Like Tree9532Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #4876
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Don't buy the Vulcan hype. Daddy couldn't help laddy then and he can't now.
    Oh really? In One of the last classes a friend of mine told me a kid got kicked out the academy and his father was a lieutenant and one of the union reps, guess who got brought back because his daddy got a Fit? My friend is not a Vulcan society member By the way.

  2. #4877
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    506

    Default

    The only proof you need as to whether or not guys had calls made on their behalf in the past is "Supplement No. 46 to Department Order No. 61"

  3. #4878
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Any news on when the first class from exam 2000 is slated to start the academy?
    FDNY exam 2000
    score: 104
    list # 3xx
    "Where I lack in experience, I more than make up for with inexperience."

  4. #4879
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Currently IL
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Convict65USMC View Post
    Any news on when the first class from exam 2000 is slated to start the academy?
    Hopefully June/July timeframe.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

    "But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

  5. #4880
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    No, I don't have to admit it.

    The reason the ratio for the FD is so much lower than the PD is not because of tougher backgrounds etc, its because most people would rather be a FF than a cop. I took the PD test years ago and did great but I never followed thru because 99% of the cops I know are miserable! FD is a much more desirable job which means many people who take the test do so because they genuinely want to become firefighters.

    Now you could argue, well a lot of people took the test because the vulcans held they're hand every step of the way, true but I think its safe to say those people most likely didn't prepare very well and most likely are not in hiring range.

    Now that I can admit it, one of the most irritating things I saw through this whole entire process leading up to the test, was guys I knew, who never wanted to become FF's all of a sudden decide "hey. you know what, the economy is crap, my job sucks I wanna be a fireman!" These are guys who all were eligible to take 6019 but didn't, they were all hyped up about the job, one even telling me "i just cant wait to get on already!" and you know where they are now. Nowhere near hiring range. All of them! They just didn't understand the competition they were up against and how important the exam truly is.

    That being said, with a s&itty economy, you may see a lot more guys take the job than in years past, solely due to the lack of other opportunities. I would think a lot less guys are going to defer now knowing how unsure this process can be especially while the courts still have a say.
    I don't want to go in debate ... But I like to ask and I want to fill my self with all the information I can to know what's going and why and who etc etc .... You mentioned more people want to be a ff than a cop. Maybe true or not but you got more people taking the pd test ... Ff test is only offer every 4 yrs and this is the first time the numbers go as high as 40,000+ and I have yet met someone in person tell me I want this job I loved to be a ff ... All I have gotten was .. "I just wAnt to drive the truck" "I just want to watch tv and get paid for it " "what about if I don't want to go inside the burning building" <----- I those people are ahead of me I really hope they fail someone where in the process

  6. #4881
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Hopefully June/July timeframe.
    im think late april early may

  7. #4882
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    im think late april early may
    I hope your right!... if they do this 2 classes at once deal than this may be true
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

  8. #4883
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    I hope your right!... if they do this 2 classes at once deal than this may be true
    what their talking about is putting in the first class then once they hit the 3 month mark then start the second class and so on the rumor is they want 9-10 classes but no one knows for sure

  9. #4884
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    what their talking about is putting in the first class then once they hit the 3 month mark then start the second class and so on the rumor is they want 9-10 classes but no one knows for sure
    Yeah thats what I meant. I can see it working for the first class especially since the EMS class will NOT be a full 320... im crossing my fingers that a low 800 list is good enough for that april class...
    zachryw2001 likes this.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

  10. #4885
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    Yeah thats what I meant. I can see it working for the first class especially since the EMS class will NOT be a full 320... im crossing my fingers that a low 800 list is good enough for that april class...
    ok good luck i know there is going to be a bunch a ems guys in the 2nd or 3rd class one of my buddies was in the last ems academy that was able to take the promotional exam so he has to wait for his 2 years to come around

  11. #4886
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    142

    Default

    I HIGHLY recommend every one of you potential candidates read up on the 6019 thread if you haven't already. I have been going through from page one and "liking" posts with helpful information to save them for future reference. The amount of useful info on that thread is never ending - you can follow these guys through their entire process from receiving their initial letters to the letter to report to the rock, and all the while guys like bam and southbx are dropping in their wisdom for the future to soak up. Almost any question you can imagine was asked and answered more than once, from the medical heart rate requirements all the way to what duffel bag to buy for the rock. It's worth the read.
    knicksh2o and Jackooze like this.

  12. #4887
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Currently IL
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    im think late april early may
    Even better. What makes you say that, tho.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

    "But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

  13. #4888
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    ok good luck i know there is going to be a bunch a ems guys in the 2nd or 3rd class one of my buddies was in the last ems academy that was able to take the promotional exam so he has to wait for his 2 years to come around
    Yeah i know. Thats going to be killer. Im just hoping it evens out with all the vets who are not eligible either. Almost everyone ahead of me is a vet so I think some of them will be run through fairly quickly as well. Only time will tell tho.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

  14. #4889
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Currently IL
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    Yeah i know. Thats going to be killer. Im just hoping it evens out with all the vets who are not eligible either. Almost everyone ahead of me is a vet so I think some of them will be run through fairly quickly as well. Only time will tell tho.
    Just wondering why you think the vets will not be eligible?
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

    "But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

  15. #4890
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Just wondering why you think the vets will not be eligible?
    This is nothing from my personal knowledge but someone earliet in this thread mentioned that many vets are still on reserve duty or something like that. I'm not too familiar with how this works. I know a buddy of mine is a marine and he is back but has 2 years of reserve duty so in theory if he took the exam, which this idiot didn't, he won't be eligible to enter the academy for 2 years.
    I very well could be wrong so please don't quote me
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

  16. #4891
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    Yeah thats what I meant. I can see it working for the first class especially since the EMS class will NOT be a full 320... im crossing my fingers that a low 800 list is good enough for that april class...
    This is hearsay. Until the CPAT/medicals are done there is no reliable information as to how many eligible candidates there will be in the EMS list. Never mind the fact that that information will not be public. We will probably know how many people will be in the first class when the department order listing those people being promoted is released, and not much sooner.

    Also officially, they have made no mention of doing 2 classes at once, so I wouldn't believe that either until it actually happens. Regardless, if you're in the top 1000 (and definitely in the top 6-700) you should be training now with the expectation of possibly going into a class in June.
    zachryw2001 and HopefulFF like this.

  17. #4892
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Hey whats up guys first post but like everyone Ive been reading this thread religiously for months. Don't know if this has been covered but is the CPAT given to everyone on the list or is it given as they reach you on the list?

    Good luck to everyone.

  18. #4893
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingHenrik View Post
    Hey whats up guys first post but like everyone Ive been reading this thread religiously for months. Don't know if this has been covered but is the CPAT given to everyone on the list or is it given as they reach you on the list?

    Good luck to everyone.
    When they reach your list #
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

  19. #4894
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Thanks for clearing that up. Looks like I'm gonna wear out that vest lol

    Anyone still looking for a vest I'm using this one and I have no complaints:

    http://www.amazon.com/ZFOsports%C2%A...rds=zfo+60+lbs

    There's an 80lb one also.
    Last edited by KingHenrik; 10-25-2012 at 04:41 PM.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 99
    List #: 4XXX

  20. #4895
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingHenrik View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up. Looks like I'm gonna wear out that vest lol

    Anyone still looking for a vest I'm using this one and I have no complaints:

    http://www.amazon.com/ZFOsports%C2%A...rds=zfo+60+lbs

    There's an 80lb one also.

    Lol I bought a 75 lb a few years back. While it is a different brand, it is essentially identical. I believe it was just under $350.

    Story of my goddamn life...
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  21. #4896
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    I HIGHLY recommend every one of you potential candidates read up on the 6019 thread if you haven't already. I have been going through from page one and "liking" posts with helpful information to save them for future reference. The amount of useful info on that thread is never ending - you can follow these guys through their entire process from receiving their initial letters to the letter to report to the rock, and all the while guys like bam and southbx are dropping in their wisdom for the future to soak up. Almost any question you can imagine was asked and answered more than once, from the medical heart rate requirements all the way to what duffel bag to buy for the rock. It's worth the read.
    Or you can just ask me since I unfortunately did all that **** lol
    zachryw2001 and FDNYPD like this.

  22. #4897
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Or you can just ask me since I unfortunately did all that **** lol
    I hear you vek, that sucks. But as someone who didn't go through the 6019 fiasco, reading through the thread as the first class went through the entire process and finally got the call was yet another boost to my motivation to train. You could sense the different feelings each guy had as they went through each step and I couldn't help but picture some of us in that position very soon. We have all the time in the world, so there is no excuse to step foot in the rock unprepared.

  23. #4898
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    What happens if your heart rate goes over on the stair master?

  24. #4899
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Around how many people total took 6019? I'm guessing not nearly as many as 2000.
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

  25. #4900
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    Around how many people total took 6019? I'm guessing not nearly as many as 2000.
    A little over 20,000 I believe
    anapolitano89 likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 20 users browsing this thread. (8 members and 12 guests)

  1. 40&OUT,
  2. 4040clubBouncer,
  3. Bee1985,
  4. EKFCASPER,
  5. Matador611,
  6. Riverbirdjack,
  7. SirEd

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 12:13 PM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register