Like Tree9617Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I like that projection, I would be in the 3rd class 4 days before my bday, talk about and awesome bday present.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Also keep in mind that many EMS guys took both exams. Once they get in on 2500 they're skipped over on 2000. Am I correct on that?
    Of course, but it depends. There are some on EMS who will probably get called off of 2000 first because they scored high enough to be considered for the first OC class, and can't be promoted right now. Honestly one could sit down and determine how many duplicates there are between the lists... but it's a few hundred names at most, not really worth the time or effort.

Forum Member

And I know many a guy in the top 3000#s who think they're automatically in. They smoke frequently and workout rarely. There are many guys like this on the OC, so don't be so generous with your ratios for 2000. Guys with higher #s on the cusp def shouldn't lose hope.
    Good Point because even though my list number is 8** , I do also feel tht many people who are in the top tier believe its a given and that they can slack because they had such a good grade .

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    There is probaly less then 75 of those people. I think the biggest thing that is going to bump people out is the residency require to get the 5 points
    I hope they are strict with it, and people dont get around it somehow.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I know you guys think there are varying levels of "strictness", but it's going to be really simple. You need to show proof as defined by the NOE, or a suitable alternative that comes close enough that they accept it. Anything less isn't going to do it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    there not going to play around with it they don't want to risk another law suit. they also have court appointed officials review the entire process

Forum Member

there not going to play around with it they don't want to risk another law suit. they also have court appointed officials review the entire process
    From who?

If you mean non-city residents who want to know how they arrived at their score, then guess what they are getting one regardless. If you mean that a white candidate was denied hire due to being outside the age range, then the same standards should applied to those deemed in the "group" being looked at for hiring.

This process just began and I want to hear all the stories from those rejected and as to the reason why so we can make sure all people will be treated fairly.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    From who?

If you mean non-city residents who want to know how they arrived at their score, then guess what they are getting one regardless. If you mean that a white candidate was denied hire due to being outside the age range, then the same standards should applied to those deemed in the "group" being looked at for hiring.

This process just began and I want to hear all the stories from those rejected and as to the reason why so we can make sure all people will be treated fairly.
    What are you trying to imply?
    grok350 likes this.

Forum Member

From who?

What are you talking about?? All I said was there going to be stricter on the NYC points then before because they have stricter standards and they have the court watching everything they do

Forum Member

deleted post
    Last edited by DannyD0pe; 02-06-2013 at 12:25 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    What are you trying to imply?
    That if you set standards then you must follow them. If they start letting things go for one candidate, then the same should be applied for the other meaning, if you have an asian candidate that cannot be hired due to being outside the age range from EMS to Fire, then the same should be applied to both white and black candidates and not be taken away.

What are you talking about?? All I said was there going to be stricter on the NYC points then before because they have stricter standards and they have the court watching everything they do
    A court that deemed 293 priority hires must come from a select group based upon race not resisdency, I'm worried that a lot of you will think they will be strict, yes they will be strict, but it must apply to all candidates regardless of race. That's all I'm saying.

Forum Member

That if you set standards then you must follow them. If they start letting things go for one candidate, then the same should be applied for the other meaning, if you have an asian candidate that cannot be hired due to being outside the age range from EMS to Fire, then the same should be applied to both white and black candidates and not be taken away.

A court that deemed 293 priority hires must come from a select group based upon race not resisdency, I'm worried that a lot of you will think they will be strict, yes they will be strict, but it must apply to all candidates regardless of race. That's all I'm saying.
    Who said they won't be applying the age rule fairly and evenly? Also you make it pretty clear who you are, assuming you are the Asian EMS candidate who is too old. Ya know I'm sorry that you didn't make it man, but the age rule isn't some curve ball. It's basically the same as the last exam, with the exception of the 6019 extension, and has been in writing since the NOE came out over a year ago. You had to know you were too old.
    grok350 likes this.

Forum Member

Quick question. I tried getting a notarized letter from my previous landlord so I could use as proof of residency. The problem is that my name is not on the lease agreement because it was under my mother's name so the landlord refused to sign the letter. I could get a letter notarized from my mother but it would obviously mean nothing because it would be a conflict of interest. Any idea what other type of documents they would take for the residency credit? All I got so far is bank statements from 2010-2011, W-2 2007 (which dont mean anything per the NOE), an expired NYC drivers license with the address that Im claiming and my military records which show that I entered the military from NYC.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Quick question. I tried getting a notarized letter from my previous landlord so I could use as proof of residency. The problem is that my name is not on the lease agreement because it was under my mother's name so the landlord refused to sign the letter. I could get a letter notarized from my mother but it would obviously mean nothing because it would be a conflict of interest. Any idea what other type of documents they would take for the residency credit? All I got so far is bank statements from 2010-2011, W-2 2007 (which dont mean anything per the NOE), an expired NYC drivers license with the address that Im claiming and my military records which show that I entered the military from NYC.
    Might be a stupid question, but were you under 21 when you applied for the exam?
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    They should accept the notarized letter from your mother.

Forum Member

and hows does the 293 relate to anything i said and how does the 293 have anything to do with the investigators taking away five points if they are not earned

Forum Member

Might be a stupid question, but were you under 21 when you applied for the exam?
    Mocon, I was/am 24 when I applied. Im kind of on a unique situation. When I applied a friend of mine told me that I could claim residency credit because I joined the military from NYC so I did. All my military records reflect NYC as my "Home of Record". I've heard other users say that they do give candidates the residency points to military personnel as long as their military records show NYC as "Home of Record". I have been gathering a couple of things that I had still going to my mothers house (where I used to live in NYC). So far all I have is bank statements, driver license, a W-2 from 2007 and im going to try and get a letter notarized from my mother saying that I used to live there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Who said they won't be applying the age rule fairly and evenly? Also you make it pretty clear who you are, assuming you are the Asian EMS candidate who is too old. Ya know I'm sorry that you didn't make it man, but the age rule isn't some curve ball. It's basically the same as the last exam, with the exception of the 6019 extension, and has been in writing since the NOE came out over a year ago. You had to know you were too old.
    Actually Manhattan Medic I am not Asian nor an exam 2500 candidate, I'm actually the guy who organized Exam 2000 to make sure all of us were to be treated fairly. One of the questions that has come up is exactly the one I was asking about, only to be told by you that the process involving age has been treated fairly. Fine, if it has, has anyone who appears to be older been denied hire as of yet? Just want to hear it from the source, a guy on the job like yourself.
    ffbam24 likes this.

Forum Member

and hows does the 293 relate to anything i said and how does the 293 have anything to do with the investigators taking away five points if they are not earned
    They are priority hire meaning that they have priority over others like yourself. Even better, are entitled to seniority over others like yourself. I do hope they have their five points stripped but the likelyhood of that happening is slim to none if they are in the priority group.
    ffbam24 likes this.

Forum Member

Actually Manhattan Medic I am not Asian nor an exam 2500 candidate, I'm actually the guy who organized Exam 2000 to make sure all of us were to be treated fairly. One of the questions that has come up is exactly the one I was asking about, only to be told by you that the process involving age has been treated fairly. Fine, if it has, has anyone who appears to be older been denied hire as of yet? Just want to hear it from the source, a guy on the job like yourself.
    I'm aware of a few people that were DQed for being too old, but none of them qualified for the age extension.

Forum Member

I feel the age extension for 6019 candidates should be fixed for future exams also. We currently don't know that the extension was only for 2000. But the way it was worded on the NOE it clearly states it was just for exam 2000. The age limit is discrimination. Like manhattan medic said there are strict physical and medical requirements for the job title as firefighter. Not given a change due to age is unfair especially when 5 years were taken away from 6019 candidates. No one will understand unless they are in that position. Greed and selfishness will overcome ones true feelings about the situation bc everyone wants the job. So if it doesn't benefit them they could care less.

Forum Member

They are priority hire meaning that they have priority over others like yourself. Even better, are entitled to seniority over others like yourself. I do hope they have their five points stripped but the likelyhood of that happening is slim to none if they are in the priority group.
    aren't the 293 priority hires going to be from 99-02 exams? If so most will have other careers by now, others will be completely out of shape, why worry about a handful of people who will most likely decline. Thats 10-12 years, unless they've been running marathons annually I doubt they'll be any impact other than a handful of people.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 6019Victim View Post
    I feel the age extension for 6019 candidates should be fixed for future exams also. We currently don't know that the extension was only for 2000. But the way it was worded on the NOE it clearly states it was just for exam 2000. The age limit is discrimination. Like manhattan medic said there are strict physical and medical requirements for the job title as firefighter. Not given a change due to age is unfair especially when 5 years were taken away from 6019 candidates. No one will understand unless they are in that position. Greed and selfishness will overcome ones true feelings about the situation bc everyone wants the job. So if it doesn't benefit them they could care less.
    They did pretty good by candidates with the age extension. If you took 6019 and got screwed and were over 29 by 2000 you got to take it again, seems fair. That way no one who took 6019 would be denied an additional chance at 2000.

Forum Member

Wouldn't residency points be irrelevant for the priority hires? Because all they need to do is pass the test, same as 2500, and they all be hired before us oc guys.
    20xx

Forum Member

If I was one of the 6019 guys that really wanted the job that bad, I would of gone the EMS/Medic route. It was sure a lot less competitive than exam 2000.

Thread Information