Like Tree9885Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    To be fair, some of us have reached 30 since the fiasco that was 6019. I signed up for that test at 24, and here we still are. Don't sleep on us "old guys"!

*cracks open botte of ensure*
    Yea but there's a difference between you "old guys" who are on here obviously willing to do anything to get the job, and the folks who are getting a second chance and wanna "try it out." I'm sure there are many of you who could run circles around me haha
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    To be fair, some of us have reached 30 since the fiasco that was 6019. I signed up for that test at 24, and here we still are. Don't sleep on us "old guys"!

*cracks open botte of ensure*
    Yea but there's a difference between you "old guys" who are on here obviously willing to do anything to get the job, and the folks who are getting a second chance and wanna "try it out." I'm sure there are many of you who could run circles around me haha
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx

Forum Member

Quick question just to get a consensus from guys OTJ. Paperwork/processing/swearing in day is tomorrow. Suit, money order, notebook, pen, and relevant documents/information is obvious. My question is just about everybody I know seems unsure as to whether or not we need our duffel bags with probie manuals, combination locks, duct tape, etc. for tomorrow. What's the deal?

I ask because while I don't mind bringing it, I can see bringing all that extra stuff when you weren't told to being just as bad as not having it when you are supposed to.

Forum Member

I'm also curious, are these people taking the test again in addition to the 293 from the earlier ruling?
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Quick question just to get a consensus from guys OTJ. Paperwork/processing/swearing in day is tomorrow. Suit, money order, notebook, pen, and relevant documents/information is obvious. My question is just about everybody I know seems unsure as to whether or not we need our duffel bags with probie manuals, combination locks, duct tape, etc. for tomorrow. What's the deal?

I ask because while I don't mind bringing it, I can see bringing all that extra stuff when you weren't told to being just as bad as not having it when you are supposed to.
    I'm very surprised that they didn't tell you what you needed to show up with. Go through any paper work again, call someone you know from that class and see if you're missing something. If you aren't and you still aren't sure, bring everything. That's going to be a motto for your career. It's better to get yelled at for doing SOMETHING wrong than for doing NOTHING. If you have too much stuff, things you don't need, it's a whole lot better than needing something and not having it. Bring everything, see what other people are doing that morning, what they're carrying. You'll figure it out, just be prepared for any scenario. Did you have to shave your heads yet??!!??

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    I'm also curious, are these people taking the test again in addition to the 293 from the earlier ruling?
    No, 293, period.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    I'm very surprised that they didn't tell you what you needed to show up with. Go through any paper work again, call someone you know from that class and see if you're missing something. If you aren't and you still aren't sure, bring everything. That's going to be a motto for your career. It's better to get yelled at for doing SOMETHING wrong than for doing NOTHING. If you have too much stuff, things you don't need, it's a whole lot better than needing something and not having it. Bring everything, see what other people are doing that morning, what they're carrying. You'll figure it out, just be prepared for any scenario. Did you have to shave your heads yet??!!??

No, 293, period.
    My memory sucks, hence me being an idiot and asking here. Looks like I'll be bringing everything I've got. Head got shaved today... it's quite a different look for me.

Forum Member

My memory sucks, hence me being an idiot and asking here. Looks like I'll be bringing everything I've got. Head got shaved today... it's quite a different look for me.
    I'll be bringing everything and then I'll just see if people are walking in with a bag or not, the DI's weren't very clear about as to what day to bring the bags.
    01-13

Forum Member

Just curious about the priority hires. One guy scores and 88, and how exactly does that qualify as a priority. If you scored an 88 on 2000, or most of the previous exams, there is no way they would have reached your list number.
    Test 2000
    Score:98
    List# 5XXX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jocon31 View Post
    Just curious about the priority hires. One guy scores and 88, and how exactly does that qualify as a priority. If you scored an 88 on 2000, or most of the previous exams, there is no way they would have reached your list number.
    The priority hires are a separate list than the OC list. They will take the same FDNY exam #2000 and only need a 70 to pass. A list of about 700ish priority hires who pass exam 2000, CPAT, Medical, Background etc. will be established of which up to 293 of those 700ish can be hired. It's expected that they will be processed for the summer 2013 class of which for every 5 candidates that FDNY hires 2 must be black and 1 hispanic from the priority hire list.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    The priority hires are a separate list than the OC list. They will take the same FDNY exam #2000 and only need a 70 to pass. A list of about 700ish priority hires who pass exam 2000, CPAT, Medical, Background etc. will be established of which up to 293 of those 700ish can be hired. It's expected that they will be processed for the summer 2013 class of which for every 5 candidates that FDNY hires 2 must be black and 1 hispanic from the priority hire list.
    I wonder if its 293 hired or 293 invited to the academy?
    I know they project only 10 percent of us to fail the academy, but something tells me the percentage of dropouts will be higher for the priority hires
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

OAK
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the article stated that roughly 300 will get the chance to take the exam this Friday. I'm assuming whatever amount of those "300" that pass the written/med/background/physical, will make it to the following class this summer.
    As angry I am about this ruling, I am glad the process is moving along.

Good luck to all the promo's today.

Forum Member

How was day 1 guys?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FutureFirefighter2000 View Post
    How was day 1 guys?
    don't know how true it is but the rant is saying 2-3 guys quit. If true this absolutely boggles my mind.

http://www.mememaker.net/static/imag...ates/11767.jpg
    mocon337 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    don't know how true it is but the rant is saying 2-3 guys quit. If true this absolutely boggles my mind.

http://www.mememaker.net/static/imag...ates/11767.jpg
    It was paperwork day, day 1 is the 14th. That rant thread is fairly accurate. The day went about as I expected it to.

Forum Member

It was paperwork day, day 1 is the 14th. That rant thread is fairly accurate. The day went about as I expected it to.
    Fairly accurate as in, people raising their left hands and saying "I ...state your name... do swear" ????

Please tell me that was a joke?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    Fairly accurate as in, people raising their left hands and saying "I ...state your name... do swear" ????

Please tell me that was a joke?
    Oh come on I'm not even going to dignify that with a response. The rest is pretty spot on though.

Forum Member

Oh come on I'm not even going to dignify that with a response. The rest is pretty spot on though.
    Well if the rest is spot on, why would believing that gem be a stretch?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    Well if the rest is spot on, why would believing that gem be a stretch?
    Actually you're right, reading it over again the stuff that did actually happen is pretty absurd, but no, we were not actually sworn in so...

Forum Member

So, in hindsight, there are a couple of pointers it seems I should have passed on...

Don't lock your knees when you stand at attention. Leave your cell phone in the car. Don't walk on the sidewalk ever.

Forum Member

Actually you're right, reading it over again the stuff that did actually happen is pretty absurd, but no, we were not actually sworn in so...
    I assume the guy who showed up in jeans had a rough day.

Forum Member

So, in hindsight, there are a couple of pointers it seems I should have passed on...

Don't lock your knees when you stand at attention. Leave your cell phone in the car. Don't walk on the sidewalk ever.
    I was wondering why they needed ambulances.

Forum Member

Hahaha. Yeah, really would have thought people in EMS would know the thing about your knees, since they should know the physiological principal behind that. The sidewalk rule can't be repeated enough, and I also really dread the day that someone breaks the cellphone rule.

Also I know of at least one person who just didn't show up (decided late in the game to defer). I'm sure he wasn't the only one. Hopefully they backfill those spots this week so that we can start at 320 on the 14th.

Forum Member

Hahaha. Yeah, really would have thought people in EMS would know the thing about your knees, since they should know the physiological principal behind that. The sidewalk rule can't be repeated enough, and I also really dread the day that someone breaks the cellphone rule.

Also I know of at least one person who just didn't show up (decided late in the game to defer). I'm sure he wasn't the only one. Hopefully they backfill those spots this week so that we can start at 320 on the 14th.
    This guy next to me kept pulling out his phone to check his text he's lucky he didn't get caught I could only imagine the new one he's gonna get ripped!!
    01-13

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNBOY View Post
    This guy next to me kept pulling out his phone to check his text he's lucky he didn't get caught I could only imagine the new one he's gonna get ripped!!
    Unreal. Unf*cking real.

Forum Member

You should have said something to him. Guess what, I hate to tell ya, but if he gets caught YOU get ripped. You're a team now. One guy ****s up, you all pay, just like in a fire.

Thread Information