Like Tree9531Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    You should have said something to him. Guess what, I hate to tell ya, but if he gets caught YOU get ripped. You're a team now. One guy ****s up, you all pay, just like in a fire.
    I took a chance of getting yelled at for talking and I told him we weren't suppose to have our phones on us and he just gave me a look like I was speaking alien or something.
    01-13

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNBOY View Post
    I took a chance of getting yelled at for talking and I told him we weren't suppose to have our phones on us and he just gave me a look like I was speaking alien or something.

sounds like he may cause everyone a lot of problems as you go on. Better get him to straighten up or your all gonna have a tough time. tell him to put that **** away or your all gonna get hammered and make sure a lot of other probies hear you do it. He shouldn"t want to be alienated!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nick0525 View Post
    omg.. I do not normally post to message boards because I normally just lurk and check in every so often. But this really gets me boiling... from the Daily News article;
    "Latisha Davis: Not looking for special favors
    I took the test in 1999. I was on public assistance and through the WEP program got placed in the FDNYs recruiting department. The women firefighters really encouraged me to go for it, especially Brenda Berkman. She told me what a great job it is. I was helping the department recruit women to the job, so I thought, Why not me? I missed the cutoff by five points. I was so disappointed."

Does this woman realize that 5 points can either make or break you when it comes to open competitive exams??? It separates THOUSANDS of people. I took 6019 and got a 89, then took 2000 and got a 97. I did not get any additional points but I am not complaining. Do I wish I would have gotten perhaps a 98 or 99??? Hell yea but it is what it is. This was the first person on the article and after reading just that part I was fuming. Why the hell does race or color of skin matter??? I am Asian and I'm not looking for any handout. Im pretty sure the Asian numbers in the FDNY are by far less than Black and Hispanics. But there is no society that I know of that will point the finger because of race. It should NEVER be about RACE/SKIN COLOR...
    After reading about the other people in the Daily News article, I felt disgusted and sick. I have come to the conclusion that people cannot take blame on themselves. If you did not pass an exam or score high enough to become a FF, how is that the city's fault? Its the city's fault bc the exam was not written well enough for a person with a perhaps HS or GED reading level to understand?? Oh yea I forgot that the min requirements are at least 15 credits in COLLEGE. I have come to the conclusion that society is a bunch of "say-ers, not do-ers"

Sorry for the negativity if any guys. But as I wait for the opportunity for my list # to be called, do not pause your life. Im gonna continue on as if I never took the exam but its perfectly ok to "Hold on to that DREAM" whatever it may be.
    This information in placed in the paper for shock value to hype people up who don't understand the rank order or the merit system in general. The general liberal public thinks its a test you only need to pass and then the white man decides if they want to hire you or not.
    I really hope these people are allowed to be held to the same standards in the academy as others and I hope the instructors have the balls that the LA instructor did, when he failed the woman even thou he was ordered not to and then won in court.

If this exam 2000 is not "racist" then why do they only have to pass it? you know how many lawsuits are gonna stem from this, they are gonna sue every time they can't keep up. Who is gonna wanna teach these arrogant POS's anything.
    I don't even believe she only missed it by 5 points, more like 15 points from passing.
    DJ_Reverse likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Was any discounted or free NYSC membership offered to the candidates of the January 2013 class during your hiring process?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    This information in placed in the paper for shock value to hype people up who don't understand the rank order or the merit system in general. The general liberal public thinks its a test you only need to pass and then the white man decides if they want to hire you or not.
    I really hope these people are allowed to be held to the same standards in the academy as others and I hope the instructors have the balls that the LA instructor did, when he failed the woman even thou he was ordered not to and then won in court.

If this exam 2000 is not "racist" then why do they only have to pass it? you know how many lawsuits are gonna stem from this, they are gonna sue every time they can't keep up. Who is gonna wanna teach these arrogant POS's anything.
    I don't even believe she only missed it by 5 points, more like 15 points from passing.
    Frank Lima? Actually now is the president of his local UFLAC.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    That rant thread is fairly accurate. The day went about as I expected it to.
    Do yourself a favor for the rest of your career and don't read the rant.
    SkylinePCG likes this.

Forum Member

Could someone do a bit of clarifying for me? The 3 out of 5 rule is only in effect until the magic number of 293 is reached, correct? After that, I assume that hiring will be done strictly through rank order?

I say assume under the thinly veiled context in that it is synonymous with "potential to be $crewed."
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 99
    List: 36XX

It's all heart.

Forum Member

Obviously there is this Jan class of 2500 going through now. The next batch of 2500/2000 will go through in Summer 2013.

So you can plan on an all 2000 list class going through January 2014.

A source at metrotech reports that an average of 1 of 5 make it from our list to graduation.

You can get a better idea of how this is going down if you do the math.

Another thing he said was that they are in a promotional hold in the department so if you are a captain trying to be chief or a FF trying to become a LT. they aren't putting you through. This is because they are so depleted that they can't afford to lose any more firemen to promotion. There is no one to take their spot.

Test 102
    List 10XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RNmurr View Post
    Another thing he said was that they are in a promotional hold in the department so if you are a captain trying to be chief or a FF trying to become a LT. they aren't putting you through. This is because they are so depleted that they can't afford to lose any more firemen to promotion. There is no one to take their spot.

Test 102
    List 10XX

Ya better work on that source. They've been promoting, in fact they just promoted last week. They plan on making many more promotions throughout the year. As for the 2500 list, they'll be promoting from that list until its exhausted. Given that some don't have the 2 years in EMS they need, there is no telling how long they'll be using that list.

Forum Member

Obviously there is this Jan class of 2500 going through now. The next batch of 2500/2000 will go through in Summer 2013.

A source at metrotech reports that an average of 1 of 5 make it from our list to graduation.

Test 102
    List 10XX

So does this put my hopes (at 21xx) of making it into the Jan 2014 class basically in the trash? haha (Barring I make it through processing. So let's say start processing rather than get in the class.)
    Last edited by mocon337; 01-09-2013 at 08:37 PM.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Test 102
    List 10XX

Honestly, it's best that we don't speculate anymore. Like the Asian guy said on a previous post, it's Best to forget we took the test and go on with life. If they call us then they call us. For all anyone know the first 2400 can all go through the process and not go beyond that number. Not that I believe this but this is going to be an unpredictable process and non of us or even people at HQ know how everything is gonna go down exactly. But let's us watch where this chit shows goes.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

Do yourself a favor for the rest of your career and don't read the rant.
    Are you nuckin futs? The rumors from that place (i can neither confirm or deny the starting point of some of those rumors) is pure comedic gold.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

Heard the EMS promotions are getting fitted for their gear this week, and also heard that this is the Heaviest class ever lol.

Forum Member

You mean heavy as in Fat?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Anyone have an idea what number they have screened up to so far from the 2500 exam?
    Exam 2000
    List #1**

Forum Member

Is the FDNY giving a free 3 month membership to candidates going through the process once their list # is reached? Thats how it was done for the previous exam 6019

OAK
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BDZ View Post
    Anyone have an idea what number they have screened up to so far from the 2500 exam?
    I spoke to an EMT promo Tuesday night and he told me that he's in the very low 71X's (dont want to give away his #/name) and he is deffered to the July class.
    BDZ likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    You mean heavy as in Fat?
    Fat is such an offensive word... Lets just say six packs are not very famous in this class.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BDZ View Post
    710...I think I'm literally the first name on the list for June class. See ya OC guys this summer!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    710...I think I'm literally the first name on the list for June class. See ya OC guys this summer!

so that leaves 160 names on the promo list. So what's a good guess at how many promo's will make up the June class? 50-60? 2:1 ratio knocks 160 down to 80, then how many don't have two years. You're looking at about 270ish spots open to either OC guys or the 293 from the courts list.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    so that leaves 160 names on the promo list. So what's a good guess at how many promo's will make up the June class? 50-60? 2:1 ratio knocks 160 down to 80, then how many don't have two years. You're looking at about 270ish spots open to either OC guys or the 293 from the courts list.
    From January to June only 1 EMT class from 2 years ago will make the 2 year mark. So figure maybe 40 guys from that plus *********s like me with 5 years but just scored lower on the test so maybe like 100 EMS guys in June. I don't know after this whole ordeal I went through the past couple weeks I don't listen to anyone anymore. As of a month ago everyone though EMS guys were faling like crazy and "they were gonna run through the entire list" so there I was waiting for an email watching my c0ck get smaller refreshing my email every 2 mins......it was a mess I didnt sleep.....lets move on. Psyched for you OC guys to get packets and get this thing moving!
    HopefulFF and vekdoggs75 like this.

Forum Member

Hey guys I don't know if this has been talked about but is there any required reading for the classes? If so can someone do me a big favor and pm my the list I would really like to start reading everything. Thanks guys.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Except there's guys in 1-710 who didn't have 2 years on, so you can't assume that they've actually gone through 710 candidates. That's why trying to gauge things based on the promo list is somewhat useless.
    FDsouthbxNY and vekdoggs75 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FutureFirefighter2000 View Post
    Hey guys I don't know if this has been talked about but is there any required reading for the classes? If so can someone do me a big favor and pm my the list I would really like to start reading everything. Thanks guys.
    Nope. You'll get all you need in your first few days.

Forum Member

Nope. You'll get all you need in your first few days.
    O no I'm in the open competitive list not the promo I was just wondering so I can get a jump start on everything. I'm guessing I have about a year and a half till I get called so I was just hoping I can do some light reading of the material till then.

Thread Information