Like Tree9890Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2000 View Post
    The Chief Newspaper just posted this on facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/TheChiefLeader
    Remember the first dark knight movie when the Judge opens an evelope and her car blows up. Damn if only movies were real.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    fuoco83, I think that a couple of notarized letters and sworn statements should be sufficient enough to prove that you were living within the five boros for that one month; moreover, providing that you have more than enough documents to prove it at their request. I know many will disagree with me, but I can't see one person getting disqualified just for not being able to produce one months worth of residency proof. What's your list number around if you don't mind me asking?
    Thanks for this. IDK, I guess i'll just have to wait and see. I've been a continuous resident of NYC since July 2011 and I have honesty on my side, so I'll just have to see how it develops. My list number is <350.

Does anyone know where the CPAT training classes are held?
    Last edited by fuoco83; 11-17-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fuoco83 View Post
    Thanks for this. IDK, I guess i'll just have to wait and see. I've been a continuous resident of NYC since July 2011 and I have honesty on my side, so I'll just have to see how it develops. My list number is between 300 and 350.

I don't know if there going to give it to you since you weren't there on the 1st but who knows and you scored high enough to get called without those 5 points but will take a lot longer

Forum Member

When the second circuit court puts him in his place I'm throwing a party at the beer garden. You are all invited haha.
    CableGuy516 likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

cliffnotes, please?

facebook is blocked at work

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fuoco83 View Post
    Thanks for this. IDK, I guess i'll just have to wait and see. I've been a continuous resident of NYC since July 2011 and I have honesty on my side, so I'll just have to see how it develops. My list number is between 300 and 350.

The Fire Academy

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    i see where you're coming from, but the medical questionnaire asks about any broken bones or head injuries, and lying will surely disqualify me. i just don't see how i can avoid facing the music with this. it is a broken bone just like anything else, and will heal, but the stigma that comes with brain injury is what's got me really worried. i know what you mean though-thanks.
    They dont know anything about your medical history, thats why your filling out the questionaire. They have NO ACESS to your medical history. insurance companies are scared of lawsuits and would NEVER release that. So unless you have a scar on your head, the only way for them to know is you telling them. And if you tell them about a head injury i bet you 15$ they DQ YOU. so what i would say is i bet you forgot about that head shot because you got hit in the head. but remember, always tell the truth.
    mocon337 likes this.

Forum Member

Im happy you guys don't have to shell out money for lasik. I just hope is doesn't change the ratio much.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bensonhurstlovesme View Post
    They dont know anything about your medical history, thats why your filling out the questionaire. They have NO ACESS to your medical history. insurance companies are scared of lawsuits and would NEVER release that. So unless you have a scar on your head, the only way for them to know is you telling them. And if you tell them about a head injury i bet you 15$ they DQ YOU. so what i would say is i bet you forgot about that head shot because you got hit in the head. but remember, always tell the truth.
    I guess I should drop out of the process because I had my face practically blown off by an IED...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    I guess I should drop out of the process because I had my face practically blown off by an IED...

it's tough to detect sarcasm on a web forum but, you're not serious are you? not about your wounds, but about dropping out? how severe is your injury?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    it's tough to detect sarcasm on a web forum but, you're not serious are you? not about your wounds, but about dropping out? how severe is your injury?
    IED blast 23 November 2006 ( thanksgiving) 1150 hrs. Shrapnel penetrated the ballistic glass and practically removed my nose from my face. Had I not been wearing eye protection I would be blind in both eyes. 6 hours of reconstructive surgery. Although I had no brain damage, I am recieving compensation from dept of veterans affairs for traumatic brain injury. I function normally, no headaches, I don't see stars..etc. I figure bc I may have had a mild concussion and with TBI being a big deal from the increase in IED attacks they just told me I had it. But there is scars on my face. , and I can't deny it happened.

Forum Member

And I was being sarcastic.. People shouldn't be on here saying they will DQ you for whatever. It's the doctors discretion.. I'm not going to drop out or nothing, just tired of the attitude from some people.

Forum Member

IED blast 23 November 2006 ( thanksgiving) 1150 hrs. Shrapnel penetrated the ballistic glass and practically removed my nose from my face. Had I not been wearing eye protection I would be blind in both eyes. 6 hours of reconstructive surgery. Although I had no brain damage, I am recieving compensation from dept of veterans affairs for traumatic brain injury. I function normally, no headaches, I don't see stars..etc. I figure bc I may have had a mild concussion and with TBI being a big deal from the increase in IED attacks they just told me I had it. But there is scars on my face. , and I can't deny it happened.
    that's crazy. thank you for serving.

the way i always thought it was, is that if the FDNY physician's find that you are suitable for the nature of the work and nothing about your injury/wound will slow you down, that you are okay to work. i'm far from an expert which is why i came here to ask the question in the first place. anyway, i hope you have no problems getting on, cheers.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bensonhurstlovesme View Post
    I thought i remembered reading somewhere on the forum that they make you sign a form allowing them to have access to your medical records?
    20xx

Forum Member

And I was being sarcastic.. People shouldn't be on here saying they will DQ you for whatever. It's the doctors discretion.. I'm not going to drop out or nothing, just tired of the attitude from some people.
    YUP. Also bensonhurstlovesme (per post history) has only done the medical... for EMS. He is correct in that they don't magically get copies of your medical records from your doctors, with some conditions they could figure it out without you saying anything to them. Also for any of you guys who are planning on joining EMS and then taking the next promotion, they will dig up your medical forms from when you applied to EMS, and they also review your sick leave usage and any instances of LODI (line of duty injury). So if you disclose something big when you get on EMS you will have to disclose it again for fire. If you use LODI to take 6 months off because of a "knee problem" they are going to be taking a close look at your knee.

For you BigGriff, you know you'll obviously have to talk about that injury, but the department loves veterans and will certainly give you a fair shot. The MD that seems to be doing most of (or all?) the FF medicals is a vet of some sort, and I could also see him going out of his way to help. From what you've said the 2 questions I would have would be 1. Was there any actual brain injury? 2. Was there any lasting damage/deformities to your facial structure that would make getting a mask seal impossible? If the answers are no then I don't see why it would hold you back.

Forum Member

Hey guys,

I am looking for the pdf file from NYCERS regarding FDNY tier 6 retiring plan but I cant seem to find it anywhere. Do we fall in the special tier 6 22 year plan? I looked over that one but it only mentions sanitation and corrections. No mention on FDNY or NYPD. Any help with be great. Post a link if you have one please.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    Hey guys,

I am looking for the pdf file from NYCERS regarding FDNY tier 6 retiring plan but I cant seem to find it anywhere. Do we fall in the special tier 6 22 year plan? I looked over that one but it only mentions sanitation and corrections. No mention on FDNY or NYPD. Any help with be great. Post a link if you have one please.
    NYCERS does not administer FDNY's pension, they run it themselves, which is why there is little info available. I'm still not entirely sure if FDNY/NYPD falls into Tier 6, or if they are still Tier 3. Regardless of which tier, I believe with either you are looking at a minimum of 22.5 years of service, however there are certain benefits that are given if you wait till 25 years on to retire.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    NYCERS does not administer FDNY's pension, they run it themselves, which is why there is little info available. I'm still not entirely sure if FDNY/NYPD falls into Tier 6, or if they are still Tier 3. Regardless of which tier, I believe with either you are looking at a minimum of 22.5 years of service, however there are certain benefits that are given if you wait till 25 years on to retire.
    Oh no wonder I can't find it. I was planning on 25 years anyways since Im only in my twenties. Do you know how much FDNY retirees receive on an annual basis after retirement? I read with the changes they now look at your top 5 annual salaries but no where does it say what the percentage of that averaged salary you will receive?

Also I read that firefighters do not receive social security. Is this true?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    Oh no wonder I can't find it. I was planning on 25 years anyways since Im only in my twenties. Do you know how much FDNY retirees receive on an annual basis after retirement? I read with the changes they now look at your top 5 annual salaries but no where does it say what the percentage of that averaged salary you will receive?

Also I read that firefighters do not receive social security. Is this true?
    It's 50% of the calculated final average salary. Also as far as I can tell FDNY and NYPD were excluded from tier 6, and are still in the tier 3 system that they converted to when Patterson killed tier 2. Firefighters in tier 3 will lose 50% of their social security benefit, by way of the pension system deducting that amount from their pension checks when that person starts to receive social security payments. Considering if you do 25 years and are able to retire in your early 50s, while enjoying the full COLA that comes with doing 25 years in tier 3, the 50% social security offset should hopefully not hurt all that much. Also from day 1 of city service everybody should be doing a 401k or 457k.

Some light reading:
    http://www.ufanyc.org/cms/contents/view/12695
    http://www.thomanntax.com/wp-content...r-2vsTier3.pdf
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/nycppf/downl...tier_3_spd.pdf
    Ladders 4 and KingHenrik like this.

Forum Member

Manhattan medic... No I didn't have brain damage/ penetration or any deformities. Basically they sewed my nose back on.. And grafted skin on the tip of it. I passed all the concussion tests, CT was negative, they needed to put splints up my nostrils.. And maybe 75-100 stitches..

I have no issue with a mask, my volly dept uses Scott so I'm good there..and I never received a permanent profile in the army.. Was cleared for duty a few monthes after I got hurt..

I even took a breathing function test to see if my breathing was messed up and passed that..

But the bottom line is I got rocked by an IED..

Forum Member

Hey Medic I just sent you a PM.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 99
    List #: 4XXX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    It's 50% of the calculated final average salary. Also as far as I can tell FDNY and NYPD were excluded from tier 6, and are still in the tier 3 system that they converted to when Patterson killed tier 2. Firefighters in tier 3 will lose 50% of their social security benefit, by way of the pension system deducting that amount from their pension checks when that person starts to receive social security payments. Considering if you do 25 years and are able to retire in your early 50s, while enjoying the full COLA that comes with doing 25 years in tier 3, the 50% social security offset should hopefully not hurt all that much. Also from day 1 of city service everybody should be doing a 401k or 457k.

Some light reading:
    http://www.ufanyc.org/cms/contents/view/12695
    http://www.thomanntax.com/wp-content...r-2vsTier3.pdf
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/nycppf/downl...tier_3_spd.pdf

Great links and info thanks alot. I was honestly under the impression that it was over 50% FAS but oh well, still the best job!

Forum Member

As far as the promotion to ff goes I understand that there should be 300 in the first class and not sure about how many in the second class. But just curious is this normal as far as the promotion goes to hire 300 plus or is it just because of the low staffing on the fire side since they haven't hired as normal. I was also told that they try and give all eligible people on the promotion list a chance?

Forum Member

Manhattan medic... No I didn't have brain damage/ penetration or any deformities. Basically they sewed my nose back on.. And grafted skin on the tip of it. I passed all the concussion tests, CT was negative, they needed to put splints up my nostrils.. And maybe 75-100 stitches..

I have no issue with a mask, my volly dept uses Scott so I'm good there..and I never received a permanent profile in the army.. Was cleared for duty a few monthes after I got hurt..

I even took a breathing function test to see if my breathing was messed up and passed that..

But the bottom line is I got rocked by an IED..
    Does your nose feel weird? can you feel the hardware in it?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

There's no hardware.. They took them out like 2 weeks after surgery. Just sucked because I couldn't breath through my nose at all.. Or laugh because of the stitches..

I remember watching the chapelle show, the 1 where he was prince, trying not to rip out a stitch.

The tip of my nose is still a little numb but other then that I'm good to go.

Thread Information