Like Tree9885Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

smh...i really wanted to hear how intelligent the applicants really sounded. Im a minority (AA) who is at a loss regarding this nonsense.I just came home from the Army and took the FDNY exam 2000. I really didnt know about all of this craziness until i attended an exam tutorial offered by the Vulcan Society and the white applicants were barred from entry.I felt as if i was in the wrong country for a second until someone informed me of this whole "biased" exam "Judge Giraffe" "racial quota" nonsense. At first i thought it was an issue of QUALITY minority applicants who PASSED and were simply never called for unexplained reasons. However, i am now seeing that they are willing to provide pay and compensation for minorities who DID NOT PASS; and this is what i have a problem with. How the heck can anyone claim that the test was racist or discriminatory to minorities when there are minorities who took the "racist" exam, passed and were hired; many of which became captains (like the Vulcan members). It seems that only the stupid people failed that exam, from all races.

I honestly dont care about any of this race garbage. Many white applicants and HONEST minority applicants like myself are ****ed at the judge's rulings and this raises two concerns:

1) If im hired, do i have to go 20 years being despised by my fellow firemen who will mistakenly believe that i may be one of the freeloaders who was hired on a quota (how can/will one tell the difference between ME and the 293 freeloaders?)
    AND
    2) Since i WILL NOT be joining the vulcans or any other racially oriented group, will i have to go 20 years being pressured by other black firefighters who are racist and consider me a sell out? (There is already a black firefighter that i know who told me "Make sure you head for the Vulcans as soon as you get in").

All i want to do is SAVE LIVES and HELP PEOPLE. Thats all i wanna do. And ill do it with any person who loves humanity as much as i do. Screw your race.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

It already makes me upset that many will believe that i got hired simply becuz the test was made "easier". I hated that test. It was so easy that i was insulted. I wish i couldve taken the "racist" exam lol.
    FDsouthbxNY and BDZ like this.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    It already makes me upset that many will believe that i got hired simply becuz the test was made "easier". I hated that test. It was so easy that i was insulted. I wish i couldve taken the "racist" exam lol.

make your way through proby school, do the right thing in the firehouse, and no one will give a f*ck. Honestly. Cries of racism in the firehouse are greatly exaggerated. Youll be fine.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    make your way through proby school, do the right thing in the firehouse, and no one will give a f*ck. Honestly. Cries of racism in the firehouse are greatly exaggerated. Youll be fine.
    I appreciate the encouragement. I really hope things are as you say. My vision of becoming a firefighter does not include anything about a race war.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

smh...i really wanted to hear how intelligent the applicants really sounded. Im a minority (AA) who is at a loss regarding this nonsense.I just came home from the Army and took the FDNY exam 2000. I really didnt know about all of this craziness until i attended an exam tutorial offered by the Vulcan Society and the white applicants were barred from entry.I felt as if i was in the wrong country for a second until someone informed me of this whole "biased" exam "Judge Giraffe" "racial quota" nonsense. At first i thought it was an issue of QUALITY minority applicants who PASSED and were simply never called for unexplained reasons. However, i am now seeing that they are willing to provide pay and compensation for minorities who DID NOT PASS; and this is what i have a problem with. How the heck can anyone claim that the test was racist or discriminatory to minorities when there are minorities who took the "racist" exam, passed and were hired; many of which became captains (like the Vulcan members). It seems that only the stupid people failed that exam, from all races.

I honestly dont care about any of this race garbage. Many white applicants and HONEST minority applicants like myself are ****ed at the judge's rulings and this raises two concerns:

1) If im hired, do i have to go 20 years being despised by my fellow firemen who will mistakenly believe that i may be one of the freeloaders who was hired on a quota (how can/will one tell the difference between ME and the 293 freeloaders?)
    AND
    2) Since i WILL NOT be joining the vulcans or any other racially oriented group, will i have to go 20 years being pressured by other black firefighters who are racist and consider me a sell out? (There is already a black firefighter that i know who told me "Make sure you head for the Vulcans as soon as you get in").

All i want to do is SAVE LIVES and HELP PEOPLE. Thats all i wanna do. And ill do it with any person who loves humanity as much as i do. Screw your race.
    My dude im jewish. I couldnt put jewish down on my app. But you and me both know that racism hits both these groups, hard! (chris rock said it best)! My father is pushing me to join the jewish firefighters association. But I truly don't want to. I've always hated the idea of being labeled as anything but an individual. I hear you all the way!

I agree with everything you have said. The vulcan society went about contesting the exam the wrong way. In essences saying that blacks and hispanics are not smart enough to pass the old exam. When the true problem lied in the recruitment numbers. AKA the amount of minorities taking the exam. The old exams are reflective of the numbers of minorities taking the exam and entering probie school; even tho it is not reflective of the cities population. This is what always confused me about the entire case.

Hope to see you in probie school spiderneck
    Last edited by coldblood92; 01-12-2013 at 11:20 PM.

Forum Member

Exactly coldblood. The only ones who ever said that minorities couldnt pass the exam were the Vulcans lol. Nobody else ever said anything about it. Most blacks dont take the exam becuz most blacka simply dont wanna be firefighters. Its as simple as that. And for those who did want the job, some passed, some failed. I dont see the problem at all.

The test was "Too Hard For Minorities" just sounds unrealistic and stupid to me. WE WILL be in probie school bro. Good Luck
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 01-12-2013 at 11:45 PM. Reason: mistake
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

ny1 isnt playing the video all of a sudden for some reason. Anyone else having problems viewing the vid. It was running an hour ago but i had to leave and couldnt watch it. but now the web page just shows a pic of a guy holding an irrellevant exam prep booklet. And i tried from both my android and pc.
    Same problem here dude. It says you need to log in with a Time Warner account or something.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Spiderneck, just get hired and do the right thing. I have coworkers who are black, Hispanic, female, ect. and not one of those labels matters. We're all brothers and sisters who were evaluated the same way and who want the same things from out work environment.

This is a great job and an amazing life. As long as you're willing to embrace it, this job will embrace you. You sound like you have the right attitude. That'll come out as long as you do the right thing. You'll do fine. Best of luck!

Forum Member

Thanks alot.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

FDNY said that the test takers were strong candidates. What exactly did they mean since the

test is cooked in their favor. What about the appeal? I remember reading somewhere that the

decision was going to be handed down in the fall of 2012. Nothing but pure BS.

Forum Member

Okay, enough with the mud slinging for now. Tomorrow is day one for 320 recruits. Bring your A game. Show up looking smart in the proper uniform and have everything you need and extra of a few things. Look out for one another and push each other along. No one gets through on their own. Remember, nothing is personal and there's a method to everything they do there. Take your lumps like everyone has for decades and decades. You'll be better for it when you cross the stage at graduation....if you cross the stage

Make sure your bag is packed corrrectly, have what they tell you to have. Leave your phone, smokes, dip or whatever else in the car. You can't use them inside the gates and if they decide to search your bag that day, you're in deep sh#t.
    SkylinePCG, HopefulFF and mocon337 like this.

Forum Member

Sad to say we're already starting with less than that, since they did not backfill the spots of people who deferred.

Forum Member

how does deferring work? Can you do it at any point for any reason?

There is nothing that would make me defer, but I am curious.

Forum Member

Good luck to all you guys starting tomorrow. We're all pulling for you!
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Some body put it on you tube if thats possible.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Good luck to you guys tomorrow! I live right by the pedestrian entrance to the triborough bridge on the queens side. I hope to see you hittin the pavement someday soon...

Forum Member

You will be fine in my humble opinion once people meet you and hear that you were in the army.

Just saw your list number, you will have no problem.

Glad you agree with everyone here.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Hi,

I'm list #2XX on 2500 but haven't received anything in the mail besides my score, am I missing something?
    I see there are people who started their medicals if I'm not mistaken....I called 2 weeks ago and they said nothing had gone out yet..

Forum Member

Good luck to everyone tomorrow! And Congratulations in advance.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY86 View Post
    Hi,

I'm list #2XX on 2500 but haven't received anything in the mail besides my score, am I missing something?
    I see there are people who started their medicals if I'm not mistaken....I called 2 weeks ago and they said nothing had gone out yet..
    Do you have 2 years on?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Do you have 2 years on?
    504AM? Shouldnt you be at the academy? lol
    mocon337 and Dannypanigale like this.

Forum Member

Good luck to all of you who start the fist day of a long career doing the best job in the world!!!!! I'm a bit envious of all of you, but wish the you all the best. In the meantime ill be waiting patiently for my time to join the ranks. Sitting at list# 58xx.

Forum Member

list number 11,0xx .. lol high i know .. what is the estimated ratio of hires per list number .. and what do u guys think my chances are of getting hired ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYlistrider View Post
    list number 11,0xx .. lol high i know .. what is the estimated ratio of hires per list number .. and what do u guys think my chances are of getting hired ?
    Not to be a dick but they stated they wanted to hire 8xxx. With the priority stuff going on i think you need to prepare for the next test or look into ems if you're young enough and want to go that route. I say chances are slim to none closer to none tho.

Forum Member

Couple of questions I would like answered

What medical conditions will disqualify you?

I might have a bulging disc in my lumbar region will that disqualify me?

Thread Information