Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 233 of 1211 FirstFirst ... 133183223230231232233234235236243283333733 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 24210
Like Tree9406Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

When were the candidates from the promotional exam first notified to begin processing such as the 12 - week CPAT course?

Was it in August or September?
    Last edited by QCFRANKC; 10-22-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Go through the medical, the psychological and make it to the Academy. Show up when they tell you and leave when they dismiss you. You'll get some O/T in every check, but don't be concerned with that. I think counting hours and stacking up O/T is getting a bit ahead.
    I've got a family and would be leaving top pay to make the switch. So, I kind of have to be concerned with that.
    Jukez likes this.

Forum Member

talk to your landlord about notarizing necessary paperwork always, i have 2 notarized leases(april 2010 and april 2011) and thats for a year since its resighned annually. a notarized statement saying i have been his legal tenennt since april 2010, and bank statements. there are notarys all over and they are pretty cheap and carry alot of weight on paperwork , whenever you sighn a lease to rent always get it notarized. my super said its a legal requirement but iam not to sure about that

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nev7248 View Post
    you don't get any OT in the academy...and when you get to the field you are not allowed to do OT for the first 6 months
    I know you're trying to help but let's allow the guys on the job to answer the questions about the job. Bad information is worse than no information in this process.
    FDNYPD likes this.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Ffbam and fdsouthbx, what list number on the oc list can you guys predict will be called before the list gets exhausted?
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

didnt mean to write that thing about notaries for nothing i thought i was quoting someones question.... been playing on this thing for 4 years and still cant get it rite

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    Ffbam and fdsouthbx, what list number on the oc list can you guys predict will be called before the list gets exhausted?
    Dude I wouldnt worry to much about your list number... they ran thru 870 EMS guys and maybe got 220 (and thats if all of them pass CPAT). They will get up to 7000 for sure. I know the city said they will hire 2400 but i actually think it will be more than that. If 50 retire per month thats 2400 in 4 years and add the 650 FF short as it is and thats 3000 new hires. You'll be alright.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

Glad to hear things are moving along with the promo list...looking forward to some of you getting on from the OC...only thing i'm trying to gauge whether or not to join CG Reserves before they get down to the 14XX's...I'd like to get that over with so that my schedule is clear what would be my second bootcamp at the Rock if I get chosen lord willing...

List # 14XX

Forum Member

I'm on the job

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    I know you're trying to help but let's allow the guys on the job to answer the questions about the job. Bad information is worse than no information in this process.
    I'm on the job.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MeloX View Post
    Glad to hear things are moving along with the promo list...looking forward to some of you getting on from the OC...only thing i'm trying to gauge whether or not to join CG Reserves before they get down to the 14XX's...I'd like to get that over with so that my schedule is clear what would be my second bootcamp at the Rock if I get chosen lord willing...

List # 14XX
    that may be a conflict because as a reservist you will go straight to a-school before guys AD. either yorktown or petaluma depending what you wanna do...not e-city cuz reservists cant do aviation rates. anyway if you didnt make the push for a direct a-school out of boot then you would be a proby and a seamen at the same time....alot of toilets to clean, i was 4 yrs ad at airsta borinquen in aguadilla puerto rico and reserve its alot of fun the education benefits are great and you work with a great group of guys . i would say try and do it, if its something you want

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    if we both get called there a good chance we could be in the academy together

here is what the city has came out and said

TEST RESULTS
    Of the 41,764 people who took the Open Competitive exam, 40,864 passed. However, in light of our hiring needs over the next four years, we expect that – in addition to those who took and passed the promotional exam (870) – only those candidates who scored a 97 or above on the Open Competitive exam (8,548) have a likelihood of being considered for appointment.
    Breakdown of Likely Hires by ethnicity – 9,417 Total (869 Promotional added to 8,548 Open Competitive list)
     White
     Hispanic
     Black
     Asian
     Other
    5,045 total (53.5%) 2,131 total (22.6%) 1,859 total (19.7%)
    351 total (3.7%) 31
    Breakdown of Likely Hires by Gender – 9,417 total
     Male 8,980 total (95.3%)
     Female 437 total (4.6%)
    [It’s worth noting that the total percentage of minorities on this likely-to-be considered list (46%) is nearly identical to the percentage that took the Open Competitive exam (45.7%)].

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/insider...up_50_2012.pdf

Forum Member

I'm on the job.
    I apologize!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    Even the guys on the job don't always know what they're talking about.

Case in point:

“The cost of a probie firefighter is far less than paying overtime,” said Rush. Stephen Rush is a FDNY Assistant Commissioner in charge of Budget and Finance. You couldn't have a more credible source than the man who crunches the numbers for a living and was put on the stand by city attorneys to prove this to Garaufis.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/f...lmS6k3hosQ6MfK
    Last edited by GIMMEFIRE600; 10-22-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    that may be a conflict because as a reservist you will go straight to a-school before guys AD. either yorktown or petaluma depending what you wanna do...not e-city cuz reservists cant do aviation rates. anyway if you didnt make the push for a direct a-school out of boot then you would be a proby and a seamen at the same time....alot of toilets to clean, i was 4 yrs ad at airsta borinquen in aguadilla puerto rico and reserve its alot of fun the education benefits are great and you work with a great group of guys . i would say try and do it, if its something you want

I appreciate your valuable input Les....didn't think i'd hear from a coastie...I'm thinking MK and as far as A-school goes...AD wait time for that school is 9-12 months right now...not sure about reservists..I'll ask my recruiter about it, before I received my scores I was going to go AD with the guard but considering I just got married and I want the best of both world..I think FF as my primary occupation is the best deal while i pick up some other skills and reap the benefits...those education benefits could come in handy when I go for my masters in a field where i can get per diem work on the side...Again thank you man.

List #14XX

Forum Member

What you got against coasties as a former BM2 I take offence. Lol
    myles8683 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    Even the guys on the job don't always know what they're talking about.

Case in point:

“The cost of a probie firefighter is far less than paying overtime,” said Rush. Stephen Rush is a FDNY Assistant Commissioner in charge of Budget and Finance. You couldn't have a more credible source than the man who crunches the numbers for a living and was put on the stand by city attorneys to prove this to Garaufis.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/f...lmS6k3hosQ6MfK
    yeah i know buddy but i only state stuff from dep orders or regs....you don't get over time in proby school.. we work 48 hours a week and get paid for 40..and i wouldn't believe what the paper writes they will write what ever sounds good but not the truth, and the city will tell you a bunch of BS just to get what they want.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Depan395 View Post
    What you got against coasties as a former BM2 I take offence. Lol

Lol no disrespect its just that I didn't think i'd find coasties on the forum, def lucky to find you guys so I can get some answers from 1st hand experience

Forum Member

yeah i know buddy but i only state stuff from dep orders or regs....you don't get over time in proby school.. we work 48 hours a week and get paid for 40..and i wouldn't believe what the paper writes they will write what ever sounds good but not the truth, and the city will tell you a bunch of BS just to get what they want.
    FYI, my post wasn't directed at you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    FYI, my post wasn't directed at you.
    i know i was trying to clarify it for people...

Thread Information