never recieved any paperwork stating that but my wife had a baby out first son and I call the BI to update my info. She told me I was DQ I. July! So I asked for what she said physch, then I asked what exactly failed me she had no clue. I called her sgt up this past Friday no answer and no call back yet. I am appealing this. Like I said I have been a cop for almost 6 years in the DC area I was born and rasied in NJ/NY and I want my son to be rasied the people here are the weirdest I have ever met and I want him far far away from it.

Forum Member

I'm using my phone so bear with me on the spelling junk

Forum Member

official letter from the city came today. I am on S.I. for reference.

Forum Member

Does anyone know when ems starts taking CPAT? Also I heard that a lot of the ems are failing the medical. Can anyone confirm that?

Forum Member

Does anyone know when ems starts taking CPAT? Also I heard that a lot of the ems are failing the medical. Can anyone confirm that?
    A EMS friend of mine told me about 2 guys who got DQed for age.... Seems like they are playing no games with requirements EVEN for EMS.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm using my phone so bear with me on the spelling junk
    Whew! I was going to say something along the lines of "You type out reports like that?" LOL
    What a relief!

I never took it, but from what others have said, the PD & FD test have no correllation and one doesn't influence the outcome of the other.

Forum Member

How did they group the scores? Was it random by lottery? I got a 102, but my list number is well over a thousand where as others with the same score are in the 700's.

Did I just get unlucky?

Forum Member

Lol my reports are solid. Lol I lost 65 pounds for this job I want to be a fireman nothing else. I hate being a cop I really do it was cool at first but after a few year I realize we all are miserable. My dad was PAPD loved his job but says now the job has changed and its not good anymore.

Forum Member

We will supposedly start doing the official runs at DCAS in mid November. DCAS and HQ have said this, but nothing has shown up in the mail yet. Medicals are scheduled for a similar time frame. No one has failed either yet, people may be making guesses as to what is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    A EMS friend of mine told me about 2 guys who got DQed for age.... Seems like they are playing no games with requirements EVEN for EMS.
    How could they? They are making everything in this process as bullet proof as possible. They can't risk another law suit or to have the hiring process hindered in some other way.

Quote Originally Posted by eng1irons View Post
    How did they group the scores? Was it random by lottery? I got a 102, but my list number is well over a thousand where as others with the same score are in the 700's.

Did I just get unlucky?
    My understanding was that they did it the same way that the department breaks ties in seniority, they used the last # of your social, so if someone out there had a last 5 of "00001" they would be pretty lucky. Regardless you got a 102, you'll be reached.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    official letter from the city came today. I am on S.I. for reference.
    Official letter came in today also

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    My understanding was that they did it the same way that the department breaks ties in seniority, they used the last # of your social, so if someone out there had a last 5 of "00001" they would be pretty lucky. Regardless you got a 102, you'll be reached.
    I know i'll be reached, i'm just hoping it's before i'm at top pay with pd. 700 names with the same score could the difference between a class or even two.

Forum Member

Probably just one. And I know the feeling. I will hit top pay this July if I stay in EMS, but if everything goes right I'll be enjoying base pay in January. It hurts but if it's what ya really want then...

Thread Information