Like Tree11286Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #4976
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bed-Stuy Brooklyn
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by retired senior View Post
    FDNY hiring case judge rejects criticisms. See Newsday story: http://www.newsday.com/news/fdny-hir...isms-1.4158630
    not surprising at all

  2. #4977
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNY2000 View Post
    First and foremost, if you are attempting to join to score some extra points, keep this in mind. The economy is in the toilet which equates to a lot of people joining the military to ensure pay and benefits. This equates to a VERY long wait to ship to boot camp. I know that the Marine Corps is dealing with a waiting time in excess of 12 months. So the option of serving "NOW" doesn't exist.

    But, if you want a definitive answer, you can call the DCAS military liaison @ 212.669.7280. Her name is Mrs. Ammons.
    Thanks so much. I will check it out.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  3. #4978
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotBad4CityGrad View Post
    Hi there hopefuls,

    I came across the site after googling "FDNY 2000", I have read a lot of your post and felt you guys give great insight and wanted to join this site..... I like alot of you, was on 6019 and felt I got screwed... I have two questions to ask... How do you guys put up the sig on the bottom of my post and also, I broke my ankle about 2 years ago and came out of it with a plate and some screws with a letter from my Orthopedic and being able to pass the physical do you think they will be giving me any problems?

    Thanks
    How did you break your ankle? I am curious because I want to avoid something like that happening to me. When I might have a good chance in the next few years.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  4. #4979
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    I don't think so. Only reason I'm saying that is because a couple weeks ago someone on here was pretty ****ed about it. Only way to find out for sure is to call DCAS and ask.
    No they don't. U had to be on active duty. Or your guard unit activated for a certain amount of months

  5. #4980
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyvale View Post
    You good now because with that list number you'll be gettin in soon .... Now if you can share those books with me would be great !!!!
    I would have let you use them but my friend took them back because his cousin was behind me on the list and he wanted to read them too. I recently asked him to borrow them again but he said that his cousin ended up ruining them with water or something lol. figures!!
    Dannyvale likes this.
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

  6. #4981
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Guys I need your input,

    I am list #3XX, and I already have a bachelors but I was planning on doing a 15 month accelerated BS program this coming January or June depending on what school I got accepted into. However, with such a high list #, If all goes right I might be looking at a June academy. My questions are: 1) How long and how many times can I defer? 2) How long would I have to wait in order to have a second job if I am a FF?

    Thank you so much

  7. #4982
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Center of the Universe
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNY86 View Post
    Guys I need your input,

    I am list #3XX, and I already have a bachelors but I was planning on doing a 15 month accelerated BS program this coming January or June depending on what school I got accepted into. However, with such a high list #, If all goes right I might be looking at a June academy. My questions are: 1) How long and how many times can I defer? 2) How long would I have to wait in order to have a second job if I am a FF?

    Thank you so much
    If youre thinking about deferring, understand youre really rolling the dice; guys deferred out of the first class off the last list thinking they could go about their business for 6 months and jump in to the next one. How well did that work out?

    Take care of whatever you think is going to work out best for you over the long term.
    To Persist is to Conquer.

  8. #4983
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNY86 View Post
    Guys I need your input,

    I am list #3XX, and I already have a bachelors but I was planning on doing a 15 month accelerated BS program this coming January or June depending on what school I got accepted into. However, with such a high list #, If all goes right I might be looking at a June academy. My questions are: 1) How long and how many times can I defer? 2) How long would I have to wait in order to have a second job if I am a FF?

    Thank you so much
    i would go in the first class if it was offered to me because you never know whats going to happen with this judge

  9. #4984
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    I was thinking about doing the same thing, I just don't wanna get the call from the FD while i'm serving active duty
    what if you don't get back for 4 years, do they hold a special class for you even if the list is dead?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  10. #4985
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    sports related....
    FDNY 2000
    Score 100.00
    List 30XX

  11. #4986
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    what if you don't get back for 4 years, do they hold a special class for you even if the list is dead?
    No. Definitely not.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

  12. #4987
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    what if you don't get back for 4 years, do they hold a special class for you even if the list is dead?
    I don't think i'm going to do it, it's pretty risky. I also would be joining for the wrong reasons so that wouldn't sit well with me. I've been hearing my list number could get called within two to two and a half years, my cousin and his buddies OTJ think they will dig deeper than the 8500 or whatever the number was, but that's just their opinion.
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

  13. #4988
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    I have the same score but but in the 6400s
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  14. #4989
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNY86 View Post
    Guys I need your input,

    I am list #3XX, and I already have a bachelors but I was planning on doing a 15 month accelerated BS program this coming January or June depending on what school I got accepted into. However, with such a high list #, If all goes right I might be looking at a June academy. My questions are: 1) How long and how many times can I defer? 2) How long would I have to wait in order to have a second job if I am a FF?

    Thank you so much
    Don't take the chance going with a defer if you get to the point where you are offered the job take it if you are serious about becoming a firefighter. School can be finished up later.

  15. #4990
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    I don't think i'm going to do it, it's pretty risky. I also would be joining for the wrong reasons so that wouldn't sit well with me. I've been hearing my list number could get called within two to two and a half years, my cousin and his buddies OTJ think they will dig deeper than the 8500 or whatever the number was, but that's just their opinion.
    i have a couple buddies in the early 9000s so im hoping they get to them

    i think the number of people they are going to hire (2400) is a bit conservative
    if they only hire 2400 they would still be down 600+ guys after this list is exhausted they say they lose 40-50 guys a month due to retirement.

  16. #4991
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    I don't think i'm going to do it, it's pretty risky. I also would be joining for the wrong reasons so that wouldn't sit well with me. I've been hearing my list number could get called within two to two and a half years, my cousin and his buddies OTJ think they will dig deeper than the 8500 or whatever the number was, but that's just their opinion.
    Getting called within 2 years? That would mean each class would go through 1500 names... Around a 1:7 ratio.. If that was the case then is good news to guys deep in the list lol.

  17. #4992
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Getting called within 2 years? That would mean each class would go through 1500 names... Around a 1:7 ratio.. If that was the case then is good news to guys deep in the list lol.
    Uhhh isn't 1,500 divided by 300 a 1:5 ratio? Heh, sorry buddy I had to.

  18. #4993
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    96

    Default

    if you go slightly above the number the city gave us say 9000
    9000 / 4 years thats 2250 a year
    year 1 2250
    year 2 4500
    year 3 6750
    year 4 9000

    i dont think his prediction is that off
    Last edited by steven9d3; 10-27-2012 at 09:53 PM.

  19. #4994
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    Uhhh isn't 1,500 divided by 300 a 1:5 ratio? Heh, sorry buddy I had to.
    Yea too bad that most classes are about 225 of the OC guys and rest EMS. Oh ooppss I had to buddy!
    CableGuy516 likes this.

  20. #4995
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Yea too bad that most classes are about 225 of the OC guys and rest EMS. Oh ooppss I had to buddy!
    Most of the ems guys are going to be in the first 2 classes
    And if the first class is all ems the OC list won't start until the first OC guy starts the academy

  21. #4996
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    Most of the ems guys are going to be in the first 2 classes
    And if the first class is all ems the OC list won't start until the first OC guy starts the academy
    Everyone knows the first class is all EMS. Just keep in mind that there's over 200 EMS guys that are not up for promotion yet, so each 3-4 months there will be a hand full up for promotion. So each class for the next 2 years will have EMS guys in them.

  22. #4997
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Everyone knows the first class is all EMS. Just keep in mind that there's over 200 EMS guys that are not up for promotion yet, so each 3-4 months there will be a hand full up for promotion. So each class for the next 2 years will have EMS guys in them.
    That's not true The guys with the least time on the promotional exam complete there 2 year requirement this summer

  23. #4998
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    129

    Default

    I can't believe FDNY didn't prepare better for this by allowing some OC guys to go into the first class. A 220 January class is ridiculous considering they are understaffed by 650 and there are 8k qualified individuals ready to take those spots. Why didn't they get the ball rolling on the first few 100 OCs? It's ****ing retarded. Now I'm probably going to give my spot in the second class to some ems ******* who's only reason for becoming a medic is to sneak in the backdoor of the FDNY. Probably walking around with a 75 exam score too... Smh
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

  24. #4999
    Forum Member
    FdnytolifeE293's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Someone I know told me today that one of his friends who's list number is in the 70s on the oc list, won't be taking the physical. Reason being is because he chose to work as a correction officer. He also said that this guy just took the exam just to take it as well as other exams he took. Now I wonder how many people will be in this position because among other factors this may determine how far down the list they are willing to go. I honestly hope they go to Atleast 10,000+. Well, then again, it's just wishful thinking.


    Most likely they will prepare the priority hires and put them in those spots. Don't worry you have a very good list number, you'll be first in line. Just being prepared will be all on your part, be ready because it goes by really quick.
    Last edited by FdnytolifeE293; 10-28-2012 at 12:34 AM.
    I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

  25. #5000
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    I can't believe FDNY didn't prepare better for this by allowing some OC guys to go into the first class. A 220 January class is ridiculous considering they are understaffed by 650 and there are 8k qualified individuals ready to take those spots. Why didn't they get the ball rolling on the first few 100 OCs? It's ****ing retarded. Now I'm probably going to give my spot in the second class to some ems ******* who's only reason for becoming a medic is to sneak in the backdoor of the FDNY. Probably walking around with a 75 exam score too... Smh
    First of all everyone on the ems promotional is eligible for promotion and none of them took there phyisical yet. I'm pretty sure there going to get a full class. Also don't be mad because they were smart enough to do ems and wait for the test. They deserve it more than anyone else on this whole list. Getting paid **** money for what they do. And trust me I wasn't ems
    MDEL210201 likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 23 users browsing this thread. (10 members and 13 guests)

  1. 4040clubBouncer,
  2. BD1017,
  3. EKFCASPER,
  4. FFwnt2b,
  5. Grown Simba,
  6. MuscleHamster,
  7. ready4fire,
  8. Smoove,
  9. thirdtimesacharm

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 05:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 09:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 04:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register