Like Tree11274Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Between the cost, and the relatively fast healing time, I would not consider corrective eye surgery just for this job, until you are told you need it by a doctor at HQ. Do it for yourself if you really want it and have the money, but you can definitely wait till your medical to get it done, especially if there's any truth to the rumor stated above.
    DJ_Reverse likes this.

Forum Member

If I'm going to the court to postpone jury duty this week, do you guys think I should just pick up my summons copy for background? I'm at #21xx. Figured I could kill two birds with one stone and start gathering the pain in the *** paperwork now.

Forum Member

Also, any of you EMS guys have a decent weight vest you're looking to get rid of anytime soon?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Also, any of you EMS guys have a decent weight vest you're looking to get rid of anytime soon?
    I have the 50# vest and extra 25# addon from http://weightvest.com/. Can't say I've used it much, is in good shape, PM me if that model interests you.

Forum Member

speaking of add on weight, does anyone know where you can get something like this that is 25lbs?

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5244/...35facae899.jpg

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    speaking of add on weight, does anyone know where you can get something like this that is 25lbs?

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5244/...35facae899.jpg
    check this out man:
    http://artofmanliness.com/2011/10/21...-training-bag/

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    The NOE is pretty specific, and its also pretty flexible in my opinion. You don't need to own a home and have a mortgage or even have the cable and electric in your name. Even if you live with your parents, don't you have a bank account? A credit card? A cellphone? Did you file taxes? I'd go out on a limb to say that most adults living in NYC in a given year could scrounge up plenty more than the minimum three from the required list. It also makes it fairer than the process has been in the past by making it harder for people to cheat on residency credit.
    They're VERY specific... The thing I read specifically mentioned the paperwork that needed to have your name on it... I assumed where it wasn't mentioned it wasn't required... But you know what they say about assuming... I have paper work going back to like 05' thats gonna be a bitch to find but Im gonna start digging asap... I need an effin secretary gahhh
    Last edited by WTRBG; 11-12-2012 at 12:29 PM.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 105
    List: 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WTRBG View Post
    They're VERY specific... The thing I read specifically mentioned the paperwork that needed to have your name on it... I assumed where it wasn't mentioned it wasn't required... But you know what they say about assuming... I have paper work going back to like 05' thats gonna be a bitch to find but Im gonna start digging asap... I need an effin secretary gahhh
    Dude just call up your bank and order those statements. Same thing from the CC accounts you have. The W-2s if you don't have it order then from your HR at your job. Simple!
    MDEL210201 likes this.

Forum Member

damn, they are expensive. I may have to try and make my own.
    nick0525 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    A friend of mine OTJ had sort of the same issue. Don't want to get your hopes down but they took his 5 points off. Maybe they were being too picky for HIM but he was list 3Xx and got bumped up to 2XXX cause of it.
    Uhhhh. Wasn't that me and my post a few pages back?
    GIMMEFIRE600 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Was that you bam? I thought you posted something similar but I couldn't find it.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:109
    List # XX

Forum Member

Definetly not you. We're not compadres lol

MembersZone Subscriber

Definetly not you. We're not compadres lol
    Are you sure????
    My original list number was 3xx. When I was initially contacted by my investigator, he advised me that my list number would change, which it did, and I went down 2100 spots on the list and had an adjusted list number of xxxx.5
    A friend of mine OTJ had sort of the same issue. Don't want to get your hopes down but they took his 5 points off. Maybe they were being too picky for HIM but he was list 3Xx and got bumped up to 2XXX cause of it.

Forum Member

Are you sure????
    Yea I'm pretty i'm not talking about you. He's Spanish, something tells me you are not 0.o

MembersZone Subscriber

HAHA! Okay.
    I mean, bueno.

Forum Member

I wonder if those 293 are running stairs right now.
    mocon337 likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

I'd be pretty worried if I were you guys.....
    .....those guys have been running stairs for the past 13 years just WAITING for the bright light of justice to shed light on their plight!

How'd you like the rhyme? Just like Rev. Al, right?
    mocon337 likes this.

Forum Member

Not for nothing but I bet any of you guys with **** list numbers would take that opportunity if it was offered to you, I know I would if I was in their position. Just because someone might end up benefiting from the Vulcan lawsuit doesn't mean they agree with it or care. They also were not the ones who decided the city should have 293 priority hires, that was our friend the judge.

While it'll be a pretty sweet package for the guys who get that, I feel bad for them in a way because they will have to prove themselves quite a bit more than regular candidates, due to the stigma.
    grok350 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Not for nothing but I bet any of you guys with **** list numbers would take that opportunity if it was offered to you, I know I would if I was in their position. Just because someone might end up benefiting from the Vulcan lawsuit doesn't mean they agree with it or care. They also were not the ones who decided the city should have 293 priority hires, that was our friend the judge.

While it'll be a pretty sweet package for the guys who get that, I feel bad for them in a way because they will have to prove themselves quite a bit more than regular candidates, due to the stigma.
    No, because I'm not hired because I earned but rather because I represent it. And yes I have a bad list number.

Forum Member

Anything but an Honorable and its NO JOB!!!!!!
    zachryw2001 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

If I'm going to the court to postpone jury duty this week, do you guys think I should just pick up my summons copy for background? I'm at #21xx. Figured I could kill two birds with one stone and start gathering the pain in the *** paperwork now.
    no, don't get it. They may request a report with a date of print closer to the date of your meeting with your investigator. Wait until our asked so you do not waste your time.
    Exam #2000
    #10XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BTown View Post
    Anything but an Honorable and its NO JOB!!!!!!
    I am not sure that's true. You need an Honorable for it to qualify as work experience or for Veteran's Credit, and a Dishonorable disqualifies you. However, I have not found anywhere that you are DQ'ed for other discharges (Other Than Honorable, General, etc).
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    I am not sure that's true. You need an Honorable for it to qualify as work experience or for Veteran's Credit, and a Dishonorable disqualifies you. However, I have not found anywhere that you are DQ'ed for other discharges (Other Than Honorable, General, etc).
    Agree with you. If you claim veterans points you need a honorable. If you don't claim them then it shouldn't matter what you have. It would be like being DQd for being fired from any other job.
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Agree with you. If you claim veterans points you need a honorable. If you don't claim them then it shouldn't matter what you have. It would be like being DQd for being fired from any other job.
    Wait are you suggesting that one can be DQ'd for being fired from a job in the past? Or am I reading that incorrectly?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MDEL210201 View Post
    no, don't get it. They may request a report with a date of print closer to the date of your meeting with your investigator. Wait until our asked so you do not waste your time.
    I disagree. Get it. The disposition date on the charge is what is important, not necessarily the printout date of the document. Since you'll already be there, I'd get it - it's probably somewhere between free and five bucks. It doesn't hurt to have that stuff in your records, anyway. If your investigator wants a new one, deal with that then. At least you'll go to your interview prepared.
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Thread Information