Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 182 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 821321721791801811821831841851922322826821182 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,640 of 24135
Like Tree9400Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Default WOw...

Any other Michael J. Murray's around because if not I'm 1021
    nycthirteen likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    EMS used to be the backdoor. Now its the way.
    How I see it; unless you're incredibly lucky, or have military experience, EMS is your only option. Too many people are jobless, and the job and it's benefits are priceless.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    At least you didn't have 10 extra for disabled vet, and still didn't crack 1100 If I don't make top 3,500 or so I might swan dive off the new trade center building.
    I see your location as PA. Do you live in NY state or city? In order to qualify for those points, you need to. It's a nuance of the civil service laws, many candidates are unaware.

Forum Member

Hey fellas,

I hope all you guys and gals did great! If not don'tworry its only 1/8 of the eligible list.
    List nunber 8xx... See you there baby
    zachryw2001 and nycthirteen like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Does anyone know if they can change the credits received if DCAS messed them up?
    Zachry,
    Like BrooklynBorn mentioned, there is a number for you to call to speak with Vet Liaison. That being said, if you are in the first 1100 you'll probably start processing in the first or second batch of candidates anyway. I don't have the Vet Liaison number on me at the moment but Investigations is 718.999.1146 - they've passed me off to the Vet folks they'll do the same with you. Give them a ring. But you are good to go regardless.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Does anyone know if they can change the credits received if DCAS messed them up?
    If it was their fault I can't imagine why they would not make the change. However, you have a decision to make. You can only use your vets points one time to obtain a position. You can use them to initially join the dept as a firefighter or you can save them and use them for promotion. You can't use them twice. It seems you will have a great chance at the FF position without the points. So you may want to save them for a promotional exam. You get half the points for promotion. For example if you get 10 points for being a disabled vet you would get 5 points for promotion.
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RNmurr View Post
    Any other Michael J. Murray's around because if not I'm 1021
    Not for nothing, it's a whole different Department if there are only two people named Murray in the first 1100 of the list...
    Leather_4_Ever likes this.

Forum Member

ok so I didn't attend a review. I have no idea whats going on but I think I made the top 1100. I did say that i had residency at the end of the exam but did not prove it because lack of paperwork. Are they still factoring in the 5 points to my exam even though I did not prove residency?

Forum Member

Yeah but Michael J. Murray??? I am going to be so ****ed if its someone else named the exact ****ing name

Forum Member

ok so I didn't attend a review. I have no idea whats going on but I think I made the top 1100. I did say that i had residency at the end of the exam but did not prove it because lack of paperwork. Are they still factoring in the 5 points to my exam even though I did not prove residency?
    If you claimed residency than you were given credit for it. You have to prove it during investigation - if you fail to prove it they deduct the extra points and drop your score/list number back. So if you claimed it and did well enough to show up in the first 1100, you should show up.

Forum Member

Yeah but Michael J. Murray??? I am going to be so ****ed if its someone else named the exact ****ing name
    Haha - Michael J. Murray. There is probably one of you in each Division I'm sure it's you, brother. Don't sweat it. But you'll get absolute confirmation in the mail in a day or so.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firehouse_Chick View Post
    I see your location as PA. Do you live in NY state or city? In order to qualify for those points, you need to. It's a nuance of the civil service laws, many candidates are unaware.
    In order to qualify for veterans you must first meet the criteria outlined by the civil service comm. and..

Be a Resident at the time of Appointment..That is in the notice of examination, as well as told to me directly from a DCAS official via phone call when I initially filed for the exam.

Forum Member

So what does someone who is number 1101 and above? Do we just sit around and wait for mail? or what?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by retired senior View Post
    This is interesting information. All the low 200s have a 105 score. Regular veterans credit is 5 points and residency is 5 points. So, if my reasoning is correct, the score for 9pc and 2nc would be 95 without any credits. Of course there is the variable as to whether any of those 9pc or 2nc were discarded in the review/protest process.
    iam not gonna question it thats for sure, maybe my 9pc some got overturned or someting i got a 105

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    So what does someone who is number 1101 and above? Do we just sit around and wait for mail? or what?
    Honestly man, in PA I'd be very surprised if you don't have official mail by the weekend. Don't sweat it too much, the time between now and when you know is minuscule compared to the time between now and when ANY of us enter the academy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by I3akdraf View Post
    Congrats Myles, this is great for you. I know it's been a long journey for you since the 6019 fiasco. Get some.
    i really appreciate that, still dont wanna get to excited....anything is possible

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    iam not gonna question it thats for sure, maybe my 9pc some got overturned or someting i got a 105
    How are you guys figuring out how much each question is worth.?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    How are you guys figuring out how much each question is worth.?
    i have no idea of the value of each, i honestly was hoping for anything in the 1000s-700s and past my name several times

MembersZone Subscriber

Congrats to those who made the top 1100. I am just glad that the list is out and we will all be getting notice of how we did real soon. I for one who has no residency hope that I can be 8700. However low it's still a chance according to what has been suggested. Fingers crossed great news ahead in a few days.

Forum Member

So it has been a long time since I looked at my paperwork from 6019. But I just did. It seems my list number from 6019 and my list number for 200 are exactly 35 numbers different. Out of the 42,000 that took the test. That's weird.

Thread Information