Like Tree11270Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    I'll definitely try the body weight exercises. I really want to get to a point where I'm running 3miles straight without stopping.
    Definitely throw in the long runs at a slow pace if that's your goal. Bump it up 10% or less every week so long as your body is responding well to it. I can't give you an exact pace, but try to settle into one where you're not huffing and puffing and just chug along. For me, so much of running is finding the right tempo and getting in a groove. Once I find that groove I can think about other things to take my mind off the actual running, lol

Forum Member

Little off topic but my wife and I were discussing the promotion process for the FD.. Can anyone give a little insight to the qualification/ testing/ appointment process?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Little off topic but my wife and I were discussing the promotion process for the FD.. Can anyone give a little insight to the qualification/ testing/ appointment process?
    Well from one of the chiefs of the department, looks like this test that us the OCL guys got might be the ones the FD will use in the future for promotionals. Btw Griff, how are you doing in the Philadelphia process?

Forum Member

Do you mean EMS->Fire or Firefighter->Lieutenant->Captain, etc.?

Forum Member

Fire side... Firefighter to LT.

Forum Member

Fire side... Firefighter to LT.
    Well at this point all there is to go on is previous NOEs. Obviously if they radically change the process who knows, but here is the last one for lieutenant:
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa...0808553000.pdf

Forum Member

If it means anything to anybody, I heard DI's started getting detailed to the rock.

Forum Member

Can anyone please post that picture of the chart that explains what your heart rate should be for your age. Or refer me to the page it was posted on?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by profeshffd View Post
    Can anyone please post that picture of the chart that explains what your heart rate should be for your age. Or refer me to the page it was posted on?
    Its a formula. 220 - age X .9
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Its a formula. 220 - age X .9
    Order of operations dude! Gotta put some parentheses around that sucker. (220-age)*0.9
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Forum Member

Got email for run today. Run will be January 2-5. 13 or less to qualify. Offer of appointment letters to be given on completion of run.
    HopefulFF likes this.
    Exam 2500
    List: 10x
    Medical: Passed
    CPAT: 7:50 Passed
    Candidate run: 9:30
    Class: 1/14/2013?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by thebigempty View Post
    Got email for run today. Run will be January 2-5. 13 or less to qualify. Offer of appointment letters to be given on completion of run.
    awesome news, good luck bro

Forum Member

Just got my email for the run Jan 5 can wait!!! Goodluck thebigempty
    CableGuy516 likes this.
    01-13

Forum Member

I go the 3rd. Cant wait, good luck everyone.
    CableGuy516 likes this.
    Exam 2500
    List: 10x
    Medical: Passed
    CPAT: 7:50 Passed
    Candidate run: 9:30
    Class: 1/14/2013?

Forum Member

So the FDNY finally got with the times and started using email? Were u guys contacted for any other phases of the process via email?
    knicksh2o likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    So the FDNY finally got with the times and started using email? Were u guys contacted for any other phases of the process via email?
    this was the only email i received besides the cpat orientation email I'm assuming they sent emails because of the holiday week coming up and then run being the following week.
    01-13

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Congrats to all...run like your life depends on it! because it really does lol

Exam 2000
    List # 14XX

CG Reserve this summer baybay

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    This is the first substantial thing that was emailed, everything else important has been snail mail. And all the email is is an attachment, which is a word doc that is the exact thing they'll probably put in the mail next week. As Bklnboy said they probably did it this way due to the time crunch and the holidays.

Forum Member

I didn't get the email. EVERYONE I know got one. I have the highest list number out of everyone. I don't think they reached the 700s for the EMS class. Otherwise I prob would have gotten the email to report for the run. Its sounds like if you are to report to the run and pass, they offer you the job so thats prob why I didn't get one. Pretty heartbreaking. We'll see....So yea if this is correct looks like you OC guys will have to save some space for left over EMS guys. Prob 100 or more.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    I didn't get the email. EVERYONE I know got one. I have the highest list number out of everyone. I don't think they reached the 700s for the EMS class. Otherwise I prob would have gotten the email to report for the run. Its sounds like if you are to report to the run and pass, they offer you the job so thats prob why I didn't get one. Pretty heartbreaking. We'll see....So yea if this is correct looks like you OC guys will have to save some space for left over EMS guys. Prob 100 or more.
    Call your investgator make sure they have a valid email for you the email was basically a word doc of the actual letter that comes in the mail so I would call him/her just to be sure.
    01-13

Forum Member

I plan on it. Just sucks having to wait. Prob after the holiday. I doubt they are in on Monday and Tuesday.

Forum Member

I plan on it. Just sucks having to wait. Prob after the holiday. I doubt they are in on Monday and Tuesday.
    My girlfriend works for an offshoot of city hall and has work on Monday so.... 9 MT is probably also open then. You checked your spam folder right?

Forum Member

Do you think it's possible that not all EMS guys fit in the first class because they put some of the 297's in the class?

Forum Member

Um No

and MM I checked my spam.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    Do you think it's possible that not all EMS guys fit in the first class because they put some of the 297's in the class?
    It was 293, and no, they have not looked at anybody on the OC list.

Um No

and MM I checked my spam.
    Well, sucks man. You have gotten recruitment emails and what not from the department before, right?

Thread Information