Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 195 of 1209 FirstFirst ... 951451851921931941951961971982052452956951195 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,900 of 24176
Like Tree9405Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFTB View Post
    Damn I got a high score and im in the 3xxx zone... Wonder how all of this is gonna go. Anyone know how many FF the city is planning to hire in general?
    Read like the last 5 pages of this thread.
    CableGuy516 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FFTB View Post
    Damn I got a high score and im in the 3xxx zone... Wonder how all of this is gonna go. Anyone know how many FF the city is planning to hire in general?
    Approximately 600 a year, so around 2400 over the course of the list cycle(4 years)
    FFTB likes this.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

"The commish's letter said 600 every year for 4 years.." Got it lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Approximately 600 a year, so around 2400 over the course of the list cycle(4 years)
    Damn I bet your happy with your list number!

MembersZone Subscriber

Does anyone on here know once we take the CPAT what kind of time frame we are looking at for the medical, backgrounds, etc.? If they have a class in June/July timeframe when would they start calling people to begin the process?
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Does anyone on here know once we take the CPAT what kind of time frame we are looking at for the medical, backgrounds, etc.? If they have a class in June/July timeframe when would they start calling people to begin the process?

A friend of mine who has been OTJ for a while said in his opinion people who could be in the June/July class wouldn't get their paperwork until late December/January after the 1st class is in. He said the city would want to make sure that class got in and then immediately they'd start the process so the next group could be ready by June/July. The CPAT prep course is 12 weeks so you'd at the very least have to start that in March to have it completed by June.

But he stressed this is just his opinion based off of how he's seen the city do things in the past, it's not gospel.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    A friend of mine who has been OTJ for a while said in his opinion people who could be in the June/July class wouldn't get their paperwork until late December/January after the 1st class is in. He said the city would want to make sure that class got in and then immediately they'd start the process so the next group could be ready by June/July. The CPAT prep course is 12 weeks so you'd at the very least have to start that in March to have it completed by June.

But he stressed this is just his opinion based off of how he's seen the city do things in the past, it's not gospel.
    Thanks man
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

Forum Member

Hey fellas about time I get approved to reply. I see a lot of different opinions and answers. A lot of you guys wondering if the 8,000's numbers would be called. I'm actually wondering if the 13,000's would be called. I mean yes i know that's a pretty high number and if this was previous test no question about it this number would never get reached... But this is not the same test ...a lot of people got amped to take this test people that got no heart or desire to be a firefighter. I even Have a case where I heard a kid ask a LT "what if don't want to go inside the burning building" SERIOUSLY ??? Now with this being, we still have the cpat to pass, some ppl don't make the age either to old to young, I even heard EMS promotion not looking to good groups went from 9 to 5 and they haven't taking the physical text yet ... Once all of this is done a lot of ppl are going to drop like flies !!!!! What you guys think?

Forum Member

There's always hope, the fdny is assuming that 1 in every 4 candidates will accept the job offer. If that number climbs to 1 in 5 then they will reach list number 1200...so about 1 in every 5.2 or so will get to 13,000 ....it's not a big chance but it's a chance. In the mean time apply to as many other places as possible, it can't hurt.

Forum Member

I agree with you and I am aware that the chances are minimal but there's still a little hope left in there. I guess we would have to see what the numbers are looking 2-3 yrs from now

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Now, this will be an interesting turnout. If your not in the 97 range I'm sure the chances will be very slim. Even the 97 range have a slim chance because there's a boatload of candidates that didn't claim extra points in a large scale. Unfortunately I can say we bottom feeders will be bumped because of this. I also don't understand what happen to some of the 6019ers, they scored more than well on the previous exam. But on this one they went way below what anyone would expect. A smart person doesnt go from score almost a 100 to scoring 85 90 on these kinds of exams. It's just beyond bogus in my opinion and also heart breaking. I wish they can consider extending the age requirement permanently so that these worthy candidates get a crack at it again. Another opinion of mine, if anyone deserves PRIORITY hiring, it should be people from the 6019 group that fell within hiring range.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyvale View Post
    Hey fellas about time I get approved to reply. I see a lot of different opinions and answers. A lot of you guys wondering if the 8,000's numbers would be called. I'm actually wondering if the 13,000's would be called. I mean yes i know that's a pretty high number and if this was previous test no question about it this number would never get reached... But this is not the same test ...a lot of people got amped to take this test people that got no heart or desire to be a firefighter. I even Have a case where I heard a kid ask a LT "what if don't want to go inside the burning building" SERIOUSLY ??? Now with this being, we still have the cpat to pass, some ppl don't make the age either to old to young, I even heard EMS promotion not looking to good groups went from 9 to 5 and they haven't taking the physical text yet ... Once all of this is done a lot of ppl are going to drop like flies !!!!! What you guys think?
    lol gotta love the optimism, but i think even guys near that 8,000-8500 will be biting their nails
    Dannyvale likes this.

Forum Member

Yup ... You right .. Also I know ppl that applied for residency credit and don't gott a way to prove it .. We going to see and hear a lot of changes
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Forum Member

I really hope they don't let up on the residency credit and just allow any one to get it. If you are not in college you should have at least a W2 to your address.
    stang0480 likes this.

Forum Member

Lol yea man I'm trying to stay positive the longest I can .. Or maybe I'm in denial ... But I've Been doing my math and let's see ... Congrats on your number ... You deff going to get a call soon let us know how things are looking like and ppl looking like when you get called
    grok350 likes this.

Forum Member

Just the opposite... Every step of this process is gonna be strict.. They can afford to pass over guys as there's thousands of us waiting for a spot. Get your documents lined up now.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYgrad2012 View Post
    Do you think the FDNY would be flexible in terms of documents needed for the residency points?
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Forum Member

Not trying to start rumors or post B.S. Simply passing on something I heard at work today from a few fireman that come in to watch football every Sunday. Couple of them went for there physicals recently and got to talking to a Batt Chief. They said there gonna crunch in 350 guys into each academy class to allow for alot of guys dropping out. Said there really gonna try to flush out the guys they feel shouldn't of made it there. Not to be a jerk, but I hope they do. Also hope this turns out to be true. Again, just passing on what was told to me by guys on the job.

79xx
    Last edited by stang0480; 10-08-2012 at 12:05 AM.

Forum Member

Cpat is going to weed out alot of people and the1st class will be all ems guys/girls 2nd class most likely wont be full of ems guys/girls so you guys/girls need to start training now, dont run on a treadmill run in the streets and do some stairs you dont want to get hit by surprise with a letter for the cpat and not be prepared...alot of ems guys didnt think the cpat would come so fast and alot are goign to have a hard time....stay out of trouble and keep training!!
    Dannyvale likes this.

Forum Member

That sounds like it could go down ... Good !!! Music to me ears

Forum Member

Very true all facts !!! Run run you gotta love to run that academy is no joke ... The cpat is one thing but the academy is a different world

Thread Information