Like Tree9885Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    For the guys considering Lasik, get it. Regardless of your placement in this process, it's the greatest medical decision you'll make in your young life. Cost to benefit, it's pennies. $3500 bought me 20/20 from something like 20/200 or 400. And not all packages are that expensive. I just bought the laser incision (rather than blade) and the lifetime warranty (If my vision deteriorates, they'll fix it. Free).

Anyway, when the doc dialated my pupils, I couldn't read those big, green highway-sided exit signs until I was driving under them. It's not even a convenience thing, it's quality of life. (Sorry for sounding like a commercial)
    Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Scheduled to get it beginning of November. Cant wait to not have to rely on contacts or glasses.
    Can you guys please post info on where you going and got it done to Start looking into it now thank la

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2000 View Post
    QUIT? They'll have to carry me out!
    Per the Lt in charge of PT an average of 10% of the class drops. He said the majority of those people quit, they aren't asked to leave. Say what you will now but you don't know till you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2000 View Post
    How exactly do you get to the Rock? Do you have to drive or is there a public transportation option.
    The M35 is terrible and filled with skells. Also you have to take mass transit to 125/Lexington to get on it. You could walk/ride a bike but its not a short distance. I live pretty close by in Astoria yet it's 2.5 miles each way... Over a large bridge. If you don't have a car figure out a ride when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyvale View Post
    In the NOE it states no felonies but now if you look at their website it says something about certificate of relief or good conduct ... I heard of ff otj with that certificate other Than that no chance ... You know anything about that ?
    There is a process to get that certificate so that you can get past the background check, someone posted a link to the packet for it in this Thea's.

Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    look what is on Join Fdny facebook page according to some people there going to go through the whole list lol
    I laugh and cry regularly at the retardation that persists there. I feel bad for the person manning it, but I also hate how they frequently don't give direct answers.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    Coming from Staten island I was planning on takeing the ferry and the 4 train and walking accross the public bridge... Is this reasonable or will that walk take forever?
    There will be like 50 guys coming from SI in every class, you'll get a ride. The proposed plan is terrible. It's probably a 2-3 mile walk after a long commute. You have to be there at 6 am.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyvale View Post
    Can you guys please post info on where you going and got it done to Start looking into it now thank la
    LASIK Plus centers. I went to one in Columbia, MD but I'm sure they're everywhere.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Default Eye correction

I think prk is a much better choice for eye correction. Something about a flap in the eye popping open after some time when it's done with LASIK. PRK is not cheap but no worries about a flap popping open. Anyone else knows about this procedure??
    Last edited by FdnytolifeE293; 10-22-2012 at 12:44 AM.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

The join FDNY lady said there is no heigh weight requirment

Hey Join FDNY

One guy asked me an intriguing question that I have not found on my serches, maybe you can help. Is there any place on the interwebs where one might find the height/weight chart of the FDNY? I understand other Fire/Police Departments have strict rules on this, but is this the case for you?

Thanks as always!

Join FDNY Hi JD, We do not have strict requirements on this. Our only such requirement is to ensure that everyone who we hire is healthy enough to do the job.
    September 18 at 8:27am Like 1

Not sure if thats true, but I wonder what the truth is
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    The join FDNY lady said there is no heigh weight requirment

Hey Join FDNY

One guy asked me an intriguing question that I have not found on my serches, maybe you can help. Is there any place on the interwebs where one might find the height/weight chart of the FDNY? I understand other Fire/Police Departments have strict rules on this, but is this the case for you?

Thanks as always!

Join FDNY Hi JD, We do not have strict requirements on this. Our only such requirement is to ensure that everyone who we hire is healthy enough to do the job.
    September 18 at 8:27am Like 1

Not sure if thats true, but I wonder what the truth is
    Won't take the chance !!! Max weight on 5'8" 206 lbs

Forum Member

that seems pretty high to be able to run far.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

[QUOTE=BrooklynBorn;1345202]that seems pretty high to be

Idk I tell you when I get there !!!!lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    I think prk is a much better choice for eye correction. Something about a flap in the eye popping open after some time when it's done with LASIK. PRK is not cheap but no worries about a flap popping open. Anyone else knows about this procedure??
    Look into it more. If you think you're going to sustain traumatic injuries to the eye, get PRK. Otherwise, Lasik is completely fine
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

Forum Member

Coming from Staten island I was planning on takeing the ferry and the 4 train and walking accross the public bridge... Is this reasonable or will that walk take forever?

Totally unreasonable. You have many weeks of long hard days ahead where being late is NEVER an option. It's 2 miles to the rock from the subway and at the hours you'll be traveling there could be 20 minutes between trains.

Work out a car pool. You'll get the chance.

Forum Member

FDsouthbxNY:

A buddy of mine from the Marines told me that when he went through the Rock in 2007 the city reimbursed him after the academy for the tolls on the Triborough. Is there truth to this? That could be a huge help with the finances.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 99
    List: 36XX

It's all heart.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY2000 View Post
    FDsouthbxNY:

A buddy of mine from the Marines told me that when he went through the Rock in 2007 the city reimbursed him after the academy for the tolls on the Triborough. Is there truth to this? That could be a huge help with the finances.

FDsouthbxNY can verify for you, but other guys have said that on this forum in the past. They said you have to keep your receipts though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Totally unreasonable. You have many weeks of long hard days ahead where being late is NEVER an option. It's 2 miles to the rock from the subway and at the hours you'll be traveling there could be 20 minutes between trains.

Out of curiosity what happens if your late?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post

Yeah I have a close buddy only 200 lists ahead of me so car pooling is an option assuming we will be in it together. Anyone know of the parking situation? I don't have a car anymore and my dad will not let me take his "precious" unless It's safe from every uncertainty lolol... Also the reimbursement of the tolls will be sweet considering I think triboro charges both ways
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

Yeah I have a close buddy only 200 lists ahead of me so car pooling is an option assuming we will be in it together. Anyone know of the parking situation? I don't have a car anymore and my dad will not let me take his "precious" unless It's safe from every uncertainty lolol... Also the reimbursement of the tolls will be sweet considering I think triboro charges both ways
    There is a private parking outside the base and inside the base. Take a guess which of the two you will be allowed to use? Haha

Forum Member

Haha yeah outside it is
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

There is a public lot outside the gate. That's where you'll park. DO NOT try to pull in the gate. It's a perfectly safe place to park. As for the toll, it's only one way. The city will reimburse you for the cost, just make sure you ask for a receipt and same them all. That does mean no ezpass kids!

To address the being late question...DON'T BE. Would you like to sit in a comfy chair on a platform in front of your 300 classmates while they stay in the "plank position" on asphalt for 10 minutes...? They'll thank you for making their elbows bleed....

The point is, nothing at The Rock works without the whole team. You need to be able to count on each other. Don't be late, don't forget to iron your uniform every night, don't forget to shave your face everyday or your head a couple times a week. You fail, everyone pays.
    Bklyn likes this.

Forum Member

Lol yeah I saw all that BS on join FDNY Facebook too. Fellas lets be honest they may or may reach past 6000 people I myself would be affected by this BUT it's a sought after job that's very competitive now. It sux real bad for those of use that really really really want it. Hopefully the odds are in our favor but if not have a back up. Ps or you could send cakes an ice cream to the top scores lmfao. No but seriously head up be positive as much as possible while living in reality. Good luck all I only pray one dy we all will achieve success. GDP

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Depan395 View Post
    Lol yeah I saw all that BS on join FDNY Facebook too. Fellas lets be honest they may or may reach past 6000 people I myself would be affected by this BUT it's a sought after job that's very competitive now. It sux real bad for those of use that really really really want it. Hopefully the odds are in our favor but if not have a back up. Ps or you could send cakes an ice cream to the top scores lmfao. No but seriously head up be positive as much as possible while living in reality. Good luck all I only pray one dy we all will achieve success. GDP
    I wonder what you think of #10000 and up

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I got my letter today and put it up on the fridge.
    Haha me too, like a kid.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

yea i see where your coming from thats why i have my name in the ems list

i dont think they will have a problem reaching 8500 like the city predicted. Between medicals, CPAT, people losing points they didn't earn, and people not wanting the job. im hoping they will reach me at 69** but I'm not getting my hopes up but i am working out everyday because thats the only thing i can control now and no one know for sure who will get called only time will tell.
    Last edited by steven9d3; 10-22-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Forum Member

Thats what Im praying for everything you posted but I am being realistic because when the day comes or not I dont want to be disappointed you know.

Forum Member

Im not going to say anything that will discourage you. Workout get all you info together start saving as much money as possible, pay all your bills off and the most important wait be patient hope for the best. Im in the low 8000 my Soc screwed me but Im still pushing forward there are pleanty of Fire Departments out there and remember if you want it bad enough and FDNY doesnt call theres always military FF Airforce Army they got FF MOS too. its not what you really want but close enough you know.

Forum Member

Im not going to say anything that will discourage you. Workout get all you info together start saving as much money as possible, pay all your bills off and the most important wait be patient hope for the best. Im in the low 8000 my Soc screwed me but Im still pushing forward there are pleanty of Fire Departments out there and remember if you want it bad enough and FDNY doesnt call theres always military FF Airforce Army they got FF MOS too. its not what you really want but close enough you know.
    yea i know what your saying the one thing going for me is I'm still in college so i have time and can take the low salary of ems for a couple of years to get the job i want

all of the rumors my old man is hearing says i should get in but thats what they are just rumors and no one really knows what is going to happen

Thread Information