Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 238 of 1162 FirstFirst ... 138188228235236237238239240241248288338738 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,760 of 23234
Like Tree9097Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I think that is correct that if u fail you do have to come back and do it for a longer period of time.
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by polanco View Post
    Hey guys, I just joined the forums last night. I have been reading through this entire thread for a while now. I have 1 question that I am worried about. I am 20 years old and I lived in Queens my whole life so I applied for Residency. I was checking the requirements last night and I realized that it said I needed a HS diploma which I have AND any of the following:

• Mortgage in the candidate’s name valid during the 12-month period between July 1, 2010 and June 30, 2011
    • Cable bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Telephone bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Gas, electric or water utility bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Checking or savings account statements for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Credit card statements for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011 and
    • W-2 form(s) from the candidate’s employer for the 2010 and 2011 tax years.

I do have a Debit card but I received it around March 2012..This wouldn't qualify to them since it says prior 2011. Can somebody please let me know if I can show them something else proving that I live in Queens.

Thanks a lot!
    the NOE states you need to show your high school diploma and one from the list you have if you cant you might be in trouble but if i were you i would call DCAS

just out of curiosity what is your list # around

Forum Member

6019 was the first list that you had more than 1 shot at the cpat/medical. It used to be 1 time and u fail u were done.
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Forum Member

Yea, I also wanted to know about this. I broke my ankle back in 2009 and the docs put in two screws and a plate..
    As long as u don't have any metal perturbing it is ok. They want to see the surgery report. They are getting a little tougher letting people on with previous surgery. I guess it depends what u had repaired

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Truckie 1 day View Post
    hmm... what about if you fail the heart rate on the stepmill and they make you come back and do it again in 30 days. Don't they make you walk for a longer time and if you do you pass? I passed for 6019 but a few of my buddies walked more time and passed or something. But yeah, you don't see your heart rate the instructor conducting the test does and it come on the watch monitor and on the computer also in the room which someone is monitoring. Eye requirements: I had to get lasik back then as well. the eye exam was one where you look in a thing and have to express which way a open sided letter was facing. If you couldn't make it out, which i couldn't, you had 30 days to fix it and come back and pass. the color blind part was where you saw a color with a letter or number in it of a different color. Hope this helps anyone concerned. also anyone who thinks this is too much info let me know so i can edit stuff out...
    the second time you come back you go on again for the 5:12. If you are still over at the 5:12 mark they make you stay on for a total of 8 mins. If you stay on for the full 8 mins you pass, regardless of heartrate. I even believe you get one final shot after that if you cant stay on for the full 8 mins. Train for the 8 mins just in case. 8 mins could be hard for many.

Forum Member

So let me get this straight, now you have multiple shots at pass the cpat physical and other step wtf what happend to once and done?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Depan395 View Post
    So let me get this straight, now you have multiple shots at pass the cpat physical and other step wtf what happend to once and done?
    The medical has not been one and done for a long time. There are too many things that can be corrected that is not worth failing people for after the first time. You can be nervous on the stairmaster and fail. You can not meet a weight to height requirement that can be corrected as well.

Forum Member

some one told me its possible to fail the the lung test even thou are in shape to pass everything else.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Depan395 View Post
    Actually, I do not think it was ever one and done.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    the NOE states you need to show your high school diploma and one from the list you have if you cant you might be in trouble but if i were you i would call DCAS

just out of curiosity what is your list # around
    Do you know the DCAS number? They have a few on the site.. My list number is around 36XX
    I really hope that it goes well.

Just finished climbing the stairs for 30 minutes
    List # - 36XX
    Intake - N/A

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    some one told me its possible to fail the the lung test even thou are in shape to pass everything else.
    yes, if you fail any one event and its not fixed, then yes you will fail. The only thing that I believe is a gray area is the height to weight requirement. It is used as a guide, but in the end, if you are in great shape physically but have muscle weight, you will probably pass. That part is up to the doctors. It is their call in the end.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nev7248 View Post
    As long as u don't have any metal perturbing it is ok. They want to see the surgery report. They are getting a little tougher letting people on with previous surgery. I guess it depends what u had repaired
    What exactly do you mean by metal perturbing? I have 2 screws and 1 plate in my ankle. They did tell me that I could have it removed later on if I wanted to though... I broke my ankle pretty badly, I believe it was broken through on both sides of the ankle.
    List # - 36XX
    Intake - N/A

Forum Member

I thought during the CPAT the stairmaster was 3:20. It's 5:20 on the medical ?

Also what exactly is a lung test ?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

MembersZone Subscriber

What exactly do you mean by metal perturbing? I have 2 screws and 1 plate in my ankle. They did tell me that I could have it removed later on if I wanted to though... I broke my ankle pretty badly, I believe it was broken through on both sides of the ankle.
    It may have to be removed before getting on. Not 100% sure but I knew someone that had to get a screw removed to get hired. But like I said, not 100% sure.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I thought during the CPAT the stairmaster was 3:20. It's 5:20 on the medical ?

Also what exactly is a lung test ?
    During the medical its 5 and change with 50lbs and during the CPAT its 80lbs for 3 and change. The lung test is a machine you blow as hard as you can into and it measures lung capicity.

Forum Member

Guys from 6019 correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they also request a paper from the social security office with your earnings from the past 5 years or something? And also pay stubs from a year worth?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Guys from 6019 correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they also request a paper from the social security office with your earnings from the past 5 years or something? And also pay stubs from a year worth?
    yup yup you are correct!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MDEL210201 View Post
    It may have to be removed before getting on. Not 100% sure but I knew someone that had to get a screw removed to get hired. But like I said, not 100% sure.
    I meant petruding your skin. If u have metal that is exposed. We have a guy that has screws in his wrist. I believe they said no pins. Not sure

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by joro89 View Post
    In terms of the background check, can one open container summons DQ you? Thanks in advance for any help and information.
    I've been wondering the same thing dude. I have one too from like 2 years back but I don't quite remember if it was an open container or underage consumption. Either way I don't think it should have that big of an impact. I hear about guys OTJ who have prior arrests etc. So hopefully I think right haha.
    joro89 likes this.

Forum Member

A little advice. If u had surgery on anything and you can not make out the scars don't say a word. Guys that have been arrested...they will hire you. You will be on a stipulation for a year or two.

Thread Information