Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 193 of 1170 FirstFirst ... 93143183190191192193194195196203243293693 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,860 of 23390
Like Tree9171Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post

Everything this man puts out is gold.
    FDNY09 likes this.

Forum Member

question for anyone who knows once the first class of oc is established will there be a way of telling how many numbers they went through is there a way of keeping track how close you are ?

Forum Member

How is this fair? After all is said and done the statistics haven't changed but some of those guys who thought their dream was gonna come true are now not even within reach. How is that providing a fair and even chance for everyone? I have a chance to get into the first class and I am beyond excited but if I could give this up to someone on 6019 who should have been hired I would do it. In a heart beat because that's what's fair and I have time to take it again. These people and politicians really damaged people permanently and there's nothing to show for it. I really hope I do something good with this opportunity and I truly hope those poor guys who go screwed find something better.
    sffdnyhopeful09 and FDNY09 like this.

Forum Member

I appreciate the words of encouragement. I am still in shock going from list # 12XX to 15,XXX really hurt. Best of luck and congratulations to all those who made it whether 6019 or not I am happy for you.

Forum Member

Don't know if I'm trying to pep talk myself or speaking the truth but I'm sure alot of guys that claimed residency aren't going to be able to prove it. I really think and pray guys with #'s into the high 8,000's have a shot. May take a few years ( 3 or 4 ) but it's worth the wait if they do infact have a 1 to 4 ratio putting guys in. The guys that got screwed from 6019, there are no words! Best of luck! Guys that have a shot, let's stay patient and see how the numbers play out once they put in the first full OC class.

Sitting 79xx

Forum Member

For all of you guys who might have not seen this before...I made this with with my fellow candidates during our limbo stage, with all of us sitting with a great list number, we faught for someone to hear us, especially to give us another shot to take the exam and grant us an age extension. As unfair as all of this was to us, let this be a lesson learned. People will do whatever they want when it interest them, but if it effects you.. what do you do? Alone you can't do much..but as a group you are strength in numbers. I refuse to let 293 ahead of my well deserved spot, and everyone else should speak up if they feel the same. I could just as easily make a new video about this topic and it will get heard and seen by lots of people. But I would need everyone's participation.

http://vimeo.com/18113844
    http://vimeo.com/20691546

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Joeybatts, you have my support. I refuse to have 293 spots on this list to be put on the chopping block. This lawsuit hurt to many good people who deserved their chance. I'll pm you my info
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

1.Predict No More Than 2,400 Will Be Hired From Firefighter Lists

By SARAH DORSEY

The city Law Department last month said that 8,548 firefighter candidates who took this yearís open competitive exam were likely to be considered for appointment, but a Fire Department spokesman last week acknowledged that far fewer are likely to be hired, although thereís a ďvery strong possibilityĒ that all could be contacted.

An FDNY spokesman said roughly 2,400 candidates figured to be appointed from that list and a promotional roster.

The FDNY will begin hiring again for the first time since 2008 after Federal Judge Nicholas Garaufis threw out the previous three entrance exams and ordered the text revamped and made more job-related as part of the U.S. Justice Departmentís racial-discrimination lawsuit.

EMS Workers Get First Crack

The city announced that candidates on a promotion list of 870 EMTs and Paramedics will likely be considered first, beginning in January. Before being appointed, each must pass a physical exam and go through a medical, psychological and background screening process.

Typically, about 600 Firefighters are hired per year, though the department spokesman said the total number will depend on many variables, including the funds allotted by the cityís Office of Management and Budget, how long classes run this year and whether theyíre allowed to overlap, and other factors. Among those factors is an unusually large vacancy rate in the Firefighter ranks.

Itís difficult to predict how far down the list the FDNY will have to reach to fulfill its hiring needs over the next four years. After Sept. 11, the department contacted some 7,000 to 9,000 candidates, when it had to replace not only the 343 who died that day, but many others who were sick or injured or retired shortly after. Today, itís down more than 650 firefighters due to the hiring freeze imposed by the Judge.

The spokesman said the FDNY typically loses 40 or 50 firefighters a month through attrition. But this year, Mr. Garaufis reserved up to 293 spots for black and Latino candidates who werenít hired after taking the 1999 and 2002 tests. Itís anyoneís guess how many will still be interested and will score high enough on this yearís physical and written exams to qualify for appointment. But their presence may mean that fewer of those who took the 2012 test will be contacted.

The longer a list is used, the more candidates the department typically has to run through before making a successful hire, since some have grown comfortable in other jobs or are no longer physically fit to join.

For the first time in the Fire Departmentís history, nearly 50 percent of those who passed the 2012 written exam with a score high enough to be likely considered for appointment were people of color, and more women met the cutoff than in the last three exams combined.

Read more: http://fdnyrant.proboards.com/index....#ixzz28ZSTlbyP
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

Does anyone have the figures on how many FF's are eligible to retire over the life of this list? I know the attrition rate is (on average) 40-50 per month, but how many guys have been sticking around in order to accumulate over time? I hope I'm not getting too far ahead of myself, just curious about the numbers for a reference.

Forum Member

Does anyone know if I can somehow see my test and an answer key? Just curious.

Forum Member

looks like the judges nephew made the best out of his second chance and scored a 101 to get in the early 1800s on the list.... .

Forum Member

Account finally got activated bn following since results were posted list # 107x very excited hope with a little luck can make the first class of OC

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyy615 View Post
    Does anyone know if I can somehow see my test and an answer key? Just curious.
    The review sessions were about 5-6 months ago. There is no longer an opportunity to see that information, sorry.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by snoozer1989 View Post
    Does anyone have the figures on how many FF's are eligible to retire over the life of this list? I know the attrition rate is (on average) 40-50 per month, but how many guys have been sticking around in order to accumulate over time? I hope I'm not getting too far ahead of myself, just curious about the numbers for a reference.
    Not only that, but consider guys that have been FFs for years and want to get promoted. Perhaps someone OTJ can confirm this, but I would think there have been few promotions recently due to the lack of probies to replace them. Promotions means vacancies at the FF level and more spots for us (at least I hope so).

Forum Member

as a vet , other than an honorable dd214 what does an investigator need to see? a medical record?PDR?

Forum Member

Long time lurker, looking forward to starting this process.
    Score 104 list 3xx
    FDNYPD and Dannyvale like this.

Forum Member

grok, open your P.M.s

Forum Member

Did they establish a list like this in the past, before the physical? How do you think they will choose who gets to take the physical? Will they allow the whole 8500 to take it right away or will they do it only a class worth at a time.

Forum Member

I was wondering th same thing.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    grok, open your P.M.s
    They're open now

Thread Information