Like Tree11334Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I thought you could pass it down to your kids?
    You can and that was my goal but I don't meet any of the requirements for it unfortunately

Any member of the Armed Forces (active duty or Selected Reserve, officer or enlisted) on or after August 1, 2009, who is eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill, and:

1. Has at least 6 years of service in the Armed Forces (active duty and/or Selected Reserve) on the date of approval and agrees to serve 4 additional years in the Armed Forces from the date of election.
    2. Has at least 10 years of service in the Armed Forces (active duty and/or Selected Reserve) on the date of approval, is precluded by either standard policy (Service or DoD) or statute from committing to 4 additional years, and agrees to serve for the maximum amount of time allowed by such policy or statute.
    3. Is or becomes retirement eligible during the period from August 1, 2009, through July 31, 2012, and agrees to serve an additional period of service in subparagraphs (a) through (d). A Service member is considered to be retirement eligible if he or she has completed 20 years of active Federal service or 20 qualifying years as computed pursuant to section 12732 of title 10 U.S.C. This will no longer be in effect on August 1, 2013, and on or after that date all members must comply with paragraphs 1 and 2.

a. For individuals eligible for retirement on August 1, 2009, no additional service is

b. For individuals eligible for retirement after August 1, 2009, and before August 1,

c. For individuals eligible for retirement on or after August 1, 2010, and before

d. For individuals eligible for retirement on or after August 1, 2011, and before

4. Such transfer must be requested and approved while the member is in the Armed Forces.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    As per the NOE, these people will not be "bumped down" to a lower grade. They are going to be completely removed from the list:

"As in the case of any intentional misrepresentation of a material fact on an employment application, candidates who claim New York City Residency Credit and who are determined to have intentionally misrepresented facts concerning New York City residency shall be terminated if they have already been appointed and/or disqualified and their names shall be removed from the eligible list, and they may be subject to criminal sanctions."

So that guy with the 103 that lied about his residency isn't going down to 98 and getting a 2nd chance to get hired later in the life of the list. He's gone for good, at least according to the NOE.
    You didn't quote the entire thing

Eligibilityfortheresidencycreditwillbeinvestigated andverifiedbytheFireDepartmentofNewYork.

Inability to produce the required verification of residency documents for the continuous period of residency will result in the forfeiture of the New York City Residency Credit and an adjustment in the final score. Under no circumstances shall a Post Office (P.O. Box) address be accepted as proof of residency. As in the case of any intentional misrepresentation of a material fact on an employment application, candidates who claim New York City Residency Credit and who are determined to have intentionally misrepresented facts concerning New York City residency shall be terminated if they have already been appointed and/or disqualified and their names shall be removed from the eligible list, and they may be subject to criminal sanctions.

There going to bump people down not throw them off but I'm my friends cases it won't make a difference My friend going from a 98 to a 93 is basically getting thrown off because there never gonna reach him
    Last edited by steven9d3; 11-03-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Forum Member

I would guess that most of those people would pretend they lived in NYC but just dont have the proper documentation. So I doubt they will be throwing people off unless they see fake documents or something.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 11-03-2012 at 01:57 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

I would guess that most of those people would pretend they lived in NYC but just dont have the proper documentation. So I doubt they will be throwing people off unless they see fake documents or something.
    I don't know. The guy with a drivers license, W-2 and bank statements that all say some address in Nassau County but he clicked yes for the residency credit and hoped he would get away with it - to me that's an intentional misrepresentation and should be dealt with accordingly.

Perhaps they see an intentional misrepresentation as you have all the required documents because you use your aunt's address in NYC, but when the investigator goes to make a visit your aunt's neighbors all say they have never seen you there.

Who knows, I guess we will find out eventually!
    zachryw2001 likes this.

Forum Member

I dont get it? why would you guy spend your GI bill on the academy, what are you guys talking about?
    your Gi bill will be dispersed through 3 years not just academy its extra money since u make nothing until top pay
    zachryw2001 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    I don't know. The guy with a drivers license, W-2 and bank statements that all say some address in Nassau County but he clicked yes for the residency credit and hoped he would get away with it - to me that's an intentional misrepresentation and should be dealt with accordingly.

Perhaps they see an intentional misrepresentation as you have all the required documents because you use your aunt's address in NYC, but when the investigator goes to make a visit your aunt's neighbors all say they have never seen you there.

Who knows, I guess we will find out eventually!
    Yea no one knows for sure I think a lot of people in range are going to lose points or get kicked off because its going to be a lot harder to prove this time around

Forum Member

Wish everyone the best of luck
    Last edited by 2ndChancePete; 11-04-2012 at 02:39 AM.

Forum Member

What's up fellas, I've been lurking this thread since its inception and I must say I've gotten a lot of good information from it so I figured it's about time I contribute any info I can.

I actually went through my medical on 10/31 and I passed. Out of 11 guys (so few showed up bc of the hurricane) only 3 or 4 passed, and from what I've heard all the days that have followed have garnered a failure rate of more than %50. Hope you guys that are serious about this are doing what you can about your heart rate.

My investigator also has everything they need, so as far as I know I'm only waiting for my CPAT date.

Forum Member

How old are you now?
    Exam# 2500
    List# x<100

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Medic View Post
    What's up fellas, I've been lurking this thread since its inception and I must say I've gotten a lot of good information from it so I figured it's about time I contribute any info I can.

I actually went through my medical on 10/31 and I passed. Out of 11 guys (so few showed up bc of the hurricane) only 3 or 4 passed, and from what I've heard all the days that have followed have garnered a failure rate of more than %50. Hope you guys that are serious about this are doing what you can about your heart rate.

My investigator also has everything they need, so as far as I know I'm only waiting for my CPAT date.
    thanks for the info are you expecting to be in the first class?

also do you think the people that failed will be doing the retake?

Forum Member

If you were not charged with a felony then you are not automatically disqualified. Your investigator will take into account how long it has been since your robber offense and if you have repeated the same offense again. Also they take into account everything that shows the type of person you are including but not limited to your summons, misdemeanors, driving violations, school records, drinking history, psychological state etc. and even check your social media. Those are all factors that they look at to determine if your character fits the job description but they are definitely going to question you intensively about the robber offense so be prepared to speak about it and show that you have changed.

Forum Member

I am 22 years old now

Forum Member

Turn on your private messages please. I haven't been scheduled for my medical yet, got a few questions for ya.

Forum Member

What does his first medical consist of?? Thankx for the insight and congrats.

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Manhattan or Brooklyn medic, do you know if you guys are allowed to take both exams on the oc and promo list? Because I found one guy who is an FDNY emt for sure and his name is on both lists. On the promo he got a 98 and on the oc he got 103.
    I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    Manhattan or Brooklyn medic, do you know if you guys are allowed to take both exams on the oc and promo list? Because I found one guy who is an FDNY emt for sure and his name is on both lists. On the promo he got a 98 and on the oc he got 103.
    Yes, I did. We just filed for both. You can not get residency credit on a promotion, but can claim it for the OC.

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Yes, I did. We just filed for both. You can not get residency credit on a promotion, but can claim it for the OC.

Wow, that's good now you guys that do make it in the first class, benefits people like me on the oc list because by June you guys will be firefighters already lol. One less thing I gotta worry about I guess.
    I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

Wow, that's good now you guys that do make it in the first class, benefits people like me on the oc list because by June you guys will be firefighters already lol. One less thing I gotta worry about I guess.
    How does that really benefit you? The fact that a few dozen names on the OC are duplicates?

I know of an EMT that will likely get hired off the OC before he is eligible for the promotion, due to the 2 year requirement. And that is just about the only advantage to doing both lists.

Forum Member

This is just my advice so feel free to ignore it, but with a list number in the 7000's you and everyone else in that range probably have a good 2-3 years before getting called so worrying about a handful of numbers from the first or second class is getting ahead of the game. My suggestion is to look at your process like a marathon - don't blow your load getting all anxious and excited on mile one. You've got time, just stay in shape and stay OUT of trouble, check in on the thread from time to time to stay informed, and go about your life. Otherwise you're just going to drive yourself crazy waaaaay before you even get to the Rock, much less on the job.
    FdnytolifeE293 and nick0525 like this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Thanks for the advice dude. From what you know was it the heart rate thing that makes or breaks it for someone who is in shape and training? Or did the other guys seem to not be in shape altogether?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by eng1irons View Post
    I think that helps my argument and hurts yours. When your manager was getting his criminal justice degree, did he want to eventually work in a bank? Or did he want to do something in criminal justice and it didn't work out?
    are you a guidance counselor? is this a forum about choosing college majors? study what you are interested in.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info brother! Do you know what the vision requirements are? I'm at list #8xx
    and considering lasik but not sure if it's a requisite.

Forum Member

hey guys i have a few quick questions.. first of all i got a 96 on the test with a list number around 11,800s.. at first when i found this out i thought there was no chance in hell of getting a call.. i know the commissioner said he was going to hire at a rate of 600 for 4 years totaling 2400.. he said he would be hiring at a 1:3 ratio i believe i read.. what exactly does that mean is he estimating out of every 3 people called 1 will end up being hired? or will 1 HAVE to be hired? i dont understand.. my good friend was talking to a bunch of FF's and he told them my situation and they said i should be expecting a call in 2 years or so.. i read what one of you guys wrote about more than 50% of people failing the medical and if that is the case i think i can see myself getting a call.. i just want your guys opinion on what you think my chances are

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYlistrider View Post
    hey guys i have a few quick questions.. first of all i got a 96 on the test with a list number around 11,800s.. at first when i found this out i thought there was no chance in hell of getting a call.. i know the commissioner said he was going to hire at a rate of 600 for 4 years totaling 2400.. he said he would be hiring at a 1:3 ratio i believe i read.. what exactly does that mean is he estimating out of every 3 people called 1 will end up being hired? or will 1 HAVE to be hired? i dont understand.. my good friend was talking to a bunch of FF's and he told them my situation and they said i should be expecting a call in 2 years or so.. i read what one of you guys wrote about more than 50% of people failing the medical and if that is the case i think i can see myself getting a call.. i just want your guys opinion on what you think my chances are
    Just my opinion here, but I wouldn't expect a call in 2 years
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYlistrider View Post
    the 1 in 3 is a estimate of how many people it will take to get one body in the academy

and the city said they might get up to list number 8500. i personally think all the numbers the city put out are conservative but no one knows for sure but if i were in your shoes i wouldn't be expecting to be called at all but hoping for the best

also on list 6019 it was closer to a 1 in 4 ratio. they previous never reached passed list number 6500 but they are currently down 600+ people and this will be the first list to use a pass/fail (besides the one class of 6019) physical. i think this means that more people will fail the stair master of the medical
    Last edited by steven9d3; 11-04-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Thread Information