Like Tree11332Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyvale View Post
    go to the fb page join fdny and ask them they would kindly answer you ;-)
    "check the note on the left side of the page or call DCAS"
    Dannyvale likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    i heard they stitch your name onto them
    niiiiceeeee cant wait !!!!!!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    "check the note on the left side of the page or call DCAS"
    NO ... DCAS doesnt handle that ... he would have to call metro tech downtown bk

Forum Member

i heard they stitch your name onto them
    But wait.. Why would they stitch your name if others can't see it.. I guess we all running in thongs!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by I3akdraf View Post
    I have a few questions for people OTJ.
    What brand of gear does the FDNY give recruits during the academy? (i.e. morning pride w/bailout system)
    Are the boots rubber or leather?
    What kind of helmet is issued? (1010/1044/Ben 1or2)
    Are recruits allowed to add pieces to their gear during probation and/or allowed to change their boots or helmets during probation?
    Is there a website the FDNY has which shows what gear is approved to wear by the dept. and what isn't?
    I'll make this short and sweet. Wear what they give you... No more no less. It's morning pride but who cares. Get thru one step at a time... We just got our scores!!
    steven9d3 likes this.
    Exam #2000
    #10XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    But wait.. Why would they stitch your name if others can't see it.. I guess we all running in thongs!
    no after every run you require to shower before you go inside the classroom is 10 to a shower

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Your name goes right at the top of the *** crack, and so everybody whale tales it and that's how you keep track of whos who.

I've said too much, really need to stop spoiling the surprises.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Your name goes right at the top of the *** crack, and so everybody whale tales it and that's how you keep track of whos who.

THis all reminds me of the movie Orange County when Jack Black says he stripped down to his undies so he can run out of the fire faster... Classic scene between him and Stiller lmao
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post

i heard this is when and why people quit within the first two weeks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by skeetz111 View Post
    i had surgery back in 2005 due to Crohns disease. Havent had one symptom since then but on medication for life.

Wondering if I have something to worry about...
    I have Crohns Disease as well. Just went through the Medical for FDNY EMS. You will just need a Letter from your Gastro doctor stating the following: 1. What medication you are currently on 2. That you are currently stable and in remission 3. And that your doctor feels you are fit for duty with the FDNY.

Until you are called, I would definitely keep up on any check-ups with your personal doctor.

I was diagnosed in 2001 and have not had a flare up since 2006. And I've never had surgery from Crohns. Dont know if that changes anything.

Hope this helps.

Forum Member

Does anyone know the vision requirements? Like 20/40, 20/80, etc. because I wear glasses and wonder if i should be looking into lasik or not. Also a friend of mine went to college upstate at Siena, but he was at college off and on during 2010-2011, he applied for residency credit but how does residency credit work for people that went away to college during those years?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mke5385 View Post
    Does anyone know the vision requirements? Like 20/40, 20/80, etc. because I wear glasses and wonder if i should be looking into lasik or not. Also a friend of mine went to college upstate at Siena, but he was at college off and on during 2010-2011, he applied for residency credit but how does residency credit work for people that went away to college during those years?
    im pretty sure its 20/40

NEW YORK CITY RESIDENCY CREDIT: Points equivalent to five percent of the maximum possible final exam score will be added to the final exam score of those candidates who qualify for the New York City Residency Credit. To be eligible for the residency credit, a candidate must achieve a passing score on the examination, and must produce proof, as listed below, of the candidate’s continuous residency in New York City from July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011. Candidates interested in seeking the residency credit must apply by following the instructions which will be provided on the date of the computer-based test. Merely supplying a New York City address on the application form for this examination does not serve as a request for the residency credit. Requests for residency credit must be received by DCAS before the eligible list is established.
    Eligibilityfortheresidencycreditwillbeinvestigated andverifiedbytheFireDepartmentofNewYork. Inability to produce the required verification of residency documents for the continuous period of residency will result in the forfeiture of the New York City Residency Credit and an adjustment in the final score. Under no circumstances shall a Post Office (P.O. Box) address be accepted as proof of residency. As in the case of any intentional misrepresentation of a material fact on an employment application, candidates who claim New York City Residency Credit and who are determined to have intentionally misrepresented facts concerning New York City residency shall be terminated if they have already been appointed and/or disqualified and their names shall be removed from the eligible list, and they may be subject to criminal sanctions.
    Candidates applying for New York City Residency Credit must provide any three of the following:
    • Mortgage in the candidate’s name valid during the 12-month period between July 1, 2010 and June 30, 2011
    • Cable bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Telephone bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Gas, electric or water utility bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Checking or savings account statements for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Credit card statements for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011 and
    • W-2 form(s) from the candidate’s employer for the 2010 and 2011 tax years.
    Candidates aged 21 or younger have the option of submitting three of the proofs listed above or, as an alternative, candidates who are 21 years of age or younger at the time of their application to take the exam may provide:
    (a) A diploma from a New York City Public High School; or
    (b) A transcript from a private high school in New York City showing a New York City address for the candidate; or
    (c) A GED certificate issued from a New York City institution during the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011 to a
    candidate who presents evidence that his last school enrollment was in a New York City Public High School;
    -AND-
    one additional proof of residency, from the list above.
    The Fire Department of New York reserves the right to accept other documents in lieu of the above, under special circumstances which validate various living arrangements as determined by the Department and approved by the Department of Citywide Administrative Services.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mke5385 View Post
    If you wear glasses/contacts, it's probably a good idea to go ahead and get LASIK or PRK. Why wait til they tell you to get it, try and be one step ahead of the game.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Ran sprints today just to see where I'm at. Did 20 minutes worth. 30 second full blast with a 45 second slow jog/walk break. GODDAMN did it kick my ***. I recommend some of you go out and try it. You'll be humbled. Don't let my name fool you. I just randomly picked it back during the old list...

Forum Member

how do you time the run and then jog walk. are you looking at your watch?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Just using the stopwatch function on the iphone as I hold it. Have my music/podcasts in there too, so that helps a bit too. Smart phones are truly amazing...

Forum Member

im pretty sure its 20/40

NEW YORK CITY RESIDENCY CREDIT: Points equivalent to five percent of the maximum possible final exam score will be added to the final exam score of those candidates who qualify for the New York City Residency Credit. To be eligible for the residency credit, a candidate must achieve a passing score on the examination, and must produce proof, as listed below, of the candidate’s continuous residency in New York City from July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011. Candidates interested in seeking the residency credit must apply by following the instructions which will be provided on the date of the computer-based test. Merely supplying a New York City address on the application form for this examination does not serve as a request for the residency credit. Requests for residency credit must be received by DCAS before the eligible list is established.
    Eligibilityfortheresidencycreditwillbeinvestigated andverifiedbytheFireDepartmentofNewYork. Inability to produce the required verification of residency documents for the continuous period of residency will result in the forfeiture of the New York City Residency Credit and an adjustment in the final score. Under no circumstances shall a Post Office (P.O. Box) address be accepted as proof of residency. As in the case of any intentional misrepresentation of a material fact on an employment application, candidates who claim New York City Residency Credit and who are determined to have intentionally misrepresented facts concerning New York City residency shall be terminated if they have already been appointed and/or disqualified and their names shall be removed from the eligible list, and they may be subject to criminal sanctions.
    Candidates applying for New York City Residency Credit must provide any three of the following:
    • Mortgage in the candidate’s name valid during the 12-month period between July 1, 2010 and June 30, 2011
    • Cable bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Telephone bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Gas, electric or water utility bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Checking or savings account statements for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Credit card statements for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011 and
    • W-2 form(s) from the candidate’s employer for the 2010 and 2011 tax years.
    Candidates aged 21 or younger have the option of submitting three of the proofs listed above or, as an alternative, candidates who are 21 years of age or younger at the time of their application to take the exam may provide:
    (a) A diploma from a New York City Public High School; or
    (b) A transcript from a private high school in New York City showing a New York City address for the candidate; or
    (c) A GED certificate issued from a New York City institution during the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011 to a
    candidate who presents evidence that his last school enrollment was in a New York City Public High School;
    -AND-
    one additional proof of residency, from the list above.
    The Fire Department of New York reserves the right to accept other documents in lieu of the above, under special circumstances which validate various living arrangements as determined by the Department and approved by the Department of Citywide Administrative Services.
    i just don't see how this could be fair to those under 21. I do not have any of the upper proofs because I was still in HS when I first applied. I never had a job before so I never needed a bank account. Since I didn't have a job I didn't have any money to even have cable or any of the other things. I just hope i can have my parents get something notarized stating that I have always lived in NYC.
    List # - 36XX
    Intake - N/A

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by polanco View Post
    i just don't see how this could be fair to those under 21. I do not have any of the upper proofs because I was still in HS when I first applied. I never had a job before so I never needed a bank account. Since I didn't have a job I didn't have any money to even have cable or any of the other things. I just hope i can have my parents get something notarized stating that I have always lived in NYC.
    yea it s**ks i would contact dcas if i were you the only thing i know is they are going to follow everything by the books so they dont get a lawsuit or anything again

Forum Member

yea it s**ks i would contact dcas if i were you the only thing i know is they are going to follow everything by the books so they dont get a lawsuit or anything again
    i just realized that the residency credit part in the exam notice says that they have the right to accept other documents. Hopefully this is good in my part.
    List # - 36XX
    Intake - N/A

Forum Member

You should call DCAS and see if a notarized letter stating you lived there at the time would count.
    Test 2000
    Score:98
    List# 5XXX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by eng1irons View Post
    Were you charged with dwi and it was plead to dwai? That probably makes a difference.

Very rarely (at least in the city) are people charged with dwai. Even if you're under the .08 limit, there's a more general dwi charge for driving while under the influence that we charge. It usually gets knocked down or plead out to dwai.

Not sure about the 5 year rule, but i'd assume it's similar.
    I was charged of a DWI but plead guilty to the lesser charge DWAI. If NYPD can hire you after 5 years of not gettig another alcohol related incident then I assume FDNY may do the same or not require you to wait longer than 5 years. Does anyone know if a DWAI or DWI is an automatic DQ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by polanco View Post
    You just know yet how they are gonna do it. They will probably figure it out before they get to your number. No one here has the answer.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Just using the stopwatch function on the iphone as I hold it. Have my music/podcasts in there too, so that helps a bit too. Smart phones are truly amazing...
    I use the nike app that tells me how far I run and what speed, or lets you set a distance and then tell you when you are done. You can play music while it is on
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    You just know yet how they are gonna do it. They will probably figure it out before they get to your number. No one here has the answer.
    Calm down if u read the actual notice of exam they understand that you will not have any bills in your name and they will take it as a case to case when you get called As long as u have your hs diploma you will be fine

Forum Member

I didn't ask that question, I was answering him.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Thread Information