Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 220 of 1193 FirstFirst ... 120170210217218219220221222223230270320720 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,400 of 23841
Like Tree9325Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #4381
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    What's a 36 month stip? Is that probation? What's the normal probation? A year?

    Congrats on your score, by the way
    Your probation period is one year. The stipulation "stip" is basically a longer probation. Everyone is subjected to random drug test but when you're on a stip you're put in a different pool and tested much more frequently. It's a zero tolerance policy. Any hint of drugs or booze and you're out the door no questions asked. And the deal is if they come to the firehouse x amount of times and you're not there, ie you swapped tours, they can restrict your mutuals until you've passed x amount of tests. So pretty much as long as you don't do drugs or go out drinking the night before you work you're fine.
    FDNYPD likes this.
    Test 2000
    Score 101
    List # 16**


  2. #4382
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7andchange View Post
    Your probation period is one year. The stipulation "stip" is basically a longer probation. Everyone is subjected to random drug test but when you're on a stip you're put in a different pool and tested much more frequently. It's a zero tolerance policy. Any hint of drugs or booze and you're out the door no questions asked. And the deal is if they come to the firehouse x amount of times and you're not there, ie you swapped tours, they can restrict your mutuals until you've passed x amount of tests. So pretty much as long as you don't do drugs or go out drinking the night before you work you're fine.
    Thank you for the quick response. My actual record is as clean as the driven snow. My "not caught" record is lengthy. Hopefully I can get in (if even called) with a stipulation.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

  3. #4383
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Heh you just reminded me that I'm starting my process for PD soon. The joy.
    I'm right there with ya buddy. I'm set to go into the January NYPD class even though I'm at list #12XX for FDNY. Gotta hedge your bets since the only thing I've learned over the last 5 years is that we cant count on anything.
    List # 12XX

  4. #4384
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I'm right there with ya buddy. I'm set to go into the January NYPD class even though I'm at list #12XX for FDNY. Gotta hedge your bets since the only thing I've learned over the last 5 years is that we cant count on anything.
    Yeah I'm sort of in the same boat. Graduating from a MBA program this December, will surely get some job offers, but with a list nunber in the 800s I'm just not sure what path to choose.

    Btw speaking of education, maybe someone can answer this question. Is it relatively easier to be prompromoted with a higher education degree?
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

  5. #4385
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I'm right there with ya buddy. I'm set to go into the January NYPD class even though I'm at list #12XX for FDNY. Gotta hedge your bets since the only thing I've learned over the last 5 years is that we cant count on anything.
    Years count towards the back end but atleast it counts! I say take it bro. With your list number you will probably be in the third class anyways so you will get a "year" in atleast. Only one thing that sucks about it..... 2 academys in one year!!! Lol.

  6. #4386
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    Yeah I'm sort of in the same boat. Graduating from a MBA program this December, will surely get some job offers, but with a list nunber in the 800s I'm just not sure what path to choose.

    Btw speaking of education, maybe someone can answer this question. Is it relatively easier to be prompromoted with a higher education degree?
    It doesn't matter what level of degree you have bro. You have to take a test just like everyone else and based on your score you get placed on a list just like if you were taking any other civil test.

  7. #4387
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    All I can say is that if they ask you to draw the first thing that comes to your head DO NOT draw a burning building. I heard someone say they were DQed cause of it haha
    Ohhhhh man I forgot about that drawing part. OMG I haven't been asked to draw a house like that since grade school.

  8. #4388
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Ohhhhh man I forgot about that drawing part. OMG I haven't been asked to draw a house like that since grade school.
    I was asked to draw a family member doing a daily routine. I was originally going to draw my brother ( a cop) slamming someone on the floor and pistol whipping that person...... Then I remembered I couldn't draw for **** so I drew a stick figure walking on a street haha

  9. #4389
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    129

    Default

    [QUOTE=Jukez;1344782]It doesn't matter what level of degree you have bro. You have to take a test just like everyone else and based on your score you get placed on a list just like if you were taking any other civil test.[/QUOTE

    Yeah I actually just googled some info about promotions, here's what I got
    - to be eligible for promotion you must be a firefighter for atleast 3 years
    - you must has 60 college credits
    - the test is all multiple choice but mc is only worth 50 percent of your final grade
    - the other 50 percent is based on seniority and merit
    - you get a 76 for 3 years of seniority and a 85 for 7 years of firefighting and ofcourse anything in between
    - the final 15 percent is awarded based on merits earned on the job.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

  10. #4390
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    129

    Default

    So the highest grade a firefighter 3 years on the job with no merits can get is a 88. I wonder if that's good enough for a promotion. I'm deff going to bust my *** for some awards and merits.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

  11. #4391
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Ohhhhh man I forgot about that drawing part. OMG I haven't been asked to draw a house like that since grade school.
    Because those silly drawing tests are geared toward school-aged children. I still can't figure out why adults applying for public safety fields still have to draw things
    Last edited by FDNYPD; 10-18-2012 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

  12. #4392
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    Thank you for the quick response. My actual record is as clean as the driven snow. My "not caught" record is lengthy. Hopefully I can get in (if even called) with a stipulation.

    Why would you be hired with a stip if your record is clean as the driven snow?

  13. #4393
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Why would you be hired with a stip if your record is clean as the driven snow?
    I admitted to a lot of stuff on my APD5 (PD side) and multiple other questionaires throughout my home state when applying to departments. If they wanted to investigate, I imagine they'd see all that information. I want to remain consistent with all departments so I come clean with everyone.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

  14. #4394
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    835

    Default

    Gotcha....

  15. #4395
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    463

    Default

    I'm looking to buy a new heart rate monitor (with chest strap). Anyone here has any suggestion of something accurate at a decent price?

  16. #4396
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Since January I've been using a Polar RS300X with the footpad and chest strap. It wasn't cheap (cost about $110 if I remember correctly), but it's been great so far.
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List # 15**

  17. #4397
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rpyrcz View Post
    Since January I've been using a Polar RS300X with the footpad and chest strap. It wasn't cheap (cost about $110 if I remember correctly), but it's been great so far.
    Do you feel that it gives you dead on accuracy on your hearrate? 110$ is not toooo bad I can work with that.

  18. #4398
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    North New Jersey
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I'm right there with ya buddy. I'm set to go into the January NYPD class even though I'm at list #12XX for FDNY. Gotta hedge your bets since the only thing I've learned over the last 5 years is that we cant count on anything.
    My medical is scheduled for next Wednesday with PD. I hear you with your last statement. Right now I have 4 possible careers lined up: having a college degree from Rutgers, scoring in the possible hiring range for FDNY, NYPD academy 'possibly' in July, and being in the union right now. Being a FF, however, has never gotten away from me though thanks to my Dad, Grandfather & Godfather being career guys. I'd drop anything for the job and I know my family would understand completely. Really need to weigh my options and feel out what will be the best for my future in case my number does/doesn't come up. Those extra residency points really would've helped me this go-around, but it is what it is & I feel blessed to have the hope that I have now for the job. Just keep training & praying to God almighty I get the chance to have a crack at the job someday.
    List 2000
    No points
    Score: 99
    #4XXX

  19. #4399
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Hey all,
    Does anyone have the path that is used for the mile and a half run? I know it was posted many moons ago but I cannot seem to find it. Thnx folks!!

  20. #4400
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Do you feel that it gives you dead on accuracy on your hearrate? 110$ is not toooo bad I can work with that.
    I feel like it's been spot on for me. Amazon has a about 100 reviews if you want other peoples take. I'm not sure where everyone is located, but I try and run the Brooklyn bridge for my outdoor run a few times a week. Any other bridge runners? As things keep moving forward it would be great to run with some other guys prepping for this.
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List # 15**

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 34 users browsing this thread. (9 members and 25 guests)

  1. bk60191983,
  2. Blinkster,
  3. JRodPizza ,
  4. lukerep,
  5. Matador611,
  6. MikeLarryM35,
  7. nptks,
  8. SI91,
  9. TomFromQueens

Similar Threads

  1. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  2. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:08 AM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts