Like Tree10467Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I heard they already reached into the 400's n only have 120 eligible to be promoted

Forum Member

The full 870 have been processed as of Friday (paperwork wise). Only about 350 meet the needed time requirements and 130 are DQ. So that 350 still needs to pass medicals and CPAT which at our weekly training at the rock 1 in 4 seem to be failing beyond help. Its only a month away. I would say the first 1000 or so of the open receive some kind of letter for processing in late January, and it will move fast for June. As of right now it is unknown if the academy will be 18 or 20 weeks, according to a LT at the rock it depends on if the state mandates 2 weeks of arson and evidence training as they did in the past.
    Exam 2500
    List: 10x
    Medical: Passed
    CPAT: 7:50 Passed
    Candidate run: 9:30
    Class: 1/14/2013?

Forum Member

The citys statement of everyone to #9000 to be considered might not be so far off. If you are in the 9000s or higher start hitting the gym and get your lasik or any other procedures done NOW. Focus on cardio, the are some strong looking guys that look like they are suffering during the sessions, and some lean guys who clearly focus on cardio that look like the could go another round at the Cpat easily.
    Exam 2500

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by thebigempty View Post
    To add to what BKLYNBOY said, it is true and the first class may only be of 200-250 candidates. Not a full 320.
    Bklynboy and Bigempty - thanks for the update. Great information to know, and more reason for everyone in the first thousand or so to get ready NOW.

Quick question - what are the reasons given for so many DQs? Is it just not enough time OTJ? Or other reasons? Wondering how that'll impact the OC list; if they're going to be super critical of certain aspects of our investigation or medical, would be good to have a sense of that now...
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    Bklynboy and Bigempty - thanks for the update. Great information to know, and more reason for everyone in the first thousand or so to get ready NOW.

Quick question - what are the reasons given for so many DQs? Is it just not enough time OTJ? Or other reasons? Wondering how that'll impact the OC list; if they're going to be super critical of certain aspects of our investigation or medical, would be good to have a sense of that now...
    Don't show up to the medical fat and out of shape...this is a very demanding job. it baffles my mind that people know they are going to get called and they don't do **** until its to late

Forum Member

The immediate DQs were age outs, any felonies (you can be ems with certain prior felonies NOT a FF), and not being full citizens (also can be ems with just working rights NOT a FF) from what i understand most DQs were age outs. There are another 200-300 that do not have 2 years on EMS to be promoted. Some only have a year this month.
    Dannyvale likes this.
    Exam 2500

Forum Member

Just stick around, the guys that are left still have cpat and medicals which means A LOT more will be DQed. Like I told everyone once before, I doubt they would even get a full class of EMS in....
    Last edited by Jukez; 10-21-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Forum Member

Default Eye Vision

This is the third time I read the word lasik in the last 3 pages of this forum... You cant wear glasses or contacts in the fdny???

I currently wear glasses but was going to purchase a few boxes of contacts before the medical/academy
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

Jukez is right, the first class is likely to be in the 200s.
    Exam 2500

Forum Member

Jukez is right, the first class is likely to be in the 200s.
    Too bad is too short notice to get a few of the OC guys up on that class also! That would be sweet for all of us!
    Dannyvale likes this.

Forum Member

The immediate DQs were age outs, any felonies (you can be ems with certain prior felonies NOT a FF), and not being full citizens (also can be ems with just working rights NOT a FF) from what i understand most DQs were age outs. There are another 200-300 that do not have 2 years on EMS to be promoted. Some only have a year this month.
    Cool - thanks. Do you know if the candidates are notified on the spot about the DQ or how long it takes to be notified? I'm relying on the age exemption for people who took 6019, otherwise I wouldn't qualify. Still paranoid they try to pull a fast one on a technicality with that one…
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Too bad is too short notice to get a few of the OC guys up on that class also! That would be sweet for all of us!
    I don't know… since they have now processed all of the eligibles from the Promo List, I won't be surprised if they call in the first few hundred off of the OC list to see if they can process them in time. It's not like they have any reason to wait - if candidates from the OC don't make it to the first class, at least investigations is ahead of the game in candidates for the second class...
    List # 53X

Forum Member

I don't know… since they have now processed all of the eligibles from the Promo List, I won't be surprised if they call in the first few hundred off of the OC list to see if they can process them in time. It's not like they have any reason to wait - if candidates from the OC don't make it to the first class, at least investigations is ahead of the game in candidates for the second class...
    Trust me I want to be hopeful as much as you bro but we also have to be realistic about this. The process takes a few months to complete so the chances are slim to non. If they were to call atleast 400 from the OC then I'm probably secured a spot for December which is great. I aways wanted to be in a winter class lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Trust me I want to be hopeful as much as you bro but we also have to be realistic about this. The process takes a few months to complete so the chances are slim to non. If they were to call atleast 400 from the OC then I'm probably secured a spot for December which is great. I aways wanted to be in a winter class lol
    Fair enough - without any hiccups, I could be in the first class drawn from OC (fingers crossed for no BS). I'm being hopeful, but I'm also trying to make sure I'm prepared with paperwork and fitness-wise if I do get called in before January...
    List # 53X

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

I highly doubt they will touch the oc list until the first class goes in. You guys are forgetting about the priority hires, which will start getting processed soon enough. So, whatever is left over for the promo list I'm sure those guys will fill in.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

Bigempty is right the guys who are at randalls are very out of shape 1 in 4 maybe 1 in 5 will pass the cpat, i wouldnt get to stressed over the priority hires im pretty maybe 1/3 or 1/4 of that group will pass cpat and the medical

Forum Member

So what's the story bout age, so if you 28 you have one year to get picked up or until your 32. Any ideas

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Depan395 View Post
    So what's the story bout age, so if you 28 you have one year to get picked up or until your 32. Any ideas
    As long as you signed up for the test before your 29th and half year you should be good for as long as the list is still alive.

Forum Member

i heard that once the first class hits the 3 month point of there training there going to put in the second class in the academy so this way they can get 3.5-4 class done in a year

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    i heard that once the first class hits the 3 month point of there training there going to put in the second class in the academy so this way they can get 3.5-4 class done in a year
    That would be awesome, but where'd you hear that from? because the letter from the commissioner said it would be 2 classes of 300 per year.
    20xx

Forum Member

my father is on the job and he spoke to a guy that works at the rock last night
    Dannyvale likes this.

Forum Member

and they might be starting classes with about 325 people expecting many to quit the first week
    Dannyvale likes this.

Forum Member

My letter came in also. I'm in Queens. I assume everyone will get theirs in the next few days, depending on where you are.
    Which letter is everyone talking about?
    Grade: 97
    List#: 86##
    There is hope!

Forum Member

Keep the faith alive brothers, I hope everything I read the last few day is fact not fiction.

Forum Member

This is my question, 2400ff that covers the avg ret 40-50 a month. Now with 200millon in overtime being paid wouldn't fdny hire more then that so they don't have to pay that much OT?

Thread Information