Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 243 of 1145 FirstFirst ... 143193233240241242243244245246253293343743 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,860 of 22881
Like Tree8992Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #4841
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    805

    Default

    Just using the stopwatch function on the iphone as I hold it. Have my music/podcasts in there too, so that helps a bit too. Smart phones are truly amazing...


  2. #4842
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    im pretty sure its 20/40

    NEW YORK CITY RESIDENCY CREDIT: Points equivalent to five percent of the maximum possible final exam score will be added to the final exam score of those candidates who qualify for the New York City Residency Credit. To be eligible for the residency credit, a candidate must achieve a passing score on the examination, and must produce proof, as listed below, of the candidate’s continuous residency in New York City from July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011. Candidates interested in seeking the residency credit must apply by following the instructions which will be provided on the date of the computer-based test. Merely supplying a New York City address on the application form for this examination does not serve as a request for the residency credit. Requests for residency credit must be received by DCAS before the eligible list is established.
    Eligibilityfortheresidencycred itwillbeinvestigatedandverifie dbytheFireDepartmentofNewYork. Inability to produce the required verification of residency documents for the continuous period of residency will result in the forfeiture of the New York City Residency Credit and an adjustment in the final score. Under no circumstances shall a Post Office (P.O. Box) address be accepted as proof of residency. As in the case of any intentional misrepresentation of a material fact on an employment application, candidates who claim New York City Residency Credit and who are determined to have intentionally misrepresented facts concerning New York City residency shall be terminated if they have already been appointed and/or disqualified and their names shall be removed from the eligible list, and they may be subject to criminal sanctions.
    Candidates applying for New York City Residency Credit must provide any three of the following:
    • Mortgage in the candidate’s name valid during the 12-month period between July 1, 2010 and June 30, 2011
    • Cable bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Telephone bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Gas, electric or water utility bills for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Checking or savings account statements for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011
    • Credit card statements for the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011 and
    • W-2 form(s) from the candidate’s employer for the 2010 and 2011 tax years.
    Candidates aged 21 or younger have the option of submitting three of the proofs listed above or, as an alternative, candidates who are 21 years of age or younger at the time of their application to take the exam may provide:
    (a) A diploma from a New York City Public High School; or
    (b) A transcript from a private high school in New York City showing a New York City address for the candidate; or
    (c) A GED certificate issued from a New York City institution during the 12-month period prior to July 1, 2011 to a
    candidate who presents evidence that his last school enrollment was in a New York City Public High School;
    -AND-
    one additional proof of residency, from the list above.
    The Fire Department of New York reserves the right to accept other documents in lieu of the above, under special circumstances which validate various living arrangements as determined by the Department and approved by the Department of Citywide Administrative Services.
    i just don't see how this could be fair to those under 21. I do not have any of the upper proofs because I was still in HS when I first applied. I never had a job before so I never needed a bank account. Since I didn't have a job I didn't have any money to even have cable or any of the other things. I just hope i can have my parents get something notarized stating that I have always lived in NYC.
    List # - 36XX
    Intake - N/A

  3. #4843
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polanco View Post
    i just don't see how this could be fair to those under 21. I do not have any of the upper proofs because I was still in HS when I first applied. I never had a job before so I never needed a bank account. Since I didn't have a job I didn't have any money to even have cable or any of the other things. I just hope i can have my parents get something notarized stating that I have always lived in NYC.
    yea it s**ks i would contact dcas if i were you the only thing i know is they are going to follow everything by the books so they dont get a lawsuit or anything again

  4. #4844
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    yea it s**ks i would contact dcas if i were you the only thing i know is they are going to follow everything by the books so they dont get a lawsuit or anything again
    i just realized that the residency credit part in the exam notice says that they have the right to accept other documents. Hopefully this is good in my part.
    List # - 36XX
    Intake - N/A

  5. #4845
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    You should call DCAS and see if a notarized letter stating you lived there at the time would count.
    Test 2000
    Score:98
    List# 5XXX

  6. #4846
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eng1irons View Post
    Were you charged with dwi and it was plead to dwai? That probably makes a difference.

    Very rarely (at least in the city) are people charged with dwai. Even if you're under the .08 limit, there's a more general dwi charge for driving while under the influence that we charge. It usually gets knocked down or plead out to dwai.

    Not sure about the 5 year rule, but i'd assume it's similar.
    I was charged of a DWI but plead guilty to the lesser charge DWAI. If NYPD can hire you after 5 years of not gettig another alcohol related incident then I assume FDNY may do the same or not require you to wait longer than 5 years. Does anyone know if a DWAI or DWI is an automatic DQ?

  7. #4847
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polanco View Post
    i just don't see how this could be fair to those under 21. I do not have any of the upper proofs because I was still in HS when I first applied. I never had a job before so I never needed a bank account. Since I didn't have a job I didn't have any money to even have cable or any of the other things. I just hope i can have my parents get something notarized stating that I have always lived in NYC.
    You just know yet how they are gonna do it. They will probably figure it out before they get to your number. No one here has the answer.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  8. #4848
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Just using the stopwatch function on the iphone as I hold it. Have my music/podcasts in there too, so that helps a bit too. Smart phones are truly amazing...
    I use the nike app that tells me how far I run and what speed, or lets you set a distance and then tell you when you are done. You can play music while it is on
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  9. #4849
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    You just know yet how they are gonna do it. They will probably figure it out before they get to your number. No one here has the answer.
    Calm down if u read the actual notice of exam they understand that you will not have any bills in your name and they will take it as a case to case when you get called As long as u have your hs diploma you will be fine

  10. #4850
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    I didn't ask that question, I was answering him.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  11. #4851
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    44

    Default

    i was trying to answer him also but it was attached to your reply

  12. #4852
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Been wondering how come the ratio for FDNY is lower than the nypd and the physical and academy for FDNY is much tougher .....

  13. #4853
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Ran sprints today just to see where I'm at. Did 20 minutes worth. 30 second full blast with a 45 second slow jog/walk break. GODDAMN did it kick my ***. I recommend some of you go out and try it. You'll be humbled. Don't let my name fool you. I just randomly picked it back during the old list...
    I know my ex used to run cross country and she was telling me back then that if u sprint the straight aways on a track then walk the turns and repeat that will greatly improve your short run times. I did it every few runs and it def does help. You just have to try and do about 20-25 sprints. its exhausting but feels great when you are done!
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

  14. #4854
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyvale View Post
    Been wondering how come the ratio for FDNY is lower than the nypd and the physical and academy for FDNY is much tougher .....
    The phyc and background checks on NYPD are WAY tougher. That's where mostly everyone gets DQed in PD. the drop rate in the academy for PD is VERY low.

  15. #4855
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    The phyc and background checks on NYPD are WAY tougher. That's where mostly everyone gets DQed in PD. the drop rate in the academy for PD is VERY low.
    Oh ok gotcha ... I'm hoping this test has a different turn out from previous tests

  16. #4856
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyvale View Post
    Oh ok gotcha ... I'm hoping this test has a different turn out from previous tests
    Not to get anyone's hopes up but I'm pretty sure that this test will have a BIG turn around from others. We need to keep this in mind, this test was 50% knowledge and 50% "luck" basically. Alot of people who scored really high probably got lucky on the personality section and they have no idea about how the process works, how good in shape you should be, what to get ready for etc.. Everyone in this forum have either past experience with FD from 6019 or are well informed about everything that the process and the academy consist of. Others are clueeeelessss right now and are probably not doing much to get themselves ready for what's coming. Just stay ready, when things get moving they will move VERY Fast.
    Last edited by Jukez; 10-25-2012 at 09:00 AM.
    fc6019 and Dannyvale like this.

  17. #4857
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Not to get anyone's hopes up but I'm pretty sure that this test will have a BIG turn around from others. We need to keep this in mind, this test was 50% knowledge and 50% "luck" basically. Alot of people who scored really high probably got lucky on the personality section and they have no idea about how the process works, how good in shape you should be, what to get ready for etc.. Everyone in this forum have either past experience with FD from 6019 or are well informed about everything that the process and the academy consist of. Others are clueeeelessss right now and are probably not doing much to get themselves ready for what's coming. Just stay ready, when things get moving they it will move VERY Fast.
    Aside from what you and others may think, most of us who did well on the exam, did not do well because we were lucky. We did well because we prepared. It horrible and makes me sick that some guys from 6019 got screwed but for the most part I see a ton of names I recognize from 6019.

  18. #4858
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    Aside from what you and others may think, most of us who did well on the exam, did not do well because we were lucky. We did well because we prepared. It horrible and makes me sick that some guys from 6019 got screwed but for the most part I see a ton of names I recognize from 6019.
    Never said you didn't prepare bro. I said "a lot of people". Trust me I prepared too, I studied and researched all this personality BS as much as anyone in this forum did. But you have to admit, there are going to be plenty of people who were trying to sound like the perfect civilian who will land on top of the list. Those who don't even really want to be firefighters as much as we do and who will most likely fail in one of the steps of the process.

  19. #4859
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Never said you didn't prepare bro. I said "a lot of people". Trust me I prepared too, I studied and researched all this personality BS as much as anyone in this forum did. But you have to admit, there are going to be plenty of people who were trying to sound like the perfect civilian who will land on top of the list. Those who don't even really want to be firefighters as much as we do and who will most likely fail in one of the steps of the process.
    No, I don't have to admit it.

    The reason the ratio for the FD is so much lower than the PD is not because of tougher backgrounds etc, its because most people would rather be a FF than a cop. I took the PD test years ago and did great but I never followed thru because 99% of the cops I know are miserable! FD is a much more desirable job which means many people who take the test do so because they genuinely want to become firefighters.

    Now you could argue, well a lot of people took the test because the vulcans held they're hand every step of the way, true but I think its safe to say those people most likely didn't prepare very well and most likely are not in hiring range.

    Now that I can admit it, one of the most irritating things I saw through this whole entire process leading up to the test, was guys I knew, who never wanted to become FF's all of a sudden decide "hey. you know what, the economy is crap, my job sucks I wanna be a fireman!" These are guys who all were eligible to take 6019 but didn't, they were all hyped up about the job, one even telling me "i just cant wait to get on already!" and you know where they are now. Nowhere near hiring range. All of them! They just didn't understand the competition they were up against and how important the exam truly is.

    That being said, with a s&itty economy, you may see a lot more guys take the job than in years past, solely due to the lack of other opportunities. I would think a lot less guys are going to defer now knowing how unsure this process can be especially while the courts still have a say.

  20. #4860
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    No, I don't have to admit it.

    The reason the ratio for the FD is so much lower than the PD is not because of tougher backgrounds etc, its because most people would rather be a FF than a cop. I took the PD test years ago and did great but I never followed thru because 99% of the cops I know are miserable! FD is a much more desirable job which means many people who take the test do so because they genuinely want to become firefighters.

    Now you could argue, well a lot of people took the test because the vulcans held they're hand every step of the way, true but I think its safe to say those people most likely didn't prepare very well and most likely are not in hiring range.

    Now that I can admit it, one of the most irritating things I saw through this whole entire process leading up to the test, was guys I knew, who never wanted to become FF's all of a sudden decide "hey. you know what, the economy is crap, my job sucks I wanna be a fireman!" These are guys who all were eligible to take 6019 but didn't, they were all hyped up about the job, one even telling me "i just cant wait to get on already!" and you know where they are now. Nowhere near hiring range. All of them! They just didn't understand the competition they were up against and how important the exam truly is.

    That being said, with a s&itty economy, you may see a lot more guys take the job than in years past, solely due to the lack of other opportunities. I would think a lot less guys are going to defer now knowing how unsure this process can be especially while the courts still have a say.
    the last time they hired the economy was still bad why would more people take it now also the numbers the city posted about only hiring are conservative if they only hire 2,400 all that does is cover the next 4 years of guys retiring and it still leaves the job short 600+ guys

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 32 users browsing this thread. (8 members and 24 guests)

  1. Blinkster,
  2. DannyD0pe,
  3. FFleak,
  4. King_Williams_II,
  5. Kngnothen,
  6. Matador611,
  7. RLTW1,
  8. Smoove

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:08 AM
  2. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  3. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  4. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 11:16 AM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts