Like Tree10467Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Yea I get that, Im not asking in case I fail, what Im trying to find out is, say EMS guys fail the stairs on the medical (both times) and dont go into the class in January, are they eligible for the June class or are they done all together... Just trying to figure out what the numbers reached are going to be like in June.

Forum Member

If you have a DWAI on your record (Driving While Ability Impared = which is a traffic violation not a Misdeameanor) do you need 5 years after your conviction of not getting into any alcohol related incident before getting the job? This was the general rule when I applied to NYPD but I don't know if it's the same for FDNY. Thank you.

Score 101
    List #1xxx

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    the rule was applied last time you have to live in New York State by the application period to receive the 5 points for being a vet
    Can you tell me where to find this in writing? DCAS updated the Rules for Civil Service Examinations in June 2012 and there is no mention of this and its not in the NOE.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    I know you are OTJ, but I think you are wrong about having to be a resident to claim veterans/disabled veterans points. No where in the NOE or on DCAS's Rules for Civil Service Examinations does it say you must be a resident of New York. It only says that you must be a resident at time of appointment, to be eligible.
    My buddy that I was in the military with who was from Florida could not use them because he was not from ny. They said at time of test when u claim it u have to be a ny resident. You will find out soon. I hope it goes in your favor

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nev7248 View Post
    My buddy that I was in the military with who was from Florida could not use them because he was not from ny. They said at time of test when u claim it u have to be a ny resident. You will find out soon. I hope it goes in your favor
    Yes military points only count if you are a ny resident. Which is retarded considering you served the whole country and not just NY.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Yea I get that, Im not asking in case I fail, what Im trying to find out is, say EMS guys fail the stairs on the medical (both times) and dont go into the class in January, are they eligible for the June class or are they done all together... Just trying to figure out what the numbers reached are going to be like in June.
    Can't really answer that dude as I don't personally know anyone who's failed twice. I failed the first time because of my HR, and just stayed on for the extra time the 2nd go around.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nev7248 View Post
    Well if this is true.... Then there will be a big turn of events in the list.
    vekdoggs75 and FdnytolifeE293 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Can you tell me where to find this in writing? DCAS updated the Rules for Civil Service Examinations in June 2012 and there is no mention of this and its not in the NOE.
    i cant find it in writing worse comes to worse you will end up with a 97 which is still with in range but a much longer wait

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    i cant find it in writing worse comes to worse you will end up with a 97 which is still with in range but a much longer wait
    Hopefully 97 is still in range...
    Exam: 2000
    Grade: 97
    List#: 86##
    There is hope!

Forum Member

Hey guys I want to start to get ready for the academy does anyone know some manuals I could start reading to prepaid myself I've even herd of required reading for the academy does anyone know what these are yet? Just curious. Thanks brothers.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Can't really answer that dude as I don't personally know anyone who's failed twice. I failed the first time because of my HR, and just stayed on for the extra time the 2nd go around.
    haha yea i don't know anyone either, thanks for the help though.. if anyone else knows if you fail the cpat or medical and dont get in the class do you have a shot at the next class or are you done? im just curious, trying to see what numbers might be reached for June and if I have a shot.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    If you have a DWAI on your record (Driving While Ability Impared = which is a traffic violation not a Misdeameanor) do you need 5 years after your conviction of not getting into any alcohol related incident before getting the job? This was the general rule when I applied to NYPD but I don't know if it's the same for FDNY. Thank you.

Score 101
    List #1xxx
    Were you charged with dwi and it was plead to dwai? That probably makes a difference.

Very rarely (at least in the city) are people charged with dwai. Even if you're under the .08 limit, there's a more general dwi charge for driving while under the influence that we charge. It usually gets knocked down or plead out to dwai.

Not sure about the 5 year rule, but i'd assume it's similar.

Forum Member

Veteran's Credit info - http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa...cumstances.pdf

Notice of Exam (with Resident Credit info) - http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa...1202000000.pdf
    zachryw2001 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just spoke to DCAS, you DO NOT have to be a resident to claim veterans points. But you must be a resident at time of hire.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    Yes military points only count if you are a ny resident. Which is retarded considering you served the whole country and not just NY.
    I've said this before.. Twice. You need to be a ny resident at time of APPOINTMENT. Appointment means start of academy. As per DCAS official I talked to prior to testing. The only way you wouldn't be able to obtain the points are if you don't meet the other criteria.. Thank you for posting the NOE special circumstances again.
    zachryw2001 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    I've said this before.. Twice. You need to be a ny resident at time of APPOINTMENT. Appointment means start of academy. As per DCAS official I talked to prior to testing. The only way you wouldn't be able to obtain the points are if you don't meet the other criteria.. Thank you for posting the NOE special circumstances again.
    What's your list number if you don't mind me asking?
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

Forum Member

I have a few questions for people OTJ.
    What brand of gear does the FDNY give recruits during the academy? (i.e. morning pride w/bailout system)
    Are the boots rubber or leather?
    What kind of helmet is issued? (1010/1044/Ben 1or2)
    Are recruits allowed to add pieces to their gear during probation and/or allowed to change their boots or helmets during probation?
    Is there a website the FDNY has which shows what gear is approved to wear by the dept. and what isn't?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by I3akdraf View Post
    What brand of gear does the FDNY give recruits during the academy? (i.e. morning pride w/bailout system)
    Are recruits allowed to add pieces to their gear during probation and/or allowed to change their boots or helmets during probation?
    Is there a website the FDNY has which shows what gear is approved to wear by the dept. and what isn't?
    Hahahahaha oh dear.

Forum Member

if you get on you should just keep what they give you the last thing you want to do is to stick out in probie school
    frankp88 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Hahahahaha oh dear.
    No need to laugh. That guy is asking a very important question. I want to add on to this as well. Guys OTJ do they also give new recruits socks that say FDNY on them? How about underwears?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    No need to laugh. That guy is asking a very important question. I want to add on to this as well. Guys OTJ do they also give new recruits socks that say FDNY on them? How about about underwears?
    Everybody gets officially licensed FDNY thongs. They are a part of the uniform, so as such they are mandatory. They take a little getting used to so I suggest you all start wearing em now.

Forum Member

Hahahahaha oh dear.
    go to the fb page join fdny and ask them they would kindly answer you ;-)
    steven9d3 likes this.

Forum Member

Everybody gets officially licensed FDNY thongs. They are a part of the uniform, so as such they are mandatory. They take a little getting used to so I suggest you all start wearing em now.
    Really?? Please tell me they are red bro!
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Really?? Please tell me they are red bro!
    i heard they stitch your name onto them
    mocon337 likes this.

Forum Member

hahahahaha
    Last edited by joro89; 10-24-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Thread Information