Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 199 of 1162 FirstFirst ... 99149189196197198199200201202209249299699 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,980 of 23238
Like Tree9097Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    The City Law Dept are a bunch of morons for letting this go in the first place. Talk about a "Hook-up" right? Isn't that the same thing this guy blasted from his almighty bench?

The craziest **** is that there's a chance this little clown is in the same class as me down the road.
    if he is, you should become friends with him, after a few years maybe the judge will return the favor and appoint you commissioner lol.

Forum Member

The City Law Dept are a bunch of morons for letting this go in the first place. Talk about a "Hook-up" right? Isn't that the same thing this guy blasted from his almighty bench?

The craziest **** is that there's a chance this little clown is in the same class as me down the road.
    This whole ****ing thing is a joke and one that is going to cost me a shot at the only job I've wanted for a very long time. The fact that one ***hole in a robe can exert this much power over the Department is beyond me, I'm still in shock over how it all happened.

This time last week, I was anxious about my List #, but trying to figure out how many classes I may have to wait to get called, with the assumption that with only 1 NC on the parts of the exam that actually had Right or Wrong answers, i may have a decent shot.

Now I'm trying to figure out what to do for a career knowing that unless they raise the age limit again, the FDNY is not in the cards.

It's a disgrace, no other way to put it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pdtofd2000 View Post
    That's cool... how many years you'll have on when they call you, I'll probably have around 7 but I thinks its worth it
    I have less than a year now and I'm hoping to get called by next January the latest hopefull June/July w a little luck

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellestoria View Post
    This whole ****ing thing is a joke and one that is going to cost me a shot at the only job I've wanted for a very long time. The fact that one ***hole in a robe can exert this much power over the Department is beyond me, I'm still in shock over how it all happened.

This time last week, I was anxious about my List #, but trying to figure out how many classes I may have to wait to get called, with the assumption that with only 1 NC on the parts of the exam that actually had Right or Wrong answers, i may have a decent shot.

Now I'm trying to figure out what to do for a career knowing that unless they raise the age limit again, the FDNY is not in the cards.

It's a disgrace, no other way to put it.

I strongly agree with you 100% on this one. I think we should all push to extend the age limit again. 6019 candidates deserve another shot at this in my opinion. Maybe Paul Mannix can help this become possible.

Timb open your pm.
    Last edited by FdnytolifeE293; 10-08-2012 at 07:27 PM.
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

lol, im at 20xx so there's a chance ill be in that class too.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IronFireE5 View Post
    First class is anticipated to start in January and it will be exclusively for the promotional guys given the numbers I've seen but

Read the NOE, you don't need 15 credits

You don't have 6 months of full time, paid work exp?
    I do and that's great news. I still plan to get those credits but that takes some pressure off.

When they say "satisfactory" is that based off of your employers judgement of your performance or does the work exp. have to be in some way relevant to fire fighting?

Forum Member

I say you have more than a chance ... Don't let the cpat sneak up on you and you not ready !!!!! I'm almost sure when **** hits the fan a lot of ppl are going to quit ... The academy is per Military ( did I say it right ?) they not ready for that !!!!!

Forum Member

Any idea how they assign your firehouse after the academy? Is it at all based on trying to keep you close to where you live?

And, any idea how much overtime probies get a month?

I'm considering switching over from nypd so it would be a decent pay cut, especially in the beginning. If you would have asked me a few years ago i'd pick fd in a heart beat, but I have to put my family first (plus I really like my job, more than I would have thought).
    Dannyvale likes this.

Forum Member

Not sure about how they assign you to a house.. As far as overtime goes, I'm sure there's always gonna be overtime for guys, but nothing like how the guys are getting it now. Everytime I talk to my brother he's working overtime cause he knows once they start hiring off our list it's gonna go away.As far as switching from being a cop to a fireman, alot of the guys in the 9th prec come into my job alot and they say the job sucked at first but as time went on they liked being a cop more and more. It's good you got options tho bud.

Forum Member

So essentially what were looking at is this. The first class mad up of "promotions" will go to the rock in January. At that point they will begin with the OC list starting at one and going down as far as they need to so they can fill the next class. Oh boy this whole process is nothing more than a good guessing game. There's so many damn factors!
    Dannyvale likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Combat medic 92 View Post
    So essentially what were looking at is this. The first class mad up of "promotions" will go to the rock in January. At that point they will begin with the OC list starting at one and going down as far as they need to so they can fill the next class. Oh boy this whole process is nothing more than a good guessing game. There's so many damn factors!
    It is a guessing game ...Point out your factors ... Tell us what you think .. Well at least I want to know what you know !!!!

Forum Member

Hey guys, I've been losing a little bit of sleep this past week and maybe one of you guys can help me. I got a pretty good list number (8xx) but I'm getting a little scared with all thus ratio talk. My medical is perfect, I work out 3 days a week and run on another 3 ( and I been doing this for years not just for this test), I have no criminal record other than moving violations from over a year ago, and I have never touched a drug. Should I be worried abouth this ratio talk?

Forum Member

So i am somewhat satisfied with my score of 100, i had 2 many PC on the personality section. my list number is just about the same as it was on 6019 - 25XX... how long do you think it will be before they get around this number? .... I'm thinking 2 yrs max. as far as the CPAT - would you suggest running distance more, or doing stair work outs more?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    Hey guys, I've been losing a little bit of sleep this past week and maybe one of you guys can help me. I got a pretty good list number (8xx) but I'm getting a little scared with all thus ratio talk. My medical is perfect, I work out 3 days a week and run on another 3 ( and I been doing this for years not just for this test), I have no criminal record other than moving violations from over a year ago, and I have never touched a drug. Should I be worried abouth this ratio talk?
    If you are who you say you are, no. Keep in mind the ratio's they use not only account for people who fail a part of the process but also includes people that are on the oc but are also promos, people who cant prove residency and most importantly people who just don't show up. Also remember that on list prior to 6019, guys had already taken the physical, so they didn't have to account for failures in their ratio's then.

I think it would surprise most people the amount of people that don't follow thru for whatever the reason might be. Although this time around I'm sure most candidates are much more motivated.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by frankp88 View Post
    I have less than a year now and I'm hoping to get called by next January the latest hopefull June/July w a little luck
    Yeah that's good for you u wont even feel the pay drop ... ill go down more then half probably ... what list # are u

Forum Member

I got reacquainted with my old best friend the step mill this morning. It's time for us to punish our quads and calfs again.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    If you are who you say you are, no. Keep in mind the ratio's they use not only account for people who fail a part of the process but also includes people that are on the oc but are also promos, people who cant prove residency and most importantly people who just don't show up. Also remember that on list prior to 6019, guys had already taken the physical, so they didn't have to account for failures in their ratio's then.

I think it would surprise most people the amount of people that don't follow thru for whatever the reason might be. Although this time around I'm sure most candidates are much more motivated.
    Okay. Thanks for the peace of mind. I agree with you that more people are motivated especially in the beginning of the list. Most of the folks around me are vets. I guess I'm going to be screwed in the academy lol.

Forum Member

Nice !! Can I join with my weight vest ??? !!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyvale View Post
    Nice !! Can I join with my weight vest ??? !!!
    of course. misery loves company. lol
    Dannyvale likes this.

Forum Member
    HopefulFF likes this.

Thread Information