Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 202 of 1156 FirstFirst ... 102152192199200201202203204205212252302702 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,040 of 23119
Like Tree9073Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Any ideas on if there will be another promotional exam in 2 years?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Yes the CPAT is P/F
    That's what I thought, didn't 6019 use CPAT but it was scored differently?
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by l0u1ss View Post
    Any ideas on if there will be another promotional exam in 2 years?
    Pretty sure the next promotional will be in 4 years at the same time as the next OC exam.

If I'm mistaken, I apologize.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Tried calling DCAS to find out if they would tell me what I might need for background as far a paperwork goes, and they said you'll find out when its your time. Just wondering if some OTJ or that took 6019 remembers anything?
    Thx for the info..you think the same concept applies to residency credit? Not sure if education would factor in to that...trying to see how flexible they are with this..

Forum Member

Based on the predicted hiring ratio I would say you have a good shot at getting a call.
    Yeah hope so man, it's my last shot at it...even if i get the call in a few years I can deal with it..the way i see it is that it gives me more time to make sure that i'm physically ready

any possibility of this list being extended due to the amount of eligible candidates?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYgrad2012 View Post
    Thx for the info..you think the same concept applies to residency credit? Not sure if education would factor in to that...trying to see how flexible they are with this..
    I've been driving myself crazy wondering the same thing. PM me if you wanna discuss it further

Forum Member

That's what I thought, didn't 6019 use CPAT but it was scored differently?
    We used it on 6019, but it was Pass/Fail as well. The '02 exam had each event individually timed and graded, which is what Cassidy was talking about yesterday in his Op Ed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Combat medic 92 View Post
    I've been driving myself crazy wondering the same thing. PM me if you wanna discuss it further
    I'm not sure why there is any confusion about this - the NOE was very, very clear about what paperwork would be used to qualify for residency credit. Go back and check it out.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    I'm not sure why there is any confusion about this - the NOE was very, very clear about what paperwork would be used to qualify for residency credit. Go back and check it out.
    Does a cable bill which includes the phone bill cover 2 items on the required document list?

Forum Member

And your knees !!!!

Forum Member

your PM is off COMBAT MEDIC 92...would like to chat...

Forum Member

wassup guys! 98 here just waiting it out. hope we all make it!

Forum Member

Hey guys list #21xx here. From what I hear I have a decent shot within the next two years (fingers crossed). Any idea when I should worry about CPAT specific stuff since I already workout/run regularly?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doubler33 View Post
    Does a cable bill which includes the phone bill cover 2 items on the required document list?
    I very much doubt that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    Great info - thanks! I run pretty regularly and at least once a week with my 40 lb. vest. My pace with the vest is usually about 10 min/mile, maybe a bit slower if I'm stringing 3 or 4 miles together. In your opinion, this isn't very helpful? Its harder for me to get to a stair master with my vest but that's what I have to do, that's what I'll do...

yea running with that weight can lead to injury try going to a building or school also i would advise speed walking with the vest we train to speed walk through the test you would be suprised how much time you can cut off by having a good speed walk down. what fails people second to the stairs is time they get to the last event and run out of time. and no problem !!
    current ff/emt
    FDNY 2000 list #72xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Good move - I actually made photocopies of alot of my stuff from back in '08. Just need to find all that crap.
    When you find them ... Please post them for us thanks
    grok350 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Hey guys list #21xx here. From what I hear I have a decent shot within the next two years (fingers crossed). Any idea when I should worry about CPAT specific stuff since I already workout/run regularly?
    I would start now. If you have never taken a CPAT, it's different. Need to get real familiar with the step mill.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyvale View Post
    When you find them ... Please post them for us thanks
    Haha - I will try digging tonight.
    Dannyvale likes this.

Forum Member

I'm going with bank statements, CC statements, and old W2 forms for proof of residency. If any of you have an AMEX card, and bank with Chase, it will be super easy to get the info. Both AMEX/Chase websites allowed me to select the time periods I needed. Chase I was able to download pdf's right there, AMEX will have them available for download within 24 hours.

If any of you can go this route I'd def suggest it (I'm sure other cc's/bank's can do the same but I can only speak for mine).

Edit: Myles, if you're lurking...I looked in to the DMV Driving Record. The website suggested not to order one unless you knew (A) the dates the FDNY wants the record from, and (B) if they require you order the record within 30 days of presenting it. According to the site some places will make you get a new record if the one you ordered is too old.
    Last edited by HopefulFF; 10-09-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Forum Member

I would start now. If you have never taken a CPAT, it's different. Need to get real familiar with the step mill.
    The stepmill is such a boring and tedious thing. Do it with the vest if you can because you really don't get the full feeling in your legs without that extra weight on. I compare the feeling in your legs from that thing to doing the sled in football.
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.

Thread Information