Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 203 of 1019 FirstFirst ... 103153193200201202203204205206213253303703 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 20377
Like Tree7738Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

thanks for the heads up hopeful...

as for the docs i will be using for my residency credits are
    1- 2 notorized lease statements from march 2010-march 2011,and march 2011 -march 2012
    2-my chase bank staTements for the necessary time period
    3- a letter from my accountant saying i was a full time student on the GI bill for tax year 2010
    4-a 1099 for some real estate sold in 2011
    5 a letter from the head of veterans affairs in the registrar office of my school stating that i was a full time student since summer 2010
    i think that should be enough stuff , iam in a family plan with my cell phone so cant provide that
    and as for utilitiies they are all outlined in my notorized lease agreements
    and didnt open a cc until 2011
    iam pretty much a college kid whose 29

i think this should be enough, what about you guys?
    Last edited by myles8683; 10-09-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    I very much doubt that.
    But if the document clearly states cable bill then it states a phone bill, how would lets say having the optimum triple play not cover those too items.

I found that email from FDNY the other day and felt like I nearly won the lottery when I read my name in the top 100 candidates. Now if only I didn't have a few years of active duty in the Navy to finish

As far as weight vests go anyone have a brand they recommend?

Forum Member

pretty much my 3 items are my lease agreements, my tax info and bank statements
    dont see that not being enough.
    the other stuff from the school registrar is just supporting documents

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    pretty much my 3 items are my lease agreements, my tax info and bank statements
    dont see that not being enough.
    the other stuff from the school registrar is just supporting documents
    Should be good....if I remember correctly you just needed two things. Damn city should know where I lived, they towed my car from outside my apartment like 2 years ago lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desire4theJob View Post
    I found that email from FDNY the other day and felt like I nearly won the lottery when I read my name in the top 100 candidates. Now if only I didn't have a few years of active duty in the Navy to finish

As far as weight vests go anyone have a brand they recommend?
    weigthvest.com if you dont mind spending the money.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    weigthvest.com if you dont mind spending the money.
    Thanks kind sir.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    That is correct. A lot of people have no clue that it is from June 2010 to July 2011. Plus you will need 3 total documents for that whole year. Not like years past where you would change your bank statement to your lost cousin in queens and still get residency.
    so do you need to provide a year's worth of documents [bank statements, credit card, tax]?

or just 3 total documents?

Forum Member

What's up fellas .. Just curious ... I see a few ppl being worried about being called with numbers 5000 down .... But here I am being optimistic and positive that numbers up to 10,000 can be called . Not easily but a chance is there ... Am I missing something ?

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Default In case you missed it

Better late than never...the UFA FINALLY comes to embrace Merit Matters’ defense of merit and standards...

On Sunday, October 7th, 2012, the New York Post published an Op-Ed piece by Steven Cassidy (President of the UFA) defending higher standards for the FDNY.

In FACT, Mr. Cassidy acknowledged what Merit Matters has been claiming for years now – that the EXISTING standards for the FDNY (especially those of the veritable “opinion surveys” that were Exams #6019 and 2000) are woefully inadequate!

What does Merit Matters have to say about that?

"Well, THANK you Steven, better late than never."

For the past three years Merit Matters has been a lone voice in the wilderness, defending merit and standards and being derided as “racists” for our efforts, despite the fact that Merit Matters remains the MOST ethnically diverse group in the FDNY and our sole position has been defending merit and standards.

Now UFA President Cassidy belatedly appears to agree with us, “So the city is moving ahead to hire off the results of the latest firefighter exam, after federal Judge Nicholas Garaufis decided the test had been watered down enough to meet his demands to emphasize “diversity” over ability to do the job....the judge’s mandates should leave all New Yorkers worrying about whether the FDNY will continue to get the best. The latest firefighter exam may produce diversity, but it won’t guarantee that the best get hired. What will the FDNY look like in 10 years?”

EXACTLY!

That’s the primary...in fact, the ONLY issue, as we at Merit Matters have long noted.

Steve Cassidy correctly notes that, “For the first time in nearly half a century, there is no competitive physical exam to qualify for the job of New York City firefighter.

“There’s a test to check that candidates meet certain minimums, but being better able to meet the job’s serious physical demands won’t help you make the cut....If NFL stars like Victor Cruz and Darrelle Revis decided they wanted to be New York City firefighters and took this recent exam, they’d get no credit for their incredible athletic ability and thus likely would never be hired.”

Again, absolutely correct, as are Cassidy’s proposals for increasing both diversity and quality; “...recruit from the US military and from the ranks of student athletes at city high schools. And give the test more often — every two years, instead of every four. And make a competitive physical a significant part of the candidate-ranking system.”

We appreciate the UFA publicly endorsing the positions Merit Matters has endorsed from its inception. Diversity is a good thing, an important thing, but NOT at the expense of merit and standards and the existing standards are already far too low, with the FDNY’s written Entrance Exams calibrated to a 7th grade reading level.

Moreover, we at Merit Matters have long been concerned with “diversity” appearing to be a “one way street.”

None of New York City's agencies look anything like New York and there are at least 7 other New York City agencies that are even MORE ethnically imbalanced than is the FDNY (SEE: http://www.citylimits.org/multimedia...hnic-breakdown) and yet NONE of them have spent a dime in targeted recruitment, NONE of them have been sued to diversify their ranks!

Let’s all acknowledge that higher written and physical standards don’t “discriminate” against ANY ethnic group and that New Yorkers deserve a Fire Department comprised of ONLY the very best applicants, NOT a collection of the “minimally qualified.”

While high standards CAN’T be shown to discriminate against any specific ethnic group, low standards are designed to both overtly and deliberately discriminate against the highest caliber applicants from EVERY ethnic group, and that’s not right.

Here’s hoping that Steve Cassidy’s courageous stand will open the flood gates for others to come out and support merit and standards right alongside Merit Matters!

Please, come on in, everyone's welcome - the water’s fine!

JMK

See the full Steve Cassidy Op-Ed: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion...cels84BsBglMBI
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyvale View Post
    What's up fellas .. Just curious ... I see a few ppl being worried about being called with numbers 5000 down .... But here I am being optimistic and positive that numbers up to 10,000 can be called . Not easily but a chance is there ... Am I missing something ?
    Just do the math. If they state they plan on hiring 600 per year that is 300 per class. 6019's list got through 886 candidates to fill I believe 275 spots. So that's roughly 3.22 candidates for every 1 candidate hired. So 2400*3.22 = 7732 candidates investigated. The first class will consist of the 800 or so EMS promo candidates. So that narrows it down from 7732 to 6932. Now add in the 293 candidates from the 1999 & 2002 exams and that becomes 6639 candidates eligible from the OPEN COMPETITIVE LIST #2000. This is all based on the 1:3 speculation. If anyone cares to correct any of my math go ahead. The ratio may be larger, for example 1:4. A lot of candidates may not want the job, may not pass CPAT, may not be able to make a portion of testing, fail background, fail drug testing/medical. Who knows. Just be prepared to take that persons spot. Keep your nose clean, run, & stay updated with that the hell is going on. It may work to your advantage.
    Dannyvale likes this.

Forum Member

Hey guys. Stayed away from this forum for awhile until scores came out. Trying to get some more information from other people who may know more about the hiring process.

Not getting my hopes up for anything, but speaking for myself. I scored a 95 on the exam, and that was without any extra points from residency or veteran experience. I'm sitting somewhere in the 12xxx with that score.

I know there's stuff going on with the Judge and all of that, but just trying to put all of that aside. No use arguing over that. Whatever is going to happen, will happen.

Even though that's a great exam score, what are the chances of things reaching out to that list number range?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by snoozer1989 View Post
    Just do the math. If they state they plan on hiring 600 per year that is 300 per class. 6019's list got through 886 candidates to fill I believe 275 spots. So that's roughly 3.22 candidates for every 1 candidate hired. So 2400*3.22 = 7732 candidates investigated. The first class will consist of the 800 or so EMS promo candidates. So that narrows it down from 7732 to 6932. Now add in the 293 candidates from the 1999 & 2002 exams and that becomes 6639 candidates eligible from the OPEN COMPETITIVE LIST #2000. This is all based on the 1:3 speculation. If anyone cares to correct any of my math go ahead. The ratio may be larger, for example 1:4. A lot of candidates may not want the job, may not pass CPAT, may not be able to make a portion of testing, fail background, fail drug testing/medical. Who knows. Just be prepared to take that persons spot. Keep your nose clean, run, & stay updated with that the hell is going on. It may work to your advantage.
    the only problem I see with using 6019's first class as an example is, some of the candidates that did not make it in, might have just been late with paperwork or serving in the military at the time. I hope they make it high thou.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by truckieboy4953 View Post
    Hey guys. Stayed away from this forum for awhile until scores came out. Trying to get some more information from other people who may know more about the hiring process.

Not getting my hopes up for anything, but speaking for myself. I scored a 95 on the exam, and that was without any extra points from residency or veteran experience. I'm sitting somewhere in the 12xxx with that score.

I know there's stuff going on with the Judge and all of that, but just trying to put all of that aside. No use arguing over that. Whatever is going to happen, will happen.

Even though that's a great exam score, what are the chances of things reaching out to that list number range?

Not trying to be a dick but you have little to no chance. Just to put things in perspective... there's about 13,000 guys ahead of you and they are hiring 600 people PER YEAR until the next exam.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IronFireE5 View Post
    Not trying to be a dick but you have little to no chance. Just to put things in perspective... there's about 13,000 guys ahead of you and they are hiring 600 people PER YEAR until the next exam.
    Trying not to be a dick here but you have no right to tell him there's no chance. Maybe a slim one, but still a chance. You can't see the future anymore than the rest of us. There could be a 1:10 ratio like PD. In that case, he has a good shot. So be more constructive and tell him to have a back up plan, brother.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Fdnypd, you are right about that but i have to disagree on a 1:10 ratio. Look at the list, there's way to many vets on it who are very eager to get on. Now I know that doesn't mean sh1t but keep in mind that these guys are built tough and their training goes way beyond cpat and a 1.5 mile run in less than 13 mins. Plus the damn threat of the 293 priority hires, which bothers me more than anything. Joeybatts, let's start organizing and start doing something about this before it's too late.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by snoozer1989 View Post

Your math is about Right... Thanks for the reply also.... My math ratio is higher I'm hoping 1:4 1:5 sounds unreal but anything can happens .... Just remember a lot of people
    Got pushed in by the media to take the test ...a lot of people those people don't care to be a FF... Plus everything else you said ... What you think

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pdtofd2000 View Post
    That's cool... how many years you'll have on when they call you, I'll probably have around 7 but I thinks its worth it
    Turn your private messages on.

When you got hired with the NYPD you were placed into the 20 year (tier 2) pension plan. When you transfer over to FDNY will you be put in the 20 year (tier 2 ) FDNY pension or will you be put into the new tier 6 (as of april 2012) with the 22.5 year retirement plan?

Forum Member

So, these are the documents I was told to bring with me when called in for investigation after 6019. Things may have (probably did) change since then, but this list might still be of some use.

1. Fingerprint fee $75
    2. If ever arrested for a crime or received a summons other than a moving violation, bring: a) a complete notarized statement “explaining” the incident, and b) an original disposition from the court involved.
    3. Residency proof
    4. W2’s and social security detailed earnings statement for the past five years, plus a recent pay stub
    5. Proof of self employment
    6. Proof of unemployment
    7. High school diploma, or GED with scores
    8. Post-high school requirements (college transcript, 6 months full time employment, or active military with honorable discharge)
    9. Copy of Dept of Health birth certificate
    10. Record of any legal change of name
    11. Valid NYS drivers license
    12. Copy of Social Security card
    13. Marriage certificate, divorce or separation papers
    14. All correspondence regarding workman’s compensation claims
    15. Original discharge or separation papers from the military (DD-214) and/or veterans disability claims, and any disciplinary action paperwork you received
    16. Selective Service Registration record (www.sss.gov). If active Reservist, unit name and address
    17. BP-51 and DP-2488 questionnaire signed and notarized (these are FDNY forms, you’ll get them with your packages)
    18. 2x2 inch photo in business attire
    19. Signed education and employment consent forms (you’ll get these forms from FDNY, also).
    HopefulFF and IronFireE5 like this.

Forum Member

Thats a lot of stuff. Would they find out about a summons from another state?

Thread Information