Like Tree10553Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    Reminds me of this kid I overheard at the NCPD exam a couple weeks ago while waiting in line. He told another guy on the line that he was NYPD. When the guy asked him where he worked, the kid replied "well I just went to the cadet orientation, I should have my medical pretty soon." It was so hard to contain the laughter
    Oh god that's painful. I'll never understand the bragging about something you don't yet have.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    MM not even. Im like 10 guys out right now....from the info that I have gathered at least. And the final numbers on emails that went out is only 320. If they want to put in 320 Jan14th my chances are looking ok. They are anticipating second round of runs Jan 7-11. They can call me at 3:00 a.m. day of, and tell me the run is 13 miles. I'll be ready! Fingers crossed but not getting my hopes up anymore. Did that the past 4 months when my mom was fighting cancer and it didn't work out so I'm kinda over getting my hopes up.

Good luck brother. Please keep me informed on how many guys keel over and cough up blood the day of your run. Thanks.
    Will do. And again I'm sorry for your loss. I'd like to say it gets better with time, but it's been a good 5 months since my partner died andddddd it still sucks. I still can't even imagine how that compares to losing your Mom. As you said above I hope the people that really want this and have prepared make it, and I hope those that haven't prepared get what's coming to them. I hope you get called, but you know how much time flies on this job. Even if you have to wait till Summer it will go by in a flash.
    JerkAlert and 6019Victim like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Hopefully there are at least a couple of girls there who have had their hearts set on meeting a disgruntled, jaded wannabe firefighter...
    hahahahahaha
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manny.B View Post
    Hi. It's around 8600's
    I took the test in 2007, had a decent number to get call but city went on freeze, decided to take the Ems class because my cousin recommended it be a good job called FDNY got my name put on the list for Ems, busted my *** in the privates with crappy pay for 2 years later I was called for the Ems academy in 2010 summer class, 2 years later promo test comes out now I'm about to be in the academy, I never joined EMS to become a Fireman I did it to become a medic only when I came on the job I learned of the promotion thing, but if you really want this job the EMS way gives you a great chance of getting it, but dont think its a walk in the park, I have seen alot and been through alot in my 4 years of EMS. Good Luck
    01-13

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNBOY View Post
    I took the test in 2007, had a decent number to get call but city went on freeze, decided to take the Ems class because my cousin recommended it be a good job called FDNY got my name put on the list for Ems, busted my *** in the privates with crappy pay for 2 years later I was called for the Ems academy in 2010 summer class, 2 years later promo test comes out now I'm about to be in the academy, I never joined EMS to become a Fireman I did it to become a medic only when I came on the job I learned of the promotion thing, but if you really want this job the EMS way gives you a great chance of getting it, but dont think its a walk in the park, I have seen alot and been through alot in my 4 years of EMS. Good Luck
    I appreciate it your input. I admire your determination. I'm the same. I'm going to look EMS. Thanks.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 97
    List: 86XX

Forum Member

So basically the first class is all EMS and the second class may be a mix of the 293 priority hires and what is left of the EMS list. This concludes that the OC list is delayed a year and the life of the list reduces from 4 years to 3 years. I wouldn’t be surprised if they extend the life of the OC list for at least a year because this is the first time no one from the OC list is going to go into any class for the first year that the list is good for. The List number of those under 8,548 who are likely of being considered for appointment is now dramatically reduced.

Forum Member

Don't get yourself down.. We all knew the first class would be ALL. ems... And we had an idea that a portion of the second would be too. Now, the 293, honestly if 100 of them are hireable and the other 100-150 ems guys are a go there is still a shot some OC guys will get in the 2nd class.

Don't sweat the 293.... I'm not.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manny.B View Post
    I appreciate it your input. I admire your determination. I'm the same. I'm going to look EMS. Thanks.
    If you really wanna join the fire service you could look into other depts. if moving is a option. The EMS route isn't as easy as some paint it to be or i'm sure plenty of others would have done it. Fire service in Nyc is great but if it doesn't work out in the future consider somewhere else, i'm down in the DC area cause 6019 didn't work out and I like it.
    ffbam24 and GIMMEFIRE600 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Don't get yourself down.. We all knew the first class would be ALL. ems... And we had an idea that a portion of the second would be too. Now, the 293, honestly if 100 of them are hireable and the other 100-150 ems guys are a go there is still a shot some OC guys will get in the 2nd class.

Don't sweat the 293.... I'm not.
    The city may hire up to 293 of the 745 priority hires that were deemed eligible and are going to be processed for the summer class. Also there are still EMS candidates that may not fit into the first class and there are also EMS guys that will reach there 2 year duty by June/July to be eligible for the summer class. IMO the 3rd class in Jan. 2014 will have the first round of the OC candidates and it may still include some remaining EMS as well.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    The city may hire up to 293 of the 745 priority hires that were deemed eligible and are going to be processed for the summer class. Also there are still EMS candidates that may not fit into the first class and there are also EMS guys that will reach there 2 year duty by June/July to be eligible for the summer class. IMO the 3rd class in Jan. 2014 will have the first round of the OC candidates and it may still include some remaining EMS as well.
    The question will be when does the clock start for 2000. I honestly don't know either. If it doesn't start till they stand to hire from that list then the life of the list will be extended. If it starts as soon as 2500 is used then yeah that sucks. Does anyone know?

Forum Member

Hey all,

I took the exam on 17 December 2012 due to military duty. When should I expect my results and when does the hiring process begin? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Forum Member

As someone from this forum texted me last night and pointed out to me: the priorityhires are going to be hired on a 2 out of 5 basis. Which means for every 5 hires, 2 have to be from that list of 293. Basically that means there would be about 100 ems guys on June class, 100 priorities, and 120 OC.
    Based on the ratio, an additional 140 priorities will go into the third class and the remaining 50 will be left over for the fourth class. Therefore the life of the OC list will start this June.
    zachryw2001 and DannyD0pe like this.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    As someone from this forum texted me last night and pointed out to me: the priorityhires are going to be hired on a 2 out of 5 basis. Which means for every 5 hires, 2 have to be from that list of 293. Basically that means there would be about 100 ems guys on June class, 100 priorities, and 120 OC.
    Based on the ratio, an additional 140 priorities will go into the third class and the remaining 50 will be left over for the fourth class. Therefore the life of the OC list will start this June.
    it's been a while since i've read the doc but im pretty sure it's 3 out of 5: 2 black, 1 hispanic, 2 white.
    knicksh2o likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    The question will be when does the clock start for 2000. I honestly don't know either. If it doesn't start till they stand to hire from that list then the life of the list will be extended. If it starts as soon as 2500 is used then yeah that sucks. Does anyone know?
    Might be worth a call to DCAS to find out? Maybe the automated hotline can give you the date the list was established and when it will expire? I'm pretty sure it does that for NYPD exams.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    it's been a while since i've read the doc but im pretty sure it's 3 out of 5: 2 black, 1 hispanic, 2 white.
    It is 3:5, exactly how you noted it.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the promos will count towards the ratio once a list of priority hires has been established.
    knicksh2o likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    It is 3:5, exactly how you noted it.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the promos will count towards the ratio once a list of priority hires has been established.
    If the promos count and there is a large number of them, there is a good chance there won't be any OC guys in June
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I couldn't disagree with you more. That 293 would be a very big deal in the grand scheme of things because depending on unqualified individuals to pull you out of a burning building let alone show up to work on time is dangerous. On top of that 293 QUALIFIED people getting bumped off the list down the road for these people and not getting their dream jobs just because they might be white, Asian, or Indian is an incredible injustice. Finally letting 293 slide through like this sets a precedent for future cases, so its 293 this time and next time it could be a 1000.
    The bottom line for them is NUMBERS. Nothing else.

Forum Member

Which is exactly why Ladders 4 we must fight it , for safety and that of the citizens of New York.

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Don't the priority hires have a choice to either take the money or the job? I hope for their sake they take the damn money and not f u c k up this depts way of doing chit. Now from the letter stated by cassano, on top of the 870 emt/ems promo, they are anticipating that anyone with a 97 and above (8,548) are considered for hire for the life of the oc list.

Here's the link In case anyone forgot what the letter stated.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/insider...up_50_2012.pdf
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

^^^^ Post 6019 ^^^^

Yes, I'm bored at work.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Do you have the link to that document. Thank you

Forum Member

Might be worth a call to DCAS to find out? Maybe the automated hotline can give you the date the list was established and when it will expire? I'm pretty sure it does that for NYPD exams.
    Yes, that might be a good idea. I'm certainly not going to do it though, doesn't affect me at all. Just a curious party.

Forum Member

I am almost certain that they do not "establish" the list until they are ready to hire from it. Even the announcement from The Chief only said the list was "made public":

The Department of Citywide Administrative Services made public a 40,864-name list for Firefighter on Oct. 3, 2012. The list is based on Exam 2000, which was held from March 17 to April 20, 2012.
    Readers should note that this roster has not yet been officially established for use and that once established, the eligible list changes over its four-year life as candidates are added, removed, reinstated, or rescored.

I do not, sorry. I'm sure you could find something on google though.

Forum Member

http://www.justice.gov/crt/spec_topi...s/doc_1012.pdf
    (PAGE 13)

You can find many of Garaufis' important rulings here:
    http://www.justice.gov/crt/spec_topi...y/timeline.php

Forum Member

It should be noted that never has there been any mention of what the remaining 2 hires race would be, here you assume 2 whites.

I find it extremely highly unlikely, that the city would skip over hispanic or black candidates on 2000 to solely hire whites due to the court mandate. Just looking at the top 10 names on 2000, half of them are most likely Hispanic. Could you imagine the $hitstorm from that.

One would have to assume the city would use rank order on 2000, (and fill in with the priority hires as needed) not race order.

Thread Information