Like Tree11345Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

On the notice of examination it says, "EXAMINATION RESULTS: You will be notified by mail of your test result"

I don't know if that is for after the physical exam but with the FDNY's cheating concerns I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get our results back until everyone has taken the exam.

Forum Member

Date: April 7th
    Mission: 100 or bust
    Tools: Intelligence, wit, faith

Best of luck to everyone testing.

By the way after the test I'll be at the beer garden praying about the test.

MembersZone Subscriber

Got my admission notice this morning. Looks like I'll be spending St. Paddys day testing at Studio Square at 4pm. May have to celebrate afterwards.

Anyone else taking it on the 17th at Studio Square?

Forum Member

Friday, April 13th for me.. Talk about bad luck.. Good luck to all you guys taking the exam..

Remember, relax and if it's meant to be, it'll work out..

Forum Member

St. Paddys day here too. Except I will be in Lower Manhattan.
    RIP Hela

"You have to do better then your best."
    BUD's instuctor Class 234

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
    Martin Luther King, Jr

Forum Member

Default date

April 14th
    Manhattan

Good luck to you all!!!

Shawshank

I've got mine on April 13th in the city. My co-worker has his on St. Paddys. He is going to try to reschedule to the date in April so we can roadtrip up together. Can any brothers put up a couple Norfolk brothers for a night or two in the firehouse? Shoot me a pm if at all possible. Thanks
    Don't be a know it all! Be a know a lot!

Forum Member

got mine april 15 in brooklyn comp testing center 12 noon... anyone else?

Forum Member

Congratulations everyone on receiving your test dates.

Just wanted to pass along some articles on training that I stumbled across today. They focus on injury prevention/prehab. I'm sure everyone on here has been running/lifting, but even more important is assessing and correcting any postural issues you may have (most everyone does with how much sitting we do as a society). Read the articles, you will be amazed at what injuries can be prevented with some simple exercises (just ignore the bodybuilding BS on there).

http://www.thegaragegymonline.com/20...cise-articles/

I know the rock seems like so far away, but now is the time to "bulletproof" yourself to prevent injury so you do not get washed out of the academy. Good Luck Brothers

Forum Member

I got min sin the mail the other day. I take the test April 2nd !! I'm still thinking if it makes sense to buy the prep books if im going to take the prep course classes ..=/

Forum Member

Just wanted to point out again that the written test will be a joke. What I predict they will do with this test is that most people will score very high on the test. They will then choose randomly from a high percentage of the test takers who scored in that high range.

So it will be like a lottery to get called.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirEd View Post
    They will then choose randomly from a high percentage of the test takers who scored in that high range.
    Their going to use a lottery? Thats sounds almost as bad as using quotas. Why wouldn't they hire based off of list numbers the way they have in the past since this exam is not supposed to be biased(not that any exam ever really was)?

Forum Member

i agree that there will be alot of high score above 100, i dont know that they would resort to a lottery system.

Forum Member

Hey guys, look at how Chicago Fire did their written in 2006. I believe the cut-off was 70%, and anyone that scored 70% or above was put on a list that was made randomly utilizing the last number in their Social Security number. The city is just going down the list when they process applicants. So, effectively, a lottery rather than ranking based off of score. I might have had a 97 or 98%, but because of my social security number, I'm #9,000-something on the list.

That was what they had to do to make their test "unbiased".

Forum Member

Well thank God for the guys at Merit Matters who are trying their best to fight this judge and vulcan jackasses with their outrageous "diversity" demands.

Forum Member

Just wanted to point out again that the written test will be a joke. What I predict they will do with this test is that most people will score very high on the test. They will then choose randomly from a high percentage of the test takers who scored in that high range.

Not at all...no lottery...they do the tie breaker with your ss#...last 5 digits combined with the first 4

Forum Member

I'm in the Bronx and my test site is at Queens... Was at DCAS taking a test for something else and spoke to some dude from Queens and he said his test site was in Manhattan. I'm guessing the City might of purposely designated test sites further for inconvenience if so, i'm definitely a huge fan of this. For all that money trying to make the judge happy getting people who would of never thought in 3 lifetimes of taking this test and who are unmotivated, distance is one of the best things the city could of done. Btw Angelo, how'd you get your info? From what I heard it was the first 3 digits?
    Last edited by FDNYorDIETRYIN; 02-01-2012 at 01:58 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYorDIETRYIN View Post
    I'm in the Bronx and my test site is at Queens... Was at DCAS taking a test for something else and spoke to some dude from Queens and he said his test site was in Manhattan. I'm guessing the City might of purposely designated test sites further for inconvenience if so, i'm definitely a huge fan of this. For all that money trying to make the judge happy getting people who would of never thought in 3 lifetimes of taking this test and who are unmotivated, distance is one of the best things the city could of done. Btw Angelo, how'd you get your info? From what I heard it was the first 3 digits?
    http://www.nyctransitforums.com/foru...sts-30326.html

If u scroll down a bit it says it there..someone had mentioned it in a previous post but I couldnt find it...so the 6019 list is set to expire in June..the day that list expires the exam 2000 list will be in effect correct? That means it'll only take a couple of months to establish a list...

I would LOVE to get my test score immediately but I know my heart would b in my throat lol...any chance we r getting them right away? Or in the mail?

Forum Member

Anyone know how the parking situation is around Studio Square? Would it be better to take public transit?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    Anyone know how the parking situation is around Studio Square? Would it be better to take public transit?
    It could be annoying to find a spot over there at times. My exam is at 12:00 on a monday and they say get there a half an hour before so I'll leave at 10:00am to give myself time to find a spot. If I happen to find something quickly I'll go grab a bite to eat before the exam. Odds are you won't a spot too close though, you're going to most likely be a few blocks away. But it's Astoria, so walk around and check out all the good looking women over there during walk to the beer garden lol.
    Last edited by TomFromQueens; 02-01-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Forum Member

Don't speculate. This is a terrible idea and will never happen. You only lower the value of this thread posting crap like this. Most of you I don't think know the value that this thread holds..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irish6019 View Post
    Don't speculate. This is a terrible idea and will never happen. You only lower the value of this thread posting crap like this. Most of you I don't think know the value that this thread holds..
    Thank you.

Forum Member

I got St. Patty's day at NYC seminar and conference center. Anyone else gonna be there?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by enwhycee1 View Post
    I got St. Patty's day at NYC seminar and conference center. Anyone else gonna be there?
    I will be there on Friday. I have made a reservation to stay just a few blocks from the conference center.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irish6019 View Post
    Ditto. Thanks. Let's not devolve into high school girls (no offense to high school girls). We're mere weeks from what might be the most important test in many of our lives, let's stay focused and on target.

As far as I can tell, I have one of the earlier test dates (23 March). I'll post pointers as soon as I can without posting actual questions (which I think would be a very, very bad idea because it can just be used against us in future accusations of cheating). I, for one, am curious to know if the scuttlebutt we've heard from guys taking practice tests at Metrotech with a substantial math section is accurate. Not eager to bust out old math textbooks and freshen up on 4 years of math I didn't pay attention to the first time around...

Thread Information