Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 250 of 1145 FirstFirst ... 150200240247248249250251252253260300350750 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,000 of 22884
Like Tree8996Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Guys I need your input,

I am list #3XX, and I already have a bachelors but I was planning on doing a 15 month accelerated BS program this coming January or June depending on what school I got accepted into. However, with such a high list #, If all goes right I might be looking at a June academy. My questions are: 1) How long and how many times can I defer? 2) How long would I have to wait in order to have a second job if I am a FF?

Thank you so much

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY86 View Post
    Guys I need your input,

I am list #3XX, and I already have a bachelors but I was planning on doing a 15 month accelerated BS program this coming January or June depending on what school I got accepted into. However, with such a high list #, If all goes right I might be looking at a June academy. My questions are: 1) How long and how many times can I defer? 2) How long would I have to wait in order to have a second job if I am a FF?

Thank you so much
    If youre thinking about deferring, understand youre really rolling the dice; guys deferred out of the first class off the last list thinking they could go about their business for 6 months and jump in to the next one. How well did that work out?

Take care of whatever you think is going to work out best for you over the long term.
    To Persist is to Conquer.

Forum Member

Guys I need your input,

Thank you so much
    i would go in the first class if it was offered to me because you never know whats going to happen with this judge

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    I was thinking about doing the same thing, I just don't wanna get the call from the FD while i'm serving active duty
    what if you don't get back for 4 years, do they hold a special class for you even if the list is dead?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

sports related....
    FDNY 2000
    Score 100.00
    List 30XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    what if you don't get back for 4 years, do they hold a special class for you even if the list is dead?
    No. Definitely not.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I don't think i'm going to do it, it's pretty risky. I also would be joining for the wrong reasons so that wouldn't sit well with me. I've been hearing my list number could get called within two to two and a half years, my cousin and his buddies OTJ think they will dig deeper than the 8500 or whatever the number was, but that's just their opinion.
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Forum Member

I have the same score but but in the 6400s
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Guys I need your input,

Thank you so much
    Don't take the chance going with a defer if you get to the point where you are offered the job take it if you are serious about becoming a firefighter. School can be finished up later.

Forum Member

I don't think i'm going to do it, it's pretty risky. I also would be joining for the wrong reasons so that wouldn't sit well with me. I've been hearing my list number could get called within two to two and a half years, my cousin and his buddies OTJ think they will dig deeper than the 8500 or whatever the number was, but that's just their opinion.
    i have a couple buddies in the early 9000s so im hoping they get to them

i think the number of people they are going to hire (2400) is a bit conservative
    if they only hire 2400 they would still be down 600+ guys after this list is exhausted they say they lose 40-50 guys a month due to retirement.

Forum Member

Getting called within 2 years? That would mean each class would go through 1500 names... Around a 1:7 ratio.. If that was the case then is good news to guys deep in the list lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Getting called within 2 years? That would mean each class would go through 1500 names... Around a 1:7 ratio.. If that was the case then is good news to guys deep in the list lol.
    Uhhh isn't 1,500 divided by 300 a 1:5 ratio? Heh, sorry buddy I had to.

Forum Member

if you go slightly above the number the city gave us say 9000
    9000 / 4 years thats 2250 a year
    year 1 2250
    year 2 4500
    year 3 6750
    year 4 9000

i dont think his prediction is that off
    Last edited by steven9d3; 10-27-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    Uhhh isn't 1,500 divided by 300 a 1:5 ratio? Heh, sorry buddy I had to.
    Yea too bad that most classes are about 225 of the OC guys and rest EMS. Oh ooppss I had to buddy!
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Forum Member

Yea too bad that most classes are about 225 of the OC guys and rest EMS. Oh ooppss I had to buddy!
    Most of the ems guys are going to be in the first 2 classes
    And if the first class is all ems the OC list won't start until the first OC guy starts the academy

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
    Most of the ems guys are going to be in the first 2 classes
    And if the first class is all ems the OC list won't start until the first OC guy starts the academy
    Everyone knows the first class is all EMS. Just keep in mind that there's over 200 EMS guys that are not up for promotion yet, so each 3-4 months there will be a hand full up for promotion. So each class for the next 2 years will have EMS guys in them.

Forum Member

Everyone knows the first class is all EMS. Just keep in mind that there's over 200 EMS guys that are not up for promotion yet, so each 3-4 months there will be a hand full up for promotion. So each class for the next 2 years will have EMS guys in them.
    That's not true The guys with the least time on the promotional exam complete there 2 year requirement this summer

Forum Member

I can't believe FDNY didn't prepare better for this by allowing some OC guys to go into the first class. A 220 January class is ridiculous considering they are understaffed by 650 and there are 8k qualified individuals ready to take those spots. Why didn't they get the ball rolling on the first few 100 OCs? It's ****ing retarded. Now I'm probably going to give my spot in the second class to some ems ******* who's only reason for becoming a medic is to sneak in the backdoor of the FDNY. Probably walking around with a 75 exam score too... Smh
    Test: 2000
    Score: 102
    List: 8XX

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Someone I know told me today that one of his friends who's list number is in the 70s on the oc list, won't be taking the physical. Reason being is because he chose to work as a correction officer. He also said that this guy just took the exam just to take it as well as other exams he took. Now I wonder how many people will be in this position because among other factors this may determine how far down the list they are willing to go. I honestly hope they go to Atleast 10,000+. Well, then again, it's just wishful thinking.

Most likely they will prepare the priority hires and put them in those spots. Don't worry you have a very good list number, you'll be first in line. Just being prepared will be all on your part, be ready because it goes by really quick.
    Last edited by FdnytolifeE293; 10-27-2012 at 11:34 PM.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    I can't believe FDNY didn't prepare better for this by allowing some OC guys to go into the first class. A 220 January class is ridiculous considering they are understaffed by 650 and there are 8k qualified individuals ready to take those spots. Why didn't they get the ball rolling on the first few 100 OCs? It's ****ing retarded. Now I'm probably going to give my spot in the second class to some ems ******* who's only reason for becoming a medic is to sneak in the backdoor of the FDNY. Probably walking around with a 75 exam score too... Smh
    First of all everyone on the ems promotional is eligible for promotion and none of them took there phyisical yet. I'm pretty sure there going to get a full class. Also don't be mad because they were smart enough to do ems and wait for the test. They deserve it more than anyone else on this whole list. Getting paid **** money for what they do. And trust me I wasn't ems
    MDEL210201 likes this.

Thread Information