Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 239 of 1156 FirstFirst ... 139189229236237238239240241242249289339739 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,780 of 23119
Like Tree9073Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nev7248 View Post
    I meant petruding your skin. If u have metal that is exposed. We have a guy that has screws in his wrist. I believe they said no pins. Not sure
    Oh lol No its all inside. I cant even feel a screw or any plate. Just a 2 inch scar
    List # - 36XX
    Intake - N/A

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by polanco View Post
    Hey guys, I just joined the forums last night. I have been reading through this entire thread for a while now. I have 1 question that I am worried about. I am 20 years old and I lived in Queens my whole life so I applied for Residency. I was checking the requirements last night and I realized that it said I needed a HS diploma which I have AND any of the following:

• Mortgage in the candidate’s name valid during the 12-month period between July 1, 2010 and June 30, 2011
    • Cable bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Telephone bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Gas, electric or water utility bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Checking or savings account statements for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Credit card statements for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011 and
    • W-2 form(s) from the candidate’s employer for the 2010 and 2011 tax years.

I do have a Debit card but I received it around March 2012..This wouldn't qualify to them since it says prior 2011. Can somebody please let me know if I can show them something else proving that I live in Queens.

Thanks a lot!
    When I did the NYPD process they allowed me to use my fathers bills and CC statement along with a notarized letter saying I lived with him. Maybe you can do something similar...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Guys from 6019 correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they also request a paper from the social security office with your earnings from the past 5 years or something? And also pay stubs from a year worth?
    What if you havent worked the last year. I'm a full time student. I hope thay doesnt cause a problem
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY86 View Post
    When I did the NYPD process they allowed me to use my fathers bills and CC statement along with a notarized letter saying I lived with him. Maybe you can do something similar...
    That is what I am hoping. Thanks for the info.
    List # - 36XX
    Intake - N/A

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by polanco View Post
    Oh lol No its all inside. I cant even feel a screw or any plate. Just a 2 inch scar
    DO NOT LIE.....but don't offer more information than they ask for.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    What if you havent worked the last year. I'm a full time student. I hope thay doesnt cause a problem
    iam a full time student also, i have a letter from my registrar saying the dates of my enrollment, also iam on the post 9-11 gi bill so i dont really need to work getting bah as an e-5 with dependants. iam thinking that should be ok, they cant penalize you for being a student. as far as the mortagae , realistically its gonna be more common to find renters so i think witha notarized lease agreement you should be ok

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Guys from 6019 correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they also request a paper from the social security office with your earnings from the past 5 years or something? And also pay stubs from a year worth?
    I have been working for the past 5 years in a company but I don't get pay stubs, I get paid with a Company's check ... Anyone knows how they go about this ?

Forum Member

the one thing everyone should have is a bank account, ive had one since i was 10 so have most people if you have ever had a job with direct deposit you need one, as far as credit cards, i didnt get one until last year and hate it but if you ever want to buy a house you need it, however i cant use mine toward residency points cuz i got it to late. as far as w-2 for 2010 and 2011 like i said i was unemployed on the gi bill recieving a government allowance so i have a letter form my accountant stating that, gas electric and utes are all tied into my lease agreement that i have for the applicable time period, and its notarized, as well as a notarized letter from my landlord stating i have been her legal tenant since april 2010. i think i should be ok what abut you guys?

Forum Member

I got 2 different credit card statements
    checking account statements
    cablebills
    W2's from 2010 and 2011
    And at least 40 of my paystubs from the time frame they're asking for.

I got a few more than what they needed but I wanted to play it safe lol.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

MembersZone Subscriber

So glad I don't have to deal with proof of residency.

Does anyone know if for veterans points if all you need is DD214?
    Exam 2000
    List # 7X
    Score 107

"But, the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Forum Member

A little advice. If u had surgery on anything and you can not make out the scars don't say a word. Guys that have been arrested...they will hire you. You will be on a stipulation for a year or two.
    Then if they see it on your insurance you are def DQed
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    So glad I don't have to deal with proof of residency.

Does anyone know if for veterans points if all you need is DD214?
    From what I've seen in department orders I believe that is it.

Also so if I understand it right if you fail the stairmaster/heart rate test at BHS twice (or however many times) due to heart rate, they put you through it for 8 minutes and if you finish you're good? 8 minutes with a 50 pound vest is easy to train for. Of course if you train for that you will probably easily pass the test.

edit: Since people are asking about the physical requirements again read this post: http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t121...9/#post1341562 (FDNY Exam 2000)
    Last edited by Manhattan Medic; 10-24-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Forum Member

My question is will PAST Ritalin use affect the psych here at fdny. 22 years ago I was diagnosed with ADHD and put on that stuff for I would say 2 years then I requested to be taken off because I felt no different and it was a waste of time. Now fast foreword grade HS five year active (honorable) 49 credits towards a BS in CJ and currently a fed cop in DC. NYPD DQed me for this but I still haven't gotten the letter nothing. So is this going to screw me with the FD. Ps the DR I saw has no record of me even seeing him and the school doesn't have any records as well.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Depan395 View Post
    My question is will PAST Ritalin use affect the psych here at fdny. 22 years ago I was diagnosed with ADHD and put on that stuff for I would say 2 years then I requested to be taken off because I felt no different and it was a waste of time. Now fast foreword grade HS five year active (honorable) 49 credits towards a BS in CJ and currently a fed cop in DC. NYPD DQed me for this but I still haven't gotten the letter nothing. So is this going to screw me with the FD. Ps the DR I saw has no record of me even seeing him and the school doesn't have any records as well.
    I highly doubt it. Psych for FD is just the 900 question test, and a follow up if needed.

Forum Member

when I was going thru the process I had to see othro because I had broken my femur in the Army and still have the rod in my leg. I was cleared and it wasn't an issue. They just have you come back on a Sat morning to see the doc down at 9mt.

And I just submitted a copy of my dd-214 and I was good to go with mil pts.
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Then if they see it on your insurance you are def DQed
    That's not true I had two surgeries in my shoulder when I was in the military. I didn't mention it and the doctor seen the big *** scars and said something. I just had to go back with a report from the military doctors and I was good to go. Some of you guys are going to get disqualified for being to honest. My buddy did for saying he took valume because he was scared to fly. You don't tell them any medication that u were on. You can take my advice or not. But when they say u

Forum Member

For those that are more familiar with the past hiring process ... You guys took the written then the physical then you got your list number or how exactly the process was done ?

Forum Member

That's not true I had two surgeries in my shoulder when I was in the military. I didn't mention it and the doctor seen the big *** scars and said something. I just had to go back with a report from the military doctors and I was good to go. Some of you guys are going to get disqualified for being to honest. My buddy did for saying he took valume because he was scared to fly. You don't tell them any medication that u were on. You can take my advice or not. But when they say u
    so do we have to get copies of our medical records from the VA? and bring them

Forum Member

Some of you guys are going to get disqualified for being to honest. My buddy did for saying he took valume because he was scared to fly. You don't tell them any medication that u were on. You can take my advice or not.
    Wouldnt they be able to find any medications you have taken through ur insurance?
    20xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kd44 View Post
    Wouldnt they be able to find any medications you have taken through ur insurance?
    taking prescribed medication i believe is different than taking valume for flying unless maybe cause of anxiety, but if not prescribed i believe its viewed as recreational

Thread Information