Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 219 of 1017 FirstFirst ... 119169209216217218219220221222229269319719 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,380 of 20337
Like Tree7721Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Before I forget... Manhattan medic... I'm going to love tier 6!!! Ok had to get that off my chest.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    You're darn tootin about that...
    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Umm what does that mean? lol

Old timey way of saying "you're damn right". I'm talkin Laurel and Hardy old school.

*changes dentures*
    vekdoggs75 and mocon337 like this.

Forum Member

Hey all,

long time lurker/first time poster. I have to thank everyone on this forum for keeping me sane for the last year+, and wish you all good luck on the process going forward, FDNY or otherwise. I heard that it's a good idea to reach out to people within a few list numbers of your own to make sure we don't miss any notices, has anyone done this yet? Looking forward to what the next year brings!
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List # 15**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rpyrcz View Post
    Hey all,

long time lurker/first time poster. I have to thank everyone on this forum for keeping me sane for the last year+, and wish you all good luck on the process going forward, FDNY or otherwise. I heard that it's a good idea to reach out to people within a few list numbers of your own to make sure we don't miss any notices, has anyone done this yet? Looking forward to what the next year brings!
    Haha Love the "long time lurker/first time poster" beginning.

I'm in the 1100's and will be sure to post what I get.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyvale View Post
    Lol .. Yea man I feel the same way at times . At least you did better than me and you not up here with me lol ... You checked your email /junk mail
    Dont understand what your saying.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 7andchange View Post
    When I went through the process for the 6019 list you had to show up to metro tech with all of the into they told you to get. You sat down with an investigator and they checked off everything to make sure you had it and then you left. That was the last time I saw my investigator. She called me once to clarify some info but that was it. The only other time i spoke with her was when I called looking for any info about an upcoming class. I don't have any felony's but trust me my record isn't squeaky clean. I passed with a 36 month stip. Don't stress too much. Just remember honesty is the best policy.
    They don't give you forensic type psych interview, where they try to catch you in lies and try to find out about your psychiatric background? Did you take the written psych? was there any more that you didnt get to? thanks
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Dont understand what your saying.
    You posted about the personal questions ... Those questions messed me up too just like you but You did better than me your list number isn't all the way up here with me

Forum Member

They don't give you forensic type psych interview, where they try to catch you in lies and try to find out about your psychiatric background? Did you take the written psych? was there any more that you didnt get to? thanks
    You sit in a room with another 100 candidates answering like 500 questions of the most random questions you will get in your life. " do you love your mother?" " have you ever had thoughts of killing your mother?" Lol yea that kind of questions. If their is a red flag on anything you answered then you get called back to meet the shrink. I never had to go back when I was going through the process so I guess me having thoughts of killing my mom wasn't that weird. Just kidding! :]
    kd44 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    You sit in a room with another 100 candidates answering like 500 questions of the most random questions you will get in your life. " do you love your mother?" " have you ever had thoughts of killing your mother?" Lol yea that kind of questions. If their is a red flag on anything you answered then you get called back to meet the shrink. I never had to go back when I was going through the process so I guess me having thoughts of killing my mom wasn't that weird. Just kidding! :]
    yeah with PD every one meets with a shrink now I believe.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

yeah with PD every one meets with a shrink now I believe.
    Heh you just reminded me that I'm starting my process for PD soon. The joy.

Forum Member

Heh you just reminded me that I'm starting my process for PD soon. The joy.
    Good luck don't get nervous they can smell the fear lol just be confident and respectful and the process will be a breeze
    Jukez likes this.

Forum Member

So I shouldn't mention how I think if I fall asleep, clowns will eat me ?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    So I shouldn't mention how I think if I fall asleep, clowns will eat me ?
    All I can say is that if they ask you to draw the first thing that comes to your head DO NOT draw a burning building. I heard someone say they were DQed cause of it haha

Forum Member

Google " mmpi 2"
    That's the psych test you'll be getting. Dont try to bull **** it, it was set up to catch you in a lie. It detects if your faking good. It will also ask you true/false questions such as
    Do you like to fix door locks?
    Do you like dance shows?
    Do you feel like someone is following you?
    Would you say you feel we'll most of the time?
    I get headaches
    I never told a lie
    My father was a good man
    Sometimes I am constipated
    No one seems to understand me
    It's a funny test. Just answer honestly

Forum Member

Before I forget... Manhattan medic... I'm going to love tier 6!!! Ok had to get that off my chest.
    Well then I hate to disappoint you but it turns out I think I was wrong. FDNY and NYPD were exempted from tier 6, however everybody will still be in the modified tier 3 plan. While tier 3 has some serious downsides (less generous disability and LODD benefits), for anyone that manages to retire at a reasonably young age after doing 25 years of service it's quite generous.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Well then I hate to disappoint you but it turns out I think I was wrong. FDNY and NYPD were exempted from tier 6, however everybody will still be in the modified tier 3 plan. While tier 3 has some serious downsides (less generous disability and LODD benefits), for anyone that manages to retire at a reasonably young age after doing 25 years of service it's quite generous.
    Well I guess me retiring at 50 is not so bad. Someone I know OTJ told me not to worry about the tier too much, after this scandal with trying to get more minorities on the job will benefit all of us who will get on. I asked why? He said is very simple, in a few years some of the minorities who are now getting on will say " hey how come NOW that the Job is getting more diverse they decide to give us less benefits than every other person that got on before us!" ... And BANG! There goes the fight to give everyone from this list the same tier as the guys before us. It's a long shot but is also a possibility, i myself will keep my hopes up.

Forum Member

Well I guess me retiring at 50 is not so bad. Someone I know OTJ told me not to worry about the tier too much, after this scandal with trying to get more minorities on the job will benefit all of us who will get on. I asked why? He said is very simple, in a few years some of the minorities who are now getting on will say " hey how come NOW that the Job is getting more diverse they decide to give us less benefits than every other person that got on before us!" ... And BANG! There goes the fight to give everyone from this list the same tier as the guys before us. It's a long shot but is also a possibility, i myself will keep my hopes up.
    I have a similar attitude. It's kind of important to know the specifics now, but it's hard to care when it's so far away. I will be tier 3 as well because of when I started in EMS, however if I understand it right when I reach 22.5 years in Fire my EMS time gets added back on and instantly I'm at 25 years and good to go (if I want to). Your friend is right, because the unions could negotiate back some of the lost benefits. One interesting thing that is yet unclear is whether changes to the FDNY/NYPD pensions will have to be cost neutral, something that is required of all new tier 6 plans. Since they were exempted from the tier 6 BS they may be able to argue that changes to their plan are not required to be cost neutral, which could be great for us. As it stands the COLA benefit is so much more generous for tier 3 that the unions actually have a strong bargaining position against the city/state.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I have a similar attitude. It's kind of important to know the specifics now, but it's hard to care when it's so far away. I will be tier 3 as well because of when I started in EMS, however if I understand it right when I reach 22.5 years in Fire my EMS time gets added back on and instantly I'm at 25 years and good to go (if I want to). Your friend is right, because the unions could negotiate back some of the lost benefits. One interesting thing that is yet unclear is whether changes to the FDNY/NYPD pensions will have to be cost neutral, something that is required of all new tier 6 plans. Since they were exempted from the tier 6 BS they may be able to argue that changes to their plan are not required to be cost neutral, which could be great for us. As it stands the COLA benefit is so much more generous for tier 3 that the unions actually have a strong bargaining position against the city/state.
    Exactly!. I'm sure most from this list have no clue how much we are losing here!. Everyone needs to be aware and know everything that is going on since we are the first to fall under any type of the changes to the pension/benefits system. NO one I know OTJ want any changes either even though they won't fall under them. One day their kids or maybe ours will become firefighters so we need to make sure that the value of the job stays high down the line.

Forum Member

Tier 3 is pretty good if you retire at a decent age (say <55) and are relatively healthy. Tier 3 sucks if you go out disability, or get killed. The one kick in the pants, even for those that leave in one piece is the social security offset: at 62 (when you start receiving social security) 50% of your social security benefit will be deducted from your pension payments. Example, since that's probably a little confusing: Say you bring home $4000/month from your pension, and at 62 you start to receive your SS benefit, to the tune of say... $2000/month. $1000 will be deducted from your pension check. Sucks.. but what can ya do?

All this could be renegotiated (for better or worse) over the coming decades. It won't change my decision.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 7andchange View Post
    When I went through the process for the 6019 list you had to show up to metro tech with all of the into they told you to get. You sat down with an investigator and they checked off everything to make sure you had it and then you left. That was the last time I saw my investigator. She called me once to clarify some info but that was it. The only other time i spoke with her was when I called looking for any info about an upcoming class. I don't have any felony's but trust me my record isn't squeaky clean. I passed with a 36 month stip. Don't stress too much. Just remember honesty is the best policy.
    What's a 36 month stip? Is that probation? What's the normal probation? A year?

Congrats on your score, by the way
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

Thread Information