Like Tree9541Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

i was trying to answer him also but it was attached to your reply

Forum Member

Been wondering how come the ratio for FDNY is lower than the nypd and the physical and academy for FDNY is much tougher .....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Ran sprints today just to see where I'm at. Did 20 minutes worth. 30 second full blast with a 45 second slow jog/walk break. GODDAMN did it kick my ***. I recommend some of you go out and try it. You'll be humbled. Don't let my name fool you. I just randomly picked it back during the old list...
    I know my ex used to run cross country and she was telling me back then that if u sprint the straight aways on a track then walk the turns and repeat that will greatly improve your short run times. I did it every few runs and it def does help. You just have to try and do about 20-25 sprints. its exhausting but feels great when you are done!
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyvale View Post
    Been wondering how come the ratio for FDNY is lower than the nypd and the physical and academy for FDNY is much tougher .....
    The phyc and background checks on NYPD are WAY tougher. That's where mostly everyone gets DQed in PD. the drop rate in the academy for PD is VERY low.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    The phyc and background checks on NYPD are WAY tougher. That's where mostly everyone gets DQed in PD. the drop rate in the academy for PD is VERY low.
    Oh ok gotcha ... I'm hoping this test has a different turn out from previous tests

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyvale View Post
    Oh ok gotcha ... I'm hoping this test has a different turn out from previous tests
    Not to get anyone's hopes up but I'm pretty sure that this test will have a BIG turn around from others. We need to keep this in mind, this test was 50% knowledge and 50% "luck" basically. Alot of people who scored really high probably got lucky on the personality section and they have no idea about how the process works, how good in shape you should be, what to get ready for etc.. Everyone in this forum have either past experience with FD from 6019 or are well informed about everything that the process and the academy consist of. Others are clueeeelessss right now and are probably not doing much to get themselves ready for what's coming. Just stay ready, when things get moving they will move VERY Fast.
    Last edited by Jukez; 10-25-2012 at 09:00 AM.
    fc6019 and Dannyvale like this.

Forum Member

Not to get anyone's hopes up but I'm pretty sure that this test will have a BIG turn around from others. We need to keep this in mind, this test was 50% knowledge and 50% "luck" basically. Alot of people who scored really high probably got lucky on the personality section and they have no idea about how the process works, how good in shape you should be, what to get ready for etc.. Everyone in this forum have either past experience with FD from 6019 or are well informed about everything that the process and the academy consist of. Others are clueeeelessss right now and are probably not doing much to get themselves ready for what's coming. Just stay ready, when things get moving they it will move VERY Fast.
    Aside from what you and others may think, most of us who did well on the exam, did not do well because we were lucky. We did well because we prepared. It horrible and makes me sick that some guys from 6019 got screwed but for the most part I see a ton of names I recognize from 6019.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    Aside from what you and others may think, most of us who did well on the exam, did not do well because we were lucky. We did well because we prepared. It horrible and makes me sick that some guys from 6019 got screwed but for the most part I see a ton of names I recognize from 6019.
    Never said you didn't prepare bro. I said "a lot of people". Trust me I prepared too, I studied and researched all this personality BS as much as anyone in this forum did. But you have to admit, there are going to be plenty of people who were trying to sound like the perfect civilian who will land on top of the list. Those who don't even really want to be firefighters as much as we do and who will most likely fail in one of the steps of the process.

Forum Member

Never said you didn't prepare bro. I said "a lot of people". Trust me I prepared too, I studied and researched all this personality BS as much as anyone in this forum did. But you have to admit, there are going to be plenty of people who were trying to sound like the perfect civilian who will land on top of the list. Those who don't even really want to be firefighters as much as we do and who will most likely fail in one of the steps of the process.
    No, I don't have to admit it.

The reason the ratio for the FD is so much lower than the PD is not because of tougher backgrounds etc, its because most people would rather be a FF than a cop. I took the PD test years ago and did great but I never followed thru because 99% of the cops I know are miserable! FD is a much more desirable job which means many people who take the test do so because they genuinely want to become firefighters.

Now you could argue, well a lot of people took the test because the vulcans held they're hand every step of the way, true but I think its safe to say those people most likely didn't prepare very well and most likely are not in hiring range.

Now that I can admit it, one of the most irritating things I saw through this whole entire process leading up to the test, was guys I knew, who never wanted to become FF's all of a sudden decide "hey. you know what, the economy is crap, my job sucks I wanna be a fireman!" These are guys who all were eligible to take 6019 but didn't, they were all hyped up about the job, one even telling me "i just cant wait to get on already!" and you know where they are now. Nowhere near hiring range. All of them! They just didn't understand the competition they were up against and how important the exam truly is.

That being said, with a s&itty economy, you may see a lot more guys take the job than in years past, solely due to the lack of other opportunities. I would think a lot less guys are going to defer now knowing how unsure this process can be especially while the courts still have a say.

Forum Member

The reason the ratio for the FD is so much lower than the PD is not because of tougher backgrounds etc, its because most people would rather be a FF than a cop. I took the PD test years ago and did great but I never followed thru because 99% of the cops I know are miserable! FD is a much more desirable job which means many people who take the test do so because they genuinely want to become firefighters.

Now you could argue, well a lot of people took the test because the vulcans held they're hand every step of the way, true but I think its safe to say those people most likely didn't prepare very well and most likely are not in hiring range.

Now that I can admit it, one of the most irritating things I saw through this whole entire process leading up to the test, was guys I knew, who never wanted to become FF's all of a sudden decide "hey. you know what, the economy is crap, my job sucks I wanna be a fireman!" These are guys who all were eligible to take 6019 but didn't, they were all hyped up about the job, one even telling me "i just cant wait to get on already!" and you know where they are now. Nowhere near hiring range. All of them! They just didn't understand the competition they were up against and how important the exam truly is.

That being said, with a s&itty economy, you may see a lot more guys take the job than in years past, solely due to the lack of other opportunities. I would think a lot less guys are going to defer now knowing how unsure this process can be especially while the courts still have a say.
    the last time they hired the economy was still bad why would more people take it now also the numbers the city posted about only hiring are conservative if they only hire 2,400 all that does is cover the next 4 years of guys retiring and it still leaves the job short 600+ guys

Forum Member

Your entitled to your own opinion but I disagree. Yes, more people will TAKE the job, BUT they will go through alot more people than years before to get the head counts required for the academy. Just look at The Ems list and how over 100 people out of the 800+ tried to slip through the cracks because of the extended age for certain people. Imagine 42000 people, how many in this list you think are trying to do the same?? This is just one example. Now the actual process..... I think this time around they will be more strict with absolutely EVERYTHING just to make sure there's no lawsuits especially having people overlooking the process and hiring. I guess we will just have to wait and see how things will turn out in a few months.
    Dannyvale and steven9d3 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    the last time they hired the economy was still bad why would more people take it now also the numbers the city posted about only hiring are conservative if they only hire 2,400 all that does is cover the next 4 years of guys retiring and it still leaves the job short 600+ guys
    In June of '08, the huge decline hadn't begun and most never thought it would've been as bad as it became, can't compare the two. Also lots of guys deferred that first class Plus, they're a ton more vets and legacy on this list than last time.

Your entitled to your own opinion but I disagree. Yes, more people will TAKE the job, BUT they will go through alot more people than years before to get the head counts required for the academy. Just look at The Ems list and how over 100 people out of the 800+ tried to slip through the cracks because of the extended age for certain people. Imagine 42000 people, how many in this list you think are trying to do the same?? This is just one example. Now the actual process..... I think this time around they will be more strict with absolutely EVERYTHING just to make sure there's no lawsuits especially having people overlooking the process and hiring. I guess we will just have to wait and see how things will turn out in a few months.
    Don't get me wrong, I believe if there are no hiccups throughout the life of the list, this list will run deep. I wasn't saying for sure things I explained would happen, I just said "you could argue" "this may happen" I'm just throwing other variables out there that I haven't heard on here yet.

Also on the topic of them being "strict" with requirements, remember that that could go both ways, if you know what I'm mean.
    Last edited by GIMMEFIRE600; 10-25-2012 at 10:39 AM.

Forum Member

Question: I had to leave NY to get employment once it was apparent 6019 was going know where. I got a job as a police officer in CT and scored well on exam 2000. Should I make it to the background, will my current residency status be held against me? I realize they require residency in one of the various counties or the city at the time of appointment. I obviously would make a rapid adjustment should I be given a conditional offer. Any thoughts.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Convict65USMC View Post
    Question: I had to leave NY to get employment once it was apparent 6019 was going know where. I got a job as a police officer in CT and scored well on exam 2000. Should I make it to the background, will my current residency status be held against me? I realize they require residency in one of the various counties or the city at the time of appointment. I obviously would make a rapid adjustment should I be given a conditional offer. Any thoughts.
    it shouldn't as long as you didnt claim you were NYC resident during the test out of curiosity what is your list number around?
    Last edited by steven9d3; 10-25-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Forum Member

3xx, thanks
    FDNYPD likes this.
    FDNY exam 2000
    score: 104
    list # 3xx
    "Where I lack in experience, I more than make up for with inexperience."

Forum Member

In June of '08, the huge decline hadn't begun and most never thought it would've been as bad as it became, can't compare the two. Also lots of guys deferred that first class Plus, they're a ton more vets and legacy on this list than last time.

Don't get me wrong, I believe if there are no hiccups throughout the life of the list, this list will run deep. I wasn't saying for sure things I explained would happen, I just said "you could argue" "this may happen" I'm just throwing other variables out there that I haven't heard on here yet.

Also on the topic of them being "strict" with requirements, remember that that could go both ways, if you know what I'm mean.
    Oh yes I knowwwww exactly what you mean but I Doubt they would give favoritism to SOME and still set themselves up for another lawsuit regardless. If anything I think they will just make it strict for EVERYONE so there will be no legal issues involved later on. So all that " I got arrested but my dad is a FD captain" is out the window this time around. Which is fair IMO.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Oh yes I knowwwww exactly what you mean but I Doubt they would give favoritism to SOME and still set themselves up for another lawsuit regardless. If anything I think they will just make it strict for EVERYONE so there will be no legal issues involved later on. So all that " I got arrested but my dad is a FD captain" is out the window this time around. Which is fair IMO.
    in one of the Dept. orders they said if anyone on the job make calls to the investigators they will be disciplined this includes the Vulcans
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Thought you guys might enjoy this. Kid I went to H.S. with scored somewhere in the 7000's I think. Saw him walking around with one of those OTJ fleeces guys wear THAT HE ORDERED WITH HIS NAME ON IT AFTER HE GOT HIS SCORE! Talk about a jabroni huh?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Convict65USMC View Post
    It is unclear what you mean by "held against" you. If you claimed resident points according to the NOE and can prove it, you'll get those points. If you did not claim residency points because you are living and working in CT, then it's a non-issue. Other than residency points, living in NYC is not an issue during the process, other than that you must be a resident by time of appointment.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Thought you guys might enjoy this. Kid I went to H.S. with scored somewhere in the 7000's I think. Saw him walking around with one of those OTJ fleeces guys wear THAT HE ORDERED WITH HIS NAME ON IT AFTER HE GOT HIS SCORE! Talk about a jabroni huh?
    1) That might be the most herbish thing I've ever heard in my life.

2) Big props for the use of jabroni. Big fan of the term

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Is a bird, no is a plane, NO is BUFF MaN!
    mocon337 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post

HAHAHA great use of the term herb. You seem like an alright guy.
    List 2000
    No points
    Score: 99
    #4XXX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post

Hahaha herbish. And yea I use that word probably a lot more liberally than I should, but then again, they are too many f***ing jabronies walking around.

Forum Member

Don't buy the Vulcan hype. Daddy couldn't help laddy then and he can't now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Don't buy the Vulcan hype. Daddy couldn't help laddy then and he can't now.
    1 of the many flat out LIES those ****s kept spewing the last few years.

Thread Information