Like Tree9587Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Probably just one. And I know the feeling. I will hit top pay this July if I stay in EMS, but if everything goes right I'll be enjoying base pay in January. It hurts but if it's what ya really want then...
    Salary doesn't carry over from EMS?? I know they stopped it for us, but I thought for sure it carried over for you guys (same way corrections carries over to us).

Forum Member

I was reading that article by Paul mannix and I agree with alot of what he said BUT that section where he states that recidency points were meant to help minorities is plain simple stupid. First of all alot of whites from the 5 boroughs take this test as well and with those extra 5 points they get on the job. NOW, a minority can easily say that the sibling and parent legacy points is not fair as well just because 90% of the whole department was whites and it was Mostly whites who passed away in 9/11. I'm all for not hiring those who don't deserve it but how can we fight for a job which WE DON'T HAVE.....
    Last edited by Jukez; 10-20-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by eng1irons View Post
    I know i'll be reached, i'm just hoping it's before i'm at top pay with pd. 700 names with the same score could the difference between a class or even two.
    yeah man im in the same boat as you, im in late 2xxx's and got about a year an d a half to top pay , its a long shot but hoping to get on before i hit it... but as far as now im trying not to think about money and just focus on how much better it would be to be a FF

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    some people I asked in the NYPD investigation dept says it shouldn't. I dunno what FD says
    I was also wondering this as well, I am list number 3XX, and I got DQ'ed on the psych for NYPD like 5 years ago. I'm not crazy or anything, I was completely honest and said I had tried MJ when I was in HS and mother put me in therapy when I was a child, just cause she felt like it, no reason, no meds. I don't know if they didn't like that combo or what. Now here I am with a good list number but I got arrested for a misdemeanor 3 years ago, so I'm not feeling too confident....Will they go look at my NYPD investigation file ? Not that I would lie but some stuff was so long ago that I don't remember like if i put 5 or 10 times, you know?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyvale View Post
    Official letter came in today also
    My letter came in also. I'm in Queens. I assume everyone will get theirs in the next few days, depending on where you are.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Starting to think about how those of us who have a chance of being called in for processing (medical, CPAT, investigation) for the first OC class should prepare. Who knows how many of us that will be - anywhere from the first few hundred to one thousand on the list, perhaps. Chances are we could get the package by January, which will come before we know it. This is what I'm doing:

1. Continuing to keep in shape. Less weights, more metcon. Crossfit and PFT type exercises, running 3 or 4 miles at a stretch, trying to maintain 8 minute(ish) pace the entire time.

2. Getting all of the paperwork in order that I might need so I don't need to scramble. Ordering college and grad school transcripts, etc. My high school diploma? Jeez, I don't even know where to begin with that one than to go down to my rat-trap of a high school and have them give me a duplicate…

3. Not looking at this thread every few hours. Like watching the second hand of a clock.

Am I missing anything?
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pdtofd2000 View Post
    yeah man im in the same boat as you, im in late 2xxx's and got about a year an d a half to top pay , its a long shot but hoping to get on before i hit it... but as far as now im trying not to think about money and just focus on how much better it would be to be a FF
    im jumping ship too lol its crazy how they changed the rule to deter us and it still doesnt matter

Forum Member

also got my official results today

Forum Member

Got the results in the mail today too
    Test: 2000
    Score: 99
    List #: 38xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Depan395 View Post
    Well I never recieved any paperwork stating that but my wife had a baby out first son and I call the BI to update my info. She told me I was DQ I. July! So I asked for what she said physch, then I asked what exactly failed me she had no clue. I called her sgt up this past Friday no answer and no call back yet. I am appealing this. Like I said I have been a cop for almost 6 years in the DC area I was born and rasied in NJ/NY and I want my son to be rasied the people here are the weirdest I have ever met and I want him far far away from it.
    are you on psych review or just disqualified? take the test again so you have another shot if you are young enough. I have heard of people failing several times and then passing. Take corrections also, I have heard of people getting corrections after being Dqed from PD then redoing PD and making it in.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 10-20-2012 at 07:46 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    Starting to think about how those of us who have a chance of being called in for processing (medical, CPAT, investigation) for the first OC class should prepare. Who knows how many of us that will be - anywhere from the first few hundred to one thousand on the list, perhaps. Chances are we could get the package by January, which will come before we know it. This is what I'm doing:

1. Continuing to keep in shape. Less weights, more metcon. Crossfit and PFT type exercises, running 3 or 4 miles at a stretch, trying to maintain 8 minute(ish) pace the entire time.

2. Getting all of the paperwork in order that I might need so I don't need to scramble. Ordering college and grad school transcripts, etc. My high school diploma? Jeez, I don't even know where to begin with that one than to go down to my rat-trap of a high school and have them give me a duplicate…

3. Not looking at this thread every few hours. Like watching the second hand of a clock.

Am I missing anything?

I'm doing 4 HIIT classes a week, about 40-45 minutes each class.

Running 3-4x a week, I never ran before so I am behind on that, 3 days of "longer" (for me) distance runs, I'm at about 2.5M now. I can run a mile in under 6 minutes, but the longer distances give me trouble.

1x a week I work on body weight back/chest exercises
    1x a week I do a strictly legs work out (squats, straight legged deadlifts, leg press, calf work out)

2x a week I hit up the stair stepper. Come January I'll try to get at least 1 more day, if not 2 for stairs. Or maybe add in biking once a week, biking is a great way to improve leg strength, but it can take a good amount of time 40-45 min and you're only hitting one body part.

I like hearing what other ppl on the forum are doing for their workouts because everyone I know personally isn't really in to fitness so they all think I'm really killing it with my routine but I prefer to think there are a lot of people out there doing just as much, if not more. It'll help me keep my foot on the pedal.

Forum Member

Got my results today in the mail and I'm from Long Island

Forum Member

Got my results today, no breakdown at all. What a set up.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

I live on Staten Island an I received my official letter today.

Forum Member

Hey guys I just read this today http://meritmattersusa.blogspot.com/...-test.html?m=1 and I don't quite understand it. I was hoping someone would clarify, does this mean merit matters wants the test to be thrown out or are they just giving a brief overview on how messed up this test came to be? Cause I'm tired of waiting and it would be heart wrenching if they try to throw it out.

Forum Member

It basically states that.. The exam 2000 was "rigged" to allow certain groups to achieve a higher score, and that the vulcans gave out test prep material on how to answer the personality questions to obtain a better score... Info that wasn't available to white candidates.. It's sort of like a FYI.. Here's what's going on.

Forum Member

I got my letter today and put it up on the fridge.
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

```````````````````````````````````
    Last edited by Geschaefer; 01-03-2014 at 08:09 PM.

Forum Member

I got my results today and I'm in Western PA. I wish I would have had the "coaching."

Does anyone know if we can find out what our score breakdowns are? I'm hoping I can write in a challenge to gain a point or two. I'm guessing my mistakes were on the personality section, I don't think I used "strongly" in enough of my answers.

I feel like a moron for not getting the 97%

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    It basically states that.. The exam 2000 was "rigged" to allow certain groups to achieve a higher score, and that the vulcans gave out test prep material on how to answer the personality questions to obtain a better score... Info that wasn't available to white candidates.. It's sort of like a FYI.. Here's what's going on.
    im 100% irish and live in nassau and i took the vulcans class and got many dirty looks but it helped me get my 97%

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    im 100% irish and live in nassau and i took the vulcans class and got many dirty looks but it helped me get my 97%

Honestly, I wish I never went to that Vulcan prep. I knew how to answer these questions from the start, being at the Vulcan prep only confused me more because he did say to answer those questions in an honest way. I knew I had to lie my a $ $ off on that chity exam. Well as far as the personality questions goes at least. I would of had a 99 for sure, if I answered the way I knew I had to answer which was lying the whole time.
    Last edited by FdnytolifeE293; 10-21-2012 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geschaefer View Post
    I dont see anywhere where is is said in this writeup that the test should be thrown out.
    I believe as afar as the test is concerned that they are pointing out the severe and obvious flaws such as the equal scoring of non cognitive questions.
    Additionally; the coaching and favored events that some groupe were privileged to.

I agree that having another test thrown out would be heartbreaking.
    But as an intelligent and proud person; who scored in the top 3k of this test... I feel like I won top prize at a shyte eating contest. (yes I won, and there are rewards..but.. ive just been fed shyte) and its not sitting very well.
    Dont get me wrong; im grateful; and I cannot stop thinking of all the poor bastards who were screwed in out of a job / oportunity.
    But I cannot bring myself to find pride in scoring high on a test for morons. - what exactly does that make me?
    You earned your score on the cognitive part, its just the other part that needs to be thrown out but won't be
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

So rumor has it that the promo list might not have enough eligible canidates to fill the first class, workout ppl you might be getting called sooner then you think!

Forum Member

Good news for all of you on the open comp list, the ems list is being picked through very quickly. My investigator told me 130 are already disqualified for administrative reasons. The medical and cpat for ems are being held in November with everyone to be processed by Dec 15. The ems list is being exhausted very quickly and may not have much of an impact on the second class.
    Exam 2500
    List: 10x
    Medical: Passed
    CPAT: 7:50 Passed
    Candidate run: 9:30
    Class: 1/14/2013?

Forum Member

To add to what BKLYNBOY said, it is true and the first class may only be of 200-250 candidates. Not a full 320.
    Exam 2500
    List: 10x
    Medical: Passed
    CPAT: 7:50 Passed
    Candidate run: 9:30
    Class: 1/14/2013?

Thread Information