Like Tree9532Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Don't buy the Vulcan hype. Daddy couldn't help laddy then and he can't now.
    Oh really? In One of the last classes a friend of mine told me a kid got kicked out the academy and his father was a lieutenant and one of the union reps, guess who got brought back because his daddy got a Fit? My friend is not a Vulcan society member By the way.

Forum Member

The only proof you need as to whether or not guys had calls made on their behalf in the past is "Supplement No. 46 to Department Order No. 61"

Forum Member

Any news on when the first class from exam 2000 is slated to start the academy?
    FDNY exam 2000
    score: 104
    list # 3xx
    "Where I lack in experience, I more than make up for with inexperience."

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Convict65USMC View Post
    Any news on when the first class from exam 2000 is slated to start the academy?
    Hopefully June/July timeframe.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    No, I don't have to admit it.

The reason the ratio for the FD is so much lower than the PD is not because of tougher backgrounds etc, its because most people would rather be a FF than a cop. I took the PD test years ago and did great but I never followed thru because 99% of the cops I know are miserable! FD is a much more desirable job which means many people who take the test do so because they genuinely want to become firefighters.

Now you could argue, well a lot of people took the test because the vulcans held they're hand every step of the way, true but I think its safe to say those people most likely didn't prepare very well and most likely are not in hiring range.

Now that I can admit it, one of the most irritating things I saw through this whole entire process leading up to the test, was guys I knew, who never wanted to become FF's all of a sudden decide "hey. you know what, the economy is crap, my job sucks I wanna be a fireman!" These are guys who all were eligible to take 6019 but didn't, they were all hyped up about the job, one even telling me "i just cant wait to get on already!" and you know where they are now. Nowhere near hiring range. All of them! They just didn't understand the competition they were up against and how important the exam truly is.

That being said, with a s&itty economy, you may see a lot more guys take the job than in years past, solely due to the lack of other opportunities. I would think a lot less guys are going to defer now knowing how unsure this process can be especially while the courts still have a say.
    I don't want to go in debate ... But I like to ask and I want to fill my self with all the information I can to know what's going and why and who etc etc .... You mentioned more people want to be a ff than a cop. Maybe true or not but you got more people taking the pd test ... Ff test is only offer every 4 yrs and this is the first time the numbers go as high as 40,000+ and I have yet met someone in person tell me I want this job I loved to be a ff ... All I have gotten was .. "I just wAnt to drive the truck" "I just want to watch tv and get paid for it " "what about if I don't want to go inside the burning building" <----- I those people are ahead of me I really hope they fail someone where in the process

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Hopefully June/July timeframe.
    im think late april early may

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    I hope your right!... if they do this 2 classes at once deal than this may be true
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    I hope your right!... if they do this 2 classes at once deal than this may be true
    what their talking about is putting in the first class then once they hit the 3 month mark then start the second class and so on the rumor is they want 9-10 classes but no one knows for sure

Forum Member

what their talking about is putting in the first class then once they hit the 3 month mark then start the second class and so on the rumor is they want 9-10 classes but no one knows for sure
    Yeah thats what I meant. I can see it working for the first class especially since the EMS class will NOT be a full 320... im crossing my fingers that a low 800 list is good enough for that april class...
    zachryw2001 likes this.

Forum Member

Yeah thats what I meant. I can see it working for the first class especially since the EMS class will NOT be a full 320... im crossing my fingers that a low 800 list is good enough for that april class...
    ok good luck i know there is going to be a bunch a ems guys in the 2nd or 3rd class one of my buddies was in the last ems academy that was able to take the promotional exam so he has to wait for his 2 years to come around

Forum Member

I HIGHLY recommend every one of you potential candidates read up on the 6019 thread if you haven't already. I have been going through from page one and "liking" posts with helpful information to save them for future reference. The amount of useful info on that thread is never ending - you can follow these guys through their entire process from receiving their initial letters to the letter to report to the rock, and all the while guys like bam and southbx are dropping in their wisdom for the future to soak up. Almost any question you can imagine was asked and answered more than once, from the medical heart rate requirements all the way to what duffel bag to buy for the rock. It's worth the read.
    knicksh2o and Jackooze like this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Even better. What makes you say that, tho.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

ok good luck i know there is going to be a bunch a ems guys in the 2nd or 3rd class one of my buddies was in the last ems academy that was able to take the promotional exam so he has to wait for his 2 years to come around
    Yeah i know. Thats going to be killer. Im just hoping it evens out with all the vets who are not eligible either. Almost everyone ahead of me is a vet so I think some of them will be run through fairly quickly as well. Only time will tell tho.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah i know. Thats going to be killer. Im just hoping it evens out with all the vets who are not eligible either. Almost everyone ahead of me is a vet so I think some of them will be run through fairly quickly as well. Only time will tell tho.
    Just wondering why you think the vets will not be eligible?
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Just wondering why you think the vets will not be eligible?
    This is nothing from my personal knowledge but someone earliet in this thread mentioned that many vets are still on reserve duty or something like that. I'm not too familiar with how this works. I know a buddy of mine is a marine and he is back but has 2 years of reserve duty so in theory if he took the exam, which this idiot didn't, he won't be eligible to enter the academy for 2 years.
    I very well could be wrong so please don't quote me

Forum Member

This is hearsay. Until the CPAT/medicals are done there is no reliable information as to how many eligible candidates there will be in the EMS list. Never mind the fact that that information will not be public. We will probably know how many people will be in the first class when the department order listing those people being promoted is released, and not much sooner.

Also officially, they have made no mention of doing 2 classes at once, so I wouldn't believe that either until it actually happens. Regardless, if you're in the top 1000 (and definitely in the top 6-700) you should be training now with the expectation of possibly going into a class in June.
    zachryw2001 and HopefulFF like this.

Forum Member

Hey whats up guys first post but like everyone Ive been reading this thread religiously for months. Don't know if this has been covered but is the CPAT given to everyone on the list or is it given as they reach you on the list?

Good luck to everyone.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingHenrik View Post
    Hey whats up guys first post but like everyone Ive been reading this thread religiously for months. Don't know if this has been covered but is the CPAT given to everyone on the list or is it given as they reach you on the list?

Good luck to everyone.
    When they reach your list #
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Forum Member

Thanks for clearing that up. Looks like I'm gonna wear out that vest lol

Anyone still looking for a vest I'm using this one and I have no complaints:

http://www.amazon.com/ZFOsports%C2%A...rds=zfo+60+lbs

There's an 80lb one also.
    Last edited by KingHenrik; 10-25-2012 at 04:41 PM.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 99
    List #: 4XXX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingHenrik View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up. Looks like I'm gonna wear out that vest lol

Anyone still looking for a vest I'm using this one and I have no complaints:

http://www.amazon.com/ZFOsports%C2%A...rds=zfo+60+lbs

There's an 80lb one also.

Lol I bought a 75 lb a few years back. While it is a different brand, it is essentially identical. I believe it was just under $350.

Story of my goddamn life...
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    I HIGHLY recommend every one of you potential candidates read up on the 6019 thread if you haven't already. I have been going through from page one and "liking" posts with helpful information to save them for future reference. The amount of useful info on that thread is never ending - you can follow these guys through their entire process from receiving their initial letters to the letter to report to the rock, and all the while guys like bam and southbx are dropping in their wisdom for the future to soak up. Almost any question you can imagine was asked and answered more than once, from the medical heart rate requirements all the way to what duffel bag to buy for the rock. It's worth the read.
    Or you can just ask me since I unfortunately did all that **** lol
    zachryw2001 and FDNYPD like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Or you can just ask me since I unfortunately did all that **** lol
    I hear you vek, that sucks. But as someone who didn't go through the 6019 fiasco, reading through the thread as the first class went through the entire process and finally got the call was yet another boost to my motivation to train. You could sense the different feelings each guy had as they went through each step and I couldn't help but picture some of us in that position very soon. We have all the time in the world, so there is no excuse to step foot in the rock unprepared.

Forum Member

What happens if your heart rate goes over on the stair master?

Forum Member

Around how many people total took 6019? I'm guessing not nearly as many as 2000.
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    Around how many people total took 6019? I'm guessing not nearly as many as 2000.
    A little over 20,000 I believe
    anapolitano89 likes this.

Thread Information