Like Tree9529Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #6076
    Forum Member
    nyckftbl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    On a Hill, overlooking George's Kingdom
    Posts
    2,578

    Default

    For f*cks sake guys.....when i mentioned under armour....i didnt think i needed to point out you should wear shorts OVER the leggings. Nasty. Just nasty. Lol
    I3akdraf and mocon337 like this.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

  2. #6077
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    For f*cks sake guys.....when i mentioned under armour....i didnt think i needed to point out you should wear shorts OVER the leggings. Nasty. Just nasty. Lol

    Problem?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81GQqqv4Mzs





    Congrats MM!!

  3. #6078
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Fantastic video choice.
    mocon337 likes this.

  4. #6079
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    JerkAlert: Only 1 person was carted off to medical part B, far as I could tell. Right before they handed out offer letters Ms Quinn came in and pulled 4 people out of the group. No idea what happened to them. It's going to be close for ya.

  5. #6080
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default

    do they have pacers doing the run with you?

  6. #6081
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Congrats mm, you the man
    Fdny Exam 2000
    List # 3***

  7. #6082
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by egregg1587 View Post
    do they have pacers doing the run with you?
    Yes. You are not in the dark about whether or not you are running fast enough. However luck would have it that you have months to years to prepare for this, so go measure out 1.5 miles and see how fast you can run it now. When I started training for this I could either do distances at a slow pace, or only less than a mile at the correct pace (8min/mile). There were way too many people who just barely made it, which is completely unacceptable given that the process was laid out in explicit detail back in August and September, if not earlier.

    Don't be those guys.

  8. #6083
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default

    thanks for the reply, I'm actually doing the run this saturday I usually do 1.5mi in about 10:40 so I'm pretty confident i was just concerned about my pacing. BTW congrats on completing your run if all goes well saturday I'll be seeing you on 1/14!

  9. #6084
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by egregg1587 View Post
    thanks for the reply, I'm actually doing the run this saturday I usually do 1.5mi in about 10:40 so I'm pretty confident i was just concerned about my pacing. BTW congrats on completing your run if all goes well saturday I'll be seeing you on 1/14!
    Oh my bad man. Yeah you should be good. Maybe do one more practice run where you just go at what seems like an okay pace and turn off any pacing cues, then see how long it takes you? If you've already done it in 10:40 I really wouldn't sweat it too much. Also be clean shaven.

  10. #6085
    Forum Member
    nyckftbl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    On a Hill, overlooking George's Kingdom
    Posts
    2,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post

    it was disturbing.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

  11. #6086
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Oh my bad man. Yeah you should be good. Maybe do one more practice run where you just go at what seems like an okay pace and turn off any pacing cues, then see how long it takes you? If you've already done it in 10:40 I really wouldn't sweat it too much. Also be clean shaven.
    Clean shaven at the run?
    01-13

  12. #6087
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNBOY View Post
    Clean shaven at the run?
    Yes. Just trust me.

  13. #6088
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    couple of Q's:

    is it typical to have this much time between the 1.5 run and when you get sworn in?

    what are you doing between the week you're sworn in and when the academy starts?


    not trying to put the cart before the horse but I was wondering how I would handle giving my current job notice if I'm fortunate enough to have to do so.

  14. #6089
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Yes. Just trust me.
    Dam it I was trying to grow my beard as long as possible and shave it the night before just to see how thick it can get oh well scratch that idea, I don't want to be that guy!!
    01-13

  15. #6090
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNBOY View Post
    Dam it I was trying to grow my beard as long as possible and shave it the night before just to see how thick it can get oh well scratch that idea, I don't want to be that guy!!
    Well... You don't truly have to, but I'm pretty sure you will have to shave for swearing in on Monday. If you want to see how much longer it can get and are okay with being yelled at then go for it dude !

  16. #6091
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Well... You don't truly have to, but I'm pretty sure you will have to shave for swearing in on Monday. If you want to see how much longer it can get and are okay with being yelled at then go for it dude !
    Hey MM, I know the 1.5 run is on Randall's island by the fields, but what are the exact starting and ending points? I run on Randall's all the time and would love the extra motivation of being on the exact path for 1.5 of it.
    List # 12XX

  17. #6092
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNBOY View Post
    Dam it I was trying to grow my beard as long as possible and shave it the night before just to see how thick it can get oh well scratch that idea, I don't want to be that guy!!
    lol I was trying to do the same since I have the next 2 weeks of A/L.

  18. #6093
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Well... You don't truly have to, but I'm pretty sure you will have to shave for swearing in on Monday. If you want to see how much longer it can get and are okay with being yelled at then go for it dude !
    Nah I'll just go clean shaven maybe I'll be more aerodynamic, Congrats on passing!!!
    01-13

  19. #6094
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Do you have to wear a suit and tie on Monday

  20. #6095
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    couple of Q's:
    is it typical to have this much time between the 1.5 run and when you get sworn in?
    what are you doing between the week you're sworn in and when the academy starts?
    not trying to put the cart before the horse but I was wondering how I would handle giving my current job notice if I'm fortunate enough to have to do so.
    1. Yes
    2. swearing in and getting gear are at least 2 of the days, don't know about the other 3.
    3. How much do you care about your employers? You'll know it's coming down the pipe when you've started the process. You could say hey I'm leaving soon after completing the CPAT/medical, but it's up to you and the relationship you have with them. You obviously won't get enough time to give them a proper 2 weeks, so best you could do is warn them ahead of time, unless they're the kind of place that would punish you for that. If that's the case then **** em, don't give them any extra notice.

    Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Hey MM, I know the 1.5 run is on Randall's island by the fields, but what are the exact starting and ending points? I run on Randall's all the time and would love the extra motivation of being on the exact path for 1.5 of it.
    I can't really say. It was on what Google maps says is "Sunken Meadow Loop" and was just some arbitrary mile and a half that they had marked out. It was like 1.5-1.75 times around the loop.

    Quote Originally Posted by slimmy View Post
    Do you have to wear a suit and tie on Monday
    Wondering this myself. I might do that, or something slightly more casual. Definitely businessy.

  21. #6096
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    1. Yes
    2. swearing in and getting gear are at least 2 of the days, don't know about the other 3.
    3. How much do you care about your employers? You'll know it's coming down the pipe when you've started the process. You could say hey I'm leaving soon after completing the CPAT/medical, but it's up to you and the relationship you have with them. You obviously won't get enough time to give them a proper 2 weeks, so best you could do is warn them ahead of time, unless they're the kind of place that would punish you for that. If that's the case then **** em, don't give them any extra notice.
    I would like to leave on good terms since this place could make for a nice second job one day. I was wondering if the time between the 1.5 & day 1 were filled with job related obligations or I could serve out my notice then. Sounds like that's not possible though.

  22. #6097
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    I would like to leave on good terms since this place could make for a nice second job one day. I was wondering if the time between the 1.5 & day 1 were filled with job related obligations or I could serve out my notice then. Sounds like that's not possible though.
    A lot of time has passed since the previous classes went thru but most of those classes had three weeks to a full month from the run to the start of probie school. Obviously this process has been expedited for promos as the candidates don't need much notice because they already work for the department and the department doesn't need much time to fill the class in case if any failures for the same reason.
    HopefulFF likes this.

  23. #6098
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Anyone have faith in a march 2014 promotional exam?

  24. #6099
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 6019Victim View Post
    Anyone have faith in a march 2014 promotional exam?
    I've accepted the fact that isn't going to happen. Many on this thread with some working EMS have said the word from HQ is that from here on in, the promo will be only offered when the OC is. You still have people from this promo, some who busted their *** for sometime who didn't get into this first class. Then you have the top scorers from the OC. The demand for the job is too high.

  25. #6100
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 6019Victim View Post
    Anyone have faith in a march 2014 promotional exam?
    No. The official Facebook account has repeatedly said the 2 tests are only going to occur at the same time. Reminder: EMS does not exist simply to fill the ranks of Fire.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 44 users browsing this thread. (6 members and 38 guests)

  1. bklynmike91,
  2. DSNY2FDNY,
  3. k20dc2,
  4. nptks,
  5. prospect,
  6. SirEd

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 12:13 PM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register