Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 224 of 1022 FirstFirst ... 124174214221222223224225226227234274324724 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,480 of 20430
Like Tree7760Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    Na I'm a monster lol. I can bench almost twice my weight. Been lifting 4 days a week since I was 17
    God I feel so much safer now that I know that you can bench almost twice your weight, but yet I still don't know how your benching helps PULLING someone out lol.. ( just busting your balls bro)
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

"This test was engineered to produce a pre-determined outcome and should be challenged by those with standing to do so."

Does Paul Mannix want us to be in limbo for another 4 years? Hopefully no one heeds his advice or we will have another vulcan situation.
    grok350 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2000 View Post
    "This test was engineered to produce a pre-determined outcome and should be challenged by those with standing to do so."

Does Paul Mannix want us to be in limbo for another 4 years? Hopefully no one heeds his advice or we will have another vulcan situation.
    between vulcan and merit matter no one will ever get hired lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    God I feel so much safer now that I know that you can bench almost twice your weight, but yet I still don't know how your benching helps PULLING someone out lol.. ( just busting your balls bro)
    Don't worry man, he'll just push you out of the building. Just as good haha.
    Jukez likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

FYI - Got my official score in the mail today
    Dannyvale likes this.

Forum Member

My gut feeling was right. Weird I just checked my mail, and no cigar. No point breakdown I take it?

Forum Member

I didn't receive anything in the mail today, but far as I can remember on past exams they've never given a point breakdown, so the lack of one here is not unusual.

Forum Member

They did on 6019 IIRC.

Really???
    Hopefully no one heeds his advice?
    You obviously have no concept of the big picture here.
    Look at the writing on the wall. The Vulcan lawsuit wants to place people on the job that do not deserve it.
    Those of us on the job have a big problem with that. And so should you.

The scores of this exam were glaringly coerced into what the judge wanted, yet PSI won't divulge exactly HOW the test was scored. And with tests like this, you never will unless you happen to work for one of these companies.

Every test that I have taken never required me to indicate my sex or ethinicity just to take it. Those were asked for on a voluntary basis. You were profiled from the get-go.

Yes, it affects you. But it affects us more.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Really???
    Hopefully no one heeds his advice?
    You obviously have no concept of the big picture here.
    Look at the writing on the wall. The Vulcan lawsuit wants to place people on the job that do not deserve it.
    Those of us on the job have a big problem with that. And so should you.

The scores of this exam were glaringly coerced into what the judge wanted, yet PSI won't divulge exactly HOW the test was scored. And with tests like this, you never will unless you happen to work for one of these companies.

Every test that I have taken never required me to indicate my sex or ethinicity just to take it. Those were asked for on a voluntary basis. You were profiled from the get-go.

Yes, it affects you. But it affects us more.
    I understand the problem guys on the job have with this exam, but what about the guys (and girls too I guess?) from the previous 6019 exam who aced that one and this one as well? You have to admit we're in a really awkward spot right now.
    grok350 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I understand the problem guys on the job have with this exam, but what about the guys (and girls too I guess?) from the previous 6019 exam who aced that one and this one as well? You have to admit we're in a really awkward spot right now.
    I aced 6019 and did even better on 2000, and I would still sign up for a lawsuit against this judges decisions, and this b.s. test. I got every question right on the first part because I prepared for that kind of test, the second half I just got lucky I guess. I mean come on that entire section was weighted as 50% of our score? Questions asking you how many friends you have? How many compliments you got in the last month? 50%!?!?!? No luck should be involved in a civil service exam.

All you 6019 guys that got really screwed, don't give up.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    it doesn't matter about any law suits now.....they are going to hire regardless off this list....it might help out guys that were left on the previous list

Forum Member

What are some of the predictions of what list numbers that they might reach on the open competitive ?

Forum Member

This is somewhat off topic, but look at this scumbags' videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/tubor1959?feature=watch

Forum Member

Lets hope that Merit Matters and Chief Mannix file a Law Suit on behalf of the test takers on #6019.

These are the candidates who got the shaft. Remember 6019 was not part of the original lawsuit.

Keep the OT coming for the guys OTJ.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kocor321 View Post
    This is somewhat off topic, but look at this scumbags' videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/tubor1959?feature=watch
    Lol that dude is a dick !!!! I'm passing tonight on my truck through e86 st

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    What are some of the predictions of what list numbers that they might reach on the open competitive ?
    The first and only class from the last exam had 315.....only 225 of them were from the open competitive list and they reached list # 886. Thats a 1 in 4 ratio (approx). They will be hiring every 5 months for next 4 years with approx 315 or more per class. Plus as soon as the first class graduates these senior guys will be putting their papers in because they have been doing great #'s for their final pensionable years.

The FDNY stated they want to hire 2500 off the 4 year life of the list
    My1Goal likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Depan395 View Post
    Does anyone know if a nypd pysch DQ prevent one from getting on fdny?
    some people I asked in the NYPD investigation dept says it shouldn't. I dunno what FD says
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 10-19-2012 at 10:58 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    Na I'm a monster lol. I can bench almost twice my weight. Been lifting 4 days a week since I was 17
    was just gonna say that, strength is a weird thing in that you don't have to be big, its all about nervous system recruitment and efficiency. How much do you weigh and how do you bench out of curiosity? what about deadlift and squat?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

no he is pointing out how ridiculous the non cognitive portion was, and how they should take it off. Not that this will happen but it should. And any one who says differently just did well on it. If you did well on the cognitive portion then you should be happy to do the right thing. This is about the FD in general and about America and our civil rights.

sorry for the triple post but had to reply to this. by the way not an attack at you bro, just wanted to comment on the situation.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 10-19-2012 at 11:00 PM.
    ffbam24 likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Thread Information