Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 248 of 1019 FirstFirst ... 148198238245246247248249250251258298348748 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,960 of 20370
Like Tree7734Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Thanks I3akdraf for answering my question.
    Score: 102
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY2000 View Post
    If anyone wants to buy a vest, I found a very nice 80 pound vest on amazon.com for $200 including shipping. The brand is ZFO Sports.

I used that one and its very good. I got it for 160 shipped on ebay.
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th

Forum Member

if you guys are buying your weighted vests from amazon, check out how much the shipping costs. It's $79 for one year of Amazon Prime (free 2 day shipping, plus other perks). If the difference in prices is minimal, and you use Amazon often it may be worth it to pick up Amazon Prime before making the purchase.

Forum Member

Wait....we get t shirts and tattoos? Sweet deal....
    FDNYPD likes this.

Forum Member

I bought mine on eBay. Free shipping and it was the 60 pound one but I could of sworn that I paid for the 70 pound...
    List # 36XX

Forum Member

Question for the CrossFit guys on here. I'm in pretty decent shape but have never done Crossfit, I've heard great things, but also hear about some pretty intense injuries. Would it be a mistake to start CrossFit now, or is the risk of injury really overblown (or least not much worse then other workouts.) Also, SouthBrooklyn CrossFit is the location near me are any of you familiar with that one? It seems to get some solid reviews.

Thanks.
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List # 15**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpyrcz View Post
    question for the crossfit guys on here. I'm in pretty decent shape but have never done crossfit, i've heard great things, but also hear about some pretty intense injuries. Would it be a mistake to start crossfit now, or is the risk of injury really overblown (or least not much worse then other workouts.) also, southbrooklyn crossfit is the location near me are any of you familiar with that one? It seems to get some solid reviews.

Thanks.
    do it. Today.

Forum Member

Ah, I realized I asked a question that has been beat to death here but I can't figure out how to just delete the post. Many Apologizes for being that guy. For Future reference I'll try to avoid looking stupid since my Username is actually my name. haha.

Thanks all,

Ray
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List # 15**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    do it. Today.
    Thanks man. I think I'll stop by afterwork.

-Ray
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List # 15**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    do it. Today.
    Thanks man. I think I'll stop by afterwork.

-Ray
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List # 15**

Forum Member

Off topic, so I work in DC for a DOD building and this weekend is the marine corps marathon. Now our supervisors passed that squad 252 (Brooklyn) engine is here the one from 911 to look at and stuff like that. This makes me sick that stuff from the trade center is being pass around like Disney land. Total BS I respect all of who gave their lives helping. I know if I was Capt Metcalf I would freak out

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rpyrcz View Post
    Question for the CrossFit guys on here. I'm in pretty decent shape but have never done Crossfit, I've heard great things, but also hear about some pretty intense injuries. Would it be a mistake to start CrossFit now, or is the risk of injury really overblown (or least not much worse then other workouts.) Also, SouthBrooklyn CrossFit is the location near me are any of you familiar with that one? It seems to get some solid reviews.

Thanks.

Crossfit South Bklyn is a great place to train.

Get ready to work... with great results...
    MDEL210201 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Grade: 97
    List#: 86##
    There is hope!

Forum Member

I just ordered my wieghed vest. Im going to start running up and down my apartment building as soon as as its gets in. Im so ready to do this. Im getting older and this is my last shot.
    MDEL210201 and vekdoggs75 like this.

Forum Member

Hey guys. Wanted to share some info on running. I've Bern feeling some knee pains recently so I want to try out this store called roadrunner in Paramus joisey... Anyways they are very helpful and would run a bunch of tests on you and recommend a shoe. I told them I used Nike frees and they pretty much yelled at me for using them. Very knowledgeable staff.total cost for sneaks, insoles and socks were 200 so its not too bad. If anyone feeling discomfort after runs check out this store.
    Test: 2000
    List: 8XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    Hey guys. Wanted to share some info on running. I've Bern feeling some knee pains recently so I want to try out this store called roadrunner in Paramus joisey... Anyways they are very helpful and would run a bunch of tests on you and recommend a shoe. I told them I used Nike frees and they pretty much yelled at me for using them. Very knowledgeable staff.total cost for sneaks, insoles and socks were 200 so its not too bad. If anyone feeling discomfort after runs check out this store.
    If you are in NYC, go to Jack Rabbit. They have at least 3 stores. I've run 5 marathons with their suggestions, they've never done me wrong. Every staff members is a serious triathlete and they'll put you on a treadmill and videotape you and discuss your mechanics with you as they recommend a pair of shoes. And 200 is actually a bit steep for all of that. In my limited experience, at least 4 out of 5 runners should steer clear of corrective insoles or highly corrective (stabilization) running shoes.
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rpyrcz View Post

Thanks.
    I have been there. The main guy forgot his name, knows his stuff really well when it comes to form. He wont let you get hurt. I am sure he is not one of the crossfit coaches that allows bad form lifts for time.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    Just because you saw what you got right or wrong doesn't mean that "it is" right or wrong, and none of us know how they scored each individual question. Sadly this test will be kept in the dark and the only ones who want to fight this either gave up with a good list score or don't care with a bad one.
    I agree, That was point, the post you quoted of mine was me responding to a poster who didn't get my point.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Who would I speak to if I wanted to ask some Questions about what would happen If I was to sign up to serve NOW in one of the branches of military? Dcas or the veteran liaison? If its the liaison any one have the contact info?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Who would I speak to if I wanted to ask some Questions about what would happen If I was to sign up to serve NOW in one of the branches of military? Dcas or the veteran liaison? If its the liaison any one have the contact info?
    First and foremost, if you are attempting to join to score some extra points, keep this in mind. The economy is in the toilet which equates to a lot of people joining the military to ensure pay and benefits. This equates to a VERY long wait to ship to boot camp. I know that the Marine Corps is dealing with a waiting time in excess of 12 months. So the option of serving "NOW" doesn't exist.

But, if you want a definitive answer, you can call the DCAS military liaison @ 212.669.7280. Her name is Mrs. Ammons.
    Score: 99
    List: 36XX

It's all heart.

Forum Member

Default Weight Vests

To those who may be current students:

If you enter a .edu e-mail address in the contact info for amazon.com, the shipping is free. I saved myself $50 in shipping on my weight vest.
    Score: 99
    List: 36XX

It's all heart.

Thread Information