Like Tree9834Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I was hoping you would say more than 2.

I was under the impression it was the last 3 years for the guys with retiring age.

im hoping there is a bunch of long island boys that were planning on using there friend/family's city address but wont be able to now

and i dont know for sure about all the different pension teirs but i know the one with guys that have 20 years or more is the average of their 3 best years

Forum Member

Do you guys know how flexible they are with the proof of residency for those under 21 @ time of application? All I have are W-2 forms and my H.S. Diploma, which is from a year before the requested period of 7/10-7/11.

Forum Member

What is the letter stating without being to detailed? Is it just for your test scores?

Forum Member

I'm pretty sure that they will ask for notarized papers from your parents stating that you were living there with them and maybe they will even ask THEM to send some papers to prove that THEY lived there as well lol. That's just my guess though

Forum Member

Candidates applying for New York City Residency Credit must provide any three of the following:
    • Mortgage in the candidate’s name valid during the 12-month period between July 1, 2010 and June 30, 2011
    • Cable bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Telephone bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Gas, electric or water utility bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Checking or savings account statements for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Credit card statements for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011 and
    • W-2 form(s) from the candidate’s employer for the 2010 and 2011 tax years.
    Candidates aged 21 or younger have the option of submitting three of the proofs listed above or, as an
    alternative, candidates who are 21 years of age or younger at the time of their application to take the exam may provide:
    (a) A diploma from a New York City Public High School; or
    (b) A transcript from a private high school in New York City showing a New York City address for the candidate; or
    (c) A GED certificate issued from a New York City institution during the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011 to a
    candidate who presents evidence that his last school enrollment was in a New York City Public High School;
    -ANDone
    additional proof of residency, from the list above.
    The Fire Department of New York reserves the right to accept other documents in lieu of the above, under special
    circumstances which validate various living arrangements as determined by the Department and approved by the
    Department of Citywide Administrative Services.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    and they might be starting classes with about 325 people expecting many to quit the first week
    QUIT? They'll have to carry me out!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2000 View Post
    lol same here but not everyone on the list wants this as bad as we do
    Last edited by steven9d3; 10-21-2012 at 10:19 PM.

Forum Member

They'll be hiring 320 because in previous years they only hired 300 and usually they drop 15-20 ppl per academy, so they figure that if they hire 320 they'll actually put out the 300 that is expected to have been put out in previous years. Also remember the academy is not just physical its also a lot of classroom stuff
    01-13

Forum Member

Guys there was a total of 4 girls in the first and last class from 6019, while around 40 guys dropped these 4 bad *** girls made it. Don't be the one having to return your gear to the store cause you were not in shape! ... Not to sound sexist in anyway but that's embarrassing that all the girls made it and you had guys dropping from left to right lol.

Forum Member

How exactly do you get to the Rock? Do you have to drive or is there a public transportation option.

Forum Member

How exactly do you get to the Rock? Do you have to drive or is there a public transportation option.
    There's 1 bus that goes into the rock from Manhattan and the 2nd option is to drive. I dunno how the bus operates at that time but if u have to be there 5AM I wouldn't take a chance on public txp!!!
    01-13

Forum Member

Well, you could take the M35 bus from manhattan.....but that's not a good option. The reality is, you have to drive. Everyone drives. You might get a chance to figure out where guys are from and work out carpooling, but public transit really isn't a good option.

As for the hiring multiple classes at once.....this was not common practice before, they don't have the room. As it is, you'll be sharing lockers anyway. The only overlapped by a day or so and only informally. You would show up on swearing in day and see the current class a day or two before graduation. That's it.

As for overtime costs....despite what IKE (I Know Everything) says, it hasn't really cost the city much to pay us vs. hire new probys. The tipping point is approaching now because almost the whole job is at top pay and at full vacation. Before I was at top pay the true cost of a proby (with all of the pension, health care, ect....) was more than 150% of my salary....meaning, more than it cost to pay me overtime. Now, with most of us being at top pay....we cost more, but not much.

That all really doesn't matter. We all know what's going to happen. The commissioner spelled it out. There will be a class every 20 weeks, give or take. Each class will be in the neighborhood of 300. The rest? Time will tell.

Listen guys/girls, you have a lot of personal responsibility as far as being prepared. Keep informed, but focus your time on controlling the things that you can control, not on trying to predict the future.
    nycthirteen and My1Goal like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by thebigempty View Post
    The full 870 have been processed as of Friday (paperwork wise). Only about 350 meet the needed time requirements and 130 are DQ. So that 350 still needs to pass medicals and CPAT which at our weekly training at the rock 1 in 4 seem to be failing beyond help. Its only a month away. I would say the first 1000 or so of the open receive some kind of letter for processing in late January, and it will move fast for June. As of right now it is unknown if the academy will be 18 or 20 weeks, according to a LT at the rock it depends on if the state mandates 2 weeks of arson and evidence training as they did in the past.
    This just make my chances bigger than what it was !!!!!
    FDNYPD likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNBOY View Post
    There's 1 bus that goes into the rock from Manhattan and the 2nd option is to drive. I dunno how the bus operates at that time but if u have to be there 5AM I wouldn't take a chance on public txp!!!
    Being their at 5 am every day? thats crazy.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by thebigempty View Post
    The immediate DQs were age outs, any felonies (you can be ems with certain prior felonies NOT a FF), and not being full citizens (also can be ems with just working rights NOT a FF) from what i understand most DQs were age outs. There are another 200-300 that do not have 2 years on EMS to be promoted. Some only have a year this month.
    In the NOE it states no felonies but now if you look at their website it says something about certificate of relief or good conduct ... I heard of ff otj with that certificate other Than that no chance ... You know anything about that ?

Forum Member

Being their at 5 am every day? thats crazy.
    Lol ill be At 4 am if I have to !!!! ... Summer class ill ride my bike ... Anyone want to carpool

Forum Member

If I get it in I will pick you all up and chauffeur you there in hat.

Dannyval, what you saying about the felonies?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

For the guys considering Lasik, get it. Regardless of your placement in this process, it's the greatest medical decision you'll make in your young life. Cost to benefit, it's pennies. $3500 bought me 20/20 from something like 20/200 or 400. And not all packages are that expensive. I just bought the laser incision (rather than blade) and the lifetime warranty (If my vision deteriorates, they'll fix it. Free).

Anyway, when the doc dialated my pupils, I couldn't read those big, green highway-sided exit signs until I was driving under them. It's not even a convenience thing, it's quality of life. (Sorry for sounding like a commercial)
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    For the guys considering Lasik, get it. Regardless of your placement in this process, it's the greatest medical decision you'll make in your young life. Cost to benefit, it's pennies. $3500 bought me 20/20 from something like 20/200 or 400. And not all packages are that expensive. I just bought the laser incision (rather than blade) and the lifetime warranty (If my vision deteriorates, they'll fix it. Free).

Anyway, when the doc dialatemy pupils, I couldn't read those big, green highway-sided exit signs until I was driving under them. It's not even a convenience thing, it's quality of life. (Sorry for sounding like a commercial)
    Scheduled to get it beginning of November. Cant wait to not have to rely on contacts or glasses.
    FDNYPD likes this.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

look what is on Join Fdny facebook page according to some people there going to go through the whole list lol
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    look what is on Join Fdny facebook page according to some people there going to go through the whole list lol
    I usually got to the join fdny page to have a few laughs. First you have the people who have NO f'ingggg clue about the process, then you have others asking the same question over and over and over again.

Forum Member

yea i read it to get a good laugh

Forum Member

I dont even understand what the last person was saying.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

I dont even understand what the last person was saying.
    he thinks the FDNY is going to call 40000 people

Forum Member

Coming from Staten island I was planning on takeing the ferry and the 4 train and walking accross the public bridge... Is this reasonable or will that walk take forever?
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Thread Information