Like Tree9529Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

For f*cks sake guys.....when i mentioned under armour....i didnt think i needed to point out you should wear shorts OVER the leggings. Nasty. Just nasty. Lol
    I3akdraf and mocon337 like this.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    For f*cks sake guys.....when i mentioned under armour....i didnt think i needed to point out you should wear shorts OVER the leggings. Nasty. Just nasty. Lol

Problem?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81GQqqv4Mzs

Congrats MM!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Fantastic video choice.
    mocon337 likes this.

Forum Member

JerkAlert: Only 1 person was carted off to medical part B, far as I could tell. Right before they handed out offer letters Ms Quinn came in and pulled 4 people out of the group. No idea what happened to them. It's going to be close for ya.

Forum Member

do they have pacers doing the run with you?

Forum Member

Congrats mm, you the man
    Fdny Exam 2000
    List # 3***

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by egregg1587 View Post
    do they have pacers doing the run with you?
    Yes. You are not in the dark about whether or not you are running fast enough. However luck would have it that you have months to years to prepare for this, so go measure out 1.5 miles and see how fast you can run it now. When I started training for this I could either do distances at a slow pace, or only less than a mile at the correct pace (8min/mile). There were way too many people who just barely made it, which is completely unacceptable given that the process was laid out in explicit detail back in August and September, if not earlier.

Don't be those guys.

Forum Member

thanks for the reply, I'm actually doing the run this saturday I usually do 1.5mi in about 10:40 so I'm pretty confident i was just concerned about my pacing. BTW congrats on completing your run if all goes well saturday I'll be seeing you on 1/14!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by egregg1587 View Post
    thanks for the reply, I'm actually doing the run this saturday I usually do 1.5mi in about 10:40 so I'm pretty confident i was just concerned about my pacing. BTW congrats on completing your run if all goes well saturday I'll be seeing you on 1/14!
    Oh my bad man. Yeah you should be good. Maybe do one more practice run where you just go at what seems like an okay pace and turn off any pacing cues, then see how long it takes you? If you've already done it in 10:40 I really wouldn't sweat it too much. Also be clean shaven.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post

it was disturbing.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Oh my bad man. Yeah you should be good. Maybe do one more practice run where you just go at what seems like an okay pace and turn off any pacing cues, then see how long it takes you? If you've already done it in 10:40 I really wouldn't sweat it too much. Also be clean shaven.
    Clean shaven at the run?
    01-13

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNBOY View Post
    Clean shaven at the run?
    Yes. Just trust me.

Forum Member

couple of Q's:

is it typical to have this much time between the 1.5 run and when you get sworn in?

what are you doing between the week you're sworn in and when the academy starts?

not trying to put the cart before the horse but I was wondering how I would handle giving my current job notice if I'm fortunate enough to have to do so.

Forum Member

Yes. Just trust me.
    Dam it I was trying to grow my beard as long as possible and shave it the night before just to see how thick it can get oh well scratch that idea, I don't want to be that guy!!
    01-13

Forum Member

Dam it I was trying to grow my beard as long as possible and shave it the night before just to see how thick it can get oh well scratch that idea, I don't want to be that guy!!
    Well... You don't truly have to, but I'm pretty sure you will have to shave for swearing in on Monday. If you want to see how much longer it can get and are okay with being yelled at then go for it dude !

Forum Member

Well... You don't truly have to, but I'm pretty sure you will have to shave for swearing in on Monday. If you want to see how much longer it can get and are okay with being yelled at then go for it dude !
    Hey MM, I know the 1.5 run is on Randall's island by the fields, but what are the exact starting and ending points? I run on Randall's all the time and would love the extra motivation of being on the exact path for 1.5 of it.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

lol I was trying to do the same since I have the next 2 weeks of A/L.

Forum Member

Nah I'll just go clean shaven maybe I'll be more aerodynamic, Congrats on passing!!!
    01-13

Forum Member

Do you have to wear a suit and tie on Monday

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    couple of Q's:
    is it typical to have this much time between the 1.5 run and when you get sworn in?
    what are you doing between the week you're sworn in and when the academy starts?
    not trying to put the cart before the horse but I was wondering how I would handle giving my current job notice if I'm fortunate enough to have to do so.
    1. Yes
    2. swearing in and getting gear are at least 2 of the days, don't know about the other 3.
    3. How much do you care about your employers? You'll know it's coming down the pipe when you've started the process. You could say hey I'm leaving soon after completing the CPAT/medical, but it's up to you and the relationship you have with them. You obviously won't get enough time to give them a proper 2 weeks, so best you could do is warn them ahead of time, unless they're the kind of place that would punish you for that. If that's the case then **** em, don't give them any extra notice.

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Hey MM, I know the 1.5 run is on Randall's island by the fields, but what are the exact starting and ending points? I run on Randall's all the time and would love the extra motivation of being on the exact path for 1.5 of it.
    I can't really say. It was on what Google maps says is "Sunken Meadow Loop" and was just some arbitrary mile and a half that they had marked out. It was like 1.5-1.75 times around the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by slimmy View Post
    Do you have to wear a suit and tie on Monday
    Wondering this myself. I might do that, or something slightly more casual. Definitely businessy.

Forum Member

1. Yes
    2. swearing in and getting gear are at least 2 of the days, don't know about the other 3.
    3. How much do you care about your employers? You'll know it's coming down the pipe when you've started the process. You could say hey I'm leaving soon after completing the CPAT/medical, but it's up to you and the relationship you have with them. You obviously won't get enough time to give them a proper 2 weeks, so best you could do is warn them ahead of time, unless they're the kind of place that would punish you for that. If that's the case then **** em, don't give them any extra notice.
    I would like to leave on good terms since this place could make for a nice second job one day. I was wondering if the time between the 1.5 & day 1 were filled with job related obligations or I could serve out my notice then. Sounds like that's not possible though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    I would like to leave on good terms since this place could make for a nice second job one day. I was wondering if the time between the 1.5 & day 1 were filled with job related obligations or I could serve out my notice then. Sounds like that's not possible though.
    A lot of time has passed since the previous classes went thru but most of those classes had three weeks to a full month from the run to the start of probie school. Obviously this process has been expedited for promos as the candidates don't need much notice because they already work for the department and the department doesn't need much time to fill the class in case if any failures for the same reason.
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

Anyone have faith in a march 2014 promotional exam?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 6019Victim View Post
    I've accepted the fact that isn't going to happen. Many on this thread with some working EMS have said the word from HQ is that from here on in, the promo will be only offered when the OC is. You still have people from this promo, some who busted their *** for sometime who didn't get into this first class. Then you have the top scorers from the OC. The demand for the job is too high.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 6019Victim View Post
    No. The official Facebook account has repeatedly said the 2 tests are only going to occur at the same time. Reminder: EMS does not exist simply to fill the ranks of Fire.

Thread Information