Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 191 of 1158 FirstFirst ... 91141181188189190191192193194201241291691 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 23141
Like Tree9075Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

96 with no points. Stings so bad. List #87xx.

Maybe there's a chance...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    Does anyone know how many candidates the FDNY plans to hire for the life of the list?
    The commish's letter said 600 every year for 4 years..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Where is this info? I want to send it to my relative who got a 98 like me. I would also like to ready it myself. thanks
    See, I knew you did ok! "OK" being a relative term, of course. I think we in the 6000's have a shot albeit, 3-4 years from now...
    Ladders 4 likes this.

Forum Member

So, it sounds like each academy will start with approx. 300? Does anyone have an estimation what the graduation rate has been historically?

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    See, I knew you did ok! "OK" being a relative term, of course. I think we in the 6000's have a shot albeit, 3-4 years from now...
    600 for 4 years equals 2,400 people roughly. With a 4:1 ratio, I say even 8000 has a slim chance. I just hope that people who don't care about this job, don't pass the cpat.
    Dannyvale likes this.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

I'm hoping for 1:5 = 12000 list numbers...hey a man can dream, right?
    3000miles and Dannyvale like this.

Forum Member

600 for 4 years equals 2,400 people roughly. With a 4:1 ratio, I say even 8000 has a slim chance. I just hope that people who don't care about this job, don't pass the cpat.
    That's a very good possibility. 1 in 3 hired seems very liberal. Especially with higher standards and increased availability of good applicants since 9/11 and the 2008 crash.

Forum Member

Sitting 79xx... Gonna be close... But consider this. Alot of these guys had to be talked into going to sit for this test by there church pastor, or an FDNY recruiter on there street corner may have lucked out and had a good day and got a good score. Are these guys really gonna follow through with the whole process, doubtful, but we'll see... Traditionally it's a 1:3 ratio, maybe it's wishful thinking, but I'm betting 1:4 or more with this list! Time will tell. To the guys at the top, good job. Well deserved and hope to work with you guy's one day!

Forum Member

that is correct ^^ you guys should see the amount of people that come through my dept to take the cpat 1 in every 5 pass and they're already are certified FF through the state then they try and do the 2 mile run most give up withing the first 3/4. with the people i saw in my testing room i dont think they will go through at least 8000 to reach there goal

Forum Member

Guys keep in mind that there are FDNY EMS people that also took the open competitive, off the bat I saw atleast 8 names of friends of mine from EMS in the top 2000, god only knows how many others are scrambled inbetween those 8000. There's a lot of factors that apply for someone not making it from medicals , physicals and others that been on other city jobs like PD for a good amount of time and can't afford the pay cut. Stay positive and do something productive while you wait. Like a lot of guys here said if you are young enough try and become FDNY EMS. Good luck to all.

Forum Member

correct me if im wrong but all the people with the extra points still need to prove there points ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ocfirekev View Post
    correct me if im wrong but all the people with the extra points still need to prove there points ?
    That is correct. A lot of people have no clue that it is from June 2010 to July 2011. Plus you will need 3 total documents for that whole year. Not like years past where you would change your bank statement to your lost cousin in queens and still get residency.

Quote Originally Posted by ocfirekev View Post
    Yes they do, but there's going to be a lot of people who can't indeed prove them just like there will be a whole bunch people who didn't claim it in the first place. So go figure how this will go down. Jukes, I met ems guys who aren't ready for this job. Can't blame them really, their always working, some don't keep physically active and so forth. So the day comes for cpat they either, 1 pass on 2 give up or 3 (my favorite) throw up, all while they are on the stairs. Either way it's fair game for everyone.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

Forum Member

Yes they do, but there's going to be a lot of people who can't indeed prove them just like there will be a whole bunch people who didn't claim it in the first place. So go figure how this will go down. Jukes, I met ems guys who aren't ready for this job. Can't blame them really, their always working, some don't keep physically active and so forth. So the day comes for cpat they either, 1 pass on 2 give up or 3 (my favorite) throw up, all while they are on the stairs. Either way it's fair game for everyone.
    Then again you can say the same thing about the OC. Exam 6019 went up to list number near 900 to get the first and only class. I say this list will go up to list numbers in the 1000s if is majority of the OC guys.
    Last edited by Jukez; 10-06-2012 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Typo on 9000, meant to say 900 sorry

Forum Member

What does "by time of appointment" actually mean. Is that by the time the list is established or by the time they offer you the job, because if its the latter,any people with veterans credits have time to actually go on active duty first which would throw the whole thing outta whack.

Forum Member

Got a 98 with no extra points, sitting at list #58xx. Do I have a shot and how long do you think it will take to hear something? Good luck to all and congrats to the guys at the top!

Quote Originally Posted by Combat medic 92 View Post
    What does "by time of appointment" actually mean. Is that by the time the list is established or by the time they offer you the job, because if its the latter,any people with veterans credits have time to actually go on active duty first which would throw the whole thing outta whack.
    Correct, it's when the job is offered to you.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

Forum Member

Well I guess the next question would be where in the whole process do they offer it to you? Here's my situation maybe you guys can help. I am currently a combat medic in the national guard. I have been for a little over two years now
    . We just had a deployment cancelled on us and therefore I don't have full time active on my résumé yet. Do I have time to volunteer or are the vet points now lost?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Then again you can say the same thing about the OC. Exam 6019 went up to list number near 9000 to get the first and only class. I say this list will go up to list numbers in the 1000s if is majority of the OC guys.
    They got up to the 880's and that was to fill 225 spots.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    That is correct. A lot of people have no clue that it is from June 2010 to July 2011. Plus you will need 3 total documents for that whole year. Not like years past where you would change your bank statement to your lost cousin in queens and still get residency.
    not to be technical but its actually july 1 2010 to june 30 2011, the only reason iam correcting you is becuase some peoples bank statements including myself fall on the 15 of the month,so the dates of the statement for my bank that i will be showing my are from june 15 2010 until present if need be

Thread Information