Like Tree11239Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYorDIETRYIN View Post
    If I was one of the 6019 guys that really wanted the job that bad, I would of gone the EMS/Medic route. It was sure a lot less competitive than exam 2000.
    Exactly, that's the sure way in if you really want the job

Forum Member

A lot of 6019 guys will be over the age by the time promo rolls around again is the problem...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    A lot of 6019 guys will be over the age by the time promo rolls around again is the problem...
    Again, guys like victim could have tried for the ems route years ago, instead of banking on doing well on the next exam.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    Again, guys like victim could have tried for the ems route years ago, instead of banking on doing well on the next exam.

I agree man. Not trying to make excuses for anybody. I didn't mean for it to come off that way, and I think I in fact read the dude's comment incorrectly.

Carry on...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    It all depends how much you want it. A 70 on the promo beats a 118 on the oc

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    aren't the 293 priority hires going to be from 99-02 exams? If so most will have other careers by now, others will be completely out of shape, why worry about a handful of people who will most likely decline. Thats 10-12 years, unless they've been running marathons annually I doubt they'll be any impact other than a handful of people.
    Actually attending the court meetings it is those that could qualify for those exams, who can be hired off of these ones currently. Meaning this, if you were 18 in 99 in 09 you were 28 meaning you have easily a chance to be hired, also just because they have jobs now doesn't mean they want to keep them. I took a test in VA last month and the number of office workers looking to leave was astonishing, it was even more amazing considering the amount actually outnumbered fire fighters, both volunteer and career who took that test to be given a better position with a better job. Also some people have been physically fit for years, if you're thinking this will be like Chicago with 40 to 50 year olds being hired, you are incorrect.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kd44 View Post
    Wouldn't residency points be irrelevant for the priority hires? Because all they need to do is pass the test, same as 2500, and they all be hired before us oc guys.
    Problem is where they are coming from. Most of these priority hires are from the city itself, meaning that this hurts those minority candidates who spent time and money from out of city/state for a chance on the job. Even better is that they themselves feel entitled due to race and not their score itself, remember most of these groups had two scoring systems, both the written and the physical, compared to 6019 and 2000 who just have the writen. So you could get a 99 on the written but fail an event on the physical and kill your chances. Hence why they have done it this way now.

Also Manhattan Medic all those being denied a job due to being over age, what races are they?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    Problem is where they are coming from. Most of these priority hires are from the city itself, meaning that this hurts those minority candidates who spent time and money from out of city/state for a chance on the job. Even better is that they themselves feel entitled due to race and not their score itself, remember most of these groups had two scoring systems, both the written and the physical, compared to 6019 and 2000 who just have the writen. So you could get a 99 on the written but fail an event on the physical and kill your chances. Hence why they have done it this way now.

Also Manhattan Medic all those being denied a job due to being over age, what races are they?
    Also kd, no, they aren't a specific group a head of us, they will be a group processed with us.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 6019Victim View Post
    I feel the age extension for 6019 candidates should be fixed for future exams also. We currently don't know that the extension was only for 2000. But the way it was worded on the NOE it clearly states it was just for exam 2000. The age limit is discrimination. Like manhattan medic said there are strict physical and medical requirements for the job title as firefighter. Not given a change due to age is unfair especially when 5 years were taken away from 6019 candidates. No one will understand unless they are in that position. Greed and selfishness will overcome ones true feelings about the situation bc everyone wants the job. So if it doesn't benefit them they could care less.
    Age cutoffs are a discrimination that the city is allowed to do for jobs like this, and many others have tested the waters there before. The courts have upheld the system.

Forum Member

hey guys i got a couple questions i would hope to get answered...about 2 months ago I pulled my lowerback at the gym while doing squats so i checked myself in to the ER and they had told me i had a lower back muscle strain, i am now going to physical therapy for it what I want to know is if that injury will disqualify me and i also had patellar tendonitis for the record...question number 2..we go through rough times in our luife and i happened to go through one when i was about 14 and had to go through pyschological therapy and take some medication for about 2 years due to depression but im all good now...knowing this happened about 10 years ago..will that disqualify me as well?

Forum Member

[QUOTE=ready4fire;1349810]hey guys i got a couple questions i would hope to get answered...about 2 months ago I pulled my lowerback at the gym while doing squats so i checked myself in to the ER and they had told me i had a lower back muscle strain, i am now going to physical therapy for it what I want to know is if that injury will disqualify me and i also had patellar tendonitis for the record...question number 2..we go through rough times in our luife and i happened to go through one when i was about 14 and had to go through pyschological therapy and take some medication for about 2 years due to depression but im all good now...knowing this happened about 10 years ago..will that disqualify me as

Just curious ... How you strained your back ?

Forum Member

well i had kinda messed it up before doing deadlifts and i rested it for a while than a month later on the way down while doing squats i felt soemthing in my lower back..when i racked the weight i could barely bend and thats when i went to the er and the doctor said i had a lowerback muscle strain

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ready4fire View Post
    well i had kinda messed it up before doing deadlifts and i rested it for a while than a month later on the way down while doing squats i felt soemthing in my lower back..when i racked the weight i could barely bend and thats when i went to the er and the doctor said i had a lowerback muscle strain
    How heavy you was going ???

Forum Member

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Last edited by DannyD0pe; 02-06-2013 at 01:23 AM.

Forum Member

i was actually doing a warm up set with 135 pounds i usually bust out about 15 warm up reps and on my 3rd rep i had to stop...and no i do not have a si joint injury just a lowerbackmuscle strain ive been going to a sports therapist i just started last week we'll see how things go..btw does the fdny have access to every single doctors visit I've been too? im not to sure what exact information they can access in regards to medical history, doctor appointments, treatments etc etc

Forum Member

if anyone is interested there is an FDNY vs NYPD charity hockey game for sandy relief at the garden on 12/22 @6pm its always a great time
    mocon337 likes this.

Forum Member

Default weight of my shoulder

So I was put on reserved medical status for having Acl reconstruction, was cleared by ortho within 10 seconds, Medical done and Cpat passed...1.5 mile run to go

In other news Open Competitive guys watch those mailboxes you might be getting something pretty soon.
    01-13

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNBOY View Post
    So I was put on reserved medical status for having Acl reconstruction, was cleared by ortho within 10 seconds, Medical done and Cpat passed...1.5 mile run to go

In other news Open Competitive guys watch those mailboxes you might be getting something pretty soon.
    Congrats and good luck.

Do you have any tangible evidence or have you heard of letters going out soon to guys on the OC?

Forum Member

saw folders being put together for open comp medicals and somebody stating there getting ready to start callin for the open

Forum Member

thanks ^^ read
    01-13

Forum Member

saw folders being put together for open comp medicals and somebody stating there getting ready to start callin for the open
    Thanks for the prompt response. Appreciate the heads up.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ready4fire View Post
    Back wouldn't be so much a problem but the meds for depression might be.

Forum Member

So the city might go ahead and start going by list number order on the open competitive list? This would be amazing news, but didn't judge Garaufis threaten "sanctions" if the city didn't start with the 293 priority jerks?

I would've thought the second circuit court would have to rule before they could start processing past the EMS promos one way or another? Maybe they are allowed to hire how they want while the appeal is still pending?
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    So the city might go ahead and start going by list number order on the open competitive list? This would be amazing news, but didn't judge Garaufis threaten "sanctions" if the city didn't start with the 293 priority jerks?

I would've thought the second circuit court would have to rule before they could start processing past the EMS promos one way or another? Maybe they are allowed to hire how they want while the appeal is still pending?
    Yeap I believe they are allowed to go ahead with the OC class until they figure out what the ruling on the priority hiring is. Also I spoke to an OTJ liutenant and he told me the priority hires are not going in altogether in one academy. They will be spinkled in here and there. Dont know whats the validity to any of this info tho.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    Yeap I believe they are allowed to go ahead with the OC class until they figure out what the ruling on the priority hiring is. Also I spoke to an OTJ liutenant and he told me the priority hires are not going in altogether in one academy. They will be spinkled in here and there. Dont know whats the validity to any of this info tho.
    The judge specified a quota system to slowly bring in the 293. Something like 1-2 out of every 5 or something like that.

I've heard different rumor mill stuff saying that the january class is pretty much all wrapped up, or that they may be publishing a list who's going in as soon as the next 1-2 weeks. Exciting ****.
    vekdoggs75 and BKLYNBOY like this.

Thread Information