Like Tree9541Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Time to start a new folder.
    I have some extra if you need one.
    Ill just use the same one thanks though haha. One thing I'm scared off is to be looked at like the guy who got on from the "dumbed down test" through out my whole career, especially being one of the ones who got screwed from 6019. Since you on the job and I'm sure you guys in the firehouses talk about this all the time.... What is your take on this situation and how you guys feel about us about to go in?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Ill just use the same one thanks though haha. One thing I'm scared off is to be looked at like the guy who got on from the "dumbed down test" through out my whole career, especially being one of the ones who got screwed from 6019. Since you on the job and I'm sure you guys in the firehouses talk about this all the time.... What is your take on this situation and how you guys feel about us about to go in?
    I'm not otj or took the previous test .. But I don't think it would be fair to be judged because
    Of this test. That test doesn't make us a ff ... You first need to have it inside if you to be one and pass that academy ...which I believe it's still the same. The rest is on us I prove to whoever how great of ff we can be ... Then again everyone is entitle to their own opinion .

Forum Member

To the guys that have already gotten the Lasik procedure done, where did you go to get it done. An optometrist recommended TLC in Garden City, just curious where you guys went .
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

None of us can do anything about what anyone might think about the people that will be hired off of 2500 and 2000.

However, we can go out and prove ourselves. If given the opportunity to go to the academy, we'll have a chance there to prove ourselves and build a reputation. Put in the work and do the right thing all of the time and this will give us a good start. Then, hopefully, it's on to the firehouse and we continue on building our reputations. Meaning: more hard work, taking pride in doing all of the required chores well, getting in the rig and learning it; learning the house-watch duties, doing them well and again, with pride; learning a little something on each run, regardless of it's nature; participating in company and department functions and the list goes on and on. This is going to take discipline; the ability to listen well; a desire to work hard and perform to the best of our abilities at all times, while tackling each task. I'm sure there's more to add to this, but I think that's the gist of it. We are each blank slates. We are in control of building our reputations, of how hard we work, how well we listen and how much we desire to be the best. Everyday will be filled with opportunities to get learn, to get better and do one's best.

As far as how the "process" goes, I think you'll do just fine if you simply follow the directions from DCAS and the FDNY, as they come. That's all I did for the process with 6019 and it worked just fine. The department will tell you exactly what to do and when you should do it, each step of the way. Do it the way the way they direct and it will generally be smooth sailing.

As far as how many list numbers they'll go through for each class or when they'll hire, you never can tell. Gaining this job has always been extremely competitive and always will be. Anything can happen. With that said, I think it's best to expect nothing, but to stay prepared, to do all that you can within your power, to be ready, so that when the opportunity arises, you'll be able to handle whatever is thrown your way and never have to wonder if you could have done more.
    Last edited by Minerva; 10-23-2012 at 12:32 AM.

Forum Member

Recently had PRK eye surgery so if anyone has any questions just let me know.

Forum Member

So is it speculation or pretty clear that they went through all the EMS candidates who are eligible at this point. Does that mean they will put through a small class.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Hi guys, I'm new list #3XX here...I passed the NYPD medical a few years ago with the same vision I have now. I don't wear my glasses but I should if I want to see far away. Anyone know the requirements, is it 20/20? If so I'm in trouble

Forum Member

guys who went through the process on 6019: if you are using CC statements for proof of address do they want the whole statement or just the page that has your address? To be safe I printed the whole statement, but that's a total of 144 pages, vs just 12 if they only want the address page. Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    guys who went through the process on 6019: if you are using CC statements for proof of address do they want the whole statement or just the page that has your address? To be safe I printed the whole statement, but that's a total of 144 pages, vs just 12 if they only want the address page. Thanks.
    They only wanted the first page when I went a week ago.
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    So is it speculation or pretty clear that they went through all the EMS candidates who are eligible at this point. Does that mean they will put through a small class.
    Nothing is clear yet. Everyone is still just beginning the investigation process, CPAT's don't start until Nov 15th and no word on medicals yet. There are 15,000 rumors going through EMS. On your truck, at the station, at the CPAT prep, in town, at the gym....Some guys failing, some guys not having enough time, some guys looking to defer. I have one of the crappier list numbers on the EMS list. If I make the Jan class I'll let you guys know. That would pretty much mean that they are going to exhaust the whole list. I hope they do. No offense boys but I don't wana see any of you in July. (of course if I do i'll still have the biggest smile on my face but you get it

Forum Member

Sup Guys, does anyone have a list of all the documents we need to have ready by the time we are called in ? I remember someone posting about this earlier in the thread but can't find it.

Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post
    Sup Guys, does anyone have a list of all the documents we need to have ready by the time we are called in ? I remember someone posting about this earlier in the thread but can't find it.
    This is the list of documents I was asked to bring in for 6019. It sounds like the list is pretty similar for the folks being called in for the Promo list, one of those guys/girls can clarify any differences…

1. Fingerprint fee $75
    2. If ever arrested for a crime or received a summons other than a moving violation, bring: a) a complete notarized statement “explaining” the incident, and b) an original disposition from the court involved.
    3. Residency proof
    4. W2’s and social security detailed earnings statement for the past five years, plus a recent pay stub
    5. Proof of self employment
    6. Proof of unemployment
    7. High school diploma, or GED with scores
    8. Post-high school requirements (college transcript, 6 months full time employment, or active military with honorable discharge)
    9. Copy of Dept of Health birth certificate
    10. Record of any legal change of name
    11. Valid NYS drivers license
    12. Copy of Social Security card
    13. Marriage certificate, divorce or separation papers
    14. All correspondence regarding workman’s compensation claims
    15. Original discharge or separation papers from the military (DD-214) and/or veterans disability claims, and any disciplinary action paperwork you received
    16. Selective Service Registration record (www.sss.gov). If active Reservist, unit name and address
    17. BP-51 and DP-2488 questionnaire signed and notarized (these are FDNY forms, you’ll get them with your packages)
    18. 2x2 inch photo in business attire
    19. Signed education and employment consent forms (you’ll get these forms from FDNY, also).
    Jackooze likes this.
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

When I went to my college's website to request a transcript they ask "Please enter the name of the person to whom you want us to send your transcript. This name will appear on your transcript under the heading "issued to"."

I assume this means they will mail the transcript directly to someone if I choose. Does the FDNY accept a transcript I had mailed to myself? Should I have it addressed to FDNY? Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    When I went to my college's website to request a transcript they ask "Please enter the name of the person to whom you want us to send your transcript. This name will appear on your transcript under the heading "issued to"."

I assume this means they will mail the transcript directly to someone if I choose. Does the FDNY accept a transcript I had mailed to myself? Should I have it addressed to FDNY? Thanks.
    just have it mailed to you and bring it in...fdny has a tendency of losing everything

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    This is the list of documents I was asked to bring in for 6019. It sounds like the list is pretty similar for the folks being called in for the Promo list, one of those guys/girls can clarify any differences…

1. Fingerprint fee $75
    2. If ever arrested for a crime or received a summons other than a moving violation, bring: a) a complete notarized statement “explaining” the incident, and b) an original disposition from the court involved.
    3. Residency proof
    4. W2’s and social security detailed earnings statement for the past five years, plus a recent pay stub
    5. Proof of self employment
    6. Proof of unemployment
    7. High school diploma, or GED with scores
    8. Post-high school requirements (college transcript, 6 months full time employment, or active military with honorable discharge)
    9. Copy of Dept of Health birth certificate
    10. Record of any legal change of name
    11. Valid NYS drivers license
    12. Copy of Social Security card
    13. Marriage certificate, divorce or separation papers
    14. All correspondence regarding workman’s compensation claims
    15. Original discharge or separation papers from the military (DD-214) and/or veterans disability claims, and any disciplinary action paperwork you received
    16. Selective Service Registration record (www.sss.gov). If active Reservist, unit name and address
    17. BP-51 and DP-2488 questionnaire signed and notarized (these are FDNY forms, you’ll get them with your packages)
    18. 2x2 inch photo in business attire
    19. Signed education and employment consent forms (you’ll get these forms from FDNY, also).
    The high school diploma, you don't need to show any transcripts, just show the diploma ?
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nev7248 View Post
    just have it mailed to you and bring it in...fdny has a tendency of losing everything
    Thanks Nev

Forum Member

. If ever arrested for a crime or received a summons other than a moving violation, bring: a) a complete notarized statement “explaining” the incident, and b) an original disposition from the court involved.

Got a public urination summons over 2 years ago... where can I find this disposition?
    Test: 2000
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    . If ever arrested for a crime or received a summons other than a moving violation, bring: a) a complete notarized statement “explaining” the incident, and b) an original disposition from the court involved.

Got a public urination summons over 2 years ago... where can I find this disposition?
    You have to go to the court you were summoned to appear to. It was $10 to get a copy of the info required.
    knicksh2o likes this.

Forum Member

Does any one know how to get past w2s? I have the last 2 yrs only

Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by emtnyc2012 View Post

Thanks.
    Find your nearest IRS office, they should be able to help you. That where I went when I needed my tax returns for financial aid purposes.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by emtnyc2012 View Post

Thanks.
    When they send you this list of stuff you need they'll also tell you where you can get it. It's a time consuming process and very tedious but it's not difficult at all. Just remember that if you have to visit any government agency to get information plan to spend a good amount of time waiting. You know they love dragging there feet in those places.
    Test 2000
    Score 101
    List # 16**

Forum Member

Ok thanks tom and 7change ..much appreciated.

Forum Member

why do they want your W2 forms and your recent earnings?

Forum Member

EMS promo medicals begin on monday in list order, got the call to go monday 10/29 morning. Medicals will be complete by thanksgiving. No new psych for ems candidates according to my investigator last night. (investigator called me at 6 PM they are putting in alot of time to move this along)
    Exam 2500
    List: 10x
    Medical: Passed
    CPAT: 7:50 Passed
    Candidate run: 9:30
    Class: 1/14/2013?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by thebigempty View Post
    EMS promo medicals begin on monday in list order, got the call to go monday 10/29 morning. Medicals will be complete by thanksgiving. No new psych for ems candidates according to my investigator last night. (investigator called me at 6 PM they are putting in alot of time to move this along)
    Great news! I was wondering if we had to complete a new psych.

Thread Information