Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 192 of 1144 FirstFirst ... 92142182189190191192193194195202242292692 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,840 of 22870
Like Tree8985Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

sitting at 18** hopefully looking at getting called mid 2014. just wondering with the starting salary at around 39000. after benefits and everything anyone know what take home pay is during that first year??

Forum Member

Did the judge rule on the fairness hearing yet?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Then again you can say the same thing about the OC. Exam 6019 went up to list number near 9000 to get the first and only class. I say this list will go up to list numbers in the 1000s if is majority of the OC guys.
    they did not go any where near 9000 for that first class with 6019, you need to get facts right before babbling to people who are legit on this forum ..CMON MANNNN

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYhopeful28 View Post
    they did not go any where near 9000 for that first class with 6019, you need to get facts right before babbling to people who are legit on this forum ..CMON MANNNN
    It was a typo relax man. I meant to say 900*

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by kd44 View Post
    Did the judge rule on the fairness hearing yet?

I guess you missed it, but the answer to your question, hell yes he did smh......here's the link read this crap. http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/insider...up_50_2012.pdf
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kd44 View Post
    They got up to the 880's and that was to fill 225 spots.
    Going through almost 900 names for 225. Imagine when the EMS promotions are completely depleted, that's an extra 200-300 names in order to get the other 100 probies.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    I guess you missed it, but the answer to your question, hell yes he did smh......here's the link read this crap. http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/insider...up_50_2012.pdf
    Thanks, thats such bull****. i thought i remembered reading that they were fighting that ruling in a higher court, lets hope it gets overturned.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    WRONG. The city has been ordered to hire these guys period. They're going on the assumption, because they were already ordered, that they will have to hire these 293.

Now, don't be mistaken, there is no way in hell Garaufis changes his mind about this but technically this fairness stuff is still being deliberated.

Forum Member

Hey everyone - just a quick question and I hope it doesnt stir the pot from what could be bull**** hear say.

While I was taking my ems medical, another candidate mentioned that a friend of his who was already FDNY EMS but was not on the job to take the promotional exam - was still taken before other people on the open comp list in years past because he was already technically part of the FDNY and through with his pysc, medical, and background check. Any truth to this? I understand that they would still have to complete the CPAT. Seems far-fetched to me either way.

Good luck to everyone and thanks for all the info.

Forum Member

Gentlemen, it was a honor to serve you as as the guy who organized the Candidate group but unlike a lot of you I most likely will not be called in the next four years as I have a list number in 96XX range. Hopefully in four years time I will get to see all of you and work with you as a new probie but until then it was a pleasure and a honor.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Don't sweat it bro...293 people will probably amount to ehh..maybe 100. I HIGHLY doubt that these people who couldn't take a simple test serious have been working out training for a CPAT and sure as heck aren't out running miles doing sit ups and pull ups..

I didn't take the past exams..6019 and the prior but from what I understand there wasn't a personality portion weighed heavily like exam 2000. So, if someone can't complete simple reading comprehension, math, and following instructions do you really think that they will be able to withstand the academic standards of the academy? How many of the 293 will be academy ready in the next 8 months or so?

Be able to pass a physical?
    Be able to run the basic PT test?
    Be able to withstand the PT regimen?
    Be able to deal with the quasi-military environment, and having instructors bust your balls ALL the time?

Don't sweat it men...those of us down the list will be fine..we might just get pushed to the next class..
    I don't care if I'm the last person to get into the last class off this test..as long as I get in there...at the end of the day..if I make it #1 or #whatever...we will still be FDNY firefighters..the cream will rise to the top..don't let this speed bump get to you..

On a side note..How did they pick the 293? throw darts at a wall full of pictures or something?

We got this..
    Yeah I know I'm more annoyed at the principle rather then the 293 it's just annoying to see. The only thing I hope this amounts to is that by all this there won't be any problems with this list because he put all these things into effect to make it easier for people to get a good grade I'm not worried I know there not preparing!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by retired senior View Post
    Consider taking the NYPD exam again. They give it every month. The age requirement, I believe, is that you can't be over 35 at the time you take the test. So you would be good if you take it now. Also, as an older guy, I can tell you, if you have a house, a wife and a baby you probably are long passed getting drunk. It may take a couple of years until you get called but during that time you will establish that you have matured since the last time you were called for the NYPD. Don't give up keep plugging away and you will be rewarded. If you feel like giving up, do it for your family. You are allowed to lick you wounds for a few days, then get back in the fight.

I appreciate it, yea im not giving up on anything at all. Its just very frustrating. I have a now brother in law that was a assistant DA and he wouldnt even help me out making a phone call or 2 when I was going through the process. I mean I dont want hand outs, but I would have def taking just a little help at getting onto something as rewarding of a job as the nypd. And the fact that, that pysch process did me in on that 1 week before the academy really hurt me. Yes my answers were alittle inconsistant because I didnt know what they meant by getting "drunk", my interpertation of getting "drunk" is alittle different then socially drinking a beer or 2 at dinner or what not. I have a ton of friends who are fdny and nypd, and this is what i wanna do. Now I wait a few years for the fdny test and I score pretty decent 94, and the only reason why I scored a 94, and not like a 98 or such is because of these stupid pysch questions... I knew going in that I was gonna have to lie on a few of them, and click what "they wanna hear" but I was not about to lie on things like how many times I was out for work and stuff of that nature because that is something they were gonna find out eventually. And I was honest on them and they did me in.. just really blows I wanted this bad

Even though my list number is #700X and I scored a 97, I still feel like I have no chance in hell for them to even reach that number within that 4 yr bracket. Kinda sucks, this was my last chance to ever get on. I really had my heart and soul set on this job. Back to working cleaning stuff after people. If they call me then I guess they call me.

Future advisement, anyone old enough to take this exam in 4 yrs, remember to lie your a $ $ off to get a perfect score. That's the kind of people FDNY looking for, perfect liars. If they ask how many time you said thank you to your waiter or how many times you shook someone's hand in a month? Make sure you answer that you said thank you so much to the point people thought you were retarded or you shook so many hand to the point you developed carpal tunnel syndrome. Good luck guys all the way up the top of the hill.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

Yep. That's exactly who we're looking for.

Go outside! It's still supposed to be nice today. This will be here when you get back.
    sffdnyhopeful09 and FDNYPD like this.

Forum Member

what is the current pension with the fdny for new hires? i know alot has changed since we would have gotten hired 5 yrs ago

Forum Member

I was scheduled for the next class and now I have no chance sitting around 15,XXX. I took my medical 3 times and passed the back round, psych, CPAT, etc. I was told by numerous people on numerous occassions at Metro tech and on the Rock unofficially to expect to be called very soon and therefore turned down multiple opportunities and chose not to pursue a masters degree. It's been a long wait and to have it end this way is beyond infuriating. I am devestated and feel betrayed. Just venting but this was my last chance since I am over 30 years old and waited almost 7 years to get screwed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY09 View Post
    I was scheduled for the next class and now I have no chance sitting around 15,XXX. I took my medical 3 times and passed the back round, psych, CPAT, etc. I was told by numerous people on numerous occassions at Metro tech and on the Rock unofficially to expect to be called very soon and therefore turned down multiple opportunities and chose not to pursue a masters degree. It's been a long wait and to have it end this way is beyond infuriating. I am devestated and feel betrayed. Just venting but this was my last chance since I am over 30 years old and waited almost 7 years to get screwed.

Goddamnit man. This is the kind of crap that tears me up and was inevitable to happen to some of us 6019'rs. It really is the perfect nightmare. I am really sorry bro. Just keep in mind what a couple of others have said earlier. There are other departments on the east coast and this country in general. You're not too old for some of them. I know it's FDNY or nothing. I get that. But just keep that in mind. A couple others guys from our list are on the job in places like DC and Baltimore. And the COL is not as bad. Keep your spirits up man. All of you 6019 guys who got F'd...
    Last edited by roadrunner09; 10-06-2012 at 03:51 PM.
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.

Forum Member
    Last edited by Jukez; 10-06-2012 at 04:17 PM.

Forum Member

Well as a few others have already stated, my dream is now dead too... I don't post on here very often, but I check this thread daily. On 6019 I scored a 98.2 and was list number 38xx. 2000 I scored a 90 and now am at 26,000 and something. I'm not bitter about my performance, only towards one man's political agenda. I've thought about the FDNY everyday for the past seven years. Being that I'm 31 now, this was my last shot. It's really weird knowing that I won't need to check this thread or the rant daily anymore. Fortunately I got on the job in Florida a few years back. So at the end of the day, I'm still on the job. For the rest of you 6019er's that got screwed, I truly do feel for you. As roadrunner just stated, there's plenty of great jobs out there. You just have to do some research and go find them. For the rest of you guys that made it, Congratulations! You're one step closer to the best dept in the world. If you do make it all the way, appreciate everyday of it. Take pride in your work, especially getting in the sink and making coffee. You might not think so, but everyone will be watching what your doing. Best of Luck to You All and Stay Stafe!!
    nycthirteen, grok350 and grok350 like this.

Court documents stating minimizing scoring differences between ethnic groups.....wtf.....this was a fixed fight?
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

Thread Information